X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prisoner Appreciation Thread

"I am not a number. I am a free man!"

thought i'd give it a bash since there didn't seem to be one but that could be because not many people have seen the show, i don't know.

so if you've seen the madness that is, lets hear what you think, favourite eps, moments, lines , characters and also if anyone can explain the finale episode because it makes no sense to me what-so-ever, but maybe its not supposed to, is it all in his head or what?

a great ending none the less even though escape is impossible!
    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

I loved this show, but it's been many, many years since I last saw it on tv. I can't remember too much about it now.

I did love the white balloon...I think it was called Rover, and I remember singing 'Dem Bones' in the final episode.

Hmmm, I'll have to search around my tv channels to see if it's being shown anywhere, so I can refresh my memory.
    sigpic

Comment

I borrowed the first episode from the library a few weeks ago, it was.....odd. I think I might check out the next one some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        I borrowed the first episode from the library a few weeks ago, it was.....odd. I think I might check out the next one some time.
        You should watch a few episodes, to get a general feel for the show. It's definitely different. LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Gotta love Patrick McGoohan.

Comment

I watched it as a kid when it first came out! It was one of the stranger things amongst a load of strange things that the 60's spawned!! The balloon freaked me out. It was none the less riveting as a show due to it being so odd. I will have to watch it again at some point, maybe understand a bit more of what was going on, if it is possible!!!!

I loved 'the village' it was filmed in a lovely part of Wales called Portmeirion. It always amazes me how film and tv show makers manage to find places like these!!!!

"Be seeing you!"

Comment

The best quotes are in "Free For All"-- the only episode I can't stand! Now that's ironic.

Does anyone know if the DVD sequence is broadcast order, or the smoother, evolving order that was developed later?
              Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
              X