PDA

View Full Version : The 'This Mortal Coil' pre-airing discussion and speculation thread (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2007, 05:24 PM
New Episode title has been revealed on Joe Mallozzi's Blog (15/04/07)

This episode is most likely the first part of the mid season two parter and has been described by Mallozzi as very different from other 2 parters so far on Atlantis.

It has been described by Joe Mallozzi as being Weir focused

PG15
April 15th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Well, technically, he said that it is an episode "fans should be looking forward to most for [Weir]"

Not quite the same as it'll be focused on her.

Geral
April 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
If you look up "This mortal Coil" it could easily be a Shakespearean reference and there is an online stanza from here:

http://shakespeare.about.com/od/studentresources/a/tobeornot.htm

Various sources point out the meaning of that is to die... and about.com says,

"Definition: to separate from one's body (mortal coil = body)."

So... if that definition holds up they may be possibly* finishing off Weir in some way? I'm thinking she'll be ascended because she is an expert on it and I don't think she'll recover from her wounds.

Criticism? :(

PG15
April 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Weir isn't going anywhere. Joe has said that they never intended for the character to be gone for good.

Uber
April 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Actually the episode is titled "This Mortal Coil"...so you should probably update the thread title accordingly.

PG15
April 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I already sent a message to the mods. :)

SallyLizzie
April 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Dug this up from JM's blog, posted a week or so ago.

Apparently, the script elves have abandoned me as no progress has been made on the first part of the mid-season two-parter since Tuesday’s creative outburst. I stalled out on page twenty-five - not so coincidentally, the scene in which the team seeks the explanation to a stunning revelation. This, of course, would be followed by the scene in which the team privately comes to term with said revelation. Tough, tough scenes in which I have to reveal…

…not only fact A and fact B, but the how’s and why’s of B which ultimately segue into A’s uncertain relationship with C and D’s ultimate fate.

Uber
April 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I see the title of the thread has changed...but it's still wrong.

THIS Mortal Coil.

:)

Stranded On Earth
April 15th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hey, isn't this the episode in which Carson is supposed to make his reappearence..??

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Hey, isn't this the episode in which Carson is supposed to make his reappearence..??
nope he'll be back later in the season

Stranded On Earth
April 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Upps..

Platschu
April 16th, 2007, 03:07 AM
This Mortal Coil and Tabula Rasha is the same episode? Did JM rename it?

SazZat
April 16th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Dug this up from JM's blog, posted a week or so ago.

I totally forgot about that. JM has been discussing this ep for ages and I sort of overlooked it. I will need to have a think about it a bit more now.

I'm starting to get some theories about it now. It's become a lot more interesting now that I know it's an episode that Elizabeth is going to be in because:
1) they wouldn't bring her back for an episode unless it was really interesting and important
2) if Elizabeth has a mentionable role in this episode, then my view is that the mid-season 2 parter will be concerning the replicators rather than the wraith. I see the replicators now as Elizabeth's sort of personal enemy story.

SazZat
April 16th, 2007, 03:45 AM
If you look up "This mortal Coil" it could easily be a Shakespearean reference and there is an online stanza from here:

So... if that definition holds up they may be possibly* finishing off Weir in some way? I'm thinking she'll be ascended because she is an expert on it and I don't think she'll recover from her wounds.

Criticism? :(

OK I just had another idea and it can link into your idea sort of. I think you are on the right lines in a way, but the outcome wouldn't be so tragic.

1) So I'm still gonna say this is a replicator episode.
2) The definition does seem to mean something very simular to ascending. We know the replicators are obsessed with wanting to ascend.
3) You are right in saying Elizabeth is an expert on ascending.
4) Put all that together and we get a story focussing more on the replicators desire to ascend. I'm already thinking that the replicators will have something to do with Elizabeth's disappearance in early season 4 episodes, which could link to the poem line 'One of our own the enemy courts', because the replicators need Elizabeth in order to learn how to ascend.
5) This also gives her a big part to play in the episode, without it being centric to her character.

And that is how the about.com definition, that sounds simular to ascending, links to Elizabeth, without her being the one who actually ascends.

...and that is all I have for now.

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 05:05 AM
OK I just had another idea and it can link into your idea sort of. I think you are on the right lines in a way, but the outcome wouldn't be so tragic.

2) The definition does seem to mean something very simular to ascending. We know the replicators are obsessed with wanting to ascend.
4) Put all that together and we get a story focussing more on the replicators desire to ascend. I'm already thinking that the replicators will have something to do with Elizabeth's disappearance in early season 4 episodes, which could link to the poem line 'One of our own the enemy courts', because the replicators need Elizabeth in order to learn how to ascend.
5) This also gives her a big part to play in the episode, without it being centric to her character.

And that is how the about.com definition, that sounds simular to ascending, links to Elizabeth, without her being the one who actually ascends.

I don't think the replicators need Elizabeth in order to learn how to ascend. Other than that, Weir will have important part in this episode for sure. But I'd have to say that I don't think it's a replicator story, or at least not the ones we know of. ( We to take under consideration that there are nine episodes before This Mortal Coil, and remember they're supposed to have been drifting for at least 24 hours before they found a new place to settle in the PG.) So maybe the bad guys in this ep are similar to the one we used to know, but definately not the same. Sure there aren't 100 types of replicators, but who knows. Just my two cents.

garhkal
April 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM

I find your logic on this very well thought out...

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
This Mortal Coil - reference to Shakespeare, who is referring to the death of a character but, to all intents and purposes, the 'soul' carrying on.

We know that Weir is in this ep.

We know Weir disappears for most of the season.

We know Weir is an expert (OK, not an 'expert' but pretty darn close) on ascension.

Well, that's my 2 cents...

prion
April 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM
An old phrase is 'shuffling off this mortal coil' which means to die, so can't stay I'm too thrilled if they're going to kill off anyone, but so far, with just a title, not really enough to even speculate on...

Agent_Dark
April 16th, 2007, 03:44 PM
RepliWeir

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 03:46 PM
RepliWeir

RepliCarter helping RepliWeir :D :p ;)

Agent_Dark
April 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM
RepliCarter helping RepliWeir :D :p ;)

:D

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 03:51 PM
:D

Hehehe, that could be fun. Lol, we could have repliCatfights :D ;)

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 16th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Ahhhh, RepliCarter....so under-used....

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Ahhhh, RepliCarter....so under-used....

Now's the chance episode to change that little fact :D :p ;)

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hey, Mallozzi!

NO-ONE'S EVER DEAD IN SCI-FI!

Forget Carson, we want RepliCarter!

Agent_Dark
April 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hey, Mallozzi!

NO-ONE'S EVER DEAD IN SCI-FI!

Forget Carson, we want RepliCarter!
Save RepliCarter campaign! Email the studios! Harass JM about it! We can do it! SRC starts here!

Iguana775
April 16th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Since when was Weir an expert on ascension? Did I miss something?

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Save RepliCarter campaign! Email the studios! Harass JM about it! We can do it! SRC starts here!

LMAO! SRC should have its own thread, just like SDK's lol :p

Steve_the_Wraith
April 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Since when was Weir an expert on ascension? Did I miss something?

She isn't. She admitted asmuch in "Tao of Rodney", when she sought Sheperds advice on it.

But she knows more than most I suppose, but I don't think she's anywhere close to an expert on Ascension

If I were the Asurans I'd be more interested in McKay, he came as close as anyone has to Ascension and survived (escluding those who actually ascended and Daniel Jackson). Maybe in this episode the Asurans want to disect McKay's brain lol

garhkal
April 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Dissect it while he is consious.... :anubis: :anubis:

Wormhole
April 19th, 2007, 01:45 PM
This Mortal Coil - reference to Shakespeare, who is referring to the death of a character but, to all intents and purposes, the 'soul' carrying on.

We know that Weir is in this ep.

We know Weir disappears for most of the season.

We know Weir is an expert (OK, not an 'expert' but pretty darn close) on ascension.

Well, that's my 2 cents...

Is that confirmed then?

PG15
April 19th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Huh, I guess I forgot to add this little news tidbit from Joe's blog yesterday:

4:30 p.m.: James and Tom pop in for an impromptu meeting with Paul and I, looking ahead to possible builds for the next few episodes. No major construction for The Seer, but we will marry some of the exterior scenes from this episode to the This Mortal Coil shoot. James and Tom also pitch out how they’d like to pull off the “horrific reveal” at script’s end. I love it!

the dancer of spaz
April 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM

This is good! I wondered if the "one of our own the enemy courts" applied to Weir because of the replicators. I think this could be a really cool mid-season two-parter. :)

mcpickles
April 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM

:(

Actually, it's "shuffling off this mortal coil" that means to separate from one's body, not just "mortal coil" by itself. But that still could be the context that the writers mean. I hope not, though!

As for the enemy courting one of the team (spoilers for another S4 ep)
Isn't there supposed to be a storyline about Teyla connecting more with the Wraith? I thought that they were going to do something along the lines of her being tempted by the dark side

belanna30
April 20th, 2007, 06:36 PM
To be honest, the line from the poem:

"One of our own the enemy courts" I thought maybe a Teyla/Michael thing.

However, I love the thought of the Asurans being Elizabeth's personal nemesis. With her interest/obsession with the Ancients, the Asurans are the perfect evil foil for that. I think I'll go with that. . . . Something having to do with the replicators returning. That I can believe.

However, beyond that. . . . No idea. No guesses even.

scifan
April 30th, 2007, 07:02 AM
This Mortal Coil and Tabula Rasha is the same episode? Did JM rename it?

This is a website I found a long time ago. It seems pretty accuate. And for last season, the dates matched with UK airing. I was lucky enough to watch the eppies earlier than sci-fi airing because someone posted them on youtube. I don't have the sci-fi channel yet, finacial reasons. So it was nice to see on YT. Tabula Rasha, which I believe mean to begin again, start with a clean slate, is supposely ep. #8 and This Mortal Coil is #10. I hope that helped
http:/uk.imbd.com

:teyla: :sheppard:

scifan
April 30th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I know this is not about " This Mortal Coil", I think I have more info on Tabula Rasa. In JM's poem he has a line that is referring to it. "With a change of location all will forget". Maybe they move to a new location to run from the Wraith. Sorry, just had to share that.

Sasso
April 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Season 4 is definitely looking better than we expected. I just hope they don't kill off/ascend etc anymore characters.

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM
Hehehe, that could be fun. Lol, we could have repliCatfights :D ;)

LOL Replicarte vs RepliWeir VS RepliCarson!

All hail the USAF
May 1st, 2007, 08:39 AM
I have a therory...

What if Carson failed to disable all the nano-bots in Weir when she was infected the first time...of maybe they could have been reactivated when the Replicators took Atlantis and they've been slowly re-replicating in her?

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
I have a therory...

What if Carson failed to disable all the nano-bots in Weir when she was infected the first time...of maybe they could have been reactivated when the Replicators took Atlantis and they've been slowly re-replicating in her?

Hmm now that's an interesting twist, I like it!

