PDA

View Full Version : S4: If not July or Fall when? When is the season premiere?!

vaberella
April 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Okay, because of a post by JM on his blog the night before something caught my eye. I had to ask if we'd have to wait for the fall, because by his tone and statement it seemed as though we wouldn't have to wait 7/6 months to air.

Disclaimer of Sorts: Now, I would like to make a statement. People enjoy saying the producers/directors and what not are liars. I want to make clear even though it was listed in an article in which Robert Cooper commented, where it stated that SGA would air in the fall. I am, as I hope most of the logical people out there...that when something is said at 4pm on 04/18/07 can change dramatically by 4pm 38 seconds 04/18/07. I say this because what could have been previously negotiated and agreed upon can be changed because of unknown factors. Much like episodes we'd expect... this, that and the other, in a side or script can be filmed and found on the cutting room floor or completely changed by the time it airs. So do not I consider people liars because of airing change or any other changes made from when I'm told to what I see. Hell no!!!

Anyway...here's the quote

Here's the link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/04/april-18-2007.html)

Vaberella writes: “What do you mean by the comment in bold? That it will actually air in July (as per usual)?”

Answer: No. That fans won’t have to wait another six months to see new episodes.

It kind of makes me wonder the change from July to Fall, and now not in July or Fall...maybe August/September? June?! Or will they give us surpise eps in May? Hah....I could dream! :D

I wish I could be a fly on the walls of that conference room. :D

female Wraith
April 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I wish I could be a fly on the walls of that conference room. :D

Me too:) LOL

PG15
April 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Uh, point of order good buddy, the Season 3 episodes won't stop airing in the US until early July, and as I don't think the episodes will premier in Canada this early, I'm thinking it'll be in the fall.

Remember, not-6 months from July could be anytime between then and December.

FoolishPleasure
April 19th, 2007, 04:29 AM
There was something on Skiffy's website awhile back, but I can't remember where, but it said SGA season 4 is back in the "Fall". There was also something about it not necessarily returning to Friday. Its exact slot had not yet been decided.

Suzotchka
April 19th, 2007, 05:43 AM
I had heard it was in Oct or Nov. And while I haven't heard any confirmation, there was a rumor (and I stress rumor) it was being moved to Mondays - which would have it opposite Heroes.

StevenCaldwell
April 19th, 2007, 05:53 AM
yeah when is the 1st ep aired?
wat a conclution to the season 3 carnt wait for season 4!!!!

Alan
April 19th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I don't suppose there's any chance that Atlantis' 4th season would get its world premiere here in the UK first like the second half's of SG-1 Season 10 and Atlantis Season 3 were?

jenks
April 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I'm guessing late September early October time.

SaberBlade
April 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I don't suppose there's any chance that Atlantis' 4th season would get its world premiere here in the UK first like the second half's of SG-1 Season 10 and Atlantis Season 3 were?

I do think it is possible but I doubt it.

I would have expected Scifi to air the new season much later in the US due to the longer amount of time needed to end the show, but they seem to be releasing the new season around the same time as if they aired it all at once.

They'll always try to release the show before the UK and Canada, as it is supposed to stop the ratings from dropping because of US viewers potentially downloading it. Why they would want to add a three month+ delay right in middle even though they want US to get it first baffles me, but that's how Scifi seems to work.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 09:07 AM

I seriously doubt it.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I would place it somewhere in late October.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
August could always be a good starting point- jump the gun before the fall onslaught of shows. Downside is that many people are on holiday then. :cool: :S

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:19 AM
August could always be a good starting point- jump the gun before the fall onslaught of shows. Downside is that many people are on holiday then. :cool: :S

Well, in my case, I'm never on holiday.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, in my case, I'm never on holiday.
Haha me neither, but then I don't get SCI-FI so it doesn't matter. :P

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM

It could be, since they want to do year round programming a one month hiatus seems possible.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Haha me neither, but then I don't get SCI-FI so it doesn't matter. :P

Same on my end as well. I do wish I had SCIFI though, just to watch Stargate, and probably only Stargate.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
It could be, since they want to do year round programming a one month hiatus seems possible.
That would be great.....but whenever the new season starts, I just hope the S3 DVDs are out by then. Or. I. Will. Die. Of. Impatience. :P

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM
That would be great.....but whenever the new season starts, I just hope the S3 DVDs are out by then. Or. I. Will. Die. Of. Impatience. :P

I do know that the delay in the Season 2 set was due to the change in distributor, but hopefully this time, the DVD's will be out sooner (for Region 1 specifically).

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I do know that the delay in the Season 2 set was due to the change in distributor, but hopefully this time, the DVD's will be out sooner (for Region 1 specifically).

I sure hope so the wait was very annoying.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I sure hope so the wait was very annoying.

Well, it was annoying for a lot of us. I haven't got the set yet, so I am not too adversely affected. After all, it is just a product in many ways.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Well, it was annoying for a lot of us. I haven't got the set yet, so I am not too adversely affected. After all, it is just a product in many ways.

True.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM
A lot of times, for myself, I have to remember that I can always get it later on. It's not something I *have* to have at this very moment.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
A lot of times, for myself, I have to remember that I can always get it later on. It's not something I *have* to have at this very moment.

