Does/Will Dr. Keller have the ATA gene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does/Will Dr. Keller have the ATA gene?

do you think she will have the gene or will get it ??

I hope not. Only 50% of the vaccinated people will have ATA gene.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Probably not - simply because Beckett had the gene and they want to keep the characters different
      sigpic

Comment

Will she develop a Scottish Accent?
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          .. and a fondness for turtles?
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I hope not. Only 50% of the vaccinated people will have ATA gene.
            thought it was 48%?

Comment

If she did have the ATA gene, I'd prefer it to be naturally. It's been a while since we've seen anyone around who had the gene naturally and not induced.

I wouldn't mind if she were to have it, and I would think it cool if she was taking care of Carson's turtles.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think she will have it.

It's not really a matter of having her like or dislike Carson, but needing someone to sit in the chair when Sheppard can't. McKay and Zelenka end up working on the technical side, Sheppard can be too busy, so having a recurring character with the gene (although artifically given so it would add a bit of difference from Carson) would at least cut down on having random background characters used for important scenes.

But I would prefer her to be non natural with her ATA gene. 10,000 years have passed since the Ancients interbred with humans, so it's supposed to be rare and already we've had Sheppard and Beckett in SGA with the gene, plus there is Jack in SG1. So cutting down on the amount of naturals would make it seem more of a rarity.

sigpic

Comment

hopfully we can all go back in time a couple of months and just not kill carson off, grave grave mistake it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                    ...and want to go fishing on off-days?

Comment

Realistically, there really would be no need for her to have it!

Beckett could because it was to do with him having discovered the thing in the 1st place. However other than that there really isn't any need for a Doctor to have it. We've never seen any of the medical equipment require the ATA gene. So that only leaves stuff like the control chair, ships, shields etc.

You don't want her flying a PJ unless totally necessary, especially if they were to come under attack. You'd want someone with pilot training in such a situation.

Shields, don't have any lying around. Which if they did, they'd be used off-world by Shep or someone in his team.

That only leaves the control chair, either to fly the city or operate Drones. If it's Drones, then you'd want someone more military minded who can maximise the weapons to their full capacity.

In S1, they were cut off, so had limited personnel. However since Daedalus arrived, they were no longer stuck. Not to mention the fact that Everett was foced to bring through his own people with the gene etc to fly the PJ's. So I'd say they will have a good number of their expedition members that will have it.

While she's only in 8 eps for S4. So obviously not gonna be central to a lot of storylines throughout the season. Therefore I'd guess that the gene thing won't even come up with her, because they'll have plenty of others who already have it & are much more experienced in using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                        Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        ...and want to go fishing on off-days?
                        *KABOOM*
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          *KABOOM*

Back to thread subject: I think she will maybe have gene but the only reason Carson was main character were his goofy attempts at controlling the ancient chair. It will be tough to fill that void maybe McKay can connect a joystick to the chair so no one need to sit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            *KABOOM*
                            No, Dr. Keller! Don't go near that tumor!!! *throws popcorn at the screen*

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              Realistically, there really would be no need for her to have it!

Beckett could because it was to do with him having discovered the thing in the 1st place. However other than that there really isn't any need for a Doctor to have it. We've never seen any of the medical equipment require the ATA gene. So that only leaves stuff like the control chair, ships, shields etc.

You don't want her flying a PJ unless totally necessary, especially if they were to come under attack. You'd want someone with pilot training in such a situation.

Shields, don't have any lying around. Which if they did, they'd be used off-world by Shep or someone in his team.

That only leaves the control chair, either to fly the city or operate Drones. If it's Drones, then you'd want someone more military minded who can maximise the weapons to their full capacity.

In S1, they were cut off, so had limited personnel. However since Daedalus arrived, they were no longer stuck. Not to mention the fact that Everett was foced to bring through his own people with the gene etc to fly the PJ's. So I'd say they will have a good number of their expedition members that will have it.

While she's only in 8 eps for S4. So obviously not gonna be central to a lot of storylines throughout the season. Therefore I'd guess that the gene thing won't even come up with her, because they'll have plenty of others who already have it & are much more experienced in using it.
                              Agreed there really is no logical reason for her to have it. I hope she doesnt.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X