Ltcolshepjumper
May 1st, 2007, 12:40 PM
I have a therory...

Best theory I've seen.

vaberella
May 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
I have a therory...

Hmmm...does this mean I have to sit through TRW part II? Cause I don't know if I can survive that. :D Oh right, right, right, I just remembered. This isn't about Weir, she's just playing a role in the arc that's going on here...right?

And with this "re-replicating" that would mean she's a walking nano-virus...do you think she'd be able to spread it? Since they said there was a chance in TRW?

the dancer of spaz
May 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Hmmm...does this mean I have to sit through TRW part II? Cause I don't know if I can survive that. :D Oh right, right, right, I just remembered. This isn't about Weir, she's just playing a role in the arc that's going on here...right?

And with this "re-replicating" that would mean she's a walking nano-virus...do you think she'd be able to spread it? Since they said there was a chance in TRW?

I hope Weir is more than just an ordinary player in the arc, mainly because I would like to see more of her next season. This episode seems to be the perfect opportunity for that.

All Hail has a pretty cool theory going. And if it's possible to spread it, maybe she's been in containment all this time? Or will be contained for a period of time?

If the government and IOA plan on turning against her, leaving the SGC with no option but to let them do to her what they want, I hope it's addressed by the main characters.

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 04:22 PM

Well I loved that ep so no complaints here if they go that route.

scifi_lemon
May 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Weir isn't going anywhere. Joe has said that they never intended for the character to be gone for good.

I think that Weir's probably gonna die and ascend. She wouldn't be 'gone for good' because like they always say, no one is ever truely dead in scifi. I like the theory of the nanites replicating inside Weir though. Great plot twist.

Suzotchka
May 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think that Weir's probably gonna die and ascend. She wouldn't be 'gone for good' because like they always say, no one is ever truely dead in scifi. I like the theory of the nanites replicating inside Weir though. Great plot twist.

JM has said that she doesn't ascend. But, I think that's how Carson will come back. :)

scifi_lemon
May 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM
JM has said that she doesn't ascend. But, I think that's how Carson will come back. :)

*theory goes down the drain* uh, I knew that. :weiranime32: Doesn't JM say that Carson doesn't ascend either? Aw forget it. We can dream, right? ;)

mcbarr
May 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hmm, I suspect this episode has something to do with this:

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/617/taopa7.jpg
Scene from Tao of Rodney

I could be wrong, though.

scifi_lemon
May 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
I think so too. Definitely has to do with ascension or something to do with the instant-ascension machine in Tao of Rodney.

This Mortal Coil just sounds like ascension, imho.

Irish Eyes
May 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM

Ditto. For the moment, I think this is the last episode they've confirmed Elizabeth will be in so whatever they start here, I hope they continue to address it in the back half of the season. With more Elizabeth of course!

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ditto. For the moment, I think this is the last episode they've confirmed Elizabeth will be in so whatever they start here, I hope they continue to address it in the back half of the season. With more Elizabeth of course!

It'd be nice.

vaberella
May 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
I hope Weir is more than just an ordinary player in the arc, mainly because I woud like to see more of her next season. This episode seems to be the perfect opportunity for that.

All Hail has a pretty cool theory going. And if it's possible to spread it, maybe she's been in containment all this time? Or will be contained for a period of time?

If the government and IOA plan on turning against her, leaving the SGC with no option but to let them do to her what they want, I hope it's addressed by the main characters.

You see, I'v had many complaints about Weir in the past, and I don't see this idea helping her at all. She would just be there, but in a glass casing (so to speak) like sleeping beauty. It gives noting to the character. TRW didn't do that much at all for the character either, besides us getting an idea of her life before Atlantis. But as for something really dynamic?! Nada. This is unfortunately the reason why Critical Mass is the best ep for her development. And that last line just gets me more disappointed because really everyone is around Weir, than Weir herself. She just sounds like a non-entity and adds a bit of drama to the plot (even if that), while the real story is on the outside amongst the main cast.

It's unfortunate, since I really wanted to get something from it, but I found it boring as hell. Really, the only thing I got from it all was that Weir has a crush on Jack and I think they make a great couple besides Jack/Daniel. Down with S/J!! [I look upon in wonder as a sea of S/J fans prepare for my demise. :D] As a matter of fact if there was a show with just those two getting together, I would tune in! I found The Return Pt. II just reinforced it. :D

sparkygate
May 2nd, 2007, 04:12 AM
I thought this was the episode when

telya annoces her pregnancy and stuff

BUT

if this is a weir episode im looking forward too :cameron:

scifan
May 2nd, 2007, 04:28 AM
*theory goes down the drain* uh, I knew that. :weiranime32: Doesn't JM say that Carson doesn't ascend either? Aw forget it. We can dream, right? ;)

We do see Carson talking to Rodney at the end of Sunday, but we also see them taking a casket across the gate. When Daniel acended his body diappeared.
From JM's blog:
From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Carson Beckett's return
If he did ascend, he would still have to follow the rules,but can still hope that he breaks them and comes back like Daniel(and how many times did he do that?;) )

Wormhole
May 2nd, 2007, 05:46 AM
We do see Carson talking to Rodney at the end of Sunday, but we also see them taking a casket across the gate. When Daniel acended his body diappeared.
From JM's blog:
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Carson Beckett's return
If he did ascend, he would still have to follow the rules,but can still hope that he breaks them and comes back like Daniel(and how many times did he do that?;) )

I reckon the Carson killed was a clone. Placed in by Michael since the beginning of season 3.

mcbarr
May 2nd, 2007, 06:17 AM
I reckon the Carson killed was a clone. Placed in by Michael since the beginning of season 3.

Interesting. I've always accepted this theory the other way around to avoid potential plot holes.

I mean, the real Carson was killed in Sunday, and the clone (created with genetic material collected in Misbegotten) is the one who will actually show up next season.

If not, people will start asking how and with what equipment Michael cloned Beckett so fast in Misbegotten, how he managed to transfer Beckett's memories to his clone and on and on.

scifi_lemon
May 2nd, 2007, 07:20 AM
From JM's blog:

When someone dies that close to an explosion, I don't think that there would be much of a body left, even if he didn't ascend. The coffin could have been empty but still used out of respect. Who knows how many times Daniel's died and come back? All we know is, it's a lot :D Maybe Carson will become SGA's Daniel! Or not...;)

scifan
May 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
When someone dies that close to an explosion, I don't think that there would be much of a body left, even if he didn't ascend. The coffin could have been empty but still used out of respect. Who knows how many times Daniel's died and come back? All we know is, it's a lot :D Maybe Carson will become SGA's Daniel! Or not...;)

Maybe it was to simply send his personal things home to his family?;)

scifi_lemon
May 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
Maybe it was to simply send his personal things home to his family?;)

Well, we saw Rodney boxing his stuff up, but not how it got back to Earth... :lol:

the dancer of spaz
May 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
You see, I'v had many complaints about Weir in the past, and I don't see this idea helping her at all. She would just be there, but in a glass casing (so to speak) like sleeping beauty. It gives noting to the character. TRW didn't do that much at all for the character either, besides us getting an idea of her life before Atlantis. But as for something really dynamic?! Nada. This is unfortunately the reason why Critical Mass is the best ep for her development. And that last line just gets me more disappointed because really everyone is around Weir, than Weir herself. She just sounds like a non-entity and adds a bit of drama to the plot (even if that), while the real story is on the outside amongst the main cast.

Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it, sure. However, as has been the case since SG-1 started, "good character development" is a rather subjective term. It varies from fan to fan. One person's version of boredom is another's favorite episode.

You're right... Anything's possible, and certainly she could end up being like Sleeping Beauty, while the rest of the story progresses around her. However, no matter what the reasons are behind her being kept away from Atlantis, there's bound to be a deeper issue for Weir. She will be affected by this change, and no doubt she'll react to it. And I have no doubt that we'll see her further develop and interact with the other Atlantis characters when she's there. That's why I'm looking forward to TMC. It'll be a great opportunity to see just how deeply she's been affected by being away from the others.

I agree that, in the case of something like TRW, she was developed away from the other characters. But I think that was more along the lines of production and execution than anything else. There doesn't have to be non-stop action for us to find revelations about a character, or to see them grow. :)

SazZat
May 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Hmm, I suspect this episode has something to do with this:

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/617/taopa7.jpg
Scene from Tao of Rodney

I could be wrong, though.

OMG yay!

OK...yeah so like a lot of the theories I have revolve around this machine. My mum has even gone as far as saying I should send it fanmail :rolleyes: I told her how very witty :mckay:

Anyway I'm not really sure how this would fit into this episode, but I do think it will have something to do with Elizabeth in the first 2 episodes.
Also my theory about how Carson comes back is linked to that machine as well, but that's for another thread.

I like all the speculation going on in here. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a replicator episode. I think the Asurans/Nanites have almost become Elizabeth's personal enemy so that is how I see this episode linking to her.
Not sure in what way though. I'm sure it will be good. The 'Hot Zone > Progent > The Real World' arc is one of my favourite story arcs in the whole of Stargate. Really loved it. I love the replicators as well. I know some people aren't keen on the Asurans, but I really do love them. Kickass.

I'm thinking if this is a recurrent of the nanites attacking Elizabeth then it will be interesting to see the story that comes out of it, because it would have to be different in order to stay fresh from TRW...and I doubt TPTB will do anything that could also resemble the RepliCarter story (even though I loved that arc, I'd rather not see it again).
I'd like to see Elizabeth take a dark turn or something. Put the team in a difficult position of whether they try to save maybe what's left of Elizabeth or if they have to treat her as the enemy.

Other than that, I've got nothing other than what I've already posted on the first page of this thread.

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
I thought this was the episode when

telya annoces her pregnancy and stuff

BUT

if this is a weir episode im looking forward too :cameron:

no that's the seer.

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
OMG yay!

OK...yeah so like a lot of the theories I have revolve around this machine. My mum has even gone as far as saying I should send it fanmail :rolleyes: I told her how very witty :mckay:

Anyway I'm not really sure how this would fit into this episode, but I do think it will have something to do with Elizabeth in the first 2 episodes.
Also my theory about how Carson comes back is linked to that machine as well, but that's for another thread.

I like all the speculation going on in here. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a replicator episode. I think the Asurans/Nanites have almost become Elizabeth's personal enemy so that is how I see this episode linking to her.
Not sure in what way though. I'm sure it will be good. The 'Hot Zone > Progent > The Real World' arc is one of my favourite story arcs in the whole of Stargate. Really loved it. I love the replicators as well. I know some people aren't keen on the Asurans, but I really do love them. Kickass.

I'm thinking if this is a recurrent of the nanites attacking Elizabeth then it will be interesting to see the story that comes out of it, because it would have to be different in order to stay fresh from TRW...and I doubt TPTB will do anything that could also resemble the RepliCarter story (even though I loved that arc, I'd rather not see it again).
I'd like to see Elizabeth take a dark turn or something. Put the team in a difficult position of whether they try to save maybe what's left of Elizabeth or if they have to treat her as the enemy.

