PDA

View Full Version : The save Bob & Steve the Wraith thread!

Professor Chaos
April 13th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I'm devastated that they killed Bob & Steve. I don't know what those barbaric writers were thinking, I just want them to come back. Maybe they could have ascended or had been revived in a Goa'uld sarcophagus!

My point being, some of you people are just fanatics. No matter who leaves the show, you will make a "Save *****" thread for every single one that does and some that haven't even left! Lt Ford (Although I wouldn't mind seeing him as a recurring again), Carson (I don't know why anyone would make such a big deal over him), Weir (was she really much more than a recurring character to begin with?), and of course, Dr. Keller, who nobody really knows and who hasn't even left the [email protected]:confused:

Edit: You'll notice I don't go flaming your reasons for wanting those characters back in the other threads so don't bother flaming here as I won't respond.

marty2006
April 13th, 2007, 07:16 AM
The reason is they are good characters and tptb create the show for us the viewers and if they are killing off our favourite characters prematurely then we have the right to say something about it and alter events, like the fact beckett will be showing up in 2 episodes next year and possibly more in the seasons beyond.

Ripple in Space
April 13th, 2007, 07:55 AM
I didn't really participate in any of those campaigns. But I do think they needed to bring back Carson. I was opposed to him being made a lead role in the first place, since I knew that they'd shoehorn him into episodes, being a doctor isn't always needed, and he wasn't officially on the offworld team. He is a great character, but he hurt the show IMO, when he was forced into every ep. I think bringing him back as recurring was a fantastic call on the writer's part.

Ford, well his character lacked quirks. I didn't think that keeping him would've helped the show. I think TPTB are trying to bring in "eye-candy," since they replaced him with a male international supermodel (literally). But Ronan is a better character than S1 Ford by leaps and bounds, so no objections here. I could care less about the attractiveness of the male leads, being a heterosexual guy, wait, I shouldn't say that, because I do find it a little silly when beautiful women are infatuated with sub-average-looking male leads ("George" on "Seinfeld" any one?). I think TPTB gave Ford the S2 arc to appease the fans, but I DID like his appearance there. I don't see why he's not a recurring villain/rival.

Wier, I'll try not to spoil the "Michael Arc" for anyone, but IMO it ruined the Wier character. Even Torri expressed a great disliking of Wier's actions in the arc. Her decisions didn't make sense. Her character had had 3-seasons of development, and one day they start writing her like a completely different person.

To sum it all up. I want Carson back as recurring (which has been confirmed), so I'm happy. I wouldn't mind Ford as a recurring villain/rival, but I completely understand his removal. And, no objections if TPTB manage to fix Wier, and bring her back in S5.

Wait, I didn't mention that I object to Dr. Keller. It's quite clear that TPTB brought her in just for the sake of adding a pretty girl to the ensemble. It may not be fair to judge her based on her first appearance, but Carson's first appearance was fantastic, he stole the scene, where Keller was bland at best. And being a med student, I find it somewhat insulting that TPTB expect us to believe that a sub-25 y/o girl can be the world's greatest doctor. Even if she was a prodigy, it's basically impossible for her to even have a degree in internal medicine, much less the experience to lead "the best-of-the-best."

Copernicus
April 13th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I wholeheartedly support this movement, but I hope you didn't make the mistake of taking the Save Dr. Keller thread I created seriously...

danieljackson90
April 13th, 2007, 09:39 AM
on was the SINGLE BEST character of the show, thats why we loved him!!

**cries into hands, runs upstairs and slams the door**

http://stargatefan1.blogspot.com/

TechnoWraith
April 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM
The one thing that's apparent: Back when Atlantis started, the primary adversary was the Wraith. Over the past couple seasons, Atlantis has turned away from that adversary. In SG-1, the systems lords werew always the adversaries. And they stuck to that primary adversary throughout the whole of the series. Yes, there was the NID, and other adversarial races. But the focus did remain on the Gao'uld system lords.

In atlantis, the Wraith were established as the primary adversary pretty early on. However, the gradual turning away from the wraith as the primary adversary seems to affected some fans. Yes, the Genii and Asurans are a good for enemies, too. However, the extent to which TPTB have left the off to the side an adversary seems to have detracted from the series. How many wraith were seen in the last season? Not nearly as many as in seasons 1 and 2.

There's my two cents. ;)

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 13th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I think TPTB took their eye off the ball with Atlantis, such as they were concerned about the failing SG1 series. Now they're relatively focussed on Atlantis again, I hope they'll get back to some creative genius story-lines, worthy of their excellent cast.

The Dude
April 13th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I'm devastated that they killed Bob & Steve. I don't know what those barbaric writers were thinking, I just want them to come back. Maybe they could have ascended or had been revived in a Goa'uld sarcophagus!

Well, I'm convinced.

VSHARMA
April 14th, 2007, 06:19 AM
^^^^Me too. I'm changing my Signature^^^^

Instead of all that 'For Wraith, Hunger burns like Fire' I'l just have 'Save Bob & Steve'

And I'll change my Asgard Siganture to the one above.

What a Wonderful Thread.

Professor Chaos
April 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Well, I'm convinced.Lmfao, mind if I use that sig?

ChelApophis
April 24th, 2007, 11:00 AM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!as a proud member of the wraith defenders club I'm all for saving Bob & Steve! and all the other wraith that they murdered in cold blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, more power to the wraith , let them ascend and come back to the show!
Plus , I want James back , he should play alongside with Cristopher : they make great wraith characters.
This thread is so cool:)

Falcon Horus
April 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I wholeheartedly support this movement, but I hope you didn't make the mistake of taking the Save Dr. Keller thread I created seriously...

