This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How stupid are the Genii?

Even without our Lantean & Asgard tech, we are vastly more advanced than them. Heck, a few of our jets & nukes would exterminate their entire civilization with little to no casualties on our side.

The upgrades aren't even necessary So how come they always posture like they're the betters. The Daedy alone could systematically annihilate every Genii.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Are people from the 50 years ago stupid?
    You have a laptop computer, Albert Einstein didn't - does that make you smarter than Albert Einstein?

The Gennii civilisation gets carpet bombed into the stone age every 100 or so years, its incredible that they were able to hang on to what they have now. And for all of that they seem very smart - it didn'ttake Ladon long at all to figure out how to use the ancient computers on Atlantis
    sigpic

Comment

Well let see what stopped the Genii from being an advanced civilization....Wraith cullings, egomaniac leaders, the fact that they have to build the civilization underground, and that the Wraith destroyed their alliance 1000 years ago and they had to begin again....did I miss something?!
      LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
      Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
      http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
      My fan fiction

Comment

I'm not saying they're stupid because they're primitive, I'm saying they're stupid for constantly threatening a civilization that is vastly more advanced & powerful than they could even aspire to be.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          I'm not saying they're stupid because they're primitive, I'm saying they're stupid for constantly threatening a civilization that is vastly more advanced & powerful than they could even aspire to be.
          For which civilization you speak? The Wraith or the Earth?
          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
          Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
          http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
          My fan fiction

Comment

Even without our Lantean & Asgard tech, we are vastly more advanced than them. Heck, a few of our jets & nukes would exterminate their entire civilization with little to no casualties on our side.

The upgrades aren't even necessary So how come they always posture like they're the betters. The Daedy alone could systematically annihilate every Genii.
            The upgrades aren't for them!

Also the Genii as of S2 aren't an enemy any longer. So there is no need to exterminate anyone. There is always smarter people than you around every corner. Genii are smarter than some dumb village, humans are smarter & more advanced than the Genii. Wraith, Asurans, Lanteans are more smarter than humans etc, etc!

Daedalus could wipe out the Genii, by beaming up their gate & leaving them trapped, or even beaming a nuke down to their planet & detonating it. Asurans could easily do the same with Atlantis, as well as Wraith. Humans aren't top of the food chain, so can't go around thinking they are better than anyone & wishing to wipe them out for being stupid.

The Genii don't look down upon anyone, if anything it's more that they are pissed that a bunch of outsiders came from nowhere, settled in the city of the ancestors & go about playing God, deciding what can & cannot be done. They probably feel that because they have been in Pegasus their whole lives, they as natives should probably have had it.

However since Ladon took over, that attitude seems to have changed & they are more willing to accept the way things are. Mainly because they probably realise that it'd be in their best interests to help out when needed. That way they can get help with technology & all the rest.

So don't see any problems with the way things have went. Perhaps if someone like Kolya was in charge & hostilities still remained. Then have Daedalus swing by, fly right down above them, then beam up their Stargate. Beam up all the soldiers into the brig. Then beam down Shep & whoever. Warn them that they not need fear the Wraith, but fear them instead if they don't take their heads out of their asses. Tell this it's a last warning or else they won't be around much longer to annoy anyone. Beam the gate backdown to them. Then beam the team members back up. Have Daedalus crank up the engines full blast & boom away back into space.

That would leave them with the clear message that their devious actions will be tolerated no more & it's to end at once or else. However they aren't bad guys any longer, so no need to resort to any such tactics.

Comment

How stupid are the Genii?

They are not stupid at all. They have a spy network all around the Pegasus and they are much advanced than any other Pegasus civilization. They could defend themselves from the Wraith too with their technology.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                The Genii don't look down upon anyone
                COWEN: Doctor Weir, this is Commander Cowen, leader of the Genii.

WEIR: Where is Colonel Sheppard?

COWEN: He's right here with me, along with the men you sent to storm this complex. Some would view that as an act of war.

WEIR: We were just trying to quell your rebellion before it started.

