This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knowledge of ancients library

if its understood that the human mind cant store the" knowledge of the ancients" contained in the various encountered libraries,,,why dont they get one of the asgaardians to stick their heads into the machines??? after all they have the highly advanced storage capability??? sounds too easy to me ,,,and where are they lately during our battle against the ori????

The ATA Gene may be required to understand the info.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

The Asgard had a copy of the database but not even they could figure it all out. And the reason they weren't around is because they were busy doing other things.
      "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Why dont they just put it one of their empty clone bodies? then if it frys they know not to put anyone else in

Comment

Yea well
          Spoiler:
          there all dead

Comment

Perhaps it only responds to a humanoid user?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Make a human-asgard hybrid with a stach of ancient and goa'uld DNA thown in. Then empty it's mind and hook it up.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I'd say it could require the ATA gene to activate though seeing as it was meant to be their legacy it would have to be accessable by people who weren't ancients
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                  Make a human-asgard hybrid with a stach of ancient and goa'uld DNA thown in. Then empty it's mind and hook it up.
                  I think the Goa'uld part would stop that from happening
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

This has been driving me mad for ages and ages

We (tau'ri) can't take all of the knowledge but how about some say 1% (even 0.01%) given how much is there 1% (so would 0.01%) would be a huge amount so why can't the machine be altered to do that??
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

We would first off, have to know how to make it.. imo.

Comment

Well...
                        Spoiler:
                        they do recieve the entire asgard database in the episode unending, which probably contains some figments of the ancient database.
                        sigpic

Comment

Firstly, the Repositories of Knowledge are able to store the actual consciousnesses of people (Ancients) and each one most likely contains multiple consciousnesses with a large amount of knowledge and understanding.

Most likely, when Jack looked into it in Fifth Race/Lost City, he got EVERYTHING, and his mind couldn't handle the massive input of data.

Spoilers for The Quest (Part 2)
                          Spoiler:
                          Whereas, when Daniel looked into it, he got only the memories that Merlin wanted him to have, and some of his consciousness.

The Asgard already do this anyway (stored minds) which is the basis of their longevity.

Spoilers for Unending
                          Spoiler:
                          But it is unclear if they gave us these stored minds with their stuff, or even if we could do anything with them if they did.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Also as you may remember from the later episodes
                            Spoiler:
                            Merlin programmed Daniel to return to normal at a specific point. Also I think that the information in his mind was enough for him to handle but having Merlins concisousness in his mind was too much for him to handle for too long.
                            Yes I know that I can't spell. That's a given.....

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Perhaps that is what was doing in jack, the consiousnesses bombarding his mind, rather than just the information..

Comment

Working...
                              X