*sigh* I know that feeling very well, especially when I'm low on money wich is all the time.:p

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Hope those DVDs come soon- I know I was really pissed off about the season two release delay, as I hadn't seen most of the eps on it. I get roughly two weeks of watching new Atlantis eps per year and I've got no patience! :D

Though that season two set was really well put together and definitely worth the wait. Wouldn't want them to rush and release somrthing sub-par. :)

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM
*sigh* I know that feeling very well, especially when I'm low on money wich is all the time.:p

Happens to me as well. I just had a birthday last Sunday, though. So, I'll just save up and get more DVD's later on. If I had the financing, I'd love to buy a 1080p HDTV and a Blu-Ray player (most likely a PS3).

The wait is always nice, in a way. Having the latest gear for whatever one's hobbies are isn't always the best in a lot of ways.

Waiting for Season 4 of Atlantis longer will only make things better, just as long as SCIFI airs it first.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hope those DVDs come soon- I know I was really pissed off about the season two release delay, as I hadn't seen most of the eps on it. I get roughly two weeks of watching new Atlantis eps per year and I've got no patience! :D

Though that season two set was really well put together and definitely worth the wait. Wouldn't want them to rush and release somrthing sub-par. :)

Like the season one set. Though the setup of the menus was annoying the special features and episodes more than made up for the annoying cg puddle jumper.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Like the season one set. Though the setup of the menus was annoying the special features and episodes more than made up for the annoying cg puddle jumper.

The ability to access chapters specifically is a definite must for all fans. I could access "chapters" with the Season 1 set, but only because of the software I was using.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 11:03 AM

The ability to access chapters specifically is a definite must for all fans. I could access "chapters" with the Season 1 set, but only because of the software I was using.
The season one set was a bit of a hack job.....I never noticed the lack of chapter selection until someone else pointed it out on the board and now that the fact that it isn't there drives me nuts- then there's the whole issue of the wrong gate being on the covers. :rolleyes:

At least they learned from their mistakes on the S2 set, and made some very nice menu screens. I absolutely love that shade of blue, and the box art is beautiful. :D

I only got my S1 set last fall (cheap enough that I shouldn't complain), I'm actually not sure if I've seen all the special features.....perhaps should look into that. :P

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM

Yeah that was annoying too.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Any other guesses on when S4 will premiere? Rather, how much of Season 4 will have been finished filming before "Adrift" actually airs?

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM
The season one set was a bit of a hack job.....I never noticed the lack of chapter selection until someone else pointed it out on the board and now that the fact that it isn't there drives me nuts- then there's the whole issue of the wrong gate being on the covers. :rolleyes:

At least they learned from their mistakes on the S2 set, and made some very nice menu screens. I absolutely love that shade of blue, and the box art is beautiful. :D

I only got my S1 set last fall (cheap enough that I shouldn't complain), I'm actually not sure if I've seen all the special features.....perhaps should look into that. :P

It is? *goes and checks* You're right, stupid sony.:mckay:

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Any other guesses on when S4 will premiere? Rather, how much of Season 4 will have been finished filming before "Adrift" actually airs?

From what I understand in the fall here likely Aug or Sept. And as far as I know all of it.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 11:39 AM
From what I understand in the fall here likely Aug or Sept. And as far as I know all of it.

I'm still thinking October.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I'm still thinking October.

Possible though it'd be smarter to start airing before the networks start airing their shows.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Possible though it'd be smarter to start airing before the networks start airing their shows.

True, but in the case of Fridays, I wouldn't mind.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
True, but in the case of Fridays, I wouldn't mind.

True not much else on on Friday. Thats worth watching anyway.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I hope they do that- might be better to jump the gun and get going early to establish an audience, that will hopefully stick around.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM
It would be the case for Stargate.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I hope they do that- might be better to jump the gun and get going early to establish an audience, that will hopefully stick around.

Exactly.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Exactly.

That and maintain audience loyalty. It would appear that it didn't happen for BSG this season.

genius21
April 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
scifi need to take there heasd out off there arss and just air july and not that stupid six months break if they are smart they start sooner so they can't complain about ratings i believe if was begin feb or march that all eps of season three have aired and those fools wait longer and longer and then complain about ratings, just move for one day in a week to canada and you will have seen all the eps in no time.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM
scifi need to take there heasd out off there arss and just air july and not that stupid six months break if they are smart they start sooner so they can't complain about ratings i believe if was begin feb or march that all eps of season three have aired and those fools wait longer and longer and then complain about ratings, just move for one day in a week to canada and you will have seen all the eps in no time.

I'm not sure if SCIFI is complaining about their ratings.... yet.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure if SCIFI is complaining about their ratings.... yet.

And I doubt they will. The ratings are holding fairly steady and it is at this time is either their second or third highest rated show.

