Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love the people who say that they won't like "this" and "that" about the SG1 Movies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the people who say that they won't like "this" and "that" about the SG1 Movies

I love the people who say that they won't like "this" and "that" about the SG1 Movies, but they'll buy them anyway.
    Everyone does realize that as long as you buy the DVDs, TPTB will be happy, right?

You could buy it just to burn it for catharsis, and they'll be happy.
    Heck, if you buy the first million copies, just because you hate it, and so us fans can't get a copy on the release date, and then burn them in a bonfire on YouTube,
    TPTB would probably send out RDA to give you a hug.

So what could be in the movie that would prevent you from buying it?

I think a stationary single-camera shot of SG-1 fishing at Jack's Cabin for the first hour might do it for a lot of people.
    With no plot development, and little to no witty banter of course.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 May 2009, 09:12 PM. Reason: no wording changes made to the post...just narrowed some posts in the thread.:)
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

So what could be in the movie that would prevent you from buying it?

I think a stationary single-camera shot of SG-1 fishing at Jack's Cabin for the first hour might do it for a lot of people.
    With no plot development, and little to no witty banter of course.
    That's actually all I want. Maybe throw in a single fish to tick off the Moebius-haters. Bwah hah.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 May 2009, 01:57 PM.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Hmmm. I hope this won't be an anti-SG DVD films thread.
      We should collect why we would like to buy it. I think it is not a good idea to make negative list,
      because we know so less. So, if you hated S9 or S10, please support the DVD movies! Longer, bigger, better SG-1 stories! What do you want more?
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 04 May 2009, 06:08 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The only reason i wouldnt buy the DVD is if it was put in to the cinema first and i saw it or if it was given to me as a present
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Hmmm. I hope this won't be an anti-SG DVD films thread. We should collect why we would like to buy it.
          I think it is not a good idea to make negative list, because we know so less. So, if you hated S9 or S10, please support the DVD movies!
          Longer, bigger, better SG-1 stories! What do you want more?
          No, this is an anti-anti-SG DVD Thread . But mainly it's just joking scenarios that would really alienate the fanbase
          (i.e.- I'm pretty sure if Joe Mallozzi pitched an "SG1 goes fishing, and NOTIHNG happens, think Seinfeld without the witty banter"
          scenario, his friends and family would probably have him committed before the story would see the light of day).
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 04 May 2009, 06:05 PM.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Lol, this is a good thread.

I wouldn't buy this if it has Carter in it. Or if it has Jack, Daniel, Thor, Teal'c,
            Jonas, Janet, Heimdall, O'Neill, Hammond, Landry, Vala, Mitchell, Jack, Freyr,
            Sheppard, Jack, any Stargates, people, aliens, clothing, nudity, or Jack.
            Oh, don't forget the Stargates, science fiction, or alien worlds.

These are tired topics, people. Bring in some fresh meat!!
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 04 May 2009, 06:09 PM.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              The only reason i wouldnt buy the DVD is if it was put in to the cinema first and i saw it or if it was given to me as a present
              I'm with you, I'd buy it basically no matter what.
              It would have to be something absurd like "25% of the profits go to Al Quaeda" type deal that would keep me from buying it.

Personally, if God-Forbid the franchise tanked in '08, I wouldn't mind a last ditch effort to make a few bucks.
              Like having Brad Wright follow around RDA, Michael, Amanda, Chris, Claudia, and Ben with a camera around Vancouver having them ad lib a movie.
              It would probably be hilarious, and I'd buy it. I think Amanda has an improv background, but I can only imagine Ben improving Mitchell's lines.
              And Chris having his Serpent Tattoo drawn in with a Sharpie (poorly), due to the lack of a make-up department.

[In some random Vancouver Bar, NOT closed down for shooting]
              : So, um Ri...Jack, uh, did you catch the Laker's Game?
              : As a matter of fact I did, I watched it with my daughter.
              [whispers] : JACK, you don't have a daughter, you had a son, but he shot himself, remember?
              : RIGHT! I must have had one of those Golbs in my noggin, and it messed with my memories.
              : That's...... bad..... I guess....
              RANDOM FAN: Hey, MacGyver, you're Richard Dean Anderson, right? Can I get an autograph?
              : You've got me mixed up with someone else, but I do hear that that Richard Dean Anderson guy is a FANTASTIC actor. My name is... General?
              [whispers]: yeah, General.
              : GENERAL Jack O'Neill, 2 "L"s.
              RANDOM FAN: Fine, be like that [angry inaudible grumblings].
              : So have any of you been following the 'Earth Television Show,' "American Idol"?
              : I'm so glad Sanjayah finally got voted off. I suspect the Trust might of had something to do with his extended stay.
              : Who?
              : The Trust. You know, the evil shadow Goa'uld organization bent on Earth's conquest.
              : Not ringing a bell.
              : The consortium of business interests controlled by Baal.
              : Who? What? I'm completely lost. Can we start over?
              : Start over what CAMERON? It's not like we're filming a movie here. [nervous, awkward chuckles]
              : What? I thought we wer...
              [Teal'c kicks him under the table]
              : Hey what'd you do that for? [eyes watering] You guys are mean! I didn't study Drama in London for this! [storms into the bathroom]
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 May 2009, 02:01 PM.
              sigpic
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well regardless of what fans say the movie is coming out and I bet everyone will still buy it and it will sell like 200 million copies!Muahhaha...or like 200k is fine

Comment

If it was a 2-hour clip show, or another Joe Spencer story, I wouldn't buy it.
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

furlings ...then i wouldn't touch it ...maybe

Comment

I wouldn't buy it if it was over 900$

Comment

one word:
                        Netflix.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Netflix means less proft for MGM. For the good of the series, and to ensure it's survival, if you CAN buy the DVDs, you should.
                          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            I wouldn't buy it if it was over 900$
                            That's about the only thing that would stop me from buying these SG-1 movies.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X