COWEN: I think we both know what your intentions were, Doctor. And now it's time you became aware of mine. I will release your men, but I expect something in return.

WEIR: We have twelve of your own: how about a straight trade?

COWEN: The Genii you've imagined as your potential hostages are terminally ill. They volunteered for the mission. They knew they were never coming back from the moment they heard of my plan.

(Elizabeth leans on the balcony railing in despair.)

WEIR: Why are you doing this?

COWEN: The Genii people need the Lantean ships you call Jumpers. I believe you have ten of them. You have one hour to bring them all here.

WEIR: And if I don't?

COWEN: We will kill one of your team every fifteen minutes until our demands are met. Oh, and we will be starting with Colonel Sheppard.

COWEN: The Genii need those Jumpers. Until you are prepared to part with them, this conversation is over.

WEIR: You kill one of my people and we are in a state of war.

COWEN (chuckling): Oh, yes, yes! (Sarcastically) I -- well, I don't quite know how I'll live with myself(!)
                (More seriously) I will contact you again in fifteen minutes, so you can decide whether you would like Doctor McKay to live. In the meantime, you have forfeited the life of Colonel Sheppard. (He switches the radio off.)

WEIR: Cowen, wait!

(When he doesn't reply, she turns to the technician, who shakes his head.)

--------

Even if Cowen wasn't betrayed, 1-of-2 things would've happened:

1. Wier would've declared war on them, and then could've sent the Daedelus to take every Genii Planet's Stargate & DHD, and then bombard every known Genii stronghold from space. They could then beam in all the ruling bodies & scientists of the Genii and hold them as POWs. The entire Genii civilization would effectively be erased from existence in a matter of days-weeks.

2. Wier would've traded the Jumpers for the crew, and then immediately sent another PJ to shoot a drone through their DHD, or a virus to disable the planet's Gate. They would be stranded on that planet (they can't fly the PJs yet), and Wier would eventually send the Daedalus to recover them.

His plan was stupid, because an outright defeat would've been immediate no matter which route Wier went. They have no option with the Wraith. But posturing, and threatening a civilization (the Tau'ri) that could exterminate his entire people is moronic.
                Last edited by Ripple in Space; 29 April 2007, 12:34 PM.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

COWEN: Doctor Weir, this is Commander Cowen, leader of the Genii.

WEIR: Where is Colonel Sheppard?

COWEN: He's right here with me, along with the men you sent to storm this complex. Some would view that as an act of war.

WEIR: We were just trying to quell your rebellion before it started.

COWEN: I think we both know what your intentions were, Doctor. And now it's time you became aware of mine. I will release your men, but I expect something in return.

WEIR: We have twelve of your own: how about a straight trade?

COWEN: The Genii you've imagined as your potential hostages are terminally ill. They volunteered for the mission. They knew they were never coming back from the moment they heard of my plan.

(Elizabeth leans on the balcony railing in despair.)

WEIR: Why are you doing this?

COWEN: The Genii people need the Lantean ships you call Jumpers. I believe you have ten of them. You have one hour to bring them all here.

WEIR: And if I don't?

COWEN: We will kill one of your team every fifteen minutes until our demands are met. Oh, and we will be starting with Colonel Sheppard.

COWEN: The Genii need those Jumpers. Until you are prepared to part with them, this conversation is over.

WEIR: You kill one of my people and we are in a state of war.

COWEN (chuckling): Oh, yes, yes! (Sarcastically) I -- well, I don't quite know how I'll live with myself(!)
                  (More seriously) I will contact you again in fifteen minutes, so you can decide whether you would like Doctor McKay to live. In the meantime, you have forfeited the life of Colonel Sheppard. (He switches the radio off.)

WEIR: Cowen, wait!

(When he doesn't reply, she turns to the technician, who shakes his head.)

--------

Even if Cowen wasn't betrayed, 1-of-2 things would've happened:

1. Wier would've declared war on them, and then could've sent the Daedelus to take every Genii Planet's Stargate & DHD, and then bombard every known Genii stronghold from space. They could then beam in all the ruling bodies & scientists of the Genii and hold them as POWs. The entire Genii civilization would effectively be erased from existence in a matter of days-weeks.

