This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not making the same mistake?

When season 4 is in full swing, which planets they have been too, in s1-3 do you wish they revisit. Sort of a not making the same mistake sg1 did with showing us a place/people only the once.

I'd like to see a revisit to Dagan. If it doesn't happen in Season 4, I may make a fanfic around it.

Comment

1. I would like to see more mythology, what was so cool in SG-1. The Egyptian god was good for SG-1, but now we should travel to the Greek legends (half-human races etc.). Maybe Platon and other storytellers wrote stories about the Pegasus-galaxy.

2. More new and old races. I know the Melia hologram said in "Rising" that there is no intelligent lifeforms next to the Ancients and Wraith in Pegasus, but I think the writers made a backstep with this move. They should make more connection with MW. I would like to hear about the Oannes and the lifeform from "Watergate".

3. They should show and use the stargates more. I don't like that the off-world Pegasus gate is only CGI and most time they don't mention it in the episode. Stargate show without stargate? Intresting. I would like to see more information or episode about the Pegasus gatesystem.

4. More character development, less stand alone episode. Bigger, better metaplot with more double-part episode (5*2 or 6*2 / season).
      Last edited by Platschu; 19 April 2007, 12:49 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

[QUOTE=Platschu;6583993]
        1. I would like to see more mythology, what was so cool in SG-1. The Egyptian god was good for SG-1, but now we should travel to the Greek legends (half-human races etc.). Maybe Platon and other storytellers wrote stories about the Pegasus-galaxy.
        Actually we have done greek mythology and IMO I'd rather not see alot of that in SGA.
        2. More new and old races. I know the Melia hologram said in "Rising" that there is no intelligent lifeforms next to the Ancients and Wraith in Pegasus, but I think the writers made a backstep with this move. They should make more connection with MW. I would like to hear about the Oannes and the lifeform from "Watergate".
        No. We need to remain seperate from SG-1. Nothing wrong wit crossing over to the SGC, but no exploring old SG-1 stories.
        3. They should show and use the stargates more. I don't like that the off-world Pegasus gate is only CGI and most time they don't mention it in the episode. Stargate show without stargat? Intresting.
        Not always. I agree it is some of the time but not always. Personally I'd rather them not show it and save money for something cooler.
        4. More character development, less stand alone episode.
        Well we will get more character development but IMO standalone eps are important in this franchise, and are usually very good and take away the tension from the main story.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Sorry, I edited my first post. I wrote down some thought, how they can make better seasons. Don't forget that SG-1 and Atlantis is the same universe!

Greek mythology? Only Athena, Cronoss, Pelops, Ares were in SG-1. What about the titans, nereids, nimfas, mermaids, sirens etc.? My two race example (Oannes and Watergate aliens) live in ocean, so they can use them as allies or neutral races. Try to imagine an mermaid world with fishes, sunken buildings etc.! Won't say it would be boring!

Sometimes I feel that the Asurans and Wraith are so 2D enemies. We need more information about them and JM said we will get answers.

The gatesystems. They should wrote stories about the new gatesystem. What is the difference between the P and MW gates? Which gatesystem is better? When the Ancients returned to MW, why didn't they remake the whole MW gatesystem to the new, better digital gates?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

[QUOTE=Platschu;6584061]Sorry, I edited my first post. I wrote down some thought, how they can make better seasons. Don't forget that SG-1 and Atlantis is the same universe!

Greek mythology? Only Athena, Cronoss, Pelops, Ares were in SG-1. What about the titans, nereids, nimfas, mermaids, sirens etc.? My two race example (Oannes and Watergate aliens) live in ocean, so they can use them as allies or neutral races. Try to imagine an mermaid world with fishes, sunken buildings etc.! Won't say it would be boring!
            True there are many they havent done but I'm not sure about them in SGA.
            Sometimes I feel that the Asurans and Wraith are so 2D enemies. We need more information about them and JM said we will get answers.
            Well I quite like both but I agree they both need more development.

The gatesystems. They should wrote stories about the new gatesystem. What is the difference between the P and MW gates? Which gatesystem is better? When the Ancients returned to MW, why didn't they remake the whole MW gatesystem to the new, better digital gates?
            Hmm good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Well, I wouldn't like to see that

More connection with the MW? No, I wouldn't like that either. No offense intended, but I prefer the show to be cut off from the Milky Way and anything related to SG-1 as much as possible.

