Little things that bug you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little things that bug you...

Ever watched a show and realized a bunch of little things, that don't really matter, but bug you anyway?

I was just watching some Smallville episodes from Season Six, and several things kept coming to mind.

An annoying rattlesnake sound is played every time Lex tells an obvious lie. It's starting to get irritating. We know he's lying producers, we don't need to exaggerate the whole thing.

Chloe is starting to get slightly muscular arms. Looks really odd.

Clark's busting in without even knocking or announcing himself has become too common. He does it everywhere now.

The visual effect of Clark's running is looking cheesier with each episode.

The Daily Planet and the sky above it looks so appallingly unrealistic that it doesn't fit in with the rest of the show, which, for the most part, looks pretty real.

Nearly all of the season 6 eps are short. 38-40 mins. Would like to get the full 42-44.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
      Nearly all of the season 6 eps are short. 38-40 mins. Would like to get the full 42-44.
      budgets i guess
      sigpic

Comment

Lana
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          Lana
          That's a big thing.

Comment

The whole fact that Chloe had abilities before has been ignored. No one seems to remember the episode where she had the "truth breath."

I think the only reason the show has changed is because it got MUCH darker, now that Clark and Lex have officially split ways. If you remember back to pre-season 6, almost every episode started off with a light mood and a happy atmosphere... that has been almost non-existant this season.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
              That's a big thing.
              My bad.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                The whole fact that Chloe had abilities before has been ignored. No one seems to remember the episode where she had the "truth breath."
                That wasn't a natural meteor power, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                  That wasn't a natural meteor power, though.
                  I wouldn't exactly call any meteor power natural.

Comment

No kidding.... All krypto-powers are unnatural.

But they're acting like "WHAT? CHLOE HAVING POWERS?! THAT NEVER HAPPENED 3 SEASONS AGO!" which is very obnoxious. It would be nice to see more reference to past events and keep past storylines somewhat more active rather than a full season of Clark angst.

Comment

I wouldn't exactly call any meteor power natural.
                      By "natural," I mean no tampering or anything with the meteor rocks; powers caused by a random exposure to meteor rock.

The gas that gave Chloe her other ability was designed to give the user that ability.

Comment

Lana
                        That's a big thing.
                        My bad.
                        ROFLOL! Ok, maybe you all didn't mean that to be funny, but it really really was.

And yes, you're right, squeakytoad... *starts laughing again*
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X