This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Evils of SGC and the Asgard Technolgy

Has anyone thought about the Evils of the Asgard tech.
    Spoiler:
    With all the new stuff the Sgc has gotten
    there is a lot of bad people that could use that stuff for the wrong reasons.Cloning technolgy ,mind transfering machines ,transporters and advanced genetic reaserach. You the ablity to live forever .or be who you want to be
    Like Rodney could clone Ronin and download his mind into the clone body . You could make back up copies of yourself or anyone .Even though there are laws saying it's ilegal to make human clones in the US but what about Russia ,china or France.Like that Arnold movie The 6th day .

Mind reprograming ,Robot double of yourself with your mind in it .Downloading your self on a laptop .The idea's are well Unending .

I'm surprise no ones snuck anything out of that mountain or Area 51 .I mean who would be tempted to sneak something out and become richer than Bill Gates or The Trust

What would you do with some Asgard tech?
    Last edited by kiwigater; 15 April 2007, 02:39 AM.

Whilst I dont think that the SGC or the IOA would deliberately allow others like the Trust, Lucian Alliance or even unscruplious Humans on Earth access to the newly-accquired Asgard database & technology beqeuthed Earth in 'Unending'; I can see both the merits & the evils of such a vast ammount of technology, knowledge & other data being put to misuse.

If i did have access to the Asgard knowledge base & technology, I would it to safegaurd access to it to ensure only those deemed trusteorhty, etc could access it & that it was not used for ill purposes or by the likes of the Goa'uuld.

On a side note, you may wish to put spoilers in the thread title, as some people have not yet seen Unending (SG-1's last episode) or do not wish to be spoilt.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis
      Like Rodney could clone Ronin and download his mind into the clone body . You could make back up copies of yourself or anyone .Even though there are laws saying it's ilegal to make human clones in the US but what about Russia ,china or France.
      France along with those 2 others - been watching Fox a little too much haven't ya ?

Comment

anyway...yup if the SG1 earth is anything like real-life earth, by giving humans their tech the asgard may have unwittingly sealed mankind's fate (not for the better)

Originally posted by akren
        If i did have access to the Asgard knowledge base & technology, I would it to safegaurd access to it to ensure only those deemed trusteorhty, etc could access it & that it was not used for ill purposes or by the likes of the Goa'uuld.
        actually the most logical thing would have been for the Asgard themselves to encrypt the whole database so that no human could access it for a spell - like a strong code that would take centuries for human science to crack, by which time - hopefully - mentalities would have evolved enough (in other words : mankind rid of all Maybournes, Kinseys etc -)

Comment

i like tech. cloning, i don't have a problem with it. genetic engineering, go for it. transporters, yay! finally no having to wait in lines etc to go on vacation. mind transference, interesting and also nice for not losing knowledge when your body expires. beats having to relearn everything. just as long as you do things right, for the right reasons, the legacy tech is a great opportunity. the only doom comes from misuse.
          That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Would be nice to make a back up copy of myself .Hell if you think about it you could clone yourself grow the clone to a nice age of 13 and download yourself into the body .I mean think about it you could start your life all over again Like that younger version of Jack O neil .

Comment

I will quote one of the greatest quotes ever

"With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

So with this tech then we need to very responsible with it and hope that no one does find the Asgard Tech and use it a evil way
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

gee spoilers would be nice - as some of have not had the chance to see the second half of the season.

thanks
                sigpic

Comment

Lol u guys watch too much tv(it shows are advancements in sciences to be slow). If u been keeping an eye on our sciences and tech. Will be past asgard tech in a lil over a century. Not including spaceships though. But everything else, such as living longer, downloading our consciousness, lamarkian evolution, etc etc.

Comment

France LMAO what you on about

Comment

And not only that, but we have seen from the Tolan, what a quick boost in tech can do to a planet... they gave that one planet limitless clean energy, which is paltry to what the Asgard gave us, and they were destroyed in ONE day by it..

Comment

I don't see how any of that stuff is evil? its called being advanced

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                          Has anyone thought about the Evils of the Asgard tech.
                          Spoiler:
                          With all the new stuff the Sgc has gotten
                          there is a lot of bad people that could use that stuff for the wrong reasons.Cloning technolgy ,mind transfering machines ,transporters and advanced genetic reaserach. You the ablity to live forever .or be who you want to be
                          Like Rodney could clone Ronin and download his mind into the clone body . You could make back up copies of yourself or anyone .Even though there are laws saying it's ilegal to make human clones in the US but what about Russia ,china or France.Like that Arnold movie The 6th day .

Mind reprograming ,Robot double of yourself with your mind in it .Downloading your self on a laptop .The idea's are well Unending .

I'm surprise no ones snuck anything out of that mountain or Area 51 .I mean who would be tempted to sneak something out and become richer than Bill Gates or The Trust

What would you do with some Asgard tech?
                          Meh you wouldn't be rich for very long, they'll send snipers after you

That's why there is a NDA

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            anyway...yup if the SG1 earth is anything like real-life earth, by giving humans their tech the asgard may have unwittingly sealed mankind's fate (not for the better)

actually the most logical thing would have been for the Asgard themselves to encrypt the whole database so that no human could access it for a spell - like a strong code that would take centuries for human science to crack, by which time - hopefully - mentalities would have evolved enough (in other words : mankind rid of all Maybournes, Kinseys etc -)
                            In an ideal world I imagine the Asgard would`ve done that. But the Asgard needed us to be able to access that knowledge and technology now so that we could take on their former job as defenders of the milky way (something they didn`t do that well imho).

There would be little point giving us all that knowledge and locking it up so we can`t access if for a few hundred years, when there is no chance the civilisation is going to last that long without access to it.

Ultimately, the Asgard have been forced by their own arrogance (their cloning) into trusting that we will use their knowledge wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                              France along with those 2 others - been watching Fox a little too much haven't ya ?

LOL

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X