I think he did since it was mentioned in the same line as SCB & SEW. Oops! :D

But I support this movement. I want the Wraith back in general. They look groovy and I love them as enemies.

Wraith_Boy
April 24th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I think he did since it was mentioned in the same line as SCB & SEW. Oops! :D

But I support this movement. I want the Wraith back in general. They look groovy and I love them as enemies.

From JM's latest entry in his blog:

Anonymous #1 writes: “1. Hypothetically, if Teal'c and Ronon were to fight one on one, on whom would you put your money on to win. 2. Will we get see McKay getting slapped or something of that nature by Carter in season 4. 3. By the end of season 4 will the asurans or wraith be dealt with.”

Answers: 1. Maybe we’ll get to find out. 2. No plans. 3. Hmmmmmmmm.

Number 3 gives the impression that something will happen along those lines. Asurans I doubt will get offed because they are the new main enemy, the enemy that tptb always imagined for the Atlantis expediton to be facing & much more powerful & harder to defeat than the Wraith.

So perhaps this thread may be more appropriately named 'Save the Wraith'!

Falcon Horus
April 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Offing the Wraith would make me a sad girl. I love these guys. The Asurans are just so ... blah...

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
The Wraith annihilated the Ancients over 100 years...we might see them offed in less than 5.......I sincerely hope not!

TPTB have said all along they initially had the Asurans down to be the main protagonists of the Atlantis Expedition.

Starxgate
April 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Teal'C VS Ronon ? As Jack would say

Sweet :D

Maltrancko
April 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Teal'C VS Ronon ? As Jack would say

Sweet :D

And in the words of Peter Griffin

That is so freakin awesome!!

marty2006
April 25th, 2007, 12:55 AM
If the wraith (the best enemy in sga) go then i seriously will be on the verge of ditching atlantis after all the crap they've put us through with beckett and weir and the bringing of a character who shouldnt be there (carter), i seriously hope it is the asurans that go because they just plain suck, just a rehashed enemy pretty much from sg1 no feeling no emotion no real reason for them to hate us they are just a crappy idea for a new enemy. Also it would be quite logical for them to go seeing as we have anti replicator tech. Then again the entire season 3 finale was about the asurans. It gives me a worrying feeling. :( :( :(

Wraith_Boy
April 25th, 2007, 07:10 AM
If the wraith (the best enemy in sga) go then i seriously will be on the verge of ditching atlantis after all the crap they've put us through with beckett and weir and the bringing of a character who shouldnt be there (carter), i seriously hope it is the asurans that go because they just plain suck, just a rehashed enemy pretty much from sg1 no feeling no emotion no real reason for them to hate us they are just a crappy idea for a new enemy. Also it would be quite logical for them to go seeing as we have anti replicator tech. Then again the entire season 3 finale was about the asurans. It gives me a worrying feeling. :( :( :(

If you read his old thread here at GW & the answers at his new blog, it looks ominous for one of the 2 races.

Asurans: Much more difficult to defeat with all their technology & knowledge. However have proven they can be destroyed with the ARW's used in 'The Return II'. So now with the Asgard technology, they should be able to create a satellite weapon that should logically wipe them all out in a single shot. The thing that makes you think against that is TPTB brought them in after 3 seasons, they said it was the enemy they always wanted for the Atlantis team. So don't see them being wiped out by S4.

Wraith: Lots of ships to defeat. However are stuck in Pegasus with their limited hyperdrive technology. So don't pose a threat to anyone outside Pegasus. They are all awake, there is not enough food to go around & sustain them all. While they are also at civil war with each other also. They have a retro-virus that could be used on a large scale deployment. This may have something to do with Beckett & the talk of consequences in S4. While the SGC now has energy weapons, Wraith ships are unshielded & have proven to be cut to pieces with those sorts of weapons in the past. Not to mention the Asurans may very well decide to start their plan to wipe them out in S4 after all this time. Their ships being organic would be at the mercy of the nanites when they became infected. Maybe even Michael & his bug people decide to start attacking them for control of the Wraith fleet.

Overall, my money would be on the Wraith getting the chop. I can't see TPTB waiting all this time to bring in Asurans, say they were always the main enemy they wanted for the expedition to face, then suddenly write them out the following season. Because of that, I think Wraith may be heading for the reject bin!

Copernicus
April 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well they could resolve the plot line by changing the definition of victory over the Wraith. The Ancients were under the impression that the Wraith needed to be fought at every point, as if they were diametrically opposed in some sort of irreconcilable ideology. The reality is that the Wraith are much more gray than black and white. We have no indication that the Wraith would not be willing to switch to traditional foods if they were able to handle them, kind of like them all becoming vegetarian. I know if my food could beg for its life, or possibly even strategically fight me, I might be willing to switch to vegetarianism. While this is admittedly not the most explosion-prone resolution to the arc, which obviously is key for ratings (I don't even know if that's sarcasm anymore), it would get past the Ancients inability to win without the expedition requiring incredibly fortunate turns of events to make their victory plausible.

marty2006
April 25th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Well they could resolve the plot line by changing the definition of victory over the Wraith. The Ancients were under the impression that the Wraith needed to be fought at every point, as if they were diametrically opposed in some sort of irreconcilable ideology. The reality is that the Wraith are much more gray than black and white. We have no indication that the Wraith would not be willing to switch to traditional foods if they were able to handle them, kind of like them all becoming vegetarian. I know if my food could beg for its life, or possibly even strategically fight me, I might be willing to switch to vegetarianism. While this is admittedly not the most explosion-prone resolution to the arc, which obviously is key for ratings (I don't even know if that's sarcasm anymore), it would get past the Ancients inability to win without the expedition requiring incredibly fortunate turns of events to make their victory plausible.

That would be a complete slap in the face.