This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not sg1?

ok so im from usa and eagerly awaiting tommorow's premire of the backends of the 2 series... have read no spoilers and dont want it to be spoiled... but in sga's "the return part1" (season 3 midseason finale) it ends with the atlantis team heading through the gate, disobeying orders and trying to save atlantis and o'neill (very remineisant of "within the serpants grasp" (the sg1 season 1 finale).... why isnt sg-1 on board with this plan or doign something of their own? i highly doubt all members of sg1 would ever leave it to... yeah hes probably dead so why sacrifice ourselves... and death really isnt a reason not to do soemthing for teal'c... so why dont we see them perhaps tagging along and joining forces with the atlantis team to help save 1 of their own? it would make for a great episode and make sense!- maybe it does happen but nothing in those (next time on...) has shown anything to effect. seems like a job for sg1 more so than... sga-1?- i dunno... its almost like they kinda leave him out to dry on this 1..
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Would've been most excellent and I've thought that myself.

It would have made the episode prohibitively expensive and the screen-time requirements of having upwards of 10 main characters probably would need to make the ep a 3 parter.

Comment

Easy answer: $$$. They can't pay so much star in the cross-over episodes. I think you will like RDA in Return, part 2, so the "spirit of SG-1" will be there too.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Easy answer: $$$. They can't pay so much star in the cross-over episodes. I think you will like RDA in Return, part 2, so the "spirit of SG-1" will be there too.
        sweet cant wait (mannnn do i hate the sci-fi channel for being so far behind that stargate forums have become like a mine-field :-/
        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

I hope every American fan will watch live SG-1 and Atlantis tomorrow, because Quest 2 and Return 2 are one of the best episodes in the SG history. I would like to see 1,5+ rating!
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Spoiler:
            Cos the Atlantis team go against orders and to get SG-1 involved would expose them to being discovered.

That and if they went running to big brother every time they got into trouble then Atlantis would suffer in the long run.

And what everyone else has said about it being prohibitively expensive having the cast of SG-1 on board aswell as RDA and the regulars.

Its best that SGA-1 solve their own problems if Atlantis is to survive as the sole flag holder of the Stargate franchise...with the occasional guest appearance of course

Comment

Obviously in the SG Universe SG1 would be trying to save O'Neill as much as the SGA team were trying to get back but its just one of those things you have to accept wont happen with the shows being seperate.

I guess though it would have been nice if we got a little scene where perhaps Walter asks Landry if hes told SG1 yet and for example Landry tells him they are on a mission and it would only split their focus.

Comment

If you remember "Critical Mass", there they mentioned that Carter is also working with Lee to send the message about the Goa'uld to Atlantis without stargate. They also spoke about Carter's new anti-replicator weapons in Return, part 1. I like that the writers give us