This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The save Bob & Steve the Wraith thread!

I'm devastated that they killed Bob & Steve. I don't know what those barbaric writers were thinking, I just want them to come back. Maybe they could have ascended or had been revived in a Goa'uld sarcophagus!

My point being, some of you people are just fanatics. No matter who leaves the show, you will make a "Save *****" thread for every single one that does and some that haven't even left! Lt Ford (Although I wouldn't mind seeing him as a recurring again), Carson (I don't know why anyone would make such a big deal over him), Weir (was she really much more than a recurring character to begin with?), and of course, Dr. Keller, who nobody really knows and who hasn't even left the show@

Edit: You'll notice I don't go flaming your reasons for wanting those characters back in the other threads so don't bother flaming here as I won't respond.
    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

The reason is they are good characters and tptb create the show for us the viewers and if they are killing off our favourite characters prematurely then we have the right to say something about it and alter events, like the fact beckett will be showing up in 2 episodes next year and possibly more in the seasons beyond.

Comment

I didn't really participate in any of those campaigns. But I do think they needed to bring back Carson. I was opposed to him being made a lead role in the first place, since I knew that they'd shoehorn him into episodes, being a doctor isn't always needed, and he wasn't officially on the offworld team. He is a great character, but he hurt the show IMO, when he was forced into every ep. I think bringing him back as recurring was a fantastic call on the writer's part.

Ford, well his character lacked quirks. I didn't think that keeping him would've helped the show. I think TPTB are trying to bring in "eye-candy," since they replaced him with a male international supermodel (literally). But Ronan is a better character than S1 Ford by leaps and bounds, so no objections here. I could care less about the attractiveness of the male leads, being a heterosexual guy, wait, I shouldn't say that, because I do find it a little silly when beautiful women are infatuated with sub-average-looking male leads ("George" on "Seinfeld" any one?). I think TPTB gave Ford the S2 arc to appease the fans, but I DID like his appearance there. I don't see why he's not a recurring villain/rival.

Wier, I'll try not to spoil the "Michael Arc" for anyone, but IMO it ruined the Wier character. Even Torri expressed a great disliking of Wier's actions in the arc. Her decisions didn't make sense. Her character had had 3-seasons of development, and one day they start writing her like a completely different person.

To sum it all up. I want Carson back as recurring (which has been confirmed), so I'm happy. I wouldn't mind Ford as a recurring villain/rival, but I completely understand his removal. And, no objections if TPTB manage to fix Wier, and bring her back in S5.

Wait, I didn't mention that I object to Dr. Keller. It's quite clear that TPTB brought her in just for the sake of adding a pretty girl to the ensemble. It may not be fair to judge her based on her first appearance, but Carson's first appearance was fantastic, he stole the scene, where Keller was bland at best. And being a med student, I find it somewhat insulting that TPTB expect us to believe that a sub-25 y/o girl can be the world's greatest doctor. Even if she was a prodigy, it's basically impossible for her to even have a degree in internal medicine, much less the experience to lead "the best-of-the-best."
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I wholeheartedly support this movement, but I hope you didn't make the mistake of taking the Save Dr. Keller thread I created seriously...

Comment

on was the SINGLE BEST character of the show, thats why we loved him!!

**cries into hands, runs upstairs and slams the door**

http://stargatefan1.blogspot.com/

Comment

The one thing that's apparent: Back when Atlantis started, the primary adversary was the Wraith. Over the past couple seasons, Atlantis has turned away from that adversary. In SG-1, the systems lords werew always the adversaries. And they stuck to that primary adversary throughout the whole of the series. Yes, there was the NID, and other adversarial races. But the focus did remain on the Gao'uld system lords.

In atlantis, the Wraith were established as the primary adversary pretty early on. However, the gradual turning away from the wraith as the primary adversary seems to affected some fans. Yes, the Genii and Asurans are a good for enemies, too. However, the extent to which TPTB have left the off to the side an adversary seems to have detracted from the series. How many wraith were seen in the last season? Not nearly as many as in seasons 1 and 2.

There's my two cents.

Comment

I think TPTB took their eye off the ball with Atlantis, such as they were concerned about the failing SG1 series. Now they're relatively focussed on Atlantis again, I hope they'll get back to some creative genius story-lines, worthy of their excellent cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                I'm devastated that they killed Bob & Steve. I don't know what those barbaric writers were thinking, I just want them to come back. Maybe they could have ascended or had been revived in a Goa'uld sarcophagus!
                Well, I'm convinced.
                They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

^^^^Me too. I'm changing my Signature^^^^

Instead of all that 'For Wraith, Hunger burns like Fire' I'l just have 'Save Bob & Steve'

And I'll change my Asgard Siganture to the one above.

What a Wonderful Thread.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    Well, I'm convinced.
                    Lmfao, mind if I use that sig?
                    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!as a proud member of the wraith defenders club I'm all for saving Bob & Steve! and all the other wraith that they murdered in cold blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Yes, more power to the wraith , let them ascend and come back to the show!
                      Plus , I want James back , he should play alongside with Cristopher : they make great wraith characters.
                      This thread is so cool
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                        I wholeheartedly support this movement, but I hope you didn't make the mistake of taking the Save Dr. Keller thread I created seriously...
                        I think he did since it was mentioned in the same line as SCB & SEW. Oops!

But I support this movement. I want the Wraith back in general. They look groovy and I love them as enemies.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I think he did since it was mentioned in the same line as SCB & SEW. Oops!

But I support this movement. I want the Wraith back in general. They look groovy and I love them as enemies.
                          From JM's latest entry in his blog:

Spoiler:
                          Anonymous #1 writes: “1. Hypothetically, if Teal'c and Ronon were to fight one on one, on whom would you put your money on to win. 2. Will we get see McKay getting slapped or something of that nature by Carter in season 4. 3. By the end of season 4 will the asurans or wraith be dealt with.

Answers: 1. Maybe we’ll get to find out. 2. No plans. 3. Hmmmmmmmm.
                          Number 3 gives the impression that something will happen along those lines. Asurans I doubt will get offed because they are the new main enemy, the enemy that tptb always imagined for the Atlantis expediton to be facing & much more powerful & harder to defeat than the Wraith.

So perhaps this thread may be more appropriately named 'Save the Wraith'!

Comment

Offing the Wraith would make me a sad girl. I love these guys. The Asurans are just so ... blah...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Wraith annihilated the Ancients over 100 years...we might see them offed in less than 5.......I sincerely hope not!

TPTB have said all along they initially had the Asurans down to be the main protagonists of the Atlantis Expedition.

Comment

Working...
                              X