Other than that, I've got nothing other than what I've already posted on the first page of this thread.

Thats a very good theory, I can't wait to see this it sounds like a great mid season 2 parter.

Major_Moomin
May 3rd, 2007, 03:24 AM
no that's the seer.

Hmm. It doesn't say that she announces her pregnancy in 'The Seer', just that the seer himself confronts Teyla about it and that she hasn't told the expedition yet. She may reveal it in that episode or she may reveal it during 'This Mortal Coil'. It remains to be seen :)

Mitchell82
May 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hmm. It doesn't say that she announces her pregnancy in 'The Seer', just that the seer himself confronts Teyla about it and that she hasn't told the expedition yet. She may reveal it in that episode or she may reveal it during 'This Mortal Coil'. It remains to be seen :)

Hmm good point. She could anounce it in any episode.

scifi_lemon
May 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM

Hmm... never noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out!

scifi_lemon
May 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM
A small update from JM's blog:

The following sets are going to be used in 'This Mortal Coil'

Control room, gym, Brig, and hallways in that order.

I think that's pretty interesting. Someone/thing is going to be locked up and escape maybe? Hense a chase through the hallways? Of course, I could jsut be nick-picky and this could mean nothing. But, it's out there. ;)

belanna30
May 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
On the Shep/Weir Ship forum, they also mentioned balcony.

Sorry, thought I should add that.

Alipeeps
May 4th, 2007, 08:51 PM

Except for this photo of her alive and well in a jumper with the team in Lifeline...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/Lifeline/LifelineFilming2.jpg

Huh, I guess I forgot to add this little news tidbit from Joe's blog yesterday:

4:30 p.m.: James and Tom pop in for an impromptu meeting with Paul and I, looking ahead to possible builds for the next few episodes. No major construction for The Seer, but we will marry some of the exterior scenes from this episode to the This Mortal Coil shoot. James and Tom also pitch out how they’d like to pull off the “horrific reveal” at script’s end. I love it!

I read that comment as the horrific reveal bein at the end of The Seer. He is talking about construction for The Seer, mentions as an aside that they can combine some of the exterior scenes for the ep with some from This Mortal Coil, and then continues by mentioning the horrific reveal. Maybe I'm misreading it but I thought he was talking generally about The Seer here (especially as he referred to possible builds for the next few episodes... This Mortal Coil is episode 10 whereas The Seer is, I think, ep 6? so fall more into the range of "next few")?

This is good! I wondered if the "one of our own the enemy courts" applied to Weir because of the replicators. I think this could be a really cool mid-season two-parter. :)

My thinking is that that line, "One of our own the enemy courts" refers to Reunion. I've read some pretty specific spoilers that certainly fit that description....

the dancer of spaz
May 4th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Except for this photo of her alive and well in a jumper with the team in Lifeline...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/Lifeline/LifelineFilming2.jpg

This is definitely an interesting picture, for many reasons. Mainly because...

... I was always under the assumption that it was Weir's injuries that kept her from leading Atlantis. And, unless this is a flashback or AU of some sort, it wouldn't make sense for her to be recovered by the second episode of the season...

Lifeline is in line as the second ep, right?

My thinking is that that line, "One of our own the enemy courts" refers to Reunion. I've read some pretty specific spoilers that certainly fit that description....

Ohhh... I've read some spoilers, too. Are you talking about...

... Ronon and those new characters,Tyre and Are? They seem potentially shady from what I've read.

Alipeeps
May 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM
This is definitely an interesting picture, for many reasons. Mainly because...

... I was always under the assumption that it was Weir's injuries that kept her from leading Atlantis. And, unless this is a flashback or AU of some sort, it wouldn't make sense for her to be recovered by the second episode of the season...

Yup. It's a real puzzler, for sure...

Ohhh... I've read some spoilers, too. Are you talking about...

... Ronon and those new characters,Tyre and Are? They seem potentially shady from what I've read.

Yup. The spoilers I've read make it pretty clear that:

Spoilers for Reunion:a) Tyre and co are "courting" Ronon, trying to get him to leave the Atlantis crew and join them; and
b) Tyre and co very definitely turn out to be "the enemy"!

scifi_lemon
May 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
On the Shep/Weir Ship forum, they also mentioned balcony.

Sorry, thought I should add that.

No problem. Add away ;)

the dancer of spaz
May 4th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Spoilers for Reunion:a) Tyre and co are "courting" Ronon, trying to get him to leave the Atlantis crew and join them; and

OK, yeah, there's definitely that vibe in the spoilers. It looks like you might be right. :)

Mitchell82
May 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Yup. It's a real puzzler, for sure...

Yeah it is a puzzler, unless she wasnt as gravely injured as she seemed. Though we have seen characters get injured and be fine within two eps before.

Sasso
May 5th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Where do you get all this info. Like the pic of the jumper from lifeline and JMs blog etc.

SazZat
May 5th, 2007, 03:49 AM

My feelings on this is that maybe the ancient machine that zapped Rodney in ToR has something to do with it. It gave Rodney powers to heal people...That is the thought I have anyway. And Lifeline would refer to someone saving/healing Weir maybe with the healing powers.
That is the only possible explanation I could come up with, other than it being AU or flashback.

Oh and because I am a complete and total sad act with no life, I have this:

Unknown scene: 1, 2
Control room: 3
Unknown scene: 5, 6, 7, 8
Gym: 9
Unknown scene: 10, 11
Corridor: 12
Unknown scene: 13
Corridor: 14
Unknown scene: 15, 16
Control room: 17
Corridor: 18
Control room: 19
Corridor: 20
Control room: 21, 22
Unknown scene: 23
Control room: 24
Unknown scene: 25
Balcony: 26
Unknown scene: 27, 28, 29, 30
Conference room: 31
Unknown scene: 32, 33
Brig: 34
Unknown scene: 35
Brig: 36
Unknown scene: 37, 38, 39
Control room: 40
Unknown scene: 41
Control room: 42
Unknown scene: 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
Control room: 49

That is how the episode will run according to all the info that I got off the layout sheets.

Alipeeps
May 5th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Where do you get all this info. Like the pic of the jumper from lifeline and JMs blog etc.

The pic of the jumper from Lifeline is from JM's blog - http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

Wormhole
May 5th, 2007, 08:12 AM
The picture is no flashback because you can see the scaring on both Rodney and (Ronon check right shoulder) from the First Strike incident. I think what ever happens to Weir in Lifeline happens during or after this scene.

rarocks24
May 5th, 2007, 08:13 AM
My feelings on this is that maybe the ancient machine that zapped Rodney in ToR has something to do with it. It gave Rodney powers to heal people...That is the thought I have anyway. And Lifeline would refer to someone saving/healing Weir maybe with the healing powers.
That is the only possible explanation I could come up with, other than it being AU or flashback.

That is how the episode will run according to all the info that I got off the layout sheets.

So, a good half of the episode is going to be shot in the Control Room? Hmm...

Mitchell82
May 5th, 2007, 10:20 AM
The picture is no flashback because you can see the scaring on both Rodney and (Ronon check right shoulder) from the First Strike incident. I think what ever happens to Weir in Lifeline happens during or after this scene.

Most likely, and who knows what the extent of her injuries are. We don't see much of her so she could be scared we just can't see it.

scifi_lemon
May 5th, 2007, 11:16 AM

With a considerable amount of time spent in the corridors and control room, it makes me think that something's loose in the city and they capture it at the end hense the Brig set for scenes 34 an 36. Just my opinion though.

Starxgate
May 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
What if they take a chance & use the machine in Tao Of Rodney to "Heal" Elizabeth & it works & everything may seem fine but slowly & surely she starts becoming evil or something & the team starts to realize this & they "contain" her & then Weir escapes

SazZat
May 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
With a considerable amount of time spent in the corridors and control room, it makes me think that something's loose in the city and they capture it at the end hense the Brig set for scenes 34 an 36. Just my opinion though.

That is what I was thinking.
But also there are a lot of missing scenes so I'm thinking maybe some sort of space battle again involving either the Daedalus or the new ship. Hence why so much time in the control room.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is 2 separate stories going on at once really. One for the corridors and brig and one for the control room and the unknown scenes.

What if they take a chance & use the machine in Tao Of Rodney to "Heal" Elizabeth & it works & everything may seem fine but slowly & surely she starts becoming evil or something & the team starts to realize this & they "contain" her & then Weir escapes

That's a good theory.
I maybe wouldn't go with evil as much...maybe a bit confused/psychotic or something. Evil in that sense, so that their is a lot of angst and conflict over how they handle the situation.
Maybe it won't be to do with the machine. Perhaps something to do with the Asurans...simular to TRW they get in her head but this time they are trying to control her and use her in the city rather than kill her.

Sasso
May 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Argh. Why is Weir in only 4 episodes. Leave the characters how they were and dont change anything!

Jeyla4ever
May 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
What if Weir's plot from Before I Sleep is somehow tied into this story arc?

Weir has been around the Ancients, what if...what if she was Ancient all along..or what if they "take" her back with them.....

I haven't read most of the postings in here, so sorry if I"m getting ahead of myself here...but I think this is going to be one hell of an episode....

Suzotchka
May 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Here's one of my theories on Weir Now that we have the knowledge of the Asgard, when Carter comes to Atlantis maybe she heals Weir with the Goa'uld healing device (which we haven't seen in ages though) or maybe Weir is somehow 'healed' with Asgard technology/"medicine"

the dancer of spaz
May 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Here's one of my theories on Weir Now that we have the knowledge of the Asgard, when Carter comes to Atlantis maybe she heals Weir with the Goa'uld healing device (which we haven't seen in ages though) or maybe Weir is somehow 'healed' with Asgard technology/"medicine"

I'm thinking (and hoping) the latter, mainly because

you're right, we haven't seen that in ages, but the time to address Sam's Goa'uld tech abilities was on SG-1 (which they seemed adamant about avoiding) - and not on Atlantis. She'd be tatooed with the "Mary Sue" label before the scene was over, otherwise. :P I like the idea you have about her being "healed." Maybe it backfires to a much worse extent.

The idea someone had about the same device from ToR is definitely interesting. Just like they referenced the device from SG-1's "Prototype," they could easily reference this Ancient tech again.

ToR gave me whole new perspective...
Liz is very serious about the art of ascension. And I would think that deep down inside, she would want to ascend if given the opportunity. While they won't have her ascend, it would make sense for her to try or to want to try.

scifi_lemon
May 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Argh. Why is Weir in only 4 episodes. Leave the characters how they were and dont change anything!

See, I don't think that having Weir in a fewer amount of episodes is such a bad thing. Now don't get me wrong, I like Weir but I think that reducing Weir's role could give the weriters some more 'freedom' I guess. Like in Submersion, it bugged me the whole episode why the expodition's leader was doing there. However, reducing her to four episodes and bringing in Carter is ridiculous. That's just my two cents, anyway.

