Clear All

The Higher Plane (320)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "The Higher Plane"

"The Higher Plane"
    Ep: 3.20
    Release Date: April 26, 2007
    Written by Alex Rubit

One member of Horizon-1 goes through desperate measures to find the Book of Nosah'trah as Dureg faces the consequences of Hogat's murder.
    Outstanding
    45.45%
    Good
    36.36%
    Fair
    18.18%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Some surprises and major revelations, as the finale arc continues with its third installment.

http://www.stargatehorizon.com/pdf/3...gher_plane.pdf

Enjoy. And may the discussions and speculations about what is to come begin.
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 09 May 2007, 05:49 AM.

Comment

ooh I think I might be the first one to comment on this episode, for once

I guest we all know who the hero gonna turn out be now,Lecia, a surprise but it so obvious that who she gonna be flexing her power out on next, Der'ash watch your back.

Through I am surprise the Cai nan are advance enough to ascend on their own, wonder if they were engineer for that purpose, it seem strange that they are that advance, even hundreds of years ago.

Draque being involve in the power struggle at the top end of the enoly food chain was a surprise , I wonder if any of our other Draque friends will become involve in the future.

I think Lorel and the team will have to work together eventually, as they both want the same thing the sentinel technology.
      Asgard need it to solve their cloning problems and the Vorians will need it to stop the biological weapon,, Lorel well need it for well what all evil people need these things for, conquering the universe of course. Which would point to the Asgard knowing more about the situation than they told us through.

I like the whole ascending scene, very sg1 like.
      Sivea, will I do not think she dieing through I suspect she gonna be out of the frame for the rest of the season, and come back with some cool powers, of course the rest the galaxy will be falling around her .

Through the whole episode still seem to be a bit slow for my liking, and not enough action, we need action pack episode.

8/10

no one better of posted before me on this episode.
      Last edited by knowles2; 26 April 2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Wow. Great episode. Good thing you don't have a season budget because this ep would have used a lot of it in form of special effects (The ascension, Enola, Enoly blasts, etc.)

Although things are still on set-up mode, a lot of things happened. The Enoly power struggle builds up, as well as the Kih'andari preparations. I only hope that next ep isn't yet another set-up ep.

Another thing I wondered since the early eps on this season was Sivea's powers. Now we have some answers in that area (If she survives )
        I wonder if Sivea dies "in a way", to settle the argument of who is going to die.

So far ***3/4, I will re-read the ep in order to get what I probably missed and properly comment and rate.

Comment

Thanks to those of you who've posted their thoughts on the episode. I think I speak for all of us when I say we're still hoping for some more reactions. But since there's nothing more just yet, I'll just reply to what's here.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          ooh I think I might be the first one to comment on this episode, for once

I guest we all know who the hero gonna turn out be now,Lecia, a surprise but it so obvious that who she gonna be flexing her power out on next, Der'ash watch your back.
          It took quite some doing to get the ending of this episode to work actually; I'm glad it did work the way it was intended.

Through I am surprise the Cai nan are advance enough to ascend on their own, wonder if they were engineer for that purpose, it seem strange that they are that advance, even hundreds of years ago.
          The Cai'nan were a sudden leap in Vorian evolution that happened around a thousand years ago (established way back in "Power Play"). Exploring their origins some more would definitely be pretty interesting. And even though we have nothing planned for that at the moment, it's still very early with regards to Season Four. If the right story comes along, this would definitely be something worth dealing with a little more.

Draque being involve in the power struggle at the top end of the enoly food chain was a surprise , I wonder if any of our other Draque friends will become involve in the future.
          This was actually a very, very, very, very last minute addition (maybe a week before the episode was released). Suffice to say the mention of that was needed in this episode to set up something in a later episode.

Sivea, will I do not think she dieing through I suspect she gonna be out of the frame for the rest of the season, and come back with some cool powers, of course the rest the galaxy will be falling around her .
          We'll have to wait and see what happens with regards to this.

Through the whole episode still seem to be a bit slow for my liking, and not enough action, we need action pack episode.
          This episode and the previous one were very difficult to work out with regard to structure and pacing. The reason for that is that they were originally conceived as one episode. As some might remember, initially this was supposed to be a six episode arc. And the concept of going back to the Cai'nan planet and Sivea kind of entering Valen's mind was part of the story for one episode. But we soon realized that we could never work all of that into one episode, which is why we split it up into two.

My honest opinion is... I think the episodes work, and I couldn't be more happy with what we've done with them. They're definitely a little slower than some of those that are to come. And actually a couple of scenes of the team and the Cai'nan survivors running from the Enoly blasts were added rather late in the process (in one of the last few revisions of the script). The reason was to give the episode some more action beats, but also to set up Lecia's character a little more as being the innocent and frightened young woman -- which, as we then learn, is nothing but an act on her part.