2. Wier would've traded the Jumpers for the crew, and then immediately sent another PJ to shoot a drone through their DHD, or a virus to disable the planet's Gate. They would be stranded on that planet (they can't fly the PJs yet), and Wier would eventually send the Daedalus to recover them.

His plan was stupid, because an outright defeat would've been immediate no matter which route Wier went. They have no option with the Wraith. But posturing, and threatening a civilization (the Tau'ri) that could exterminate his entire people is moronic.
                  I fail to see what that proves in your eyes! It doesn't prove anything about the Genii, only that they had a sadistic, brutal leader.

From the last meeting:

"LADON: I came here as a friend, Doctor Weir. I hope to leave as one."

"KOLYA: Well, to preserve his precious alliance with you, Doctor, so that the Genii might remain in the favour of Atlantis."

Again no looking down, just the way one leader was. If you'd watch the last ep, you'll see all this obliterating them from the galaxy won't be happening. They have an alliance between them now!

Comment

Are you kidding with that out of context statement?
                    Spoiler:
                    Koyla dies trying to kill Shep!

I'm pretty sure I never said that Atlantis does attack the Genii.
                    sigpic
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

What are you saying that is like saying cavemen are stupid cos we could kill them with a nuke they aren't as advanced as us big deal
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                        What are you saying that is like saying cavemen are stupid cos we could kill them with a nuke they aren't as advanced as us big deal
                        If the "cavemen" started threatening post-nuclear societies, then yes, I would say they're stupid.
                        sigpic
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

If the "cavemen" started threatening post-nuclear societies, then yes, I would say they're stupid.
                          I don't know, some pre-nuclear societies seem to do well in attacking post-nuclear societies and getting away with it...
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            I don't know, some pre-nuclear societies seem to do well in attacking post-nuclear societies and getting away with it...

{Mod Snip}
                            Anyway, you guys seem to be missing Ripple's point. He isn't saying the Genii are stupid because they are less advanced than us. He's saying that there stupid for continuously throwing down with a culture that could wipe them out with one simple command.
                            Atlantis has no desire to fight the Genii, even though we could easily beat them. The Genii keep on coming at us picking a fight, even though they would lose. Its like a 90 pound 15 year old with big thick glasses kicking an 800 pound gorilla in the shin. Its just plain stupid.
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 April 2007, 10:11 PM.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Are you kidding with that out of context statement?
                              Spoiler:
                              Koyla dies trying to kill Shep!

I'm pretty sure I never said that Atlantis does attack the Genii.
                              Lmao, answer this & you'll get what your looking for:

When Kolya bites it, is he working for the Genii?

Answer: No, he's gone renegade & working on his own for his own benefit.

Exactly the same situation if Ford if he attacked a planet while gone AWOL. So if that happened, should the official Atlantis expedition members be held accountable by those people who suffered at his hands for his actions despite him not being there any longer. Would Weir take responsibility for him, would she be willing to consider this race exterminating them because of it, even though none of them had a hand in what happened.

The whole point here is that they were antagonists originally. In S2, this barbaric leader was killed off. Shep, McKay, Lorne + other lives were saved by the man who now runs their planet. In S3, the last remnants of Cowan's old regime were killed off. Which Ladon again helped save Shep's life in 'Common Ground' by finding the coordinates of the planet he was being held on. Allowing his team to find him. Not to mention without their nukes in 'The Siege', Atlantis probably would be a goner by now!

The whole point here is Genii are not important, they never were. They weren't a big threat in the 1st place. They were simply run by the wrong regime, that has now been totally displaced. The new regime is much more on their side & willing to help them if needed.

It's a bit late for this sort of thread, when they now have an alliance between them. Perhaps you should have posted this back in S1 when after the mid-season break, or at least during the middle of 'Coup D'Etat'.

Comment

Working...
                              X