Killdeer
May 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking (and hoping) the latter, mainly because

you're right, we haven't seen that in ages, but the time to address Sam's Goa'uld tech abilities was on SG-1 (which they seemed adamant about avoiding) - and not on Atlantis. She'd be tatooed with the "Mary Sue" label before the scene was over, otherwise. :P I like the idea you have about her being "healed." Maybe it backfires to a much worse extent.

I think you're right. It would be odd to see Carter suddenly pick up the healing device again. Has she used it since trying to heal Daniel in Meridian? I can't remember her doing so. But I agree that they've seemed pretty adamant about downplaying Carter's Tokra abilities. She used to be able to sense Goa'uld as well, and she couldn't sense Athena in Ex Deus Machina. I think I read an explanation for that somewhere, but at the time I watched it, I was thinking...what??? :confused: I don't know why they've done that, but I doubt they're going to suddenly start having her do that again. [/SPOILERS]

The idea someone had about the same device from ToR is definitely interesting. Just like they referenced the device from SG-1's "Prototype," they could easily reference this Ancient tech again.

ToR gave me whole new perspective...

Liz is very serious about the art of ascension. And I would think that deep down inside, she would want to ascend if given the opportunity. While they won't have her ascend, it would make sense for her to try or to want to try.

From that same episode, [spoilers]referencing the conversation between Elizabeth and John, it seems obvious that Elizabeth is not as disillusioned with the Ancients as everyone else seems to be. She still seems to reverence them to some degree. I wouldn't be surprised if the speculation that she tries to ascend and something goes wrong turns out to be pretty close to what happens.

The bit about the "horrific reveal" at the end has definitely got my attention.

scifi_lemon
May 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I think you're right. It would be odd to see Carter suddenly pick up the healing device again. Has she used it since trying to heal Daniel in Meridian? I can't remember her doing so. But I agree that they've seemed pretty adamant about downplaying Carter's Tokra abilities. She used to be able to sense Goa'uld as well, and she couldn't sense Athena in Ex Deus Machina. I think I read an explanation for that somewhere, but at the time I watched it, I was thinking...what??? :confused: I don't know why they've done that, but I doubt they're going to suddenly start having her do that again.

From that same episode, referencing the conversation between Elizabeth and John, it seems obvious that Elizabeth is not as disillusioned with the Ancients as everyone else seems to be. She still seems to reverence them to some degree. I wouldn't be surprised if the speculation that she tries to ascend and something goes wrong turns out to be pretty close to what happens.

The bit about the "horrific reveal" at the end has definitely got my attention.

Ditto. Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Wormhole
May 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Ditto. Any thoughts as to what it might be?

I don’t know if I mentioned it here but I did post sometime ago somewhere. That what we have been seeing since either Progeny or The Return may not have been real?

One of our own the enemy courts - 'Horrific Reveal' - plus Significant player

Could also be the reason for the soft reset.

And one way to bring Carson back ;) .

That's just my views btw.

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 10:41 AM
What if Weir's plot from Before I Sleep is somehow tied into this story arc?

Weir has been around the Ancients, what if...what if she was Ancient all along..or what if they "take" her back with them.....

I haven't read most of the postings in here, so sorry if I"m getting ahead of myself here...but I think this is going to be one hell of an episode....

Hmm good theory. This ep does sound great and there are many, many good theories. I truly can't wait.

scifi_lemon
May 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I don’t know if I mentioned it here but I did post sometime ago somewhere. That what we have been seeing since either Progeny or The Return may not have been real?

Jeez, I hope not!! I liked those eppies!!!! :P

Alipeeps
May 6th, 2007, 04:10 PM

I'm sorry but, in my opinion, that would suck. It'd be the sci-fi equivalent of "Bobby in the shower" in Dallas. Blech. Blech. Blech.

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry but, in my opinion, that would suck. It'd be the sci-fi equivalent of "Bobby in the shower" in Dallas. Blech. Blech. Blech.

Yeah it backfired then it would backfire even more now. Bad Bad idea.

scifi_lemon
May 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah it backfired then it would backfire even more now. Bad Bad idea.

I second that. Or is it third now? Whatever. :P

belanna30
May 6th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I have a crazy theory about it based on your script line and the possible change in leadership:

I've heard rumors that Sam is going to take over leadership of Atlantis... If that is the case and Elizabeth is managing just the "civilian" factor

What if . . . . Elizabeth's taken hostage or something. . . . If she is no longer "in charge" and someone has her. . . . They said this is a big Weir episode. Putting her in danger (especially since This Mortal Coil is the title) and dealing with Asguard, or things dealing with ascension, wouldn't it be kind of cool to see her being in the middle of the action?

I don't know, it just came to me. I just think that Elizabeth is going to be in danger with this being a fic about her and due to the title.

(She ducks for fear of rotten tomatoes being thrown at her head for a silly idea.)

Also, does it seem silly to put any spoiler tags in a Season 4 forum? Technically, shouldn't this entire discussion be considered a "spoiler"? I know, I even used them. It was just another random thought.

PG15
May 6th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Sam taking over isn't a rumor; it's really happening.

mcbarr
May 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM

I know it won't happen, but that'd be cool IMHO since it would offer the opportunity to fix a lot of second half season 3 screw-ups like the return of Lucius, explosive tumors, Michael's bug people, First Strike etc. LOL!

Alipeeps
May 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I have a crazy theory about it based on your script line and the possible change in leadership:

I've heard rumors that Sam is going to take over leadership of Atlantis... If that is the case and Elizabeth is managing just the "civilian" factor

What if . . . . Elizabeth's taken hostage or something. . . . If she is no longer "in charge" and someone has her. . . . They said this is a big Weir episode. Putting her in danger (especially since This Mortal Coil is the title) and dealing with Asguard, or things dealing with ascension, wouldn't it be kind of cool to see her being in the middle of the action?

I don't know, it just came to me. I just think that Elizabeth is going to be in danger with this being a fic about her and due to the title.

(She ducks for fear of rotten tomatoes being thrown at her head for a silly idea.)

Also, does it seem silly to put any spoiler tags in a Season 4 forum? Technically, shouldn't this entire discussion be considered a "spoiler"? I know, I even used them. It was just another random thought.

It was never said this was a "big Weir episode". Believe me, I've just spent the past week trawling back through JM's blog and various other sources collating spoilers for SGA season 4 and nothing was said about This Mortal Coil being a big Weir episode. What was said was in response to a question about which episodes fans should look forward to for each character - This Mortal Coil was the episode Joe suggested fans should look forward to for Weir.. but he never said the episode was focused on her or that it had a big arc for her.

He has said Weir will be "part of a significant arc", but not that she will have an arc of her own, as it were.

As far as spoilers go, it's a case of better safe than sorry. This ep is clearly labelled that it will contain spoilers for the ep being discussed, but really any spoilers for any other eps should still be spoiler tagged to avoid unintentional spoiling.

vaberella
May 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It was never said this was a "big Weir episode". Believe me, I've just spent the past week trawling back through JM's blog and various other sources collating spoilers for SGA season 4 and nothing was said about This Mortal Coil being a big Weir episode. What was said was in response to a question about which episodes fans should look forward to for each character - This Mortal Coil was the episode Joe suggested fans should look forward to for Weir.. but he never said the episode was focused on her or that it had a big arc for her.

He has said Weir will be "part of a significant arc", but not that she will have an arc of her own, as it were.

As far as spoilers go, it's a case of better safe than sorry. This ep is clearly labelled that it will contain spoilers for the ep being discussed, but really any spoilers for any other eps should still be spoiler tagged to avoid unintentional spoiling.

This is exactly what I've been saying. I've read much of his blog and did some catch up as well, he said nothing about it being a huge Weir ep, as it's being made out to be. I think a few people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they want something probably bordering TRW. I get the feeling the propping up will also lead to people saying that JM is a liar as are the rest of TPTB as has been the claim before by disgruntled viewers.

He also made mention in the same line that what he finds to be of interest for the character, may not be seen as the same for other people, and to keep that in mind. So this may not be an ep surrounding Weir but Weir plays a role. We'd have to wait for more spoilers on it before making any real specs...and right now we have nothing but that it's number 10, a "horrific revelation" and JM said Weir will be showing up.

At this point it's more of a toss a coin and let it fall where it may, cause we got nothing to go on.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 09:05 AM
This is exactly what I've been saying. I've read much of his blog and did some catch up as well, he said nothing about it being a huge Weir ep, as it's being made out to be. I think a few people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they want something probably bordering TRW. I get the feeling the propping up will also lead to people saying that JM is a liar as are the rest of TPTB as has been the claim before by disgruntled viewers.

He also made mention in the same line that what he finds to be of interest for the character, may not be seen as the same for other people, and to keep that in mind. So this may not be an ep surrounding Weir but Weir plays a role. We'd have to wait for more spoilers on it before making any real specs...and right now we have nothing but that it's number 10, a "horrific revelation" and JM said Weir will be showing up.

At this point it's more of a toss a coin and let it fall where it may, cause we got nothing to go on.

Why do I all of a sudden feeling that some are going to be hugely disapointed with season 4 b/c they are getting their hopes up about Weir. I want her to be in as many episodes as possible and as JM said this will have Weir in it though I have seen nothing to say that it is a big Weir ep. It's possible however that this is part of the "signifgant story arc" that weir will be involved in.

scifi_lemon
May 7th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Why do I all of a sudden feeling that some are going to be hugely disapointed with season 4 b/c they are getting their hopes up about Weir. I want her to be in as many episodes as possible and as JM said this will have Weir in it though I have seen nothing to say that it is a big Weir ep. It's possible however that this is part of the "signifgant story arc" that weir will be involved in.

Neh, I never really liked Weir that much anyways. It'd be nice if she got a big chunck of an episode dedicated to her, but if she doesn't I'm alright with it.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Neh, I never really liked Weir that much anyways. It'd be nice if she got a big chunck of an episode dedicated to her, but if she doesn't I'm alright with it.

I kinda feel the same. I'd still love to see her in several episodes but if she isnt it's not going to offend me that much.

scifan
May 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it was on JM's blog or an audio interview, but I believe that he said that TH is going to appear on 4 eps. He didn't say how big of a roll though. Also, in the audio interview, she mentions that AT is appearing in 14 eps. I think it was to finish off some contract agreements. :confused: I hope that helped.

scifi_lemon
May 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it was on JM's blog or an audio interview, but I believe that he said that TH is going to appear on 4 eps. He didn't say how big of a roll though. Also, in the audio interview, she mentions that AT is appearing in 14 eps. I think it was to finish off some contract agreements. :confused: I hope that helped.

In her contract, AT was supposed to be in an 11th Season of SG-1 and when it got canceled, she got to be in S4 of SGA.

pilgrim soul
May 8th, 2007, 09:12 AM
As others have said with regards to Weir's involvement all we really know is that she is in this episode, we know absolutely nothing about the plot whatsoever. I for one hope that in the episodes that feature Weir the writers use her character well, Torri is a great actress if she's going to go I'd like it to be with a bang (no not an exploding tumour) rather than a whimper.

