This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futurama, What an great show.

Farnsworth #1: Your people and your slight differences disgust me. I'm going home. Where's that blue box with our universe in it?

Farnsworth #2: Oh you'd like to get back to your evil universe wouldn't you? And destroy your box with our universe inside it.

Farnsworth #1: Nonsense! I would never do such a thing unless you would already having been going to do that!

Farnsworth #2: Eh, Wha?

Farnsworth #1: You heard me!

I love this show. I still hate the fact that it's cancelled.
    sigpic

Yeah, I love that show. Got it all on DVD. God knows how many times I've watched each episode.

Captain Zapp Brannigan : It was almost the perfect crime, but you forgot the one thing: rock crushes scissors.
    [Suddenly thoughtful]
    Captain Zapp Brannigan : But paper covers rock. And scissors cuts paper. Kif, we have a conundrum.

Comment

Ok sure the Professors got some WICKED one-liners, Bender kicks shiny metal ass, and Leelas freaking hot, but ZOIDBERG takes the cake!

Hes got a freaking SHELL! a REMOVABLE shell at that! And big freaking CLAWS!
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
        ZOIDBERG takes the cake!
        [Dr. Zoidberg is preparing to look for a mate]
        Dr. Zoidberg : How do I look?
        Bender : Like whale barf.
        Dr. Zoidberg : Then the illusion is complete.

Yeah, he's pretty great. Pretty much all the characters on Futurama were great.

Comment

I have 3 of the 4 seasons, haven't had time to watch it recently.

"Are you jacking on in there?"
          -Leala to Bender when Bender is getting high in the bathroom
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I love Futurama and am currently borrowing Season 1 DVDs from my sister.

I love the professor's lines, like in Mars University:

Professor: Well, let's go gather him up. No point in letting a perfectly good monkey go to waste. *licks lips*

Comment

I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..while on the outside, leela falls in love with the intelligent fry..that was so clever, and really very moving, at the end. and the devil was a great character..and i really, really loved the ending..with leela sitting in the darkened theatre, saying 'i want to see how it ends'. perfect
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..
                Hmm, as I recall it turned out those worms were not harming him at all.

The Futurama 'ship' episode I like the best was the 'time skip' one. Where one minute they are getting married and then bam, they're getting divorced hilarious stuff.

Comment

It´s all great, this is one of the funniest shows that has ever been done!

Why those screwballs at Fox cancelled it I will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                    Hmm, as I recall it turned out those worms were not harming him at all.

The Futurama 'ship' episode I like the best was the 'time skip' one. Where one minute they are getting married and then bam, they're getting divorced hilarious stuff.
                    You're right. The problem was that soon they would never be able to remove the worms.
                    sigpic

Comment

lol I love futurama, not such an avid watcher but every episode makes my laugh loads. My favourite has to be the one where they do a whole thing about Slurm. I can't remember what it's called but I sure as hell loved it!

Comment

Leela: You're blackmailing me?
                        Bender: Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion."

I love this series. Frankly, it was much funnier than The Simpsons' past few seasons. They even managed to throw in a complex storyling involve Fry, giant brains, Nibbler, and Fry's grampa.

[Everyone on Earth except Fry is moronically stupid]
                        Fry: What are we going to do?
                        Professor Farnsworth: Duh, I know, let's play the lottery.
                        Amy Wong: No, let's buy internet stock.
                        Dr. Zoidberg: On margin. Zoidbee wants to buy on margin.
                        Hermes Conrad: [holding a board in front of his face] Look at me. I'm invisible.
                        Fry: Wait a minute, I know what's going on here. You've all become idiots.
                        Bender: Hey, let's go join the Reform party.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..while on the outside, leela falls in love with the intelligent fry..that was so clever, and really very moving, at the end. and the devil was a great character..and i really, really loved the ending..with leela sitting in the darkened theatre, saying 'i want to see how it ends'. perfect

I don't even think that was meant to be the very last episode.

Fox canned it because no one knew when it was on, and they just showed the episodes that were never aired on Fox.
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

"Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV" was the intended final episode, however, FOX messed it up again.
                            Rocky

Comment

<sigh> I was so depressed when I heard Futurama was to be canned. All of those Simpsons jokes at Fox's expense were well deserved.

<Insert view of a trailer in the desert here, with the worlds "Fox worldwide headquarters" at the bottom of the screen>
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X