PDA

View Full Version : Other races dead...

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else not care when people other than SG personel or other Earth based teams are killed? Its not like most of these races help us. When worlds are taken over, especially advanced races who wouldnt give us technology or become allies, by the Gou'ald, I wonder what is the point of trying to form alliances. My personal favorite was when the Tollan were attacked. If i was Hammond i would have openned the gate to their world and blasted Def Leopard while the Goa'uld were bombing their city. Jaffa, Tok'ra, Unas, and the countless humans on other planets don't want to stick their necks out for us like we do to them. So when they are attacked it is just desserts. Our only real ally is the Asgard, and they are too busy with their own problems to help us. Maybe the NID and "Trust" have it right in stealing technology for OUR benefit.

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 07:18 PM
And causing more chaos and problems that they can't handle.

Major Fischer
September 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah, pissing off the galaxy seems like a really good idea. :rolleyes: I'm glad you demonstrate an depth of knowledge in ethics and military policy....

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Well its not like Earth has been attacked at least 2 times by the Goa'uld and we defeated them with the help of...thats right, noone! Everyone tries to screw us, maybe its time to return the favor.

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 07:26 PM
So when all the system lords unite against us....thats a good thing?

Taking on one at a time, and letting half of the jaffa fall to another system lord, is alot better, then irradicating one area, and letting a system lord take over his entire domain, without bloodshed.

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 07:29 PM
The system lords are against us. Do you watch the show? They are just fighting Ba'al right now.

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 07:30 PM
....What I'm saying is that when they go to war, they loose weapons, ships and Jaffa and territory.

When you release a plauge, they loose Jaffa only.

That means one system lord steps in and takes over, without bloodshed.

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 07:35 PM
And stealing weapons and watching other races die (ie. the topic of my post) is tied into your random comments how?

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM
How do you not understand that what the trust is doing is 10x worse then fighting one system lord at a time!? The point you brought up was that 'everyone is trying to screw us lets return the favor'. RIght?

We are doing it. In a more methodical way. Pitting the system lords against each other is a much more long term solution, compared to whiping out camps of innocenent Jaffa.

If we do that, it completey strengthens one system lord.

Giving him more power to KILL US!

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 07:47 PM
A. SPOILER!!!
B. The system lords were fighting each other long before 1997. The only thing that has happened since we came into the picture was the fact that we are one more threat.
C. Piting them against each other hasn't worked in the past. They just assimilate forces.
D. Name 3 races we have saved.
E. Now name 2 races who can and will help us when we need them! You can't. Because noone will help us. Shep said it tonight "you are our friend or you are..." And that is they way it should be now. We have the tools, we have the science, we are now an offensive force.

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Saved: Asgard, Langarans, Reole

Could Save Us: Asgard, Reole (excellent stealth techniques)

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Im glad the Asgard saved us against Apophis and Anubius when they attacked. I swear, Right after Jack saved their crummy little planet they cart us back yto earth and dont even help us fight Anubius. Great friends/ allies they are. So that voids them out. And the Reole, thank you for making me laugh and cheering me up knowing i wont have stargate for 4 months. We have seen 1 of them. Maybe the only one. And we havent seen him since. So who would help us?

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 08:15 PM
They allowed us entrance to the summit meet, inorder to find out who Anubis was.

The Asgard...they pop up whenever....yea, I got nuttin.

And we have strayed off topic completely.

RUhunter
September 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Topic Shmoppic

Dahak
September 18th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Probably because if the Asgard did everything for us there would be no TV SHOW.
But even leaving that minor point out why should aliens go out of their way to help us? The Asgard have no reason to trust humans in the long run. Or the Nox. Or any of the other old powerful races. Humans are just as big a threat to them as the Gou'ald in the long run. Probably bigger because humans are great to increasing their population and the Gou'ald keep eating each other.
Don't confuse being evil with being someones enemy.

RUhunter
September 18th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Dahak, we SAVED the Asgard on 2 plus occasions and they still will not help us out. Why?

veneticuss
September 18th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Dahak, we SAVED the Asgard on 2 plus occasions and they still will not help us out. Why?
Becuase, they have now their own problems with rebuilding their race.
Of course they could give us advaced technologies and ships, but the real question is, whether it would save us or destroy us.
Do you remember Orlins planet from The "Ascension"/...???
Or those neighbours of Tollans?

