• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Dilation Field Math

Stargate Atlantis

Epiphany

'Time Dilation Field Math'

Hi ... I just watched the "Epiphany" Episode...
    I had a question about some math.

3 seconds [Outside] to 720 Seconds [Inside] (12 Minutes) or a Ratio of …
    1 / 240

Did they say Sheppard was only in for 2 hours [Outside] to 480 hours [Inside] or 20 days? I also heard Months ... ?

any Thoughts ... I have to admit I am abit confused?

Thanks ... Jef

P.S. I am upgrading my math so I am trying to apply it to real circumstances or in lieu of that … Sci-Fi!
    Last edited by Jef; 18 April 2007, 03:14 PM.

Originally posted by Jef View Post
    Stargate Atlantis

Epiphany

'Time Dilation Field Math'

Hi ... I just watched the "Epiphany" Episode...
    I had a question about some math.

3 seconds [Outside] to 720 Seconds [Inside] (12 Minutes) or a Ratio of …
    1 / 240

Did they say Sheppard was only in for 2 hours [Outside] to 480 hours [Inside] or 20 days? I also heard Months ... ?

any Thoughts ... ?

Thanks ... Jef

P.S. I am upgrading my math so I am trying to apply it to real circumstances or in lieu of that … Sci-Fi!
    Hmm.. Sheppard said he'd been waiting for 6 months, so there has to be a plothole.. again..

Comment

didn't teyla say something different...?

Comment

hmmm... that could be a plot hole, or maybe sheppard was just exaggerating about the 6 months thing. and this might sound really stupid, but... can there be some sort of warping in the field? say the closer you are to the power source the slower time goes bye, so in the town it would be more of like 1:1000??? while at the door it was the 1:240???
        Last edited by crudelius; 16 April 2007, 03:03 AM. Reason: speling, lawlz

Comment

Originally posted by crudelius View Post
          hmmm... that could be a plot hole, or maybe sheppard was just exaggerating about the 6 months thing. and this might sound really stupid, but... can there be some sort of warping in the field? say the closer you are to the power source the slower time goes bye, so in the town it would be more of like 1:1000??? while at the door it was the 1:240???
          I doubt that it would have been built that way. Most likely Sheppard was exaggerating as he is a laid back person and likely to do so

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by crudelius View Post
            I began to think that the time ratio could be different only in the cave, in order to ease the effects of the entrance gate..

Comment

Working...
            X