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
            Wow. Great episode.
            Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Good thing you don't have a season budget because this ep would have used a lot of it in form of special effects (The ascension, Enola, Enoly blasts, etc.)
            It's either that... or we'd just be a rather expensive show.

Although things are still on set-up mode, a lot of things happened. The Enoly power struggle builds up, as well as the Kih'andari preparations. I only hope that next ep isn't yet another set-up ep.
            Without giving anything away, I think the next episode will feature one or two surprises with regards to where things are going.

Another thing I wondered since the early eps on this season was Sivea's powers. Now we have some answers in that area (If she survives )
            I wonder if Sivea dies "in a way", to settle the argument of who is going to die.
            Her powers and abilities is something we've been wanting to bring back into play for some time now. But now it really all depends on whether or not she survives. Can't really say anything about that, other than... it didn't really look so good, judging from Grant's reaction at the end of this episode.

So far ***3/4, I will re-read the ep in order to get what I probably missed and properly comment and rate.
            Thanks for commenting. It's always greatly appreceated. And feel free to share some more thoughts once you've re-read the episode.

One thing to look out for when re-reading it is that there's a couple of intentional and subtle foreshadowing the ending throughout the entire episode. I won't give away what it is, because it would take away the fun of looking out for that on your own.

Comment

Ok, having re-read the episode I stand by my original rating: ***3/4.

I wonder....

* How Lecia came into contact with the Kih'andari. I mean how the Kih'andari beat Horizon getting to the Cai'nan world since Horizon went almost instantly and the Kih'andari should have at least waited a bit till the mole/spy (who is the mole anyway??) inform them the location/gate address.

* Why Lecia betrayed her kind.

* Why are the Kih'andari in league with the 'rogue' Cai'nan (As I suspect Lecia is not the only one Cai'nan working with the Kih'andari)

* Are the 'rogue' Cai'nan trying to get the Sentinels back?, and if so why are the Kih'andari helping them considering that they know the threat to the galaxy the Sentinels pose?

* What will happen with the Cai'nan/Kih'andari/Dureg/Enoly "partnership"

* Did some of the Cai'nan really escaped? Or that was only Lecia deceiving Horizon-1?

Hmmm... Should we expect a few cross/double cross exchanges in the following episodes between Lecia (and possible more Cai'nan) and the Kih'andari? (double crossings between the Kih'andari, the Enoly and Dureg are too likely to happen)

Will Dureg succeed rebeling against Loral? Will David survive the mission (from the trailer? Will Sivea survive? Will Zach reveal his Chicken Sandwich recipe?

So many questions.... any chance of getting the last four eps in a season finale four hour special? (of course not ! But I ask anyway)

The waiting is killing me... why it is not Thursday already?

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                So many questions....
                And all these questions we had to constantly consider when writing it. We did say this was quite a complex arc to be working on, as in the end it all needs to make sense -- which it will, of course.

any chance of getting the last four eps in a season finale four hour special? (of course not ! But I ask anyway)
                Unfortunately not. Even though especially the final three to me kind of feel like one very long episode.

The waiting is killing me... why it is not Thursday already?
                Just two more days to go.

Comment

Well, that was unexpected. Lecia really took me by surprise. I hope Sivea is okay, she's starting to get really interesting. I found the last few acts to be very suspenceful. I really felt the urgency. So kudos.

First few acts were slowish, enough to make me forget I was halfway through the episode :O But at least, now the pace is picking up!
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I personally loved the episode. And this is turning into one of my favorite story arcs of Horizon history. I have read everything now except for the last two episodes of the season. But I loved this episode. It was very SG-1 like. And just a tad dramatic. With everything happening up to the very end and not really knowing if she got the information on the book, or where it will lead, then Sivea getting attacked. Surprising episode. A pity about the Cai'nan, and I never thoght I would say that. Considering the events in "Equilibrium."
                    One of my favorite things abnout this whole ark actually, without giving too much away is the maueverings of each side, come to think of it that has always been part of finding this particular book. How each side is trying to get it, and all the factions involved, some within the other.
                    One crtisicm, not of this particular episode, just in general. You tend to repeat information. Like in the "action" you mention one thing, and then you mention it again. The most recent and clearest example of this to me is when
                    Spoiler:
                    At a certain point in one of the episodes, not sure if it was this one, you say "note, throughout the entire episode Lorel's voice is flanged." Then immedietly in the next dialoge taht she speaks flanged appears in parenthesis.
                    Just abit annoyuing and in the grand scheme of things rather un important.

Comment

Oh, the alliances are making my head hurt. I just need to read on to find out how it all fits together. This is that B5 feeling all over again - which is good, remember! Speaking of, the religious icon of one of the main Babylon 5 races is called Valen.

Although we continue with the setup, the pace is moving forward and we're starting to get closer to the end. Shame to see the Cai'nan go but I guess you had no other plans for them in the future.

Good episode.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X