RUhunter
September 19th, 2004, 01:58 AM
If Jack had never found the Ancient outpost in the Antartic, Anubis would have taken over Earth, destroyed it, and went on his merry way. And you people would still be chatting-
"Of course they could give us advaced technologies and ships, but the real question is, whether it would save us or destroy us." Veneticuss

veneticuss
September 19th, 2004, 02:08 AM
If Jack had never found the Ancient outpost in the Antartic, Anubis would have taken over Earth, destroyed it, and went on his merry way. And you people would still be chatting-
"Of course they could give us advaced technologies and ships, but the real question is, whether it would save us or destroy us." Veneticuss
He acutally didnt find it. He knew it was there.

RUhunter
September 19th, 2004, 04:38 PM
He acutally didnt find it. He knew it was there.

He did find it. He led the ship over the base, he suped up the transport rings to reach it and he accessed the defense mechanisims. Thank you Jack O'Neill.

LordAnubis
September 19th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Probably because if the Asgard did everything for us there would be no TV SHOW.
But even leaving that minor point out why should aliens go out of their way to help us? The Asgard have no reason to trust humans in the long run. Or the Nox. Or any of the other old powerful races. Humans are just as big a threat to them as the Gou'ald in the long run. Probably bigger because humans are great to increasing their population and the Gou'ald keep eating each other.
Don't confuse being evil with being someones enemy.
The Nox are about as useful as bleeding hemorrhoids. Plus, I'm still not convinced they're advanced...they prolly got the flying city from the Ancients. Stupid Nox.

RUhunter
September 19th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Well at least someone hates the Nox besides me. I guess its too much to ask for people who dislike the Tollan. :)

Donks
September 20th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I dislike the Tollan. And the Nox. If they wanted to, they could help us, either with tech that is just slighly more advanced than our stuff, to give us a push, or with medical stuff.

ibwolf
September 20th, 2004, 07:14 AM
The Tollan were short sighted. They thought that they could ignore the Goa'uld, be neutral. Of course that plan went straight to hell once Anubis came into the picture armed with some Ancient tech.

The Asgard's position is a bit easier to explain. They have had very limited resources to help us due to the replicators and have been unwilling to give us tech. That last bit is slowly changing as they owe us more and more.

The Nox maintain the same position as the Tollans but do so from a stronger position. Still if Anubis had been able to conquer the system lords and set himself up as 'the one and only' it would have been only a matter of time before he had sufficiently advanced technology to attack and defeat even the Nox.

aschen
September 20th, 2004, 07:22 AM
That's kind of the point... We're not supposed to care about those nameless people who die.

Wyrminarrd
September 20th, 2004, 07:26 AM
For all we know the Nox might be much more advanced then the ancients were at their prime.

If the wraith really could beat the ancients it means that there is room for more advances then those the ancients had made, thus we can´t be sure of anything concerning the "older" races.

And to answer the original question of the thread, no I really don´t care we people other then earthlings die in the show :)

KayMan2k
September 20th, 2004, 08:51 AM
The Nox are about as useful as bleeding hemorrhoids. Plus, I'm still not convinced they're advanced...they prolly got the flying city from the Ancients. Stupid Nox.

Yes, because having the (seemingly) natural ability to heal and cloak objects is certainly a sign of a non-advanced race :rolleyes:

They have technology like the floating city (which we have no reason to assume they did not build beyond speculation) and probably a lot more technology within the city. Such as transporation or ships to visit the city. We never saw their city, perhaps those who live on the ground believe in the 'old ways' and are like our amish? I beleive that the Nox city would be amazing.... if we ever get to see it.

But I don't like them. They're a bit boring and have only been in two episodes.

aschen
September 20th, 2004, 09:04 AM
lol. I love you man. You're wrong, but I love you. Of course the Nox are advanced! They're sort of blue-ish! They have to be smart!

