X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori in Pegasus...

If Carter
    Spoiler:
    comes in her new ship wouldn't that be equiped with all there new tech and so wouldnt that mean that the Ori would be able to follow them? I mean thats a whole new Galexy for the Ori to infest.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 17 April 2007, 06:06 PM.
    sigpic
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
    If Carter comes in her new ship wouldn't that be equiped with all there new tech and so wouldnt that mean that the Ori would be able to follow them? I mean thats a whole new Galexy for the Ori to infest.
    I doubt they'll be able to duplicate the asgard core which the Ori tracked and even if the Ori did come they'd be crushed by the Wraith and Asurans...Unless they had dozens of ships with them that it...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If Carter comes in her new ship wouldn't that be equiped with all there new tech and so wouldnt that mean that the Ori would be able to follow them? I mean thats a whole new Galexy for the Ori to infest.
      Spoiler:
      I doubt by time Carter comes to Atlantis the Ori will be any sort of threat.

Comment

not to jerk everyone but shouldt there be spoilers for these kind of topics since some people havent seen all of season 10
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          The Ori story will come to a climax in the movie Stargate: The Ark of Truth. The movie will likely take place before Carter joins the cast of Atlantis. I also doubt the Oddyssey will be assigned to Atlantis. It'd rather they keep the Daedalus (so they can keep Caldwell).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Spoiler:
            I doubt by time Carter comes to Atlantis the Ori will be any sort of threat.
            Spoiler:
            Setting season 4 after the movies makes sense - especially if Carter is running the Atlantis base, she can't go running off to have adventures with SG-1. I wonder what'll appen though if/when more SG-1 movies are made, they would require Carter to abandon her position at Atlantis to fight whatever foe they find in the Milky Way. Unless the next film is an Atlantis SG-1 team up movie, where the twoteams work together to defeat a larger enemy (of course a movie with a core cast of atleast 9 - Carter,Daniel, Teal'c, Vala, Mitchell, Shepperd, McKay, Teyla, Ronon - would be very hard to do [some characters would have to end up being sidelined])
            sigpic

Comment

I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that have not seen unending
              Spoiler:
              At the end of the episode when Tealc was sent back when they reversed time he had a program to disconnect the hyperdrive from the asgard core. This leads me to believe that the problem with the Ori tracking it had to do with the power signature given off by the Asgard core interfacing with the hyperdrive engines. With that connection I don't see that there should be any way that the Ori would be able to track any ships with the new Asgard technology installed as long as it is seperated from the hyperdrive controls.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Well I read on here that JM confirmed that the Ori already know about Pegasus. It wouldn't make sense if he didn't since the Ori only found MW by reading Danny's mind, and Daniel is the one who discovered Pegasus.

The Ori just see MW as the better primary target. They go for numbers.

It's been implied that Ida (the Asgard Galaxy) was never even shielded from the Ori in the first place. The Ori could have known about the Asgard, but figured that a race with a stagnant/declining population, and comparable technology wasn't worth converting.

Relating to Pegasus, it's a dwarf galaxy with a small human population. Two uber-races live there, as stated by Buba, it would have taken dozens of Ori Cruisers to take down the Wraith, and I don't think they could've beaten the Asurans with 100 ships. Not to mention the fact that the Asurans would be a nemesis that couldn't be of any use to the Ori.

Aurora Warship >>>>> Ori Cruiser

Spoiler:
                If the campaign was successful in MW, they probably would've taken the full might of the Jaffa/Humans, given them Ori tech, and sent them against the Wraith.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

the ori cant even be in the pegasus galaxy since ascended being still live up there

there ships on the other hand can enter but PG has only a few million or maybe billions of humans and once they come into a wraith territory or asuran they would have a hard time converting
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    not to jerk everyone but shouldt there be spoilers for these kind of topics since some people havent seen all of season 10

this is the season 4 thread, its kinda 'use at your own risk'

you have to assume everybody posting here has seen up to the end of s3 of atlantis and the end of s10 of sg-1

Comment

Ori haven't bothered about Pegasus, because they haven't gotten through the majority of the MW yet. So they don't have anywhere near enough resources to take on Pegasus as well.

Not to mention the fact that the population is very low thanks to the Wraith & their cullings over the millenia.

They aren't looking in humans best interests, only in amassing an army of worshippers. Therefore the numbers they'd get would not outweigh the risk of sending a ship or two into distant lands. Especially since Wraith defeated Lanteans, which proves they'd be a serious threat to the Ori. While Asurans have full Lantean knowledge & tech. Which we know Drones can affect the Ori ships. They have them & plenty of ZPM's in abundance, as well as energy beam weapons & all the rest.

Ori may pretend they are gods, but they aren't stupid because without their ships in the foreign galaxies, they are nothing! So it's far too big a risk to go to Pegasus when they wouldn't get back hardly anything in return.

As of 'The Shroud' that diminishes ever further. While the Ori storyline will be wrapped up once & all after the 1st movie.

This will also probably happen before Carter actually goes to Pegasus. As I can't see her appearing on the show in 'Adrift', then leaving again to join up with SG-1 again. Probably the initial appearance will be where she is communicating with the Apollo or something via the SGC.

So when she comes Ori will be no more, so the point is kinda outdated because they won't be around for much longer. Would like to perhaps have one of their ships be captured by the SGC, although don't think that's likely.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!! Look at his Name..........Why Carson? Why?
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                          Now that I look at it that is a major spoiler if read into too much...

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            once i looked at that name thats when i thought shouldt there be spoilerslol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              It's been implied that Ida (the Asgard Galaxy) was never even shielded from the Ori in the first place. The Ori could have known about the Asgard, but figured that a race with a stagnant/declining population, and comparable technology wasn't worth converting.
                              That is assuming they could have even converted them..

Especially since Wraith defeated Lanteans, which proves they'd be a serious threat to the Ori.
                              Now that would be worth watchingl...

Comment

Working...
                              X