This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter in the movies? (spoilers)

How is Carter supposed to be in the movies (unless the movies take place before season 4 of Atlantis) because Carter is apparently promoted to full col. and takes command of Atlantis (BAD idea).

Vala,

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    How is Carter supposed to be in the movies (unless the movies take place before season 4 of Atlantis) because Carter is apparently promoted to full col. and takes command of Atlantis (BAD idea).

Vala,
    You've answered it yourself !
    I think she gets promoted in "Continuum" !!!

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
      You've answered it yourself !
      I think she gets promoted in "Continuum" !!!
      Same here, or The Ark Of Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

Vala,
        Yes i think the movies will take plase before season 4 or maybe she comes in on the 6th epp because she is in 14
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Same here, or The Ark Of Truth.
          No I really think it's "Continuum" !
          2 reasons
          1. If she gets promoted in "Ark of truth" she'll outrank Cam in "Continuum" and the misogynistic PTBs can't have that.
          2. I think in "Continuum" Jack will promote her coming full circle : The Original Colonel promoting his protegee !
          Last edited by petemoretti; 17 April 2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

my money is on sam getting promoted in which ever movie airs prior to s4. if they both air this summer - i believe s4 starts in the fall, sept or so - then she'll get promoted at the end of continuum, if AoT airs first and continuum later, then she'll get prmoted in AoT (although i just cant' see coop surrendering any of his Ori love to give sam a moment, but i coudl be wrong)

Or AoT airs, tehn s4 then contimuum comes out for christmas and sam is promoted halfway through the season

my money is on both movies coming out this summer, sam promoted by the end of the last one, which will lead into Atlantis
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              my money is on sam getting promoted in which ever movie airs prior to s4. if they both air this summer - i believe s4 starts in the fall, sept or so - then she'll get promoted at the end of continuum, if AoT airs first and continuum later, then she'll get prmoted in AoT (although i just cant' see coop surrendering any of his Ori love to give sam a moment, but i coudl be wrong)

Or AoT airs, tehn s4 then contimuum comes out for christmas and sam is promoted halfway through the season

my money is on both movies coming out this summer, sam promoted by the end of the last one, which will lead into Atlantis
              SPOILER ALERT! Atlantis Season 4
              Spoiler:

This matches my thinking too - I think Carter gets promoted, and is given command of the Odyssey. - Her own vessel, bringing her to Atlantis?
              Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
              Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I don't think the movies will AIR before Atlantis S4 ! That would mean MGM would should themselves in their legs ! They want people to buy the DVDs first and then after they sucked the sales dry they'll let some networks buy the rights to air the movies ! Just MHO !

LE: And I don't think the movies will be ready to sell/air before the beginning of S4... (Providing The Sci-fi Channel sticks to its original schedule and S4 will begin thsi fall, not after another six months hiatus fiasco - in spring 2008)

Comment

My money is on Ark of Truth taking place during season 3 of Atlantis.

Season 10 + Ark of Truth all take place during season 3 of Atlantis. That gives them time to get promoted and save the Milky Way, study the Asgard tech, build a better ship (if that happens, as I think someone said her ship is Atlantis since she's taking command) and then her 6 episode period off Atlantis will be when she takes part in Continuum.

sigpic

Comment

And I don't think the movies will be ready to sell/air before the beginning of S4... (Providing The Sci-fi Channel sticks to its original schedule and S4 will begin thsi fall, not after another six months hiatus fiasco - in spring 2008)
                    No reason for the movies not to be, they are shooting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by paulschapman View Post
                      No reason for the movies not to be, they are shooting right now.
                      As a matter of fact, The Ark of Truth begins filming today.

Comment

No I really think it's "Continuum" !
                        2 reasons
                        1. If she gets promoted in "Ark of truth" she'll outrank Cam in "Unending" and the misogynistic PTBs can't have that.
                        2. I think in "Continuum" Jack will promote her coming full circle : The Original Colonel promoting his protegee !
                        1. She won't because Unending happens before The Ark Of Truth

2. You're probably right

Comment

the turnaround isn't as long as you might think. They've already shot stuff for continuum...and i think each movie is gonna take 2-3 weeks to shoot (Not counting extra stuff like the arctic trip) then they have may, june, july and august to get it done in post. PLENTY of time.

remember they used to tape episodes in march, april and may and have them ready to air in june, july, august. and, at its most basic, the movie is just two big episodes.

I see no reason why they can't be done by this fall, especially if the episodes of s4 are gonna premier in the fall, they get the movies done first or with priority, then work on the episodes and get them done and in the can. Chances are Adrift - s4 premiere - will be totally done adn mastered by the end of may, with the others following soon after (it's my understanding that they are taping s4 right now)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            1. She won't because Unending happens before The Ark Of Truth

2. You're probably right
                            I was thinking about "Continuum" - so corrected. I f Sam gets promoted in AoT she'll outrank Cam in the second movie !

the turnaround isn't as long as you might think. They've already shot stuff for continuum...and i think each movie is gonna take 2-3 weeks to shoot (Not counting extra stuff like the arctic trip) then they have may, june, july and august to get it done in post. PLENTY of time.

remember they used to tape episodes in march, april and may and have them ready to air in june, july, august. and, at its most basic, the movie is just two big episodes.

I see no reason why they can't be done by this fall, especially if the episodes of s4 are gonna premier in the fall, they get the movies done first or with priority, then work on the episodes and get them done and in the can. Chances are Adrift - s4 premiere - will be totally done adn mastered by the end of may, with the others following soon after (it's my understanding that they are taping s4 right now)
                            Of course the DVD movies will probably be out before Atlantis's "Adrift" airs, but you have to take in the account at least a couple of weeks delay until the buyers actually get to buy/watch said movies...

Comment

ah, but the show likely won't take into account a delay. In their minds, their 'goal' is to manipulate you go to out on teh day it's released, buy it and watch it then (ok, watching optional but buying mandatory) and they will likely go into s4 with the presumptionthat everyone has seen the movies and if not...dude why not????

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X