Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you like to see backstory for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you like to see backstory for?

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are on the subject of backstory for the characters. I'm going to ask the mods to create a poll but I'd really like everyone's opinions.

We've gotten some history for some of our characters, do you want to see more? If so, for which characters, and why? Would you like a whole episode dedicated to a character's past or are you happy to learn odd tidbits about them? Or, alternatively, do you hate the idea of backstory and feel it gets in the way of the action?
    Weir
    18.68%
    Sheppard
    38.46%
    McKay
    6.59%
    Lorne
    3.85%
    Teyla
    14.29%
    Ronon
    2.75%
    Zelenka
    4.95%
    Keller
    0.00%
    Beckett
    5.49%
    Caldwell
    4.95%

I want to see detailed backstory for ALL OF THEM!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The Furlings. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        Indeed, every single member of the expedition...and in that case little tidbits like Zelenka's pigeon races can cut it.

And if it's someone from the team, than most definitely Teyla, and maybe a little about Sheppard too.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In this order.............Teyla, Shep, Zalenka and weir.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Sheppard, then Teyla, then Ronon.

Why? I feel I know less about Sheppard's history than anyone else, and he's the lead guy!!! I need to know a little more, that's all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              Definitely.

Of anyone, though, right now I'd say I want to see more of Teyla's backstory. It'd be interesting to get to see what kind of a leader to her people she really is. Maybe get more about her father since he's been mentioned several times.

I would've also appreciated some backstory with Carson. I always wondered what drove him into the position he was in. He was always so weary about things like gate travel, the chair, etc that sometimes I thought it odd that he got involved with the SGC at all. I think it would have been interesting to get to see some of his past.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

um, that depends.. I want to see backstories for all of them
                But I think backstories are only good if they have some bearing on the present, like in Sateda.
                but if they're just there for the sake of backstory, like in Phantoms, they won't be terribly interesting.

Comment

I agree that Teyla desperately needs some rounding out as a character.

Spoiler:
                  And according to JM we're going to get it this next season

She really has been neglected by the writers, obviously I'd like to find out more about Sheppard, when you sit back and try and figure out how much we know about the characters past it's a very short list for Sheppard, we really know barely anything more than we did at the end of Rising.

As for Ronon I think he has actually fared best when it comes to backstory, we really know quite a bit about him and why he's the man he is.

And I agree with those of you who said Zelenka, any screentime for Zelenka is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                    um, that depends.. I want to see backstories for all of them
                    But I think backstories are only good if they have some bearing on the present, like in Sateda.
                    but if they're just there for the sake of backstory, like in Phantoms, they won't be terribly interesting.
                    I agree with what you're saying, the backstory does have to be woven into the greater story. Having said that, Sateda was backstory for the sake of backstory IMO it was just wrapped up in lots of fight scenes and explosions, I'm one of the seemingly few people who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about with Sateda I found it rather mediocre whereas I loved Phantoms, it is one of my favorite season 3 eps.

Comment

I think knowing little about Shepperd is part of what makes him who he is.
                      On the surface he is suave and charming, but digg alittle deeper and you realise that he is a very private person, he puts on the persona of the cheerful, happy guy to keep people at arms length and rarely lets people get close.
                      He gets along with everyone but his only real friends are his team, the ones he lets get a bit closer, but not too much.

It would be OoC for him to suddenly open up and drop a bombshell, if we find out about his past it would have to be done carefully and subtly IMO
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not holding out for much backstory, though I would love to see some.

I mean...what do we know about SG1?

Jack
                        - Was in Black Ops
                        - Was married
                        - Lost his son
                        - Spent four months in an Iraqi prison in the first Gulf War

Daniel
                        - His parents were killed when he was a kid
                        - Didn't get on with his foster parents
                        - His Grandfather is Dutch, and is called Nick
                        - His Grandfather put him into the foster system
                        - Worked at Chicago University
                        - Was involved with Sarah...forgot-her-second-name

Sam
                        - Lost her mother when she was 13
                        - Has a brother, a niece and a nephew
                        - Was estranged from her father, and then her brother
                        - Was engaged prior to joining the SGC

Teal'c
                        - His father was murdered
                        - He was married
                        - He has a son

That was ALL we got in TEN years
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i would like to see backstory for sheppard then zelenka and dr beckett (when hes back). and more for Teyla, ronon, weir and rodney. basically for ALL of them! i cant wait for season 4. As others have said it needs to be woven into a good story and not an episode just for character development like in SG-1. in cold lazarus we not only got to fins out about O'neills past but also about a crystalloid life form!

ROLL ON SEASON 4!!!!
                          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                          sigpic
                          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                            As for Ronon I think he has actually fared best when it comes to backstory, we really know quite a bit about him and why he's the man he is.
                            ITA. And I think a lot of that has to do with the way he was introduced into the show. His introduction was all about his history, where he came from and what happened to him. It wasn't the same for the other characters. Their introduction was about what was happening to them not what had happened with/to them. Though, I'd still be interested in learning more about him and his past.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Sheppard Sheppard Sheppard
                              Teyla Teyla Teyla

Ronon did get good backstory in Sateda, but I'd like to see more about what makes Teyla tick. She's the leader of her people. I'd like to see her in charge of the team just once (and please, not because all, the guys have been abducted by alien Amazon women -that plot is toooooo old)

And Sheppard. I just want to know more about the father that's been in the SciFi bio since the show began. Or let's run into someone he used to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X