This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you rate SGA right now?

After watching for some time now, I think we've got an idea of what this show is about. With that said, what do you think about it at this point?

Although Im a huge fan of SG-1, Im finding this series lacking in several areas:

1) No leader - You cannot have co-leaders, it just wont work. Its either Sheppard or Weir, but one of them has to be it. IMO Weir has got to go. She's just annoying and after having to discuss every move with her it makes Sheppard look weak.

2) Wraiths lack character - So we know they're evil and suck energy, but what else? NOTHING. They havent done anything since the first episode and at this point look very weak. The female in the pilot episode was more effective in displaying what they were all about than every episode after it combined.

3) Treatment of Lt. Ford - Dont like it at all. He's a soldier in the military and they make him act like he doesnt know what he's doing. They're treating him like a child.

4) Too much like Star Trek: Voyager - They cant get home, face new enemies, meet new people that are added to their crew (Teyla), blah, blah, blah. Get them home soon, or this show is doomed. This helpless storyline isnt working.

5) Lack of new advanced allies - SG-1 met several advanced allies and it helped give the show depth. Maybe SGA can do the same before they face the onslaught of the Wraith once they awaken. BTW, once the Wraith do come they should be VERY dominant forcing SGA to make extreme decisions.

So after all of that, I would rank SGA at 4 out of 10. It still has potential to be a good show, but at this point I just dont see it.

I think it has all the ingredients of a brilliant, pure scifi show. It's a new idea of a very well established brand and I think they've managed to lay the groundworks very well. Give something interesting, but don't give away too much to kill the anticipation and to limit the shows potential for growth.

We have a keeper, and I've said so before

...in this thread.
    Channara

-"How come I never get to kiss anybody?"
    -"Well, it's a... there's being episode written for you ...soon. Very soon."
    -"Sure."

Comment

I'd say Atlantis is 8 out of 10 for me. Fantastic show, would like to see Ford treated a little better though. What made it an 8 instead of a 10 is lack of city exploration and lack of wraith but I think that would have changed towards the end of the series.
      Wier: Nice work Rodney!
      McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
      Wier: Yes, several times....
      [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

I would give Atlantis a solid 9.5/10. Sheppard and Aiden are hilarious. Weir is eye candy, and brilliant all the way. Not a fan of Teyla. Zelenka and McKay are too funny at some points, as well are brilliant.

The overall story is awesome, and some of the best CGI on the planet. Not to mention the sets are awesome aswell.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

9/10

It's not perfect, but it's everything I like about science fiction shows -

humor, action, mystery, suspense, and a bit of tension as far as romance goes.

It also has a great cast of actors who I hope to see on the screen for a long time.

Comment

1-(IMO Weir has got to go. She's just annoying ) Agreed !
            2-(Wraiths lack character ) I agree with this as well
            3-(Lt. Ford ) I just dont like this person would like to see him gone
            4-(Too much like Star Trek: Voyager ) TO an extinict I agree, (Teyla), I dont like this character either who like her to go as well.

Quote- From Downfallangel-Weir is eye candy? Are you looking through Beer goggles

Comment

Weir's attractive...especially at the start of the episode where she was kind of pouting (not really, more like discouraged)

She's not a 10/10 or anything, but she's good looking.

Comment

I give the entire show a 9.9 out of 10 it would have been a perfect ten but home was a very bad episode.

Comment

I'd say I'd give it an eight out of ten. They are still having character developement issues with Ford and Teyla, and I'd like to see more done with the city itself, but other than that I've been enjoying it a great deal.

And I am, like Downfall, well known for liking Weir a lot As soon as I can get a custom avatar I already have (better) Higginson pictures in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                    2) Wraiths lack character - So we know they're evil and suck energy, but what else? NOTHING. They havent done anything since the first episode and at this point look very weak. The female in the pilot episode was more effective in displaying what they were all about than every episode after it combined..
                    There have been like 10 episodes. How did the Goa'uld seem after 10 episodes?

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                    5) Lack of new advanced allies - SG-1 met several advanced allies and it helped give the show depth. Maybe SGA can do the same before they face the onslaught of the Wraith once they awaken. BTW, once the Wraith do come they should be VERY dominant forcing SGA to make extreme decisions.
                    Again, there have been like 10 episodes. How many advanced allies did SG-1 have after 10 episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                      There have been like 10 episodes. How did the Goa'uld seem after 10 episodes?

Again, there have been like 10 episodes. How many advanced allies did SG-1 have after 10 episodes?
                      My thoughts exactly...I give the show 9.9999999 out of ten--I have some difficulty accepting the idea of such a small group, with such limited resources being able to take uit to the folks who defeated the ancients...but thats it....and hey whats wrong with Teyla???
                      sigpic
                      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        And I am, like Downfall, well known for liking Weir a lot As soon as I can get a custom avatar I already have (better) Higginson pictures in mind.
                        Fisch, you're my hero! lol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          Fisch, you're my hero! lol.
                          *Takes bow*

Comment

You've got a fan club Fischer

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                              You've got a fan club Fischer
                              Yea right. Was kididng....if you didn't notice.

Comment

Working...
                              X