This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 changes

I'm sick of this find a ship/zpm one episode, lose it the next thing they have going on. They just need to find 4 or 5 zpm's and put one in Atlantis and all of their ships. The Wraith still supposedly dominated the Ancients with their numbers so it's not like it's going to destroy them, but it will make for some good battles, atleast compared to this whole underdog thing where Atlantis has a 2% powered zpm, 21 drones and a Jumper with a busted tail light and amazingly, all that comes are 2 Wraith darts.

For a finale i'd like to see them start collecting a small fleet of Ancient/Wraith ships, build a few X-305's, (all powered by zpm's) and have a larger scale season finale battle. Say 10 or so hives along with some cruisers/darts against a small fleet of Ancient ships, captured Wraith ships, and Earth built ships over a recently discovered Ancient outpost of some sort.
    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Why would you want to see a X-305??? What wrong with the current line of DSC-304's?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
      Why would you want to see a X-305??? What wrong with the current line of DSC-304's?
      One thing is they're too small!

If they could bump up the size a few notches, then enemies may think twice before trying anything...Size really does matter!

In 'Inferno', it didn't have enough air & room to support all the people that needed evacuating. It had to be done in 4 trips, while Orion could do it in a single journey.

All that space would allow them to house more fighters, or even larger versions like an Earth version of an Al'kesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        One thing is they're too small!

If they could bump up the size a few notches, then enemies may think twice before trying anything...Size really does matter!

In 'Inferno', it didn't have enough air & room to support all the people that needed evacuating. It had to be done in 4 trips, while Orion could do it in a single journey.

All that space would allow them to house more fighters, or even larger versions like an Earth version of an Al'kesh.
        errrr. we probably can't afford to build anything bigger.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
          I'm sick of this find a ship/zpm one episode, lose it the next thing they have going on. They just need to find 4 or 5 zpm's and put one in Atlantis and all of their ships. The Wraith still supposedly dominated the Ancients with their numbers so it's not like it's going to destroy them, but it will make for some good battles, atleast compared to this whole underdog thing where Atlantis has a 2% powered zpm, 21 drones and a Jumper with a busted tail light and amazingly, all that comes are 2 Wraith darts.

For a finale i'd like to see them start collecting a small fleet of Ancient/Wraith ships, build a few X-305's, (all powered by zpm's) and have a larger scale season finale battle. Say 10 or so hives along with some cruisers/darts against a small fleet of Ancient ships, captured Wraith ships, and Earth built ships over a recently discovered Ancient outpost of some sort.
          That make it way too easy. We need to find something and then use it or have it break so each battle isn't a win. Grant it they'd still beat us in numbers but it would make it less exciting if we had a whole bunch of power.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Im sick of the whole oh we need power crap they gotta come up with somthing new.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              Im sick of the whole oh we need power crap they gotta come up with somthing new.
              Yea that's what i'm talking about. It's just getting old and repetitive.

VSHARMA- I'm just assuming they will change the name to X-305 when they incorporate all of the Asgard tech from Unending.

Comment

Yea that's what i'm talking about. It's just getting old and repetitive.

VSHARMA- I'm just assuming they will change the name to X-305 when they incorporate all of the Asgard tech from Unending.
                No they won't cos that's not how it works and what makes you think they'll be able to intergrat the new tech right away anyway?

Spoiler:
                Carter had 40 years to look at it and she still didn't have a full understanding of most of it.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  errrr. we probably can't afford to build anything bigger.
                  I doubt cost would be an issue for them. The cost cutting is being done at the SGC, which resulted in the IOA getting a bigger say on things. The 304's are run by the USAF.

From 'The Ties That Bind':The Stargate program has succeeded in acquiring alien technology. So now it's time to devote our resources to exploiting those technologies for planetary defense, namely by building more Daedalus class ships. Now we have no intention of shutting you down completely, you will continue to operate at 30% of your current budget, I think you will find that that is more
                  then enough money once you deemphasize your explorations.
                  While in 'Enemy Mine' they have their own Naquadah mine that is mined for nothing by the Unas.