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Dammit, I wish I could green you Josie! :lol:

the dancer of spaz
May 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Dammit, I wish I could green you Josie! :lol:

Haha, got it covered. ;)

So Josie... you've got a track record now. Have any predictions you'd like to make public?

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Haha, got it covered. ;)

So Josie... you've got a track record now. Have any predictions you'd like to make public?

Now we need to be carefull here how many of her predicions have come true? Do we have a real seer on this board?:cool:

belanna30
May 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
You're all probably right about this not being a Weir-centered episode. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Ah well, the only way to know for sure it to read the script, right?

scifi_lemon
May 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
You're all probably right about this not being a Weir-centered episode. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Reading the script? Ooo, every spoiler fan's dream ;)

pilgrim soul
May 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Haha, got it covered. ;)

Let me see http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/jay4972/Smilies/fortuneteller.gif okay my predictions for this episode is that it'll be less space battles and explosions (that's not to say there won't be any this is Stargate) and more of a character piece than previous mid-season cliffhangers.

I have absolutely nothing to back this prediction up I'm just guessing and once it is proved wrong perhaps people will stop believing I have psychic powers.
:lol:

the dancer of spaz
May 8th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Let me see http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/jay4972/Smilies/fortuneteller.gif okay my predictions for this episode is that it'll be less space battles and explosions (that's not to say there won't be any this is Stargate) and more of a character piece than previous mid-season cliffhangers.

I have absolutely nothing to back this prediction up I'm just guessing and once it is proved wrong perhaps people will stop believing I have psychic powers.

Heh heh. Nah, we'll just believe that you deliberately gave us wrong info, so as not to spoil us. :P

SazZat
May 9th, 2007, 01:25 AM
As others have said with regards to Weir's involvement all we really know is that she is in this episode, we know absolutely nothing about the plot whatsoever.

Exactly. It's completely likely that she is just an assisting role in this story.
I don't think anyone is really expecting this episode to be Weir centered. I mean I have 2 theories:
1) that she does have a really big part to play, along the lines of something to do with the Asurans
2) she is brought back from Earth to assist with something that is happening on Atlantis. We see her in a few scenes. A bit of interaction with her old team etc and that's it.
Ship warning: And from a Sparky POV I saw there was going to be a scene on a balcony in this ep and I instantly hoped this would maybe be a Shep/Weir scene. For that though I would have to give up on her involvement in a major replicator story, but I think I can do that. Or it could be a scene between Elizabeth and Teyla, linking to Teyla's big arc.

Personally, just seeing her pop up in the episode is good for me. Just seeing her with the team again and all that jazz. Letting us all know she's still around and hasn't been forgotten. That would make me happy.

I for one hope that in the episodes that feature Weir the writers use her character well, Torri is a great actress if she's going to go I'd like it to be with a bang (no not an exploding tumour) rather than a whimper.

And that is another point I wanted to make. While we can't build this up to be a big Weir centric episode, we have to remember that as a recurring character now, TPTB aren't going to have signed Torri up to do the episode if Elizabeth won't have a main part to play. The fact they made the effort to add this fourth episode to the original three tells me that she is an important addition to the episode in some sense.
If you understand what I mean. They aren't just going to bring her back for the usual 5 minutes screen time per episode that we see quite often. That isn't worth writing a recurring character in for.

the dancer of spaz
May 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM
And that is another point I wanted to make. While we can't build this up to be a big Weir centric episode, we have to remember that as a recurring character now, TPTB aren't going to have signed Torri up to do the episode if Elizabeth won't have a main part to play. The fact they made the effort to add this fourth episode to the original three tells me that she is an important addition to the episode in some sense.
If you understand what I mean. They aren't just going to bring her back for the usual 5 minutes screen time per episode that we see quite often. That isn't worth writing a recurring character in for.

I have to agree. While it might not be her front and center the whole time (I want to see her with the team), I don't think that TPTB or TH would agree to the ep if it wasn't going to utilize her or the character properly... I think there's more respect for TH and her fans than that.

So, until we hear otherwise by TPTB or TH herself, I'm going to assume that this is an episode that features her heavily, with lots of interaction between her and the rest of the cast. :)

erete
May 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM
It´s posible that this episode show us the cause of her reduction to recurring character???

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM
It´s posible that this episode show us the cause of her reduction to recurring character???

Hmm never thought of that but it could be.

vaberella
May 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Unfortunately not true. The only way to know for sure is to wait for the episode. The script, if we're speaking of the final draft has to be filmed and then it's cut. Parts of the final script get cut out all the time due to varying factors. So the only real choice to learn anything is the episode itself on screen.

mcbarr
May 9th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Maybe the two-parter is about time travel, and the team meets Dr. Weir from Before I Sleep? It could be a good way to bring her back in case the worst happens in the first eps of season 4. They'd just have to find a way to leave those ZPM gate addresses for their future selves, but I'm sure McKay would come up with something.

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Maybe the two-parter is about time travel, and the team meets Dr. Weir from Before I Sleep? It could be a good way to bring her back in case the worst happens in the first eps of season 4. They'd just have to find a way to leave those ZPM gate addresses for their future selves, but I'm sure McKay would come up with something.

I don't think they'd do that. Like we've seen in oh so many SG-1 episodes, even the slightest change to the past can cause an alternate timeline or any number of consequences. It'd mess up some of the cannon of the show, imho.

beale947
May 10th, 2007, 12:47 AM

I hope not. That has been overused so many times before. And Atlantis cannot be trusted with ZPM's. They have depleted or very nearly depleted 2 in one season!

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I don't think they'd do that. Like we've seen in oh so many SG-1 episodes, even the slightest change to the past can cause an alternate timeline or any number of consequences. It'd mess up some of the cannon of the show, imho.

I agree. I like time travel eps but not in this case.

mcbarr
May 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Sure. ;) I just mentioned it because in the Be All My Sins Remember'd thread someone said there would be lots of ships in the two-parter, so I figured they would go back to the Lantean/Wraith war days when Dr. Weir was around. Maybe the Asgard legacy talk has something to do with time travel? Nah, I'm probably wrong.

SazZat
May 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM
After speculating about Be All My Sins Remember'd, I am now more confident in my mind that this episode will be something to do with the Asurans and ascension. I'm almost willing to bet on it. If you read the solilioquy that it is from then there are some 'clues'.
I say 'clues' like that because in my opinion I think it means something that both episode titles are from the same thing. The obviously aren't just random titles that refer directly to the episode. It's subtext.

To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

Wormhole
May 10th, 2007, 01:19 PM
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

Umm, this line jumped out at me ;) .

scifi_lemon
May 10th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Umm, this line jumped out at me ;) .

Me too ;)

But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,

Is it just me, or does that make three episodes alluded to in this poem?

I still think that this is about the Ancients and ascencion.

mcbarr
May 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I just hope TPTB don't make Dr. Weir SGA's version of Ophelia... Didn't she end up nuts or something? If they go that way, or just kill her, I'll ditch Stargate altogether. Considering what happened to Ford and Beckett, I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Anyway, I also think the two-parter will deal with the Ancients, their sins (Wraith, Asurans), and ascension as a way to escape the mess they created/left in the lower planes of existance. Perhaps someone ascends/is ascended in the first ep, and the second one takes place in a restaurant somewhere?

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Me too ;)

Is it just me, or does that make three episodes alluded to in this poem?

I still think that this is about the Ancients and ascencion.

Nope you're not nuts, there is also the title of one of the ST movies in there.

pilgrim soul
May 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Nope you're not nuts, there is also the title of one of the ST movies in there.

Using Shakespearean quotes for episode titles is very common for a whole variety of shows so I'd be careful about reading too much into this. The fact that other titles are in there could well be pure coincidence.

the dancer of spaz
May 11th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I just hope TPTB don't make Dr. Weir SGA's version of Ophelia... Didn't she end up nuts or something?

Well...

When reports came back from Vancouver Con that TH had just spent the last day or so screaming while filming on set, the possibility of "nuts" or insanity was one of the first things that came into my mind.

So, I guess we'll have to see. But, if I were to bet (granted, it'd only be a little at this point), I would bet that's a distinct possibility.

Maybe it'll just be about the perception of it, though.

SazZat
May 11th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Well maybe the screaming could be something to do with mind probing my the Asurans...maybe. Not sure what I think about that linking to this episode though.

As for a storyline of her going crazy...well if it's done well then I think it could be good. Like, it would promote a lot of conflict within the team as well. If they found she had turned dark in some way what would they do? They couldn't just kill her.
I aren't feeling creative enough to come up with probabilities. I'm already convinced this episode will be nothing short of awesome, so I'm quite happy to sit and wait and see what happens :)

vaberella
May 11th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Well...

When reports came back from Vancouver Con that TH had just spent the last day or so screaming while filming on set, the possibility of "nuts" or insanity was one of the first things that came into my mind.

So, I guess we'll have to see. But, if I were to bet (granted, it'd only be a little at this point), I would bet that's a distinct possibility.

Maybe it'll just be about the perception of it, though.

I don't know about you, but I thought she jumped ship in The Return. I always figured she was mentally twiddled a ways back based on her out of control decisions, but The Return didn't help the cause---when you saw it in action.

*I feel like eating a hotdog. Hmmmm, had to put that out there.

Mitchell82
May 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Using Shakespearean quotes for episode titles is very common for a whole variety of shows so I'd be careful about reading too much into this. The fact that other titles are in there could well be pure coincidence.

Good point.

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM

No!! I like reading into it!!! ;) But you're right.

the dancer of spaz
May 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I don't know about you, but I thought she jumped ship in The Return. I always figured she was mentally twiddled a ways back based on her out of control decisions, but The Return didn't help the cause---when you saw it in action.

*I feel like eating a hotdog. Hmmmm, had to put that out there.

See, I didn't see her going crazy so much as becoming even more introverted than she already was. I think she distanced herself from the others so she wasn't reminded of her loss. And while she was probably losing sleep, keeping to herself, and not leaving her house, I think that had more to do with depression than insanity.

And it's that behavior that I hope they address next season... Going by The Return, she should be as upset and out of sorts about being away from Atlantis this time (especially since she'll be away from the others) - if not more.

I was thinking that any potential insanity would be heavily induced by the nanites/Asurans/what have you (kinda like Daniel in S3's "Legacy"). That's what I meant by "perception." Maybe her behavior would seem erratic, but she's really seeing things that others aren't.

Since the screaming scenes were filmed before TMC was written, it's anyone's guess though... :)

Anuna
May 18th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I just hope TPTB don't make Dr. Weir SGA's version of Ophelia... Didn't she end up nuts or something? If they go that way, or just kill her, I'll ditch Stargate altogether. Considering what happened to Ford and Beckett, I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Anyway, I also think the two-parter will deal with the Ancients, their sins (Wraith, Asurans), and ascension as a way to escape the mess they created/left in the lower planes of existance. Perhaps someone ascends/is ascended in the first ep, and the second one takes place in a restaurant somewhere?

