This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should put Railguns & Shields on the Orion

I was thinking about how when Apophis first attacked Earth, Bra'tak told SG-1 to prepare their Warships, and:

BRA'TAC: I knew it would delay the attack until he arose. Perhaps when the warships of your world attack…

CARTER: Uh, excuse me, did you say the warships of our world?

BRA'TAC: Surely you have such vessels?

DANIEL: Well, we have a number of.. of…

O'NEILL/DANIEL: Shuttles.

BRA'TAC: These shuttles.. they are a formidable craft?

O'NEILL: Oh yeah. Yeah. Bad day.

It would be pretty cool if NASA started arming the shuttles with shields and railguns. The Orion (newest generation of spacecraft) would be the perfect opportunity:
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

I just wish we could go back and see how Daedalus and Oddesey would do againt Apophis' two lil Ha'taks.

Spoiler:
    I'll even say "pre-superpowered" Odyessey

Comment

Well there would be a bunch of factors.

We know that if Goa'uld shields don't have a fast enough refresh rate, objects (i.e.- railgun rounds) zip straight through them. And since Apophis's Ha'taks didn't have Anubis' Ancient shield upgrades, that might precisely be the case.

While System Lords put up a good show, they're cowards first and foremost. If they saw 2 BattleCruisers ascending from a world thought to be somewhat primitive (by Goa'uld standards), they might just run. Those Asgard power-signatures would also probably be pretty disconcerting to Apophis.

Are the 304s armed with Mk. 9s? A GateBuster would surely put the hurt on an Apophis Ha'tak. And seeing as how 304s seem to carry dozens of nukes, I imagine they'd be enough to incinerate a Ha'tak.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I wish we would go back to the days when one Ha'tak would make us pee our pants. It is such a beautiful ship.
        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
          I wish we would go back to the days when one Ha'tak would make us pee our pants. It is such a beautiful ship.
          Agreed the ha'tak was once one of the most feared ships in our universe now its a joke to other ships now here
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Kinda pointless if we can build 304's eh...

Comment

unless the Goa'uld have a resurgence with Ancient Tech...
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Are you serious? America has p*** poor relations around the world as it is and putting weapons in space in any form is just insane regardless of what your initial intentions are

Comment

there need rail guns or something cool on the 304's

Comment

The fact is we just don't know exactly how much damage the various nuclear missiles can do vs. a hatak's shields. But we do know 304 shields are much stronger than hatak shields. So it could be an even match.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    We know that if Goa'uld shields don't have a fast enough refresh rate, objects (i.e.- railgun rounds) zip straight through them.
                    No idea where you're getting this from

Comment

there not drones for crying out loud lol

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                        No idea where you're getting this from
                        Key word being "if."

As for a source:

CARTER:
                        "Goa'uld force shields operate on a frequency oscillation principle. If we were moving fast enough, theoretically we should be able to see the oscillation interval and run right through."
                        Last edited by Ripple in Space; 15 April 2007, 08:00 PM.
                        sigpic
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          Key word being "if."

As for a source:

CARTER:
                          "Goa'uld force shields operate on a frequency oscillation principle. If we were moving fast enough, theoretically we should be able to see the oscillation interval and run right through."
                          Carter was referring to an internal force field inside a Ha'tak, not the shields used to protect the ship from external threats.

Cite your references, don't quote them.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

is this suppose to be a discussion about the orion ship made by the ancients or something else cos why do we even need to put railguns or shields on the orion....

its already a good ship
                            Last edited by wise one; 17 April 2007, 07:10 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              is this suppose to be a discussion about the orion ship made by the ancients or something else cos why do we even need to put railguns or shields on the orion even though its blown up
                              Dude~!11, the original poster probably hasn't seen that episode yet... Might want to spoiler-proof your post before the forum urchins start festering.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X