Since then they've upgraded for a 303 to the 304. The Goa'uld have fallen, so chances are they have more mines that they could use or are using if/when needed.

Not to mention now they have Asgard material replicators. They have beaming tech that can beam huge sections into place without any manual lifting to be done etc.

From 'Disclosure':

CHEKOV:
                  The X303? Research and development of the hyperdrive alone has cost them over two billion. And it still doesn't function properly. They will spend a lot more money and risk the lives of their people perfecting the design. Then, we'll get the blueprints and build our own ship in a fraction of the time for half the cost.
                  Cost is only spent initially researching & developing new models. However if they already have the basic model in mind (current 304), then it's only a matter of enlarging the shell. Integrating the new Asgard technology alongside the current 304 tech.

Put it this way, Asgard aren't big, strong, tough. They don't go about spending money or whatever. SGC now has beaming tech, replicators, plus everythging else the Asgard know.

They have experience with the ships, they have the mining facilities, materials, hangars to make everything they need. Cost will not be an issue for them because it's not directly coming from the SGC's budget.

The only real cost of making a new ship would be for MGM, because they'd need to construct a new set, while make new 3D models. Which considering SG-1 is no longer around to spread out the cost, then it may not make commerical sense to do such a thing!

Comment

No they won't cos that's not how it works and what makes you think they'll be able to intergrat the new tech right away anyway?

Spoiler:
                    Carter had 40 years to look at it and she still didn't have a full understanding of most of it.
                    They'll be doing some stuff of that in the mid-season 2 parter!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      They'll be doing some stuff of that in the mid-season 2 parter!
                      Where did you read this?

On the subject of the topic:

I have to agree that getting power/ships and then losing them fairly quickly is getting old. Either give us something less powerful and let us keep it or don`t give it to us at all!

On new ships: Like has been said, it took Carter 40 years to figure out one problem. It will take ATLEAST 1 season before we start seeing some small gains from the Asgard tech. I don`t mind the Odyssey dropping round every now and then to help us out with big problems but i`ll be concerned if we start seeing energy beams on the Daedalus in the first half of the season!

By small gains, I mean the matter replication tech as this is just a modification of the beaming tech that already exists aboard the 304s. Enhanced shields and hyperdrives would also be feasible as these are also just enhancements to existing systems.

Note to TPTB: I expect for our MIA Aurora-class warship to turn up this season. Just please please don`t destroy it...

Comment

I agree that we need to get some powerfull tech and end up keeping some but we still need some disadvantage too.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Thor spent a year designing a program specifically so we could replicate it and install it on other ships. In that 40 years Carter wasn't trying to understand the technology, she was trying to solve a problem that i'm sure would have stumped even the Asgard.

Mitchell82- We are at a pretty big disadvantage seeing as we're outnumbered one million to one. The Ancients lost the war because they were so severly outnumbered, well I want to see some of these numbers.

Comment

Thor spent a year designing a program specifically so we could replicate it and install it on other ships. In that 40 years Carter wasn't trying to understand the technology, she was trying to solve a problem that i'm sure would have stumped even the Asgard.

Mitchell82- We are at a pretty big disadvantage seeing as we're outnumbered one million to one. The Ancients lost the war because they were so severly outnumbered, well I want to see some of these numbers.
                            True. We are at a disadvantage and I agree we need huge advantage to win this war, what I don't want to see is us finding a huge aray of technology and wipe out all of our problems. What I would like to see is us get acouple of auroa class ships, and a full aray of ZPMs so we can atleast take the fight to a slightly higher level. I know that we are going to have something dealing with the asgard so mabey we'll get a slight advantage for awhile.

Comment

I want to see some of these Updates that...
                              Spoiler:
                              Rodney created when he was almost ascended

they seem to have forgotten most
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                              X