X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Elizabeth Weir

DR. ELIZABETH WEIR
    PLAYED BY - Torri Higginson
    Attractive, brilliant, and the master of five languages, this 35-year-old started out as a critic of government spending on the military. But she ultimately decided the best way to fight the establishment was to join it and change what she could from within by brokering peace and being a voice of reason to whoever would listen. She worked behind the scenes for the U.S. government as a high level international negotiator for years before being offered command of the Stargate Program by the new President. Now, she has been given the opportunity to lead an international team through the gate to a new galaxy on a grand mission to save all of humanity and she is not one to turn that challenge down.

=====================
    OK, since the original topic had more posts about Sliders and the first actress cast for the part, I'd thought I try this topic again.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Don't forget the part where she is more anxious to form alliances with farmers and cavemen than in searching the LOST CITY OF THE ANCIENTS for weapons and other technology. That's always a sign of intelligence, or lack there of.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

No spoilers follow.

I just wanted a place to say the I thought the episode "The Storm" had some really good stuff for Torri to work with. Most of the time she's stuck in the Control Room talking to Sheppard on the mike. This time Weir got a chance to do what she should be doing, instead of sending Sheppard all the time. I hope to see her in more difficult negotiating sessions.

Last week's episode, "Home" was also a good showcase for Weir.

The role she has of getting the team together, and keeping McKay and Zelenka focused shouldn't be her primary role. Although that stuff is well written. Or has it been that she's been making the decisions and I haven't noticed because it's been so smooth? I'm going to have to spend the off season studying that.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
        Don't forget the part where she is more anxious to form alliances with farmers and cavemen than in searching the LOST CITY OF THE ANCIENTS for weapons and other technology. That's always a sign of intelligence, or lack there of.
        Hmm, somebody snuck in before I had a chance to make my second post. That's not where I was intending this thread to go. Oh, well...

My kind of guy:

Comment

You should really be posting in the Offical Dr. Weir thread, instead of making a duplicate.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

DR. ELIZABETH WEIR Attractive!!! Please have your eyes checked.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              You should really be posting in the Offical Dr. Weir thread, instead of making a duplicate.
              But that thread was so off topic and only because I noticed that there seems to be "official threads" and made a real effort to find the darn thing way back in the depths of the board. Nobody's been talking about Weir since mid-August! That's just not right.

But if you all want to resurrect that thread, wherever it is, that's fine. Maybe I should re-title this thread "What I think of Torri's Dr. Weir"? Would changing the heading make it better? Do I have the ability to change the heading?

Mod?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO2999
                Good heavens, maybe I should go back to the original thread. This is not what I wanted to discuss!

Or maybe all the negative people can go back to that thread and folks who really want to discuss the character can do so here. I guess I really didn't search hard enough to find the other Weir threads.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO2999
                  Excuse me but I believe you are the one in need of eyeglasses. Torri Higginson (Dr. Weir) is very attractive. I'd so go for that.

*I already know what that dog is thinking. He's thinking, "that two timing tramp. I thought I was her only one."*

Now don't get me wrong. Rachel Lutrell (Teyla) is very hot too but she the "I'm hot because I'm physically fit, I've got a figure, and I have big boobs," but sometimes, you that just doesn't do it for me. Torri Higginson is the "What me hot? Excuse me buddy but I've got a job to do." hot.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

*sigh*

I love Dr. Weir. She's my favorite character on the series because she is complicated and passionate. As the episodes went on they've started writing her better, and I think maybe in future years we'll be talking about some of the early episodes of Atlantis in the same way we talk about the early episodes of SG1 when we say "Briefing Room Sam".

The writers need a chance to grow into the character, and there is a lot of room there to explore that is not the standard military stuff that's been done to death.

I for one find Torri Higginson extremely attractive and talented.

I would be concerned about starting a thread about it though, without being very clear in the beginning posts what the thread is about. There is a vocal minority of people--some of whom are VERY vocal--who hate the character. We should all remember that not every character is meant to appeal to every viewer, and farthermore, that the forum's ground rules are that you don't attack either posters or the actors.

Torri Higginson doesn't deserve to be attacked anymore than any other actor on the show.

Comment

Hey folks

Yes, we do have an official liz weir thread...and it's right here
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=226

how about moving this discussion over there?

ooh, and please check out the first post and recall the rules about respecting the actor(s) and other posters.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X