3. They should show and use the stargates more. I don't like that the off-world Pegasus gate is only CGI and most time they don't mention it in the episode. Stargate show without stargate? Intresting. I would like to see more information or episode about the Pegasus gatesystem.
              I have no problem with the off-world gate being CGI. If you don't listen to audio commentaries/behind the scenes, you wouldn't even know it's CGI and not a real prop. As a viewer, I don't care whether something is a real prop or CGI. As of the use of gates, I don't watch SG-1, but from what I've been told by fans who watch both shows, the gates are used more in Atlantis than in SG-1 *shrugs* Personally I would rather watch episodes about the characters and character development.

4. More character development, less stand alone episode. Bigger, better metaplot with more double-part episode (5*2 or 6*2 / season).
              More character development? Yes. In that regard, season 3 has been fantastic. And it seems season 4 will continue the trend, so things look promising in that front.
              Less stand alone episodes? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I like mini story arcs like The Siege trilogy, but longer story arcs bore me to death. Most of my top fave episodes are stand alones. Long live stand alone episodes!

Comment

I forget to answer the thead's title:
                "Re: Not making the same mistake.??"
                I wanted to say that the crew of SG didn't make big mistakes. They made a very strong season. Only 2-3 episode were "weaker". I hope they will forget the such funny episodes, where we should be happy, how our heroes suffers from an other people (like in Irresistable, Family ties). I would like to laugh with them and not laugh on their helpless. This is a very important difference.

Mitchell82: Thanks.

Lily: We would like the best for other fans, so we are only "spinning ideas" for the future. I understand your opinion too, but I always described myself as an pro-SG universe, not pro-SG actors fan.

Double-episodes have bigger, more complex stories. They use the same set, so the can make more special effects etc. Will they use the SG-1 film's set too? They shared earlier, so I hope they can keep their budget alone too.

I don't know what to the future hold. What will happen if the the rating of season4 is going to be weak? How can they save the show? Will they make shorter season5 (10-13 episode) and some Atlantis DVD film(s) too?
                Last edited by Platschu; 19 April 2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

M7G-677 is a fun planet to go back to, see what the kids have been up to. And it's always fun to see the crew painted. Especially Radek...

Go back to the Wraith. I want to know what that beam in LFP is used for. If it is idd for fueling ships, or if it's something entirely different. And I want to know about the Wraith-society.

And no rehashing old SG1-stories.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I forget to answer the thead's title:
                    "Re: Not making the same mistake.??"
                    I wanted to say that the crew of SG didn't make big mistakes. They made a very strong season. Only 2-3 episode were "weaker". I hope they will forget the such funny episodes, where we should be happy, how our heroes suffers from an other people (like in Irresistable, Family ties). I would like to laugh with them and not laugh on their helpless. This is a very important difference.

Mitchell82: Thanks.

Lily: We would like the best for other fans, so we are only "spinning ideas" for the future. I understand your opinion too, but I always described myself as an pro-SG universe, not pro-SG actors fan.

Double-episodes have bigger, more complex stories. They use the same set, so the can make more special effects etc. Will they use the SG-1 film's set too? They shared earlier, so I hope they can keep their budget alone too.

I don't know what to the future hold. What will happen if the the rating of season4 is going to be weak? How can they save the show? Will they make shorter season5 (10-13 episode) and some Atlantis DVD film(s) too?
                    You're welcome and I agree, also I feel as long as the ratings remain steady we have nothing to worry about and I feel that the ratings will clmb now that people know it is back.

Comment

less stand alone episode.
                      Um, the SG-1 standalones were amazing from S1-S6.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I agree the episodes that don't follow any story arcs are so fun.A great example can be "Red Sky" even though its sort of Asgard-related it doesn't follow any story arc.Unless you count Sg1 messing up peoples entire planet.SGA has nice stand alone episodes that are great.

Back to thread subject:I want them to formally form alliance with the Genii and have an episode that they coordinate attacks on hives that would be so cool to see Earth Expedition uniting the free humans of Pegasus against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          M7G-677 is a fun planet to go back to, see what the kids have been up to. And it's always fun to see the crew painted. Especially Radek...
                          lol ... yay! I'd love to see the kids or get another reference to them. Loved Radek at the end of Critical Mass. Brilliant.

The planet I always wonder about is the one from Poisoning The Well. Hoff, I believe was the name of the planet.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

What I don't like are the "miracle discoveries" : the six Eye of the Goa'uld, the Midway-station, the Horizon, the new Earth ships etc. These are really good ideas from the writers, but they never mentioned in earlier episodes that the SGC or Area51 has began to build them. So I would like to feel that the expedition is working on useful technolgies and they help the scientist on Earth.

Comment

Technically, they mentioned the Midway Station back in Irresistable. They also mentioned the Eye of Tiamat in "The Tomb" before Anubis used it all in Full Circle.

The Horizon is just 6 gatebusters and a cool delivery system.

Comment

Working...
                              X