Ditto to that. Whenever I think about TMC, my stomach turns. I have a bad feeling - whatever they pull on her, I don't think I will like it.
I also think they use Shakesperean style with a purpose - to hint something, or to confuse us alltogether. But being a scientist in my RL, I learned that the most simple solution often proves to be the correct one.

happyatlantis
May 19th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Isn't this ep the one Teyla reveals her secret?:teyla:

vaberella
May 19th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Isn't this ep the one Teyla reveals her secret?:teyla:

JM did post last night in his blog that this ep had a lot of things going on. So yeah...and that's gonna be one crazy ep. I think I'll love it. It might be my favorite in the season---next to any ep with lots of explosions and fighting. :D I'm could be such a boy sometimes. :D Anyway, I say prepare yourself for surprises galore. I can't wait.

Promethius30
May 19th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I have to say i like the name

Mitchell82
May 19th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I have to say i like the name

As do I. It sounds very prommising.

scifi_lemon
May 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
As do I. It sounds very prommising.

Agreed. All of the spoilers for this, regardless of all the space battles we've been promised, the title alone practically *screams* Ascension which is one of my fave plots/ideas in the SGs

Mitchell82
May 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Agreed. All of the spoilers for this, regardless of all the space battles we've been promised, the title alone practically *screams* Ascension which is one of my fave plots/ideas in the SGs

Same here. How much longer do we have to wait?! *turns in to little kid* "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ARE WE THERE YET!":D

scifi_lemon
May 19th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Same here. How much longer do we have to wait?! *turns in to little kid* "Are wwe there yet? Are we there yet? ARE WE THERE YET!":D

Alipeeps
May 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Given that we know that TMC is the main ep currently filming (aside from various pick-up scenes for other eps that might be going on), I'm going to assume for now that these pics of setting up a sparring scene from JM's blog are from This Mortal Coil: :D

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/This%20Mortal%20Coil/TMCSpar1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/This%20Mortal%20Coil/TMCSpar2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/This%20Mortal%20Coil/TMCSpar3.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/This%20Mortal%20Coil/TMCSpar4.jpg

Can anyone say, "Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Sheppy whump!!" ;) :D :D

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/This%20Mortal%20Coil/TMCSpar4-crop.jpg

PG15
May 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Just when you thought an episode pre-airing discussion and speculation thread would be free of whumpers...

:p

Alipeeps
May 23rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Just when you thought an episode pre-airing discussion and speculation thread would be free of whumpers...

:p

*pffft!* Don't be foolish! :lol:

P.S. We are everywhere... there is no escape! Mwahahahahahaaaaaaaah!! :D

Cautious Explorer
May 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Wonder why they're sparring in the gate room? They've never done that
before

Alipeeps
May 23rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Wonder why they're sparring in the gate room? They've never done that
before

Is that the gateroom?

Don't forget, they re-use the same sets many times over in different ways... the "gateroom" set has played the part of many other rooms in various eps...

Cautious Explorer
May 23rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Aren't those the stairs though?

Alipeeps
May 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM

Not sure. Doesn't look to be enough stairs to be the main set of stairs in the gateroom. My point above is still valid though.. it might be the "gateroom" set but not being used as the gateroom for this scene..

SazZat
May 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well scene 9 of This Mortal Coil is (or was when JM posted up pics of scene/set layouts) in the gym.
So I think we can presume that this is in scene 9, so right at the beginning of the ep, in the gym :)

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM

They look more like the stairs into the gym than gateroom stairs to me. Yay for Shep whumpage, btw!!!

Mitchell82
May 23rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
They look more like the stairs into the gym than gateroom stairs to me. Yay for Shep whumpage, btw!!!

I wonder just how much whwump will be in this ep? And yes those arent enough stairs to be the gateroom.

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
I wonder just how much whwump will be in this ep? And yes those arent enough stairs to be the gateroom.

Hopefully, a lot :P

Alipeeps
May 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Hopefully, a lot :P

Any is good! :D :D

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Well scene 9 of This Mortal Coil is (or was when JM posted up pics of scene/set layouts) in the gym.
So I think we can presume that this is in scene 9, so right at the beginning of the ep, in the gym :)
Well spotted! That's quite right! I realised that too. I've looked at the drawings on JM's blog and it does indeed look similar! :)

belanna30
May 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Interesting, that's great to see photos of the episode.

While, ascension may be discussed, I still wonder... Be all my sins remembered makes me think that a "mistake" that SGA made will come back to haunt them (examples):

1. Working with the wraith
2. First strike against the Asurans

This Mortal Coil suggests life/death, but Be All My Sins Remembered suggests a reconning/come uppance of sorts to me.

I know, very silly and I don't mean for this to be off topic, more just a thought towards where This Mortal Coil may be leading.

Jack'O'Neill
May 26th, 2007, 09:13 PM
where you get those pic from

that ep is gonna be a good at the same mess up

like sheppard being clone or major lonare

being a relipcator

also adfit they have lost their shields

Jack'O'Neill
May 26th, 2007, 09:17 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4272/hpim0570dq5.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim0570dq5.jpg)

PG15
May 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Ummm...what is that?

And why is it in this thread?

vaberella
May 27th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ummm...what is that?
A fake ficus next to a 1980s version stereo system.

And why is it in this thread?
Decoration?! :D

Alipeeps
May 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
where you get those pic from

that ep is gonna be a good at the same mess up

like sheppard being clone or major lonare

being a relipcator

also adfit they have lost their shields

I'm sorry but I really have no idea what or earth you are talking about/asking in any of the above? :confused:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4272/hpim0570dq5.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim0570dq5.jpg)

Or what the heck that is supposed to be and why it's here? :confused:

PG15
May 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Or what the heck that is supposed to be and why it's here? :confused:

I just asked that. ;)

The original poster said in another thread that he visited the studio some time ago and got to talk to some of the cast and crew. That photo, especially the doors, does look like sets.

Jack'O'Neill
May 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I just asked that. ;)

The original poster said in another thread that he visited the studio some time ago and got to talk to some of the cast and crew. That photo, especially the doors, does look like sets.

ya i did

i thought ep this thread is talking about

it has gonna in away that we won't though of

but it will be connect to the ep when we first saw the asurans

and one pic is mckay lab

Alipeeps
May 28th, 2007, 03:42 AM
ya i did

and one pic is mckay lab

I'm sorry.. I don't mean to be rude but I speak 3 languages and I can't work out for certain what you are trying to say here? We have a lot of international users on this forum who don't have English as their first language so it must be even harder for them... can you try and post your thoughts in some kind of coherent sentence... maybe then people will be able to reply and discuss your comments? :S

vaberella
May 28th, 2007, 05:33 AM
I spend too much time trying to understand things. I was listening to an awful commentator from Scotland on the Milan classics sports games (In America it's called FS Channel/England--Sky Sports). It was a absolutely boring game of Milan vs. Liverpool (Milan won 2-1). Liverpool is just a crap team, I'm a Birmingham fan---although I hail from the Tottenham Hotspurs league. In any event, I was stuck translating for my sister all day.

1. He thought this was an ep thread discussion---which it is, I think he's confused by PG15's statement.

2. The episode has gone in a way that we haven't mentioned or thought of. So I guess the last 9 pags cam up fruitless.

3. But this ep is connected to Progeny (the first ep with the Asuran intro).

4. And that pic is of McKay's lab.

belanna30
May 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry, we know it is connected to Progency? I'm sorry I must have missed where that was said.

vaberella
May 28th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry, we know it is connected to Progency? I'm sorry I must have missed where that was said.

It's Progeny. Yeah, you need to go back about a page or two. The person named Jack'O'Neill made mention that they went to a con or something and were able to get some info on TMC. The picture on the top of this page, I'll assume is his/her proof.

Below is their most recent post, and below that is my translation of said post, because Alipeeps, mentioned her confusion at his speech style, which I couldn't agree more about.

To go to Progeny briefly, if you look at the last line of Jack'O'Neill's post you'll notice that he says it's connected to the first ep we see the Asurans... The first ep they were introduced in was Progeny, hence the reason I wrote it down and mentioned it in my sort of translation.

ya i did

and one pic is mckay lab

I spend too much time trying to understand things. I was listening to an awful commentator from Scotland on the Milan classics sports games (In America it's called FS Channel/England--Sky Sports). It was a absolutely boring game of Milan vs. Liverpool (Milan won 2-1). Liverpool is just a crap team, I'm a Birmingham fan---although I hail from the Tottenham Hotspurs league. In any event, I was stuck translating for my sister all day.

1. He thought this was an ep thread discussion---which it is, I think he's confused by PG15's statement.

2. The episode has gone in a way that we haven't mentioned or thought of. So I guess the last 9 pags cam up fruitless.

3. But this ep is connected to Progeny (the first ep with the Asuran intro).

4. And that pic is of McKay's lab.

Alipeeps
May 28th, 2007, 10:32 AM
No disrespect to Jack'O'Neill but I'll wait for confirmation from verifiable sources before I assume this information to be reliable.

vaberella
May 28th, 2007, 11:29 AM
^^ Agreed.

Willow'sCat
May 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well I don't nothing about no Replicators turning up in TMC but it has Puddle Jumpers, so that suggests travel of some kind.

Yep that's all I have. Puddle Jumpers. :p

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Well I don't nothing about no Replicators turning up in TMC but it has Puddle Jumpers, so that suggests travel of some kind.

Yep that's all I have. Puddle Jumpers. :p

I don't think they are supposed to be appear here either.

Jack'O'Neill
May 29th, 2007, 02:09 AM
the information was given to me when i saw one of the scene from that episode

they were filming right in front of me

when i went to visit the studio

i live like 30mins away from where they film it :cool:

lol;)

Jack'O'Neill
May 29th, 2007, 02:10 AM
and this ep is more related to sg1 ep when they first saw Replicators human clones:jack:

Willow'sCat
May 29th, 2007, 02:27 AM
I don't think they are supposed to be appear here either.
What Puddle Jumpers? No they are. :P

As I said in my post if you go back and actually read it ;) I don't know nothing about the Replicators or the name I can't be bothered looking up to learn how to spell starts with an "A" appearing in TMC :P but I do know we get Puddle Jumpers in TMC as David Hewlett said so and he wouldn't lie. ;)

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM
What Puddle Jumpers? No they are. :P

As I said in my post if you go back and actually read it ;) I don't know nothing about the Replicators or the name I can't be bothered looking up to learn how to spell starts with an "A" appearing in TMC :P but I do know we get Puddle Jumpers in TMC as David Hewlett said so and he wouldn't lie. ;)

LOL nice sarcasam there. Puddle Jumpers appear in most episodes so thats not a big surprise, but it seems we will see alot more of them this season.

PG15
May 29th, 2007, 12:04 PM
the information was given to me when i saw one of the scene from that episode

they were filming right in front of me

when i went to visit the studio

i live like 30mins away from where they film it :cool:

lol;)

Sweet! Me too! Actually, I think I live even closer, near Metrotown.

Another Lower Mainlander. :D

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Sweet! Me too! Actually, I think I live even closer, near Metrotown.

Another Lower Mainlander. :D

You guys are so lucky. Living so close you can visit anytime.

