Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will Carter Get Along With Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Will Carter Get Along With Atlantis?

Just wanter to see how everyone thinks Carter will get along with everyone, Well i think we all know how she'll get along wioth McKay but what about everone else.

I'd like to see how Ronon, Teyla and Carson get along with her mainly.
    sigpic
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Warning snark ahead....

The only people she'll have to get along with is Shep and McKay since it's basically their show. And since we already know what happens to Rodney when his precious Sam is around, I don't look forward to their interactions. And Sheppard will probably be handled the military way.

Blame this on a very bad day.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lol yeah i know how you feel just finished a 13 hour day but i still reckon itl be good to see how they all react
      sigpic

Comment

If previous writing is anything to go by, everyone will probably love her, she'll make all the right decisions and be generally perfect YAWN...

Comment

Well, the characters aren't children; they might miss Elizabeth, but I'm sure they'll treat Carter with respect, if not friendship right away.

Comment

Yeah i see that as the easy way out for the Writers/TPTB to get carter in there i wana see the atlantis expadition be different to her as if weir dies/coma/Recurring then sam might be the Leader and not really get along with them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
              ...but i still reckon itl be good to see how they all react
              Yeah, I don't really know how they will react. I'm thinking it'll just be, "Hi, I'm Cl. Sam Carter and I'm your new leader. (Bow before me!)" and that's about it.

Personally I want some distrust from all of them, especially the civilians. Remember that in The Siege II, Sheppard wanted Weir included in the loop (since she is the loop, thank you Zelenka) and because the members of the expedition trusted her.

Carter is military first, and only then a scientist (who only knows her field of science and probably thinks medicine is voodoo like Rodney).

I expect to see the same kind of relationship between her and Teyla as the one Teyla and Elizabeth shared, none whatsoever or maybe a fake-forced-looking friendship. Ronon will hopefully be one big oile of distrust towards the newbie and Sheppard has no other choice but to interact since she outranks him. And who else is there?

Zelenka will have to take a step aside to allow for more McKay/Carter-banter. Keller will probably not have any sort of relationship with the new leader than that she works for her, answers to her.

The Asurans and the Wraith will want to kill/eat her. The Genii...I don't know what they are up to.

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Carter is military first, and only then a scientist (who only knows her field of science and probably thinks medicine is voodoo like Rodney).
                Actually, she's helped with surgery before.

I know you're having a bad day, but really, if you're going to criticize, at least know a little about the thing you're criticizing.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Actually, she's helped with surgery before.
                  And that makes her qualified how? It doesn't mean you'll be able to help out in any of the other medical problems that may arise. Hell, everyone would be able to assist in surgery, as long as someone tells you what to do.

I wasn't criticizing in my second posting. I would have warned for more snark if I was.

Comment

Lol someone seems upset . Actualy yes if McKay is in love with Carter how will that interfeir with his new romance (Forgot her name)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
                      Lol someone seems upset . Actualy yes if McKay is in love with Carter how will that interfeir with his new romance (Forgot her name)
                      Dr. Katie Brown, the botanist Rodney is dating.

I don't think he's in love with Carter. He's just having an unhealthy obsession with blonde's, Carter being his biggest one.

Comment

Its sam carter foremost expert on the gate itself and member of sg1, who she is and what shes done demands respect.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          Its sam carter foremost expert on the gate itself and member of sg1, who she is and what shes done demands respect.
                          She's Miss Perfection impersonated, that in itself deems her worthy of a temple.

* Snark, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            And that makes her qualified how? It doesn't mean you'll be able to help out in any of the other medical problems that may arise. Hell, everyone would be able to assist in surgery, as long as someone tells you what to do.

I wasn't criticizing in my second posting. I would have warned for more snark if I was.
                            Maybe you should read what I quoted? You said she thinks medicine was voodoo, I pointed out she obviously doesn't. The end.

Really, if you're having a bad day, bringing that here doesn't make anyone's lives better. "Having a bad day" is no excuse for being insulting.

Comment

I wonder if Carter will be promoted to Colonel or higher. If not, Col Calwell or Ellis would be able to take command when they arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X