This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG (N) Section

I was just wondering were you guys go the season 1 episode titles.

Also, where on DVD can you buy the miniseries? Region 2 has it (illegally), but not Region 1. Even Amazon.com isn't selling the DVD.

Just wondering about those two things.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
    Also, where on DVD can you buy the miniseries? Region 2 has it (illegally)
    Why did you tack on that 'illegally'? I've seen it here in Iceland in one of the major DVD retail stores. I know that they never carry any unauthorized versions of DVDs. It is also for sale on Play.com and they too have never offered anything except legit DVDs. So where the heck is that 'illegal' bit coming from?

Comment

How about since SciFi hasn't released it on DVD. They have released all the other miniseries, TAKEN, Children of DUNE, and Firestarter: Rekindled, but not BSG (N).

I've seen it for sale on the internet, for region 2 areas, australia and such, and if the US doesn't have it, its illegal. I'm only saying that, cause SciFi is US based, and they haven't released it here, why would they release it over there, and not worldwide?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I'm trying to decide if your joking (tounge in cheek) or if you are actually serious... Alright I'll assume the later.

First: There is no way in HELL that the R2 release is anything other then legit.
        Second: The reason why it's been released in R2 and not R1 is most likely due to rights issue in the USA. There is NOTHING stopping the owners of BSG (be it SciFi or some production company) from approving DVD releases in R2 long before they are released in R1. For example Stargate is released on DVD in R2 well before it is released in R1.

Comment

...if the US doesn't have it, its illegal.
          Oooh, the temptation to say something sarky!

No, seriously though, it's legit. In Iceland, the UK, anywhere R2. It's pretty common for US shows to go: US TV, UK TV, R2 DVD, Syndication, US DVD.

Madeleine

Comment

How does that circle even work?

Should go US TV-->US DVD (Region 1)-->yada yada yada

Comment

The "Circle" is whatever happens to work for that particular piece of work. There is no set framework. Because the 'repeat' market outside america is generally much smaller and less significant, it is usually possible to release TV shows on DVD as soon as they've been aired once. In the US that is rarely the case.

As for the BSG mini series TVShowsOnDvd.com has a news report today stating that it will be out on Dec. 28th. in R1 http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2233

Comment

Yea, DVDANSWERS.com just reported that it was going to be out 28th.

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&...=r%3D0%26s%3D1

The artwork and what not will probably be coming in this week aswell.

Comment

As far as I know, SCI FI doesn't own BSG. Universal owns it, and can release DVDs when and where they please.

Episode titles in GateWorld's episode guide are collected from a variety of sources. The fan site http://www.galactica2003.net/ is a great one for the new series. Their episode guide is hard to find, though:

http://www.galactica2003.net/archives/episodes.shtml

There is some confusion as to at least one title, as between the two sites we've somehow gotten 14 episode titles for a 13-episode series!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

and if the US doesn't have it, its illegal.

Dear oh dear Oh! Dear!

Arogant much ?

i`ve got a lovery OFFICAL r2 copy of the mini series and by your [cough] arguement does that mean that since us in the UK are getting the series 3 months earlier than u yanks (starts showing 18/10 incidently on sky1) does that mean its been shown illegally?

The world does NOT revolve around the yanks as much as you`d like to believe

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      As far as I know, SCI FI doesn't own BSG. Universal owns it, and can release DVDs when and where they please.

Episode titles in GateWorld's episode guide are collected from a variety of sources. The fan site http://www.galactica2003.net/ is a great one for the new series. Their episode guide is hard to find, though:

http://www.galactica2003.net/archives/episodes.shtml

There is some confusion as to at least one title, as between the two sites we've somehow gotten 14 episode titles for a 13-episode series!
                      1. Thanks Darren for the response appreciated.

2. Water and 33 are the same episode. I read the spoilers and rumors for water, aka 1.01, and its the same thing.

Comment

The Mini-Series DVD information is now avalible.

check it out here.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...4896&n=1&burl=

includes cover-art, special menus, and dvd menus.

Comment

New series of Battlestar Galaxtica starts in the UK only next monday 25th 8pm skyone

Comment

Just Watched 1st episode in the new series, not to bad at all - VERY bleak and VERY depressing tho

Comment

I don't know how to say this....ITS A FREAKING GALACTICA CIVIL WAR! The humans are being hunted into extintion. Of course its going to be despressing! It has to be, inorder to capture the mood and feelings of being hunted by a massive enemy that doesn't die, that doesn't quit, that doesn't feel emotion.

Comment

Working...
                              X