This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to your roots

What made SG1 great was 4 guys (OK, 3 guys and a gal) running around the galaxy, getting into trouble and then getting out of it, with the occasional appearance of secondary characters.

Atlantis needs to find a similar formula and incorporate an over-arching metaplot (spanning more than three eps at a time please). Far be it for me to tell TPTB what to do, but IMHO they should pick a direction, a MAIN (not SOLE) protagonist and run with it,

Have a bit of faith TPTB, you've made some awesome villains...let them be...villainous!!!

Mini-rant over
    Last edited by The Suicidal Goldfish; 16 April 2007, 03:33 PM. Reason: poor grammar...it upsets me!

While I believe that the main enemy in Atlantis is the Wraith. I also like them having more than one enemy. I mean you never know what is going to happen and it keeps you on your toes.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
      While I believe that the main enemy in Atlantis is the Wraith. I also like them having more than one enemy. I mean you never know what is going to happen and it keeps you on your toes.
      I agree. I like the fact that the expedition has more than one enemy who is a real and dangerous threat to them. It definitely does keep you on the edge. However, I do wish we'd get a bit more focus on the Wraith.

The Wraith are definitely interesting villans and I'd love to get more insight into their culture. Which, hopefully we'll be getting in season 4. It'd be nice to get an arc spanning a couple of episodes, at least, that gives us those insights.

I definitely agree and think that Atlantis needs to adpot a kind of metaplot. They had that in season one with the threat of the Wraith and it kind of went out the window a bit. I do like their stand alone episodes but I would agree that an overarching plot has been missing. It could even be something that is simply in the background in episodes. Something that is a constant throne in the team's side and a driving force for everything they're doing.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Though even the stand-alone's taught us something, see The Defiant One or Hot Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          I agree. I like the fact that the expedition has more than one enemy who is a real and dangerous threat to them. It definitely does keep you on the edge. However, I do wish we'd get a bit more focus on the Wraith.

The Wraith are definitely interesting villans and I'd love to get more insight into their culture. Which, hopefully we'll be getting in season 4. It'd be nice to get an arc spanning a couple of episodes, at least, that gives us those insights.

I definitely agree and think that Atlantis needs to adpot a kind of metaplot. They had that in season one with the threat of the Wraith and it kind of went out the window a bit. I do like their stand alone episodes but I would agree that an overarching plot has been missing. It could even be something that is simply in the background in episodes. Something that is a constant throne in the team's side and a driving force for everything they're doing.
          Agreed. Also I think we will get our megaplot in season 4.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
            Though even the stand-alone's taught us something, see The Defiant One or Hot Zone.
            Absolutely. The stand-alones are definitely episodes that shouldn't be discarded.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Agreed. Also I think we will get our megaplot in season 4.
            It sure seems like we might be getting something like it. *keeps fingers crossed*

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Yeah I agree with that. With the third season the Wraith have kind of fallen off of the map. I mean they aren't even mentioned all that much anymore.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                Yeah I agree with that. With the third season the Wraith have kind of fallen off of the map. I mean they aren't even mentioned all that much anymore.
                They are just not as much and personally I like that, it's kinda what they did with the Goa'uld. They are our main enemy but there are other threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  They are just not as much and personally I like that, it's kinda what they did with the Goa'uld. They are our main enemy but there are other threats.
                  I do agree that other threats should be acknowledged, however they have left the Wraith out for quite some time. At least the Goa'uld had a slow disappearance, while the Wraith just kind of stopped showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Jester View Post
                    I do agree that other threats should be acknowledged, however they have left the Wraith out for quite some time. At least the Goa'uld had a slow disappearance, while the Wraith just kind of stopped showing up.
                    Hopefully this season will change that a little bit. At least I hope so. IMO, there is still a lot to be done with the Wraith.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's what I think on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Jester View Post
                        It has decreased but incrimentally. Season 1 had 12 eps, season 2 had 10 and season 3 had 6. now not all of those in seasons 1 and 2 were all "wraith" eps but I counted it if it had something to do with the Wraith ie Duet. I agree they need to do more with them but I like how they have introduced other threats.

Comment

Working...
                        X