PaSci
April 20th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Anyone who no when and where the first ep of Atlantis 4x01 will air First
:ronan:

VSHARMA
April 20th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Anyone who no when and where the first ep of Atlantis 4x01 will air First
:ronan:

October Some Time In the US

PaSci
April 20th, 2007, 01:07 AM
the us us to be the last ones to air it

Platschu
April 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM
the us us to be the last ones to air it
No. The 4x01-4x10 premier will be on SciFi. The Canadian TVs or Sky One will air it a bit later, but the 4x11-4x20 premier will be probably earlier in December-January there after the break on SciFi.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43259

genius21
April 20th, 2007, 11:02 PM
it seems all that long waiting and long brakes is a way to get people not to watch.

it's insane to wait so long before airing.

but that is not only with stargate.

heroes has 2 episodes to go and they just stopt for almost 2 months now to air two episodes.

smallville they air two wait a month air two again and that was after the break.

there needs to be a petition i dont know how but maybe someone does a petition that has meaning not like bring carson back or weir.

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2007, 11:05 AM
it seems all that long waiting and long brakes is a way to get people not to watch.

heroes has 2 episodes to go and they just stopt for almost 2 months now to air two episodes.

smallville they air two wait a month air two again and that was after the break.

there needs to be a petition i dont know how but maybe someone does a petition that has meaning not like bring carson back or weir.

As you said it's not just Stargate it is on other shows as well but it's not to get people not to watch but the close to 7 month hiatus was a big screwup but at least we won't have to wait a whole long time from First Strike to Adrift.

genius21
April 21st, 2007, 10:20 PM
from first strike to adrift is still a long wait for me i have seen it.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
from first strike to adrift is still a long wait for me i have seen it.
Yeah it seems like things are back to normal.

Sparky13
April 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
I have the perfect solution to all of these hiatuses and breaks and gaps in programming: Film more episodes!

Makes sense to me, anyway...

The wait to see S4 in the States, while annoying, isn't nearly as alarming as the rumored move to Mondays.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 09:14 AM
I have the perfect solution to all of these hiatuses and breaks and gaps in programming: Film more episodes!

The wait to see S4 in the States, while annoying, isn't nearly as alarming as the rumored move to Mondays.

I'm pretty sure thats be debunked though I could be wrong.

prion
April 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM

If they move it to MOndays? Against HEROES? It's toast. Sorry.

Fans like SciFi Fridays, but then, after watching an ad for this week's SG1 when they say "Amanda is sent to a parallel universe," it's obvious we don't have geniuses working at Skiffy....

Sparky13
April 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure thats be debunked though I could be wrong.

You are a Lord. How could you possibly be wrong? I am relieved that the move to Mondays was only a rumor. Thanks!

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM

Fans like SciFi Fridays, but then, after watching an ad for this week's SG1 when they say "Amanda is sent to a parallel universe," it's obvious we don't have geniuses working at Skiffy....

Really I would never have guessed...:mckayanime22: :weir40:

Trek_Girl42
April 22nd, 2007, 06:48 PM

LMAO.....yes.....makes one wonder how many editors these previews go through before they're aired (no idea who approves these things- I presume they're viewed by multiple people).....if multiple SCI-FI execs AND editors went through that clip and didn't catch it..... :rolleyes:

Well, that's just embaressing.

vaberella
April 24th, 2007, 05:56 AM

Yeah, they won't move it to Mondays. JM pretty much confirmed it, if not in so many words. So I'm happy that we won't have to dred that coming up.

Well I figured the long hiatus was to have SGA on an even playing field with the other networked shows. Without it, they'd either have finished before the other shows, like around December, making the fans wait around 9-10 months for the next season. Or air in this several month hiatus, thinking this will maintains fans. Unless of course some law kept them from doing the former.

In any case, they probably had two moves which were likely.

knowles2
April 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
It will air sometime between September and october, then have the 2 or 3 weeks break at Christmas to air all the normal crap that on that time of year and then restart in January, if they plan on airing to the same schedules for season five, we will hear about them reordering season five episodes by Christmas at the latest, to allow production, airing to be achieve by September/October again. I also suspect, hope, the MGM and Skiffy, sky and who ever shows it in canada are all talking to one and other and are arranging for the episodes to air at least all in the same week.
This kind of makes sense, especially when you consider, sky usually air the episode on Tuesday or Wednesday, so scifi considering Monday air time around about 24 hours before sky, giving viewers, hardly any time to obtain the episodes by other means. This if canada do air in the same week as sky 1 and skiffy, would mean the three main fan bases hardly anytime to obtain the episode else where.

May be someone finally decide to kick who ever been running scifi for the past year, and bought in a replacements.
Because from my point of view this is the first sign they actually supporting the franchise, well in the last 18 months, that is.

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, they won't move it to Mondays. JM pretty much confirmed it, if not in so many words. So I'm happy that we won't have to dred that coming up.

Well I figured the long hiatus was to have SGA on an even playing field with the other networked shows. Without it, they'd either have finished before the other shows, like around December, making the fans wait around 9-10 months for the next season. Or air in this several month hiatus, thinking this will maintains fans. Unless of course some law kept them from doing the former.

In any case, they probably had two moves which were likely.

I have a feeling no matter when it airs it's not going to be as good as we all hope. Not the quaility mind you the quality sounds just as good as it's always been but needless to say the ratings have me a little worried that season 4 might be it.