RUhunter
September 20th, 2004, 11:16 AM
lol. I love you man. You're wrong, but I love you. Of course the Nox are advanced! They're sort of blue-ish! They have to be smart!

I think the blue is from choking on their own egos. I hate the Nox, but not as much as the Tollan. All of these stuck up races who wont give us technology.

Ancient 1
September 20th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Well at least someone hates the Nox besides me. I guess its too much to ask for people who dislike the Tollan. :)
I only hate the Nox that we've met so far. I'm hoping the ones that actually reside in the sky city are much cooler than the tree-hugger druid types on the planet.

RUhunter
September 20th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Intergalactic hippies, whats not to hate. Maybe if they give us technology they are ok. Since they haven't tried to kill us...YET!

LordAnubis
September 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM
For all we know the Nox might be much more advanced then the ancients were at their prime.

If the wraith really could beat the ancients it means that there is room for more advances then those the ancients had made, thus we can´t be sure of anything concerning the "older" races.

And to answer the original question of the thread, no I really don´t care we people other then earthlings die in the show :)
Ya, but...they don't fight, so how could they beat anyone or anything? Plus, you're underestimating the Wraith, who have tech that "rivaled" that of the Ancients. In other words, they are probably equal to or more advanced than the Nox (hehe, yipppy, we gots us a flyin' city but we a freakin' losers!), which doesn't appear to be hard to do since they are LOSERS who go aroudn healin' their enemies. Hehe. No offense, they might be mystical little tree huggers with some cool abilities, but we've seen no direct evidence that they are really advanced enough to take on the Ancients or Anubis.

They Sky City ones have to be cooler, if not...wtf...they are lame!

LordAnubis
September 20th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Ya, ya, ya...so does that mean the Smurfs are advanced too? hehe. Okay, so maybe they are advanced, but like...I dunno, they just don't impress me. The Asgard are cool little buggers who can do some major damage when they need to, but the Nox? Heh. I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry, Aschen, but they don't impress me dude.

AmyE
September 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
This is interesting...we have this chemical that will kill the Goauld...All the SG teams need to do is have a little mace type thingy with them that they can use to easily kill the Gouald whan one comes around. Who cares if they get captured. Heck...get capured on purpose and once you are taken before "your god" give a little spritz. It seem like it would be too easy to elimate them now. Do they have any defenses against this chemical?

Dahak
September 21st, 2004, 05:46 PM
This is interesting...we have this chemical that will kill the Goauld...All the SG teams need to do is have a little mace type thingy with them that they can use to easily kill the Gouald whan one comes around. Who cares if they get captured. Heck...get capured on purpose and once you are taken before "your god" give a little spritz. It seem like it would be too easy to elimate them now. Do they have any defenses against this chemical?

Probably not. The Gou'ald don't have very good technology. Or more accurately their technolong has a lot of gaps in it. I could see them not having masks or good decontamination gear.

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 03:46 PM
RUhunter, I realize that you started this post, but why do you keep on trashing all the allies of Earth and glorifying the rogue NID and Trust? Uh, uh, uh, you can't object. take a look at your posts, you'll see that I'm right. You would definitely be the first one to volunteer stealing from the Asgards themselves, and think that it was cool.

As for defenses against the poison, nah, I can't see the Goa'uld being smart enough to even try building special gas masks. The only technology they really seem to want is the kind that will destroy, or prove their "goddom"(?) :cool:

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM
RUhunter, I realize that you started this post, but why do you keep on trashing all the allies of Earth and glorifying the rogue NID and Trust? Uh, uh, uh, you can't object. take a look at your posts, you'll see that I'm right. You would definitely be the first one to volunteer stealing from the Asgards themselves, and think that it was cool.

As for defenses against the poison, nah, I can't see the Goa'uld being smart enough to even try building special gas masks. The only technology they really seem to want is the kind that will destroy, or prove their "goddom"(?) :cool:

Its funny you don't see other races screwing us over. Its right there in every show. ;) You call them Allies, I call them hurdles.

*RA
September 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
thats what makes us the good guys sticking are necks out for others.

