This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think...

...that the human enemies (Genii , Minorians Sp?) are more interesting than the Wraith?

Originally posted by AmyE
    ...that the human enemies (Genii , Minorians Sp?) are more interesting than the Wraith?
    Imo, maybe they are, but what fun would it be, w/ a galaxy full of humans? Haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Does anyone think...
      some people do, and some people don't.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

From what I have seen so far the humans are a litle more interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Wraith are frightening and all... even more so than the Gou'ald because they will not be tempted by greed... Even though the Gou'ald see humans as beasts of burden, when put in a compromising position they can be threatened / bargained with... The Wraith... I can't see us ever being able to bargain with them... thus it could never be as interesting... it will be kill or be killed...

So I think so far the humans have proven more interesting. Those Genii scum will get theirs soon...

Comment

Beleive it or not, I think the Wraith are more of an enemy, but the humans are more deceptive and enveyous of the Tau'Ri/SGA Teams.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

The Wraith believe themselves as more superior than the humans... It's a more cooler interaction than the Goa'uld because the Goa'uld do in fact interact...

Goa'uld: I am your God. Bow... Now!
            Wraith: *he knows that he is Godlike to the humans* *eats*

But the human interaction would be more interesting because they are in the same plight against the Wraith but they are more relatable.

Comment

I do like the Wraith as a threat but just think I know what willl happen when they show up as they do not seem to have any other purpose than eating people....see Wraith...Wraith try to eat human....Wraith leave. I like having the dynamics that the human enemies present. Who knows what they will do. I am glad that they were presented as a problem to the Antlantians.

Comment

Human enemies are always more interesting than Alien enemies because you can relate better to them. You know how humans are and know what they are capable of. Normally that would be a very boring thing but we all know that in reality, life is stranger than fiction and people (humans) are very unpredictable things)

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Originally posted by SGTLopez
                  Human enemies are always more interesting than Alien enemies because you can relate better to them. You know how humans are and know what they are capable of. Normally that would be a very boring thing but we all know that in reality, life is stranger than fiction and people (humans) are very unpredictable things)
                  I also think the Genii are more interesting than the Wraith, for now.. But I see the Genii more like a one-season bad guys, you know, I think that by the end of season 1 they won't be in the picture anymore (not that I WANT them out of the picture, but that's still what I think will happen.. only time will tell ) The Wraith, however, are there to stay, since they've been introduced in the pilot and are the equivalent of the goa'ulds... THE creepy bad guys that we don't know a lot about yet but will learn from them as the episodes go by... don't know if that will reveal to be true, I try to keep myself away from spoilers but that's what I think will happen...

Spoiler:
                  [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                  [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                  [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                  ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Its funny you should say that.
                    Spoiler:
                    I was thinking that exact same thing as the Genii took control of Atlantis. When Kolsa(sp?) shot the two guards, I immediately said to my girlfriend, "I wish the Wraith were this interesting."
                    I think the problem is that we still can't put a face to the Wraith yet. There is no one Wraith we can point to and say "That's the bad guy."

Comment

Originally posted by SGTLopez

That is pretty much exactly what I think. Also the red head Genii is hot.

Comment

I think it was all part of their plan-- their plot!

We (the fans) were led to believe the Wraith would be the big enemies on this show. However, it seems like the Wraith are simply being used as a plot device. They're an enemy, but they're not the enemy. The enemy might just turn out to be a coalition of humans who want the City of the Ancestors. The Wraith are nothing but a means of bringing about the real bad guys-- The Geni.

That's probably why the Wraith aren't at all interesting. They're nothing but a means of putting the AC (Atlantis Command) in conflict with other races/people. It's brilliant!
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Hey come on people, this is just half of the 1. session. We havent actuall seen anything of wraith yet. I think it will be clearer after The siege.
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                            Hey come on people, this is just half of the 1. session. We havent actuall seen anything of wraith yet. I think it will be clearer after The siege.
                            I agree... It's possible that they won't turn out to be THE bad guys, but if I remember correctly, we didn't see much of the goa'uld in the first part of Season 1 of SG1...

101- Children of the Gods: Goa'uld centered
                            102- The Enemy Within: Goa'uld centered
                            103- Emancipation: No goa'ulds
                            104- The Broca Divide: No goa'ulds
                            105- The First Commandment: No goa'ulds
                            106- Cold Lazarus: No goa'ulds
                            107- The Nox: Some goa'ulds, but I wouldn't say it was goa'uld centered
                            108- Brief Candle: No goa'ulds
                            109- Thor's Hammer: No goa'ulds
                            110- The Torment of Tantalus: No goa'ulds
                            111- Bloodlines: Goa'uld centered
                            112- Fire And Water: No goa'ulds
                            113- Hathor: Goa'uld centered
                            114- Singularity: Goa'uld centered (kind of)

and now the first part of Atlantis season 1 (not really spoiler, but you never know...)

101- The Rising part1: Wraiths
                            102- The Rising part2: Wraiths
                            103- Hide and Seek: No Wraiths
                            104- Thirdy-Eight Minutes: No Wraiths (except for the "Wraith bug")
                            105- Suspicion: Some encouters with the Wraiths
                            106- Childhood's End: It was somewhat about the Wraiths, but we don't really see much of them...
                            107- Poisonning the Well: About Wraiths, and Steve (duh!)
                            108- Underground: About Wraiths
                            109- Home: No Wraiths
                            110- The Storm: No Wraiths (I think... I'm watching this one tonight)

I think this comparison speaks for itself... ok, we knew a lot more about goa'ulds in the few episodes that we had about them in the first half of SG1 compared to what we've learned about the Wraiths in so many episodes, but I think that's the fun of it... there's still a lot to learn about them, and I wonder what TPTB have for us in future episodes...

Spoiler:
                            [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                            [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                            [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                            ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Yeah, they have to introduce all Pegasus first, before showing us the power of th worse enemy, and that will happen in siege if i'm not very much mistaken. So that we have a good plot in the 2. session
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X