Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever get a new class of ship? (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we ever get a new class of ship? (Spoilers)

Will the pegasus galixy ever get a new class of ship? we have the Daedalus and the Apollo, which are the same class.

Spoiler:
    I hurd somewere that towards the mid season break we get a brand new class of ship, that comes to the Apollo aid. The ship is aquip with an energy type wepon like we sore the asgard use, along with asgard shield and beaming tech
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Spoiler:
    well carter is supposed to have her own ship ...if i understood the news correclty.

Comment

Why can't we just keep what we have and not keep blowing them up??

Comment

Intresting, we have spoken about this yesterday too in the Hungarian fandom.

We have X-302 gliders: max. 2 person
        We have X-303 battleships: max. more hundred people

What is between the X-302 and X-303? The jumpers, which can bring 10-15 people and the al'kesh, which is much bigger. But my suggestion that the Earth should build more jumper type, more cheaper ship, which can go through the stargate, but can carry a group. I think the white stars was so cool in Babylon 5. They could create attack formations and change direction so easily. Sometimes I miss this ships from the SG universe, so if one ship is going to explode in the battle, than the fans could accept easier (instead of Prometheus etc.)
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I would make sense for a new class of ship to be in the pipeline imo after the events of

Spoiler:
          Unending

But I don't think the writers really want us to have a powerful ship on hand all the time, JM almost sounds like he wants to get rid of them at times...

Comment

If there is a new class of ship then we don't need to let John sheppard or Rodney McKay anywhere near it if we want it to stay both funtioning or in pieces larger than a basketball. The destroy everything they touch.

Comment

I would tend to agree with you but the Deddy and Apollo are still intact and operational. They just tend to destroy any alien technology or ship that they run across. IE the Wraith hive ship they got and the Orion.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                If there is a new class of ship then we don't need to let John sheppard or Rodney McKay anywhere near it if we want it to stay both funtioning or in pieces larger than a basketball. The destroy everything they touch.
                Indeed

Comment

Not everything... they have yet to destroy atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                    Lee Adama Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Not everything... they have yet to destroy atlantis
                      They can't destroy Atlantis since that's where the show is based around!

Not to mention they've done the next best things, lost the city to an enemy, while also blown the crap out of the control tower. As well as draining down 2 ZPM's in the space of 2 seasons.

Anytime they get near a new ship, they should have their destructive asses confined to the bridge for crimes against 'cool advanced technology'.

But I don't think the writers really want us to have a powerful ship on hand all the time, JM almost sounds like he wants to get rid of them at times...
                      Tbh that's simply bad writing if that were the case. In 'Disclosure' they said about Asgard weapons, in 'Memento', the order was even given to charge the primary weapon up.

They gave them uber powerful shields, & fast as crap hyperdrives. Yet conveniently left out weapons because it is supposed to give them a big advantage over everything. They have a gas that allows them to take over a Wraith ship while also cloaks that would allow them to sneak aboard a Ha'tak & take that over. So they logically have the ability to get their hands on energy weapons should they so wish. Which considering their weapons are crap currently, then that would be top of their list.

So they really don't need a new class of ship, they only need to add in energy weapons. Basically what the Odyssey has would be enough to make them formidable ships.

We know the Wraith defeated the Lanteans, they could build Drones, ZPM's, energy beams & all the rest of the uber tech, yet they were smacked down. So I honestly fail to see how humans getting a few little upgrades that they didn't even build themselves would suddenly make them the top dogs in the galaxy. Surely if the Wraith could beat Lanteans, then they'd have no problem defeating the much less advanced humans.

While McKay said no amount of weapons they had could have collapsed the Asuran sat weapon because of the power that they were able to put into it. So again, Asurans will still be massive favourites in any engagements that they have.

If they give them powerful weapons, then it makes their writing jobs harder because then they'd finally have to start writing the Wraith as the smart, devious species that beat the Ancients, instead of the jokey space vampires that they're being portrayed for the past couple of seasons.

So I'm all for the upgrades...Bring them on. This will make them be forced into making the Wraith smarter & more dangerous. While showing just how powerful & technologically advanced the Asurans are.

Comment

i agree with what some of you are saying, in reagard to whenever we get a new ship ie Orion, and that wrath hive ship we do tend to blow them up!
                        We could of kept the Orion and restord it and we would of had a powerfull ship.

Spoiler:
                        i did hear that i new ship would be arriveing in pegasus aquip with new tech that the Asgard left for SG-1, wether it will be Sam's ship or a new class all together

i dont no!
                        This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                        Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                        we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

I do hope not.

I quite like Stargate as it is, or rather, as it was.

Before we knew everything, could beat everyone and could save the day with a convenient transport beam at the last second etc.

Stargate works because the gate itself is a brilliant plot device, ships have been done to death by Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG etc.

Comment

While some of the other series have done ships to death. I believe that the ships that have appeared in Stargate to date have been innovative and I believe for the most part have been in a pretty good balance with the use of the gate and other technology. The only thing that they have to do with this new technology is make sure that they don't use their ships too much and make it a little too much like Star Trek.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

To an extent I agree with you (and thanks for managing to disagree without having to RED me...yes you know who you are).

But in the SG universe at the minute, we have Oddyessy, Daedelus and the Apollo, not counting Atlantis itself. I think that should be plenty to keep us occupied for now.

My problem isn't with ships per se, it's that we can now jump galaxies in days, shoot fancy ray guns and instantly teleport in and out of danger. Perhaps I'm wrong but SG1 was so alluring because it was POSSIBLE! The mythology fitted in and this even went so far as to match up with Atlantis, but now we've come so far (IMHO too far) in a very short space of time.

That said, I love the show and will continue to watch for the forseeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X