Plus the asgard did give us hyperdrive engines and beam tech for the X303 didnt they. And they showed up when kinsey tried to give the sgc to the NID, and then there was the time they showed up to make a treaty with the guald, with out thors help there we would have been finished. They cant come running evertime we have a problem, makes for a boring show if every time the guald attack thor shows up and prevents it. These aliens who we want to help us have there worries too, Humans on earth arn't united yet. You had the Nid stealing there tech, that coulnt have made us look good at all. Plus it motivates earth to grow on its on. If they showed up everytime we needed them, we could get lazy about trying to defend are selves

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Thank you, *RA (never thought that I would be thanking the first system lord. lol). Our allies may not show up to fix every little problem we have, but when it's most important, they do come in to help us. :cool:

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Thank you, *RA (never thought that I would be thanking the first system lord. lol). Our allies may not show up to fix every little problem we have, but when it's most important, they do come in to help us. :cool:

They didn't show up to fix little problems like Apophis and Anubis attacking Earth, but thank you Asgard's for talking us through a treaty (and this is where it gets good) THAT LASTED 3 EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see in inconsistencies in your logic? Little problems are Kinsey taking over the SGC... Big problems are Goa'uld motherships parked outside Earth's atmosphere planning an invasion.

Not to mention, when Apophis attacked Earth, we were protected by the Asgard Protected Planets Treaty, and they never came to help.

*RA
September 28th, 2004, 05:29 PM
They didn't show up to fix little problems like Apophis and Anubis attacking Earth, but thank you Asgard's for talking us through a treaty (and this is where it gets good) THAT LASTED 3 EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see in inconsistencies in your logic? Little problems are Kinsey taking over the SGC... Big problems are Goa'uld motherships parked outside Earth's atmosphere planning an invasion.

Not to mention, when Apophis attacked Earth, we were protected by the Asgard Protected Planets Treaty, and they never came to help.

They(asgard) already told us they dont have the resources to protect all the planets. That they were bluffing the guald pretty much. And again I point to plot, if the asgard showed up everytime we had a big problem, wouldnt that take away from sg-1 being the heros, and the show would get kinda weak.

Every time they do anything they risk war with guald, and they said them selves they could not win that war at this time.

I like to think that there watching us, letting us try and handle the probs first before the have to step in, and since sg-1 seems to get the job done and earth is still here, I think that fine. There letting us grow so we can become the 5th race and all, that an't going to happen if we dont do it are selves.

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks again, Ra! You know, if the one in the feature had your personality, maybe they wouldn't have hd to kill him so quick. :cool:

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 05:34 PM
They(asgard) already told us they dont have the resources to protect all the planets. That they were bluffing the guald pretty much. And again I point to plot, if the asgard showed up everytime we had a big problem, wouldnt that take away from sg-1 being the heros, and the show would get kinda weak.

I like to think that there watching us, letting us try and handle the probs first before the have to step in, and since sg-1 seems to get the job done and earth is still here, I think that fine. There letting us grow so we can become the 5th race and all, that an't going to happen if we dont do it are selves.

LOL, Maybe if we had failed and Apophis had taken over Earth, the Asgard would have rescued us. Priceless. :o

But the Asgard have time to skirt across the galaxy to get Jack and bring him to another galaxy, to save the Asgard from the Replicators.

I see excuses! :D

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Somebody besides me and *RA want to deal with this guy and his ally-bashing? He's giving us a headache. :cool:

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Somebody besides me and *RA want to deal with this guy and his ally-bashing? He's giving us a headache. :cool:

Ya'll share a brain? :D

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 05:37 PM
No, but dealing with you all day would give anyone a headache. :cool:

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
No, but dealing with you all day would give anyone a headache. Please don't comment. :cool:

Someone needs a hug??? Go find your precious Asgard! :)

*RA
September 28th, 2004, 05:41 PM
LOL, Maybe if we had failed and Apophis had taken over Earth, the Asgard would have rescued us. Priceless. :o

But the Asgard have time to skirt across the galaxy to get Jack and bring him to another galaxy, to save the Asgard from the Replicators.

