PDA

View Full Version : Goa'Uld voice morfing thingey?

Dutch_Razor
April 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I was wondering, would that thingey they supposedly used to change their voice to Goa'Uld actually work? Or was it just a story element?

Would be kinda to cool :cool:

Otherwise would there be something out there to change your voice to Goa'Uld on Teamspeak? :D

wise one
April 19th, 2007, 03:44 AM
I was wondering, would that thingey they supposedly used to change their voice to Goa'Uld actually work? Or was it just a story element?

Would be kinda to cool :cool:

Otherwise would there be something out there to change your voice to Goa'Uld on Teamspeak? :D

theres a device i saw that can change your voice through a headset and you can alter the bass or tone of it so you can speak like a robott or in this case a gouald

the device is about £500 though!

gavo2o
April 19th, 2007, 06:02 AM
If you have a micropohone on your computer then you can use Audiacity to make your recorded voice sound like a goa'uld

ACharmedAsgard
April 19th, 2007, 08:16 AM
COOOOOOOOL

:cool:

ancientaction
April 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
the thing they used in the show, probally just a prop.

but, it can be done with a pc

garhkal
April 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I would not mind getting that 'prop'

ascendedancient42
April 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
It's just a standard female-to-male pitch shift. I've done this before with my computer.

At least, that's what they're using now. In the earlier seasons I think they were doing a little more to the sound than that, but have since dropped some (most?) of the filters (to aid in the understanding of their speech?).

ManiacMike
April 19th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I did something like this for a class in school once.

All you do is add a phaser effect and pitch shifting (in sound forge)

Dutch_Razor
April 20th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Thx I'm gonna try Sound Forge, if that doesn't work Audiacity :)

Would've been a lot cooler if that "resonating of the throat" explanation in the ep had worked.

Maybe I'll try to build one myself once I get my hands on a broken force feedback joystick :D

Icedragon
April 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Do they alter the voice of the actual actor or actress that plays the goa'ld, or is it just a voice over thing?

Borg Queen
April 23rd, 2007, 01:16 AM
I believe that after recording the scene the actor/actress that plays the Goa'uld goes to the sound sudio and records there lines again where it is then altered and dubbed onto the scene.