Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Comic 30 - String Theory ( Spoilers !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Comic 30 - String Theory ( Spoilers !)

Again, MAJOR spoilers for, well, pretty much the end of the season....

Has anyone read the comic? I'm very excited and a little sad about the revelation that Sylar was the bomb. On one hand, I was pretty much set with the fact that Peter was the bomb. I think a part of me also thought that Ted coulda been it as well, seeing as it's his ability to begin with, but I never really counted on it. I never expected it to be Sylar. Though, thinking back now, I don't see why not, he's the only other one of three that it could of been. I feel a bit stupid for not considering him. I think it's a fantastic twist.

The only problem I have is that it kinda finalizes things for me. This whole time I'm thinking, 'can they stop Peter from blowing up,' and now they've switched it to, 'can we stop Sylar from blowing up.' I guess I feel that stopping Peter was something they could do, but stopping Sylar isn't going to be that easy.

I also have a question. In the comic, Hiro says that when he tried to stop Sylar he just regenerated. But in the clips for next week's show, and in a clip from the episode, here, Future Hiro says that they saved her, she's alive. And I'm guessing that's where brunette Claire comes from. So, if Claire's alive, then how did Sylar get her ability to heal herself? Am I missing something?

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
    "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
    The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
    Only I will remain."

Ugh, please look down the page before you starting another thread. Yes, we were discussing the episodes (heck, there are 2 threads just abotu this episode), but that also covers the comic as well.

BUt to answer your question, it sounds like you missed the point of the comic. In the original timeline, Sylar kills Claire, Ted and gets in an epic battle with Hiro. Hiro tries to kill Sylar, but due to the fact that Sylar had Claire's ability, he healed all his damage. Instead, Sylar self-detonated and destroyed the City either because he was uncontrolled, or because he wanted to nuke Hiro for trying to kill him. Hiro prolly froze time and escaped.

Hiro, in the comic, then travels back in time to warn Peter to save the cheerleader, save the world. When Hiro returns to the future, he notes that nothing changed... until he noticed that the loft he stayed at no longer had the lights on (which, to him, was a difference). Then he sees Hiro.

What this means is that Sylar no longer got Claire's ability, but as a result, Peter is the one who will be the bomb. That's the price for altering the time line.

Comment

I see what you're saying, even though Hiro did change the future, it wasn't enough to stop the bomb, instead of Sylar blowing up it will be Pete. I guess I just assumed that when Hiro went back and told Peter to save Claire, he created an alternate timeline, and he continued onto his own, one in which Sylar was still the bomb.

And I don't consider the comics part of an episode so I didn't think to look in episode threads.

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
      "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
      The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
      "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
      Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale View Post
        I see what you're saying, even though Hiro did change the future, it wasn't enough to stop the bomb, instead of Sylar blowing up it will be Pete. I guess I just assumed that when Hiro went back and told Peter to save Claire, he created an alternate timeline, and he continued onto his own, one in which Sylar was still the bomb.

And I don't consider the comics part of an episode so I didn't think to look in episode threads.
        Actually, it appears from the previews that Future Hiro returned to an altered future.

Comment

Did the comic actually show Sylar blowing up ? Because in episode 20, the public believes falsely that Sylar was the bomb, when in fact it was Peter and Nathan covered it up.

It's quite ironic ; Linderman used Isaac's future knowledge to learn of the bomb and use it to his own purposes (unless the plan was in motion for a lot longer than we realise), which result in Nathan also deciding to take advantage, both with the intent of seizing power and doing good.

However, this only created the opportunity for Sylar (whom most believe to be dead, thanks to Nathan's need to protect Peter) to seize that power for himself to enjoy.

Meanwhile future Hiro believes Sylar is responsible and now Our Hiro is on the wrong path to stopping the bomb.

Comment

Again, read the thread.

Hiro attacked Sylar, noticed that Sylar was regenerating, and then Sylar exploded. Hiro went back in time, told Peter to save Claire, came back to a still-devastated New York, but this time he even noted that things had changed. "Why are the lights off in the loft?"

So since he changed the future, Peter became the bomb, not Sylar.

In the original timeline, Sylar was the bomb. Hiro saw this when he fought Sylar. You can't get any more clear on the "how do you know for sure' than that. He was THERE.

Comment

I did read the thread, but i hadn't read the comic. All the thread said was that Sylar was the bomb, which was an early twist in Episode 20 before another twist revealed that Peter indeed was the bomb. As far as i could tell, the comic covered up to the start of Episode 20 and the post seemed to be from before the episode aired, so i was just after a little clarification.

Thanks for clearing it up. So this Hiro/Sylar fight is right after Sylar kills Ted ? In that case, the bomb could result from Sylar not having fully adjusted to his new power.

This does make a lot more sense now we know that Angela Petrelli was in on the bomb NYC plan. It seems strange that she was willing to sacrifice her son, but if the Peter development is new and unintended (and with the knowledge he may be able to survive ; the audience knows he can but to the characters its just speculation), then i can see how she'd be willing to go through with it.

Comment

As we've seen in teh alternate future, Peter can recover from the explosion.

Comment

Working...
                X