I see excuses! :D
RUhunter kre!!!!!!!!!!!
why would they need to step in against Apophis if we beat him on are own. Or Anubis when we also used ancient tech to beat him too. They might have even been there both times cloaked or somthin watching. Remeber the treaty when they said they were leaving but didnt end up leaving tell the end when we did save are selves. The asgard have faith in are abilities.

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 05:46 PM
RUhunter kre!!!!!!!!!!!
why would they need to step in against Apophis if we beat him on are own. Or Anubis when we also used ancient tech to beat him too. They might have even been there both times cloaked or somthin watching. Remeber the treaty when they said they were leaving but didnt end up leaving tell the end when we did solve are on problems.

Both times we got lucky, and i mean VERY lucky. And I can 99.9% that they would not have helped us when Apophis attacked. This is due to the fact that thru the Quantum Mirror, other Earth's were attacked by Apophis, and the Asgard did not help out. Parallel SC had to use the gate boost device used by JO to contact the Asgard in her reality just to get help in saving Earthin that reality.

aschen
September 28th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Ya, ya, ya...so does that mean the Smurfs are advanced too? hehe. Okay, so maybe they are advanced, but like...I dunno, they just don't impress me. The Asgard are cool little buggers who can do some major damage when they need to, but the Nox? Heh. I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry, Aschen, but they don't impress me dude.

No, but the Smurfs are cute.

What kinda german are you, anyway?

*RA
September 28th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Both times we got lucky, and i mean VERY lucky. And I can 99.9% that they would not have helped us when Apophis attacked. This is due to the fact that thru the Quantum Mirror, other Earth's were attacked by Apophis, and the Asgard did not help out. Parallel SC had to use the gate boost device used by JO to contact the Asgard in her reality just to get help in saving Earthin that reality.

Your right, but the parallel earth wasnt part of any treaty, and the asgard had no reason to step in untell contacted. We were part of that treaty. And Lucky or not we did beat him.

Would you honeslty be happy if sg-1 just set around all day letting the asgard fix everything for them. We've helped them yes, but we havent won there war. Jack only helped them then with knowlege that wasnt are own. And they have in turned helped us. If were going to keep going out and pissing of guald's even after the treaty. There not going to come running every time. But im sure there watching just in case.

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Actually, I think it would make him happy, watching Jack Daniel Teal'c and Sam sit around getting fat while the Asgard fought the Goa'uld and the Replicators at the same time, solving all our problems for us. I think that's his definition of alliance. Us sitting on our duffs doing nothing while everyone else goes out and does everything.

But I think we'd better stop this bantering, all three of us, and let other people put in their posts. :cool:

Madeleine
September 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I'm sure the Earth wasn't part of the protected planets treaty when Apophis attacked.

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Actually, I think it would make him happy, watching Jack Daniel Teal'c and Sam sit around getting fat...doing nothing while everyone else goes out and does everything.

I liked Cheers, it was a well made show that was funny!

*RA
September 28th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I'm sure the Earth wasn't part of the protected planets treaty when Apophis attacked.

Good Point, I'll have to check on that

RUhunter
September 28th, 2004, 06:34 PM

Sure it wasn't, because if it had been they would have come to the rescue, right? ;)

Daniel's_twin
October 1st, 2004, 07:15 AM
Most likely, yes they would have. :cool:

Mr Prophet
October 1st, 2004, 07:30 AM

It wasn't. Apophis attacked at the end of Season 1; the treaty was negotiated at the beginning of Season 3. We didn't even meet the Asgard until mid-Season 2.

The PPT held the System Lords off from attacking Earth outright until mid-Season 5 - a highly productive two and a half seasons in which Earth was able to grow until it was able to more effectively resist the Goa'uld.

.Ra.
October 1st, 2004, 09:29 AM
You must be kidding, RUhunter! You think the guys from the Trust are right? They are fascists, that's what they are! The point is it's the earthlings who are responsible for the worst massacres in the recent period. Exterminating whole planets, that's where the earthlings made the biggest progress! I find the latest course of the series very promising. It turns out we can be a bigger threat for the Galaxy than the Goa'uld themselves! I just hope the better in mankind prevails...

Daniel's_twin
October 1st, 2004, 12:17 PM
Nope. He is quite serious. He does think the Trust is right. :cool: