This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my itunes review

i guess this is the place to post this. i don't post here much, but i am very upset over the cancellation of sg1/ it's like cancelling the nfl season. there are scifi fans craving a (money making) series and it is denied to them. think aout it, sg1 is in direct competition with the simpsons. that's like racing jesus, muhummad, and buddah (sidharta) in a 500 meter run at the same time. you are honored just to be there. anyway here is my review. i hope you find it appropriate.

------------------why would you cancel sg1 a season after you introduce the ori??? the g'ould lasted 8 seasons and are still are not gone. there could be billions of bal's and replicators by now. this show had the potential for at least 10 more seasons with the ori and prolonged by at least a couple seasons with just those other 2 other rouge factions, not mention the lucian alliance, system lords, crazy ancients, the very very hot ori leader, the wraith (what if they showed up in the ori galaxy??? the ancients couldn't beat them{and i think they are a product of the replicators to bypass their non agrression programming against the ancients}) and on and on. whoever canceled this just flushed A LOT OF POTENTIAL DOWN THE DRAIN!!! if the people will watch it, then play it!!! this is one of the few shows i GLADLY pay $2 each for on itunes.

one of the best scifi shows ever!!! easily up there with star wars and star trek. whoever canceled this show, please, slap yourself. or the person next to you. whatever. someone needs *****slapped over cancelling this show just as an insanely powerful new enemy is introduced. a decade later and still so much potential. 11 out of 10. the only change that could be better would be to use the farscape rule.... the good guy almost never wins.

the only way to justify cancelling sg1 would be if we pushed them back to their own galaxy and established a foothold there.-------------------

Originally posted by sendeth View Post
    i am very upset over the cancellation of sg1/ it's like cancelling the nfl season.
    You can't compare a TV series to sports. Sports have been around for centuries if not millennia and the NFL has been around for several decades. It's completely different.

All shows end. Accept it.

there are scifi fans craving a (money making) series and it is denied to them.
    No, it's not. There will be two movies this fall, and they can watch Stargate: Atlantis.

think aout it, sg1 is in direct competition with the simpsons.
    I don't watch The Simpsons, so no comment.

that's like racing jesus, muhummad, and buddah (sidharta) in a 500 meter run at the same time. you are honored just to be there.
    Let's not compare a TV series to a religion, please.

why would you cancel sg1 a season after you introduce the ori???
    SciFi doesn't care about the Ori. They care about viewership. SG-1 viewership has declined since RDA left, it's become very expensive to produce, and SciFi only kept the show going past Season 8 so they could have a show that lasted 10 seasons, thus the show was cancelled. I honestly think SciFi had no intention of going to Season 11.

the g'ould lasted 8 seasons and are still are not gone. there could be billions of bal's and replicators by now.
    The Goa'uld lasted 8 seasons soley because the show kept getting renewed. In television, a show is renewed on a year-by-year basis. The Replicators were defeated in Season 8. The Ba'al plot will be resolved in the second SG-1 movie Stargate: Continuum.

this show had the potential for at least 10 more seasons with the ori and prolonged by at least a couple seasons with just those other 2 other rouge factions, not mention the lucian alliance, system lords, crazy ancients, the very very hot ori leader, the wraith (what if they showed up in the ori galaxy??? the ancients couldn't beat them{and i think they are a product of the replicators to bypass their non agrression programming against the ancients}) and on and on.
    First off, the Ori saga was planned to span Seasons 9-11. The Ori plot of Season 11 has been condensed into the feature film Stargate: The Ark of Truth which comes out this fall. There is no way SG-1 would have continued for another 10 seasons, people would have lost interest long before then. Oh, wait, people already began loosing interest two years ago. That's part of why it got cancelled. The Lucian Alliance isn't really a loose end. The System Lords are all dead, except for Ba'al who will be delt with in the second feature film Stargate: Continuum which comes out this fall. By crazy ancients, I assume you mean the Ori? Adria's comes to an end in the final episodes, but she may return in The Ark of Truth where the Ori will be defeated. The wraith are a part of Atlantis, so don't expect them to show up on SG-1 nor in an SG-1 movie. The Wraith only appeared in "The Pegasus Project" because the episode was set in the Pegasus Galaxy. If the Wraith visit the Milky Way galaxy, it will be in an episode of Atlantis, not an SG-1 movie. The Wraith have nothing to do with the Replicators, so I'm guessing you ment the Asurans? The Asurans are not based on the Replicators. The Replicators came after the Asurans. The repliactors began as an android's toys that evolved into a plague of killer robot bugs and eventually evolved into beings similar to the Asurans. The Asurans have similarities to the Replicators, but they are extremely different. It's like saying Americans and Middle Easterners are the same, because they're both Human.

whoever canceled this just flushed A LOT OF POTENTIAL DOWN THE DRAIN!!! if the people will watch it, then play it!!! this is one of the few shows i GLADLY pay $2 each for on itunes.

one of the best scifi shows ever!!! easily up there with star wars and star trek. whoever canceled this show, please, slap yourself. or the person next to you. whatever. someone needs *****slapped over cancelling this show just as an insanely powerful new enemy is introduced. a decade later and still so much potential. 11 out of 10. the only change that could be better would be to use the farscape rule.... the good guy almost never wins.
    The SciFi channel cancelled the show. It's a business decission, nothing personal. Personally, I'm glad they cancelled the show, because the Ori plot is lame and has lead to a loss in viewership. A lot of people feel the show ended when the Goa'uld and the Replicators were defeated. The Ori feels tacked on. After The Ark of Truth we'll get back to classic SG-1 in Continuum.

the only way to justify cancelling sg1 would be if we pushed them back to their own galaxy and established a foothold there.
    SciFi doesn't need justification. They're the ones paying for the show. Ratings dropped and the show got too expensive. That's all the justification SciFi needed for cancelling the show.

If you're only mad, because the Ori plot won't be resolved... it will in the movie Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

Comment

you must have a lot of hatred or spare time to tear apart a simple itunes review line by line. whatever. there's no way i'm going to reply line by line........

tv shows are exactly like sports. the sole intentions of both are to make money and provide entertainment. remember xfl??? there was no comparison between sg and religion. i believe what i said is called an analogy. would you rather i used cars as a comparison??? the point of an analogy is best made when you use an idea everyone is familiar with.

now to address all the other stuff about viewers declining. OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE STOPPED WATCHING WHEN RDA LEFT!!! i watched him since i was a small child as macgyver. rda was wicked cool. i really missed him when he left. but tell me this. there is sg atlantis, battlestar galactica, and a rumor of some other startgate show i found on this site (probably meant the movies). since the viewers decreased, tell me what amazing show are they going to replace it with??? maybe they can make dog soldiers or some other insanely crappy low budget movie into a series. or maybe that one with a giant nazi hulk. my point is that scifis arsenal is running dangerously low when you remove the movies and shows the look like they were made in someones garage. as for making money, they sure make a hell of a lot of money from me on itunes. obviously they don't get all of the money, but it's money they normally wouldn't be getting, so you can't tell me that that doesn't supplement the revenue flow due to a loss of viewers. and i doubt the charge for commercial airtime has dropped all that much. and how do you know how many viewers there are??? have you ever even seen someone with a neilsons tv box??? that is the only current way to track what people are watching unless you have a digital cable box, and polling those for viewed shows is a privacy violation. and that doesn't include people like me who would rather pay exorbitant prices to download the show rather than EVER pay comcast another penny.

so please tell me, with your inside knowledge, what better choice do they have??? what big money maker will replace sg1. and don't day sg atlantis or bsg because those are already on. they wouldn't be a replacement. a replacement is something new to take the place of something old or lost.

to quote a nasa engineer......"doing nothing is easy, inexpensive and has no risk other than being left behind."
      Last edited by sendeth; 22 April 2007, 09:01 AM.

Comment

and by the way, yes i called the pegasus robots replicators. (by the way, middle easterners and americans are both human. now that is a bad analogy.) and i was referring to a thread i posted sometime back about a theory i had that the mysterious rise of the wraith were created by the replicators (i will continue to call them that) to bypass their non aggression programming. the wraith wouldn't care about the reps, and that would insure the ancients (or would you rather i call them altarins???) were destroyed, but not by the reps.

when i say crazy ancients I MEAN CRAZY FREAKING ANCIENTS!!! how much more clear can i be??? asleep for 10k years, wake up on the wrong side of the support chamber and start killing things. i don't even know why i spent this much time replying to you. all i did was post an itunes review. reply if you want. i'm done with this.

Comment

you must have a lot of hatred or spare time to tear apart a simple itunes review line by line. whatever. there's no way i'm going to reply line by line........
          Hatred had nothing to do with it. You wrote a post, so I replied. By the way, I did have some time to spend on the post. You don't have to reply line by line. That's just my posting style. If you don't believe me, click on my profile, and go view my various posts.

tv shows are exactly like sports. the sole intentions of both are to make money and provide entertainment. remember xfl??? there was no comparison between sg and religion. i believe what i said is called an analogy. would you rather i used cars as a comparison??? the point of an analogy is best made when you use an idea everyone is familiar with.
          I don't like it when people put TV and religion in the same sentence. They're just too different. As for sports being exactly the same as sports... I'm sorry, but there is far more to sports than making money and entertaining people. I'm not into sports, so I can't get into detail, but I would say sports is about playing a game, teamwork, being part of something bigger than you, entertaining the audience, and so on. It's not just entertainment. If you want to compare TV shows to something, a better choice would be movies, novels, and theater.

now to address all the other stuff about viewers declining. OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE STOPPED WATCHING WHEN RDA LEFT!!! i watched him since i was a small child as macgyver. rda was wicked cool. i really missed him when he left. but tell me this. there is sg atlantis, battlestar galactica, and a rumor of some other startgate show i found on this site (probably meant the movies). since the viewers decreased, tell me what amazing show are they going to replace it with??? maybe they can make dog soldiers or some other insanely crappy low budget movie into a series. or maybe that one with a giant nazi hulk. my point is that scifis arsenal is running dangerously low when you remove the movies and shows the look like they were made in someones garage. as for making money, they sure make a hell of a lot of money from me on itunes. obviously they don't get all of the money, but it's money they normally wouldn't be getting, so you can't tell me that that doesn't supplement the revenue flow due to a loss of viewers. and i doubt the charge for commercial airtime has dropped all that much. and how do you know how many viewers there are??? have you ever even seen someone with a neilsons tv box??? that is the only current way to track what people are watching unless you have a digital cable box, and polling those for viewed shows is a privacy violation. and that doesn't include people like me who would rather pay exorbitant prices to download the show rather than EVER pay comcast another penny.
          Viewership declined when RDA left, but it wasn't just because, "Ew, SG-1 without RDA sucks." Season 8 brought a lot of changes to SG-1. Hammond left with O'Neill taking over as commander of the SGC. Carter replaced O'Neill as leader of SG-1. The Goa'uld System Lords were finished off by the Repliacotrs, except for Ba'al and Anubis. Carter, Jacob/Selmak, and Ba'al defeated the Replicators. Teal'c had finally achieved his life-long dream, the Jaffa are now free. Daniel convinced Oma to stop Anubis once and for all. He was offered ascension a second time, but he realised that his place is with SG-1. After all that happened in "Reckoning" and "Threads," we had "Moebius," the series finale which featured a time travel adventure to bookend the series. The alternate timeline was a nice nod to the movie and first episode. RDA was front and center compared to most of his Season 8 episodes. They even brought Hammond back! Those last 5 episodes of Season 8 ended the series. That is why people stopped watching. Season 9 lacked O'Neill, and the Ori just aren't as interesting as the Goa'uld. Why watch? The lack of viewership in the Ori years had more to do with feeling tacked on than with a lack of RDA.

As for cancellation, why do you think SciFi cancelled SG-1 six episodes into a 20-episode season? SciFi wanted the show to go on to Season 10, they had no interest in an 11th season. I'd be more upset with SciFi not being honest with the producers than being upset with SciFi cancelling the show. Was it so hard to tell the producers, "Hey, I know you guys want this Ori thing to go for three years, but we're probably going to cancel the show after Season 10, so you need to rework it as a two-year arc." That would have lead to a SG-1 ending with resolution. Fortunately, SG-1 will continue as a film series with at least two installments. There will be a third movie if these two sell well.

I love Stargate: Atlantis and am looking forward to Stargate: Universe. They're not SG-1, but they are set in the world of Stargate, so that's good enough for me. I usually prefer spin-off shows over original shows anyway, mainly because it's very rare for me to find an original TV show that I actually like.

I've never seen a full episode of Battlestar Galactica, so I can't comment on that.

What will SciFi replace SG-1 with? I have no idea. I do know that SciFi's main reason for cancelling SG-1 had to do with the show being too expensive. SciFi wanted to order Season 11 for dirt cheap, and MGM said no, so SciFi said, "Alright, SG-1's cancelled." I really don't care about the SciFi channel anyway. Their TV shows and movies are crap. The only decent programming they have are movies and TV shows that were created by other networks/studios and merely air on SciFi. The only shows I really watch are the two Stargate shows, and that's it.

When SG-1 episodes are bought through iTunes, that money goes to MGM, not SciFi. I could be mistaken, but I'm guessing that's how it works. SciFi only makes money by broadcasting the episodes.

In the end, the decission to cancel SG-1 was based on low ratings combined with too high a production cost. All TV shows end, and many of them are cancelled. SG-1 lasted 10 years! Most American sci-fi shows only last 3-5 seasons. I don't see why you're upset. I'm sure not. Let's look at how much SG-1 there really is...

STARGATE
          STARGATE SG-1
          Season 1 (21 Episodes, counting "Children of the Gods" as 1 episode)
          Season 2 (22 Episodes)
          Season 3 (22 Episodes)
          Season 4 (22 Episodes)
          Season 5 (22 Episodes)
          Season 6 (22 Episodes)
          Season 7 (21 Episodes, counting "Lost City" as 1 episode)
          Season 8 (20 Episodes, one of which is 63 minutes long)
          Season 9 (20 Episodes)
          Season 10 (20 Episodes)
          STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH (coming to DVD this fall)
          STARGATE: CONTINUUM (coming to DVD this fall)

214 episodes and 3 movies, and people are mad that it's over? Wow.

so please tell me, with your inside knowledge, what better choice do they have??? what big money maker will replace sg1. and don't day sg atlantis or bsg because those are already on. they wouldn't be a replacement. a replacement is something new to take the place of something old or lost.
          That's not how television works. Generally, when a TV show is cancelled, the network doesn't have a new TV show ready to hit production. That's just not how TV works. They cancel the show because of low ratings, because it's too expensive, or because of both. They worry about a replacement show after the show has been cancelled.

The SciFi Channel isn't known for making the most intelligent decissions considering their crappy TV movies and stupid scheduling decissions.

and by the way, yes i called the pegasus robots replicators. (by the way, middle easterners and americans are both human. now that is a bad analogy.) and i was referring to a thread i posted sometime back about a theory i had that the mysterious rise of the wraith were created by the replicators (i will continue to call them that) to bypass their non aggression programming. the wraith wouldn't care about the reps, and that would insure the ancients (or would you rather i call them altarins???) were destroyed, but not by the reps.
          My American/Middle Easterner analogy wasn't bad. My point was to say that the two cultures both being the same species doesn't mean they're the same people. Human-form Replicators and Asurans may both be made of nanites, but they are otherwise separate civilizations. The Repliactors sole purpose is to replicate, that's why they're called replicators. The Asurans ultimatel goal is to emulate the Atlanteans and defeat the Wraith. Some of them want to ascend so they can join the ascended Atlanteans. They are nothing like the Human-form replicators beyond the fact that they're both made of Ancient-created nanites.

The Wraith were created when the Iratus bugs fed on Humans. The Iratus bugs began assimilating Human DNA and eventually evolved into the Wraith. Granted, not all Iratus bugs did, because not all worlds with Iratus bugs were seeded with Humans. The Asurans began as a nanite virus to aide the war against the Wraith. The Wraith are biological entities, so Asurans couldn't have been created to bypass their non aggression programming, because they have no programming to be altered.

when i say crazy ancients I MEAN CRAZY FREAKING ANCIENTS!!! how much more clear can i be??? asleep for 10k years, wake up on the wrong side of the support chamber and start killing things.
          What crazy freaking ancients are you talking about? There are no freaking crazy ancients! The Ancients are extinct! The only major players on the show thus far are the Wraith, the Asurans, and the Genii.

i don't even know why i spent this much time replying to you. all i did was post an itunes review. reply if you want. i'm done with this.
          Wow, real mature.
          Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 22 April 2007, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hi gang. My added two sense to the deal:

In all honesty, SG-1 over ran it's usefulness after season 7. The Lost City episodes were actually the original series final for SG-1. And in my opinion, it should have stayed that way. Why?

1. At the end of season 7, most of the major story lines or open plots were closed, or were ata point where additional movies or dvd's could have closed any open plot lines.

2. We still had the familiar cast, and when you close a show, it's usually best to close that show with the original cast, rather than bring in a lot of new, unfamiliar faces.

3. Extending the story beyond season 7 seemed like something positive, at first. However, it was inevitable that following season 7, changes were most likely to occur, as most TV series don't keep their original casts much beyond 6 or 7 seasons due to changes in either the show's writing/direction or the cast members move on to other obligations.

4. While i enjoy the whole of SG-1, i don't enjoy the later seasons (mainly season 8 onward) because too many changes occurred all at once, and they seemed to try to stretch certain storylines. All of this detracts severely from the series. While the writers may not have anticipated Scifi's abrupt cancellation of the series, the introduction of a brand new enemy a season before the show ended detracts from the stability and long-term quality of the show. (Originally, the writers continued writing episodes beyond season 11, with the Ori as the contending enemy. Now that SG-1 is cancelled, most of that material is now on the edit room floor, or sorted away for integeration into upcoming DVD-release movies, or even additional full lenght feature films).

All in all, SG-1 was the best during seasons 1-7. After season 7, they began stretching it to make the series last longer than it was originally intended. I believe SG-1 would have been in better straights had they ended at Season 7 rather than drag it out to season 10 (although season 10 is certainly a milestone for celebration). Sometimes prolonging a favorite show only detract from it in the end.

Comment

i guess this is the place to post this. i don't post here much, but i am very upset over the cancellation of sg1/ it's like cancelling the nfl season. there are scifi fans craving a (money making) series and it is denied to them. think aout it, sg1 is in direct competition with the simpsons. that's like racing jesus, muhummad, and buddah (sidharta) in a 500 meter run at the same time. you are honored just to be there. anyway here is my review. i hope you find it appropriate.
              feel free to be upset, but while SG1 it might make money, it looses profit. most sports have a much wider appeal and bring in much more money than stargate (and many like channels and shows) could ever dream of. and even if it does do well considering its competition, that doesn't change the amount of money it brings in.
              the only way to justify cancelling sg1 would be if we pushed them back to their own galaxy and established a foothold there.
              completely agree that SG-1 rocked (note past tense in my case), but it's still an opinion. one that doesn't bring in money. as for the end of the Ori, maybe it'll happen in the movies.
              now to address all the other stuff about viewers declining. OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE STOPPED WATCHING WHEN RDA LEFT!!! i watched him since i was a small child as macgyver. rda was wicked cool. i really missed him when he left.
              so did i! but even if that was the only reason people left...people still left.
              but tell me this. there is sg atlantis, battlestar galactica, and a rumor of some other startgate show i found on this site (probably meant the movies). since the viewers decreased, tell me what amazing show are they going to replace it with??? maybe they can make dog soldiers or some other insanely crappy low budget movie into a series. or maybe that one with a giant nazi hulk. my point is that scifis arsenal is running dangerously low when you remove the movies and shows the look like they were made in someones garage.
              they're still on the air, so something must be working. and if they're cheap, the break-even point's lower. personally, i don't like them either.
              as for making money, they sure make a hell of a lot of money from me on itunes. obviously they don't get all of the money, but it's money they normally wouldn't be getting, so you can't tell me that that doesn't supplement the revenue flow due to a loss of viewers. and i doubt the charge for commercial airtime has dropped all that much.
              SciFi doesn't get squat from iTunes. or DVD sales. and even if they did, it's very unlikely that it'd make up for the 30% viewer loss.
              and how do you know how many viewers there are??? have you ever even seen someone with a neilsons tv box??? that is the only current way to track what people are watching unless you have a digital cable box, and polling those for viewed shows is a privacy violation. and that doesn't include people like me who would rather pay exorbitant prices to download the show rather than EVER pay comcast another penny.
              nielsen works on valid statistical principles. if it didn't work, it wouldn't be number one (excluding big brother). it doesn't count downloads because they don't help advertisers. and you're not supposed to know that people are neilsen families. they're not supposed to tell anyone; if they do they're dropped and their data is removed. but obviously if you see the box...so you do have a point. but how many people's houses have you been in? compared to a nielsen sample (which changes families regularly), much less all of the US.

to quote a nasa engineer......"doing nothing is easy, inexpensive and has no risk other than being left behind."
              yes, but in this industry's case, usually, the first step is to stop losing money.

when i say crazy ancients I MEAN CRAZY FREAKING ANCIENTS!!! how much more clear can i be???
              "ancients", to many, became a multi-meaning word when the Ori were introduced.
              but from the i don't even know why i spent this much time replying to you. all i did was post an itunes review. reply if you want. i'm done with this.
              if i may ask then, what sort of response did you accept, posting an opinion on a public forum? was this just to read? to don't understand.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
                Hi gang. My added two sense to the deal:

In all honesty, SG-1 over ran it's usefulness after season 7. The Lost City episodes were actually the original series final for SG-1. And in my opinion, it should have stayed that way. Why?
                "Lost City" was going to be the SG-1 feature film, not the series finale. It was reworked as the Season 7 finale after SciFi picked up Season 8 to air alongside Atlantis Season 1.

1. At the end of season 7, most of the major story lines or open plots were closed, or were ata point where additional movies or dvd's could have closed any open plot lines.
                By the end of Season 7, the only plots left unresolved were the Goa'uld and the Replicators. If SG-1 ended with Season 7, "Lost City" would have been the movie with an expanded story (they had to edit out stuff so it could be 84 minutes long instead of 120 or so minutes). Atlantis would be found in Antarctica and inherit SG-1's loose ends in addition to Atlantis's new plots. Atlantis would have been more of a sequel than a spin-off.

2. We still had the familiar cast, and when you close a show, it's usually best to close that show with the original cast, rather than bring in a lot of new, unfamiliar faces.
                Agreed. Weather the show ended with Season 7 or 8, the show would have had it's complete original cast, because Don S. Davis guest stars in Season 8's finale, "Moebius, Parts 1 & 2." The real series finale, "Unending," lacks both O'Neill and Hammond.

3. Extending the story beyond season 7 seemed like something positive, at first. However, it was inevitable that following season 7, changes were most likely to occur, as most TV series don't keep their original casts much beyond 6 or 7 seasons due to changes in either the show's writing/direction or the cast members move on to other obligations.
                SG-1 still had it's original cast in Season 8. Jack, Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are front and center while Hammond is a special guest star in three episodes.

4. While i enjoy the whole of SG-1, i don't enjoy the later seasons (mainly season 8 onward) because too many changes occurred all at once, and they seemed to try to stretch certain storylines. All of this detracts severely from the series. While the writers may not have anticipated Scifi's abrupt cancellation of the series, the introduction of a brand new enemy a season before the show ended detracts from the stability and long-term quality of the show. (Originally, the writers continued writing episodes beyond season 11, with the Ori as the contending enemy. Now that SG-1 is cancelled, most of that material is now on the edit room floor, or sorted away for integeration into upcoming DVD-release movies, or even additional full lenght feature films).
                What was wrong with Season 8? I found it to be the best season of the series, mainly because it's the year where the Goa'uld and the Replicators are finally defeated. It was a year of change and climax.

The Ori saga was ment to be a three-year arc. What would have been told in Season 11 has been condensed into the movie The Ark of Truth. The only other loose ends are Ba'al and the Goa'uld Trust on Earth. Ba'al's story comes to a climax in the movie Continuum. I suspect the Goa'uld trust on Earth could be the story for the third movie, should a third SG-1 movie be made.

All in all, SG-1 was the best during seasons 1-7. After season 7, they began stretching it to make the series last longer than it was originally intended. I believe SG-1 would have been in better straights had they ended at Season 7 rather than drag it out to season 10 (although season 10 is certainly a milestone for celebration). Sometimes prolonging a favorite show only detract from it in the end.
                I prefer to look at SG-1 as three chapters.

Classic SG-1: Seasons 1-7
                SG-1's Climatic Season: Season 8
                SG-1's Ori Saga: Seasons 9-10

I love classic SG-1 and the climatic season. The Ori saga... blah... it feels tacked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  I prefer to look at SG-1 as three chapters.

Classic SG-1: Seasons 1-7
                  SG-1's Climatic Season: Season 8
                  SG-1's Ori Saga: Seasons 9-10

I love classic SG-1 and the climatic season. The Ori saga... blah... it feels tacked on.[/COLOR]
                  i believe the most accurate response to that would be, because it was. and i totally agree.
                  to me, s8 was different, but not so different as to be off-putting. the focus was different, and the types of eps were more diverse. but it served a very important purpose; without that climax, most of s1-7 wouldn't have made sense. now s1-7 make s9-10 look nonsensical.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I definitely agree about the Ori addition. But then again, the producers probably weren't expecting Scifi to cancel the series after Season ten, either.

Season 8 was sort of hit or miss for me. Not saying that Season 8 was bad, but i began losing interest in season 8. Despite such, however, i do intend to get the entire SG-1 series (all seasons) on dvd, just to be able to watch the entire series from end to end.

SG-1's best seasons were probably 1-4 (by popular concensus here at GW). 5-7 are the lead-up to season 8. Season a8 is the turning point, and 9-10 are the Ori seasons.

As for the two upcoming movies, i will definitely get them. Can't wait to see when they come out.

Comment

------------------why would you cancel sg1 a season after you introduce the ori??? the g'ould lasted 8 seasons and are still are not gone. there could be billions of bal's and replicators by now. this show had the potential for at least 10 more seasons with the ori and prolonged by at least a couple seasons with just those other 2 other rouge factions, not mention the lucian alliance, system lords, crazy ancients, the very very hot ori leader, the wraith (what if they showed up in the ori galaxy??? the ancients couldn't beat them{and i think they are a product of the replicators to bypass their non agrression programming against the ancients}) and on and on. whoever canceled this just flushed A LOT OF POTENTIAL DOWN THE DRAIN!!! if the people will watch it, then play it!!! this is one of the few shows i GLADLY pay $2 each for on itunes.

the only way to justify cancelling sg1 would be if we pushed them back to their own galaxy and established a foothold there.-------------------

Gee, um...the title of your thread is kind of misleading. You didn't really post a "review of itunes." I was thinking it would be about downloading the series and quality and such.

This should be on the Pro season 10 thread. It's just a pro opinion of season 10. Nothing to do with itunes!
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

and since this thread is little more than a debate of s9 and 10, i suggest that folks take the convo to the appropriate threads
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X