PG15
May 29th, 2007, 12:32 PM
We can go there, but we can't get in.

It's like...the Torment of Tantalus. :D

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
We can go there, but we can't get in.

It's like...the Torment of Tantalus. :D

Ah too bad. i thought they did do tours every now and then.

belanna30
May 29th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the clarifications. I like the thought that it could be the Asurans. That would be cool to see.

OT - I met someone from Vancouver once and all I could ask was if they had seen where Stargate was filmed. I got the world's largest eye roll, but they did admit that they knew where the studio was. It would be so awesome to take a tour, but I'm afraid it would ruin the fun of the show for me.

Anyway, so let's talk about TMC!

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the clarifications. I like the thought that it could be the Asurans. That would be cool to see.

OT - I met someone from Vancouver once and all I could ask was if they had seen where Stargate was filmed. I got the world's largest eye roll, but they did admit that they knew where the studio was. It would be so awesome to take a tour, but I'm afraid it would ruin the fun of the show for me.

Anyway, so let's talk about TMC!

I don't doubt it. They likely get that question all the time. On topic TMC sounds like a great ep and it'd be great if the Asurans were involved.

Zangetsu-san
June 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM
guys, look at this photo since it took place during the filming of TMC that mallozzi took snapshot of weir's former office (now carter's) I'm not very pleased right now at moment after seeing it. I'm not sure if its right place to put the picture in it. Therefore here it is

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/Sunjiel/stargate%20atlantis/season%204%20stuff/DSC05579.jpg

Mitchell82
June 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
guys, look at this photo since it took place during the filming of TMC that mallozzi took snapshot of weir's former office (now carter's) I'm not very pleased right now at moment after seeing it. I'm not sure if its right place to put the picture in it. Therefore here it is

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/Sunjiel/stargate%20atlantis/season%204%20stuff/DSC05579.jpg

What arernt you pleased with? The office looks fine to me.

Zangetsu-san
June 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM
What arernt you pleased with? The office looks fine to me.

I don't like what they did to the office, but I noticed the ancient panel on the wall, I don't think that one was seen some where in season 1-3 til now. I guess new looks of office that might grown on me later on when season 4 comes in. don't ya think?

Celcool
June 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
The office looks absolutely horrible to me. :mckay:

Zangetsu-san
June 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
The office looks absolutely horrible to me. :mckay: Lol, I agree with you on that! its too godawful plain and ugly, I like the looks of weir's stuff in the office but carter's too bland to start with. :weiranime34:

Willow'sCat
June 6th, 2007, 01:36 AM
What arernt you pleased with? The office looks fine to me.I guess no one who loves Weir will ever like the new look... just like no one who loved Beckett will like the look/s of Dr Keller. :cool:

I can't see Sheppard lounging on that desk though. :p

Ltcolshepjumper
June 6th, 2007, 06:42 AM
It's not even that. It's just... UGLY.

Zangetsu-san
June 6th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Well said! Willow's cat I can see that office is cluttered all over it, with ugly accessories on it, another hand I like the way weir did with her office to look clean and minimalist to look more very spacious office.

Back to the topic about TMC, I was reading the part that mallozzi mentioned "The end of act two also shifts, from the surprise entrance to the revelation." Hmm I wondered what is he hinting about the surprise enterance to the revelation part. Do you think he is planning something that is very shocking or something?

DONNA BOOTH
June 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
i think the office looks kind of cool:sheppard::teyla:

Mitchell82
June 6th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I guess no one who loves Weir will ever like the new look... just like no one who loved Beckett will like the look/s of Dr Keller. :cool:

I try to keep an open mind. I like Weir and Beckett but still willing to give the new office and Keller a chance.

Cautious Explorer
June 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
The desk could be from Star Trek. The hutch looks kind of .... Colonial? Combine that with the neon artifact in the corner and it looks like someone's rec room.

PG15
June 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
It's the same table.

Cautious Explorer
June 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Is it? I didn't remember the base. Well then, it's always been ugly. But
the hutch behind it sure doesn't help.

PG15
June 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Spoilers from JM:

I was in editing most of the morning, working with Rick Martin on This Mortal Coil. It’s coming along swimmingly and still only two minutes short. I already picked spots for the two scenes I’ll be writing - one with the entire team, the other a McKay/Zelenka scene - both nice character moments for all.

---

Firefly827347 writes: “Seen Kavan Smith in the studio lately?”

Answer: He was around for This Mortal Coil.

vaberella
June 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM

Wow..thanks for this. Carter is a bloody great decorator. It's so much lighter and light hearted, rather than the rather sparse and dronish office Weir had. Lots of cool ass colors and the artifacts are hot. I love it. Very lively. Wow and there is a pic of RDA in a suit back there. I think on the other side is a pic of her Daniel and Teal'c. Oh and did you see her wicked bonsai?! I really like this lady. Good taste.

I guess no one who loves Weir will ever like the new look... just like no one who loved Beckett will like the look/s of Dr Keller. :cool:

I bloody well agree. I think this is entirely based on prejudices not really on the look of the office. To the comment in purple, I agree, maybe he'll play with her bonsai. :D He'd totally mess with her trinkets.

Well said! Willow's cat I can see that office is cluttered all over it, with ugly accessories on it, another hand I like the way weir did with her office to look clean and minimalist to look more very spacious office.

She's far from home. She wants to feel at home and be around pictures of those she sees as family and things that remind her of home. What's wrong with that? You should come to my Eco department, the secretary has her desk set up like a trinket shop. This is based on all the little items she has around her desk and she turned family portraits into wall paper (literally)--- to make her feel at home. Some people like it bare and minimalist---I see it as cold and impersonable. There's another secretary not a single trinket, no portrait, maybe a flower pot or there---what a rude and unapproachable person.

I see it as an aspect of her personality and right now if that's Carter's office, I get the feeling she's warm and inviting. Kind of person, I'd totally love to sleep over, she'd have everything there---Teyla and John are the only others. So I like it, and I love her little artifacts. To go back to John and Teyla, their rooms are very homey. Like people live there and exist there. They have aspects of who they are there. Weir's room was again---dry! Just like her bloody office. It's...it's just sad.

Back to the topic about TMC, I was reading the part that mallozzi mentioned "The end of act two also shifts, from the surprise entrance to the revelation." Hmm I wondered what is he hinting about the surprise enterance to the revelation part. Do you think he is planning something that is very shocking or something?

Who knows... Maybe Lorne is the daddy and Teyla gives birth. But it's a tragic revelation? Maybe kid is still borne. Who knows...?! Don't know what to expect.

Something came to mind. Surprise Entrance= Niam is back since this leads into the three parter of us pairing with the WRaith and going after the ASurans...maybe we have one Asuran on our side.

scifi_lemon
June 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
i think the office looks kind of cool:sheppard::teyla:

ITA. Jeez, it seems like we have some wanna-be interior designers here :P

jenks
June 7th, 2007, 03:25 AM

Is that a picture of Cassie I see?

vaberella
June 7th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I don't know who Cassie is, except I heard talk of adopted daughter. If it's the girl in the pic next to RDA, yeah I think it's her.

Suzotchka
June 7th, 2007, 05:31 AM
The office looks absolutely horrible to me. :mckay:

I totally agree. I guess it's "Better Homes & Gardens" - Atlantis edition. :weir::sheppard:

DONNA BOOTH
June 7th, 2007, 05:51 AM
i think you mean the litte girl Cassandra from season 1 of sg1 the one who had the bomb in her tummy

jenks
June 7th, 2007, 05:55 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/graphics/cassandra.jpg

*Erika*
June 7th, 2007, 06:00 AM
That's nice, jenks

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 07:47 AM
i think you mean the litte girl Cassandra from season 1 of sg1 the one who had the bomb in her tummy

Yeah that's who the picture is. It's hard to see but it's her.

PG15
July 17th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Resurrecting this thread with some hints from Joe:

Glennh73 writes: “Are we going to see the gate malfuction anytime soon,I always enjoyed those episodes.”

Answer: One gate malfunction coming up. Check out This Mortal Coil.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-17-2007.html

Xicer
July 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hm...I wonder what kind of malfunction and how it will affect the story.

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM

I wonder, mabey Rodney blows a fuse.;)

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Ditto. So many unanswered questions...is it September yet? ;)

I wonder, mabey Rodney blows a fuse.;)

*snort* LOL!

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Ditto. So many unanswered questions...is it September yet? ;)

*looks around, checks callandar* Nope not yet.:danielanime08: This wait is killing me!:tealcanime22:

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
*looks around, checks callandar* Nope not yet.:danielanime08: This wait is killing me!:tealcanime22:

Me too! *sobs* :(

PG15
July 24th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Missed this one, Xicer. ;)

Stuff from Joe:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Any nice/emotional moments with Shep/Weir at all?”

Answer: Scenes in both Adrift and This Mortal Coil come to mind.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-24-2007.html

Xicer
July 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Put it in the Adrift thread but whatever. ;)

Mitchell82
July 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Missed this one, Xicer. ;)

Stuff from Joe:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-24-2007.html

Be interesting but I want some emotional scenes with John and Teyla.

SGFerrit
August 6th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I'm suprised noone posted this in here (from Joe's blog, June 12th):

"Whilst talking about the visual effect spotting for This Mortal Coil, Joe Mallozzi mentioned discussing issues such as, “Is the ship traveling from left to right or vice versa? Should we add an errant wraith blast to the shot of Ronon returning fire? Do we want to do a bit of a camera move on the matte shot (usually an establishing shot, like that of a distant wraith lab, in which a unique element - like said wraith lab - is superimposed on another image - like a surrounding forest for instance) to make it less static?” He also made reference to completed shots of “flawless silver ships making the jump to hyperspace”."

Very interesting, especially the bolded bit. Looks like we will be seeing a new type of ship. The Asuran's ships possibly?

scifi_lemon
August 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM

"He also made reference to completed shots of “flawless silver ships making the jump to hyperspace”.[/I]"

Very interesting, especially the bolded bit. Looks like we will be seeing a new type of ship. The Asuran's ships possibly?

I think so, unless it's an Ancient ship. It's definitely not a Traveler or Earth ship.

Iguana775
August 16th, 2007, 06:14 AM

"Whilst talking about the visual effect spotting for This Mortal Coil, Joe Mallozzi mentioned discussing issues such as, “Is the ship traveling from left to right or vice versa? Should we add an errant wraith blast to the shot of Ronon returning fire? Do we want to do a bit of a camera move on the matte shot (usually an establishing shot, like that of a distant wraith lab, in which a unique element - like said wraith lab - is superimposed on another image - like a surrounding forest for instance) to make it less static?” He also made reference to completed shots of “flawless silver ships making the jump to hyperspace”."

Nope, it's the ship from Star Wars. Padme Amidala is making a cameo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Iguana775/180px-Nabooroyal-NEGVV.jpg

:cool:

btw, I saw in the new info about the TV schedule that Shep's wraith buddy from Common Ground will be back. Sweet! that should be good!

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I think so, unless it's an Ancient ship. It's definitely not a Traveler or Earth ship.

Mabey it's the NX-01!;)

scifi_lemon
August 16th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Mabey it's the NX-01!;)

:lol: Who would die of geeky wish fulfillment first? Shep or McKay? :P

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2007, 07:47 PM
:lol: Who would die of geeky wish fulfillment first? Shep or McKay? :P

Mckay first. He would probably faint at the console, demand to fly it then end up blowing it up. Then of course he must be tortured by T'pol.

Xicer
August 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
lol, I think he'd be more impressed by the original Enterprise, considering Star Trek is a real TV show in the Stargate universe. :P

PG15
August 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Of course, that gets kind of surreal when you think about the various Trek Alumni who've guest starred on Stargate (i.e. Robert Picardo, Connor Trinner, Jolene Blalock, etc.).

Xicer
September 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Haven't had news for a while:

talked to Joel Goldsmith regarding the end of this Mortal Coil (Oh yeah, watched a Day One Mix of This Mortal Coil),

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-4-2007.html

Xicer
September 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Good stuff...

Kudos to Joel Goldsmith on his terrific score for This Mortal Coil. This one is really special.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-13-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Good stuff...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-13-2007.html

More new music! He does such a fantastic job.

Mitchell82
September 13th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Of course, that gets kind of surreal when you think about the various Trek Alumni who've guest starred on Stargate (i.e. Robert Picardo, Connor Trinner, Jolene Blalock, etc.).

I know it's funny my wife didn't even recognise Jolene at first though when I saw Michael the first thing I said was thats Trip!

*Erika*
September 14th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I know it's funny my wife didn't even recognise Jolene at first though when I saw Michael the first thing I said was thats Trip!
I can't blame you for not recognizing Jolene. Blond long hair... I almost didn't recognize her myself wasn't for the credits.

Platschu
September 14th, 2007, 03:32 AM
More new music! He does such a fantastic job.
They should release new OST (Atlantis S2-S3 ; SG-1 Season 9-10). :o

prion
September 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-14-2007.html

.... ..., approved a This Mortal Coil final I-really-mean-it-final mix, ...

Mitchell82
September 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM
They should release new OST (Atlantis S2-S3 ; SG-1 Season 9-10). :o

I agree, I'd love to have that especially for the Ori music.

Uncle Tobias
September 14th, 2007, 09:59 PM
"flawless silver ships"

That sounds like the Asgard's O'Niell..

lostinspace
November 6th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Folks, unless I'm mistaken, there's no thread for This Mortal Coil yet, so thought I'd start one since MGM has "unofficially" posted a sneak preview here - http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=79

Looks like a really promising mid-season finale with the team in jeopardy and Shep in his military leader mode. Also, Joe Mallozzi's hinted that Weir features prominently so we'll likely see the Asurans too.

Gateworld spoilers to date: http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/410.shtml

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 04:10 AM
The official thread does exist... it's here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43154&highlight=mortal).

Probably best to merge...

SGFerrit
November 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Folks, unless I'm mistaken, there's no thread for This Mortal Coil yet, so thought I'd start one since MGM has "unofficially" posted a sneak preview here - http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=79

I was suprised to see no Weir in the teaser, I thought she was supposed to feature heavily. Perhapse she doesn't featur as heavily here as we thought, and instead will feature more heavily in another episode? Sh did say she was in 4, but really 'just 2'. I'm still hoping she is in BAMSR.

Good teaser though none the less, Ronon holding Rodney still while Shep slit his hand! Weird!

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I was suprised to see no Weir in the teaser, I thought she was supposed to feature heavily. Perhapse she doesn't featur as heavily here as we thought, and instead will feature more heavily in another episode? Sh did say she was in 4, but really 'just 2'. I'm still hoping she is in BAMSR.

Good teaser though none the less, Ronon holding Rodney still while Shep slit his hand! Weird!

If they've got any brains, they would not give away major plot points like Weir's involvement in the teasers.. of course SciFi promos usually DO give away the major plot points but this one is an MGM one.

SOooooooo.. speculation ahoy!

Are we looking at people being taken over/acting evil here?

We've got Ronon saying "Just seems like people are acting different lately" during his sparring scene with John... and from previous pics on JM's blog (see below) it looks like this sparring scene might get rather out of hand:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43154&highlight=mortal

We've got Sheppard cutting Rodney with a knife.... Sheppard saying they can't trust anyone outside this room... Ronon and Teyla and McKay in the brig, saying they've gotta find a way out of there... and in that last scene with Sheppard he sure does look kinda..... evil? Or maybe just stunned?... on rewatching it does look like someone's arm was just drawing back, having pulled Sheppard upright.. looks like maybe he's crashed a jumper?

Anyone?

The_Carpenter
November 6th, 2007, 04:37 AM
I assume they put this up by mistake given that its Missing this week? Not that I'm complaining... but I thought the Mortal Coil was meant be the first major ep about the Wraith Replicater war?

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I assume they put this up by mistake given that its Missing this week? Not that I'm complaining... but I thought the Mortal Coil was meant be the first major ep about the Wraith Replicater war?

Hmmm.. I dunno. From what we see in this promo, it's about a probe/drone/something/basically this:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/DroneElevation.jpg

crashing into the city and, it seems, having a subsequent effect on people's behaviour. Maybe the drone is a replicator attack and this precipitates the expedition into...

Spoilers for Be All My Sins Remember'd onwards:Allying with the Wraith to defeat the Replicators...

Linzi
November 6th, 2007, 04:46 AM
If they've got any brains, they would not give away major plot points like Weir's involvement in the teasers.. of course SciFi promos usually DO give away the major plot points but this one is an MGM one.

We've got Ronon saying "Just seems like people are acting different lately" during his sparring scene with John... and from previous pics on JM's blog (see below) it looks like this sparring scene might get rather out of hand:

We've got Sheppard cutting Rodney with a knife.... Sheppard saying they can't trust anyone outside this room... Ronon and Teyla and McKay in the brig, saying they've gotta find a way out of there... and in that last scene with Sheppard he sure does look kinda..... evil? Or maybe just stunned?... on rewatching it does look like someone's arm was just drawing back, having pulled Sheppard upright.. looks like maybe he's crashed a jumper?

Anyone?
I thought the same as you. At the end Sheppard looks sort of evil, and I'm sure it's a replicator with him in the crashed Jumper. I just hope it's not all an imaginary scenario thing again. I have enjoyed those in Progeny and Lifeline, but don't want this to be in someone's head again really.

Do you think the replicators some how infect the expedition with nanites or something? Or do something to alter people?

lostinspace
November 6th, 2007, 04:59 AM
The official thread does exist... it's here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43154&highlight=mortal).
Probably best to merge...

Thanks! Couldn't find this thread for some reason...

I thought the same as you. At the end Sheppard looks sort of evil, and I'm sure it's a replicator with him in the crashed Jumper. I just hope it's not all an imaginary scenario thing again. I have enjoyed those in Progeny and Lifeline, but don't want this to be in someone's head again really. Do you think the replicators some how infect the expedition with nanites or something? Or do something to alter people?

I'm hoping that "evil" look is that Shep had intentionally done something to thwart the Asurans' plans (It's gotta be the Replicator with him - who else would have those brown-ish uniforms?)

Would definitely prefer this scenario over there being a RepliSheppard or mind-controlled Shep (he's supposed to have great resistance over mind probes after all). And definitely no more "imaginary scenarios" please, let this be real! With real consequences ;)

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I thought the arm coulda been Ronon's? He wears brown tops...

The_Carpenter
November 6th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Hmmm.. I dunno. From what we see in this promo, it's about a probe/drone/something/basically this:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/DroneElevation.jpg

crashing into the city and, it seems, having a subsequent effect on people's behaviour. Maybe the drone is a replicator attack and this precipitates the expedition into...

Spoilers for Be All My Sins Remember'd onwards:Allying with the Wraith to defeat the Replicators...

Ahhh very well then...

Sounds like its going to be very interesting like all two parters... just going to be hating the TPTB for a month or so until the conclusion :mckay:

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Ahhh very well then...

Sounds like its going to be very interesting like all two parters... just going to be hating the TPTB for a month or so until the conclusion :mckay:

Or longer if they hold back the second half because of the writers' strike... *sob*

Mattathias2.0
November 6th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I'm thinking 3 parter.

"Alan is working on what [we] like to call “the third part of the mid-season two-parter”." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)

Referring to Spoils Of War.

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Okay so from a cap posted in the whump thread, the arm pulling Sheppard upright in that last scene is definitely wearing an Asuran uniform... :S

Pegasus_SGA
November 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Looks like a really promising mid-season finale with the team in jeopardy and Shep in his military leader mode. Also, Joe Mallozzi's hinted that Weir features prominently so we'll likely see the Asurans too.

Gateworld spoilers to date: http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/410.shtml

Woohoooooo thanks hon, hopefully it will stay up, but I won't hold my breath :lol:

Anyone?

I was wondering if maybe they cut Rodney to make sure he was real and that he wasn't an Asuran, because they don't bleed? Anyone think they may have tried cloning? Just a thought, no basis for it. :lol: I noticed the whump. There's a shock. :P And it's definatley an Asuran whumping Shep in the PJ. *tries not to squee in the pre-discussion thread* I don't know if it crashed or the replicator got on board or not, but I did notice that in the clip, SHep's not in the brig with the others. Curioser and curiouser.

ooooh I wonder if that fell through the Atlantis skyway? There was definately something dropping thought the ceiling with a similar shape to that? Or not, it went really fast. Or they were experimenting with something to cause the explosion?

Peggy= speculating wildy :D

Thanks! Couldn't find this thread for some reason...

I'm hoping that "evil" look is that Shep had intentionally done something to thwart the Asurans' plans (It's gotta be the Replicator with him - who else would have those brown-ish uniforms?)

Would definitely prefer this scenario over there being a RepliSheppard or mind-controlled Shep (he's supposed to have great resistance over mind probes after all). And definitely no more "imaginary scenarios" please, let this be real! With real consequences ;)

Oh no I so do not like imaginary scenarios, they bug my brain. I'm with you on that hon, in that I want it to be real. I know it can be vital to a plot, but.... I'll shut up now. :o

Here are some caps I did from the promo. Sorry for the really crap quality.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC2.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC3.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC5.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC4.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC7.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC8.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC9.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC10.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC12.jpg

I tried to get a scene of Ronon and Shep stickfighting, and Shep getting his ass... whupped again. Literally and figuratively speaking. :D Alas my fingers can't cap that quickly. :lol:

Linzi
November 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Wonderful caps Peg, thanks! :)

Alipeeps
November 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
ooooh I wonder if that fell through the Atlantis skyway? There was definately something dropping thought the ceiling with a similar shape to that? Or not, it went really fast. Or they were experimenting with something to cause the explosion?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/TMC4.jpg

Your cap there shows the probe/thing lying on the floor and in that scene in the promo the camera panned down from a hole in the roof to that things lying on the floor.. this scene coming just after one of someone saying something had just impacted the city.

Mattathias2.0
November 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Nice!