This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The controversial epsiodes spoliers.

from joe's blog. going to use tags just in case.

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Obsessed writes: “Out of all of the episodes coming up in season four, which would you say is the most controversial??”

Answer: Hmmm. Well, I suppose controversial in different ways: Lifeline, Reunion, Doppleganger, Travelers, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, Missing, This Mortal Coil.

guess this is proof that season 4 will be darker. and no more joking around.

i truly hope so

Comment

Thats 8 of the first 10 episodes being contoversal

leaving only Adrift and Tabula Rasa
      sigpic

Comment

If it's controversial in that "Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten" way, don't bother. That whole controversial Daniel arc didn't turn out to be very controversial at all.

They got me pretty good when it comes to the events concerning the Asgard in "Unending." But really, they'll have to work pretty hard at this point to get me thinking "controversial."

Comment

I hope it gets a bit darker. I mean, I'd hate to see the series lose its charm, as I do love the show, but a more dark (and real) universe would be good.

I think they'll be able to develop a lot better than what happened with Daniel, as they did essentially have to jam that into an episode, they will actually be able to create a story line without the general constraints of having only several episodes.
          Disliked a recent episode?
          Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
          The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
            If it's controversial in that "Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten" way, don't bother. That whole controversial Daniel arc didn't turn out to be very controversial at all.

They got me pretty good when it comes to the events concerning the Asgard in "Unending." But really, they'll have to work pretty hard at this point to get me thinking "controversial."
            You have to remember that they didn't have a lot of time for Daniels arc. They kinda had to

Spoiler:
            turn him into a prior

And fix him up straight away 'cause they didn't have the episodes to expand on it

However, Atlantis on the other hand, has heeeeeeeeeaps of episode to go so they can start something controversial and keep going with it.

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
            I hope it gets a bit darker. I mean, I'd hate to see the series lose its charm, as I do love the show, but a more dark (and real) universe would be good.
            I also hope it gets darker with the occasional funny (aka McKay) ep

Comment

I like controversial episodes, but they were only one episode long in the SG past. Caldwell bacame a Goa'uld in season 2. What happened later? He was cured by Hermiod, but this event could be a minor arc for 2-3 episode. I hope that every character will have more controversial scenes and the writers won't push the reset button at the end of episode. For example: If someone begin to hate or love McKay in the team (Trinity), than he/she should continue this behaviour toward him for episodes and they will be reconciled later. I would like to see more feeling in the episodes next to the discoveries, funny sentences and fight. BUT! I don't want the Atlantis to be BSG v2.0. Keep the SG legacy, combine Atlantis with BSG (better character scenes) or Babylon5 (bigger discoveries, more political connection between races, planned metaplot for seasons). I think they made a good job in the S10 of SG-1, so if they can make S4 of Atlantis as good or better, I will be happy.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

For some odd reason, I'd really like JM to define what he thinks is 'controversial' as I've noticed over the years that TPTB have different definitions of words than fans do

It's like when JM said that certain episodes were 'dark,' and I watched those episodes, and they weren't dark by say, fan standards. So, I'd like his definition of 'dark' too Sorry, just skeptical....

Comment

So, I'm wondering if the new season is going to be the

a- "Archer strands an alien crew in the expanse" kind of dark

b- "Baltar betrays the colonies while laughing wildly" kind of dark

c- "Ba'al kills O'Neill repeatedly, keeping the knife as a keepsake" kind of dark

d- "Spock has a goatee and assassinates people" kind of dark

Now, if only TPTB could clear that up for us...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    For some odd reason, I'd really like JM to define what he thinks is 'controversial' as I've noticed over the years that TPTB have different definitions of words than fans do

It's like when JM said that certain episodes were 'dark,' and I watched those episodes, and they weren't dark by say, fan standards. So, I'd like his definition of 'dark' too Sorry, just skeptical....
                    The Michael storyline (2x18 Michael) was really dark and they continued it in the first half of the season 3. After Return they began to make stand alones with cool special effects, but the whole season became "light" again. No real metaplot, no character development. Everbody like everybody etc. The Asurans disappeared for episodes, the Wraith weren't scarry at all. We don't know enough about them. Submersion and Vengeance could be darker episode, but the whole magic has gone, when Sheppard made movie references. I feel the forget sometimes their own sentences:

"Piece of advice... if you're going to rip something off, think of something a little more obscure." - 200

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment." - 200

"I was hoping for another day. It looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it." - Rising
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I've always wanted to see Stargate get a darker, more serious tone if only for a short while. Hopefully Joe isn't just exaggerating. They completely gimped up the "dark" Daniel arc, don't want another repeat.

I'm not talking the "making bad decisions" type of "dark" that Season 2-3 had some real trouble with. I want to see more of the Ethon/Other Side brand of it.

Comment

Originally posted by geewillie86 View Post
                        So, I'm wondering if the new season is going to be the

a- "Archer strands an alien crew in the expanse" kind of dark

b- "Baltar betrays the colonies while laughing wildly" kind of dark

c- "Ba'al kills O'Neill repeatedly, keeping the knife as a keepsake" kind of dark

d- "Spock has a goatee and assassinates people" kind of dark

Now, if only TPTB could clear that up for us...
                        Bwhahaha! Thanks for a good laugh. Let's hope they DON'T rip off those storylines.

oh wait, dark storylines... .they're saving on teh budget by cutting back on lighting. people are stumbling around in the dark....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          oh wait, dark storylines... .they're saving on teh budget by cutting back on lighting. people are stumbling around in the dark....
                          ROFL ... great! So now the story can go something like this: the power goes out in Atlantis and McKay has to .... Wait, isn't that already a weekly occurance?

Darker episodes are great but I definitely hope they don't loose that sense of humour that makes Stargate, Stargate. But Atlantis has always been a little more appealing to me because of it's darker side. So I'm definitely interested when I hear that this is apparently being explored.

I also think it's easy to throw out words like darker, gritty, edgy or controversial. It's not as easy to actually make those things translate from page to screen.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post

The original plan was for it to last something like 6 eps. However they obviously couldn't continue with DJ/MS being away for all those eps once the cancellation came around. Hence it was cut down right to the bare minimum.

That's what I'd like to know as well! I kept on hearing for the back half of S2 that it was dark this & dark that. When probably only 'Michael' could really be termed that way. I think the writers definition of dark & the fans definition of dark are two entirely different things comepletely!

So don't expect any of them to be classed anywhere near what I'd consider as being dark.

For instance, I have a feeling they'll bring back Beckett (even if only briefly) via the Michael angle. For instance, They'd have an opportunity to have him be one of Michaels experiments, where he must now take the retro-virus himself daily to stop him becoming a Wraith.

This creates a darkness around the team & expedition members, where he'll be an outsider, everybody wondering if they can trust him, if he'll turn bad & feed on them etc, etc. Instead, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back, a little teeny bit of drama & bang, everything goes on like it never even happened.

If spoilers about the Rodnet spark of life stuff are true, I honestly don't see that lasting beyond an ep or 2 either, before the big 'Reset' button gets hit again & he's back to his old neurotic self again.

Hope if they're wanting these eps to be dark, then they actually stick to that & do so!

Comment

I am really looking foward to season 4. I am going to be disecting every episode so I can try to find any foreshadowing I can find regarding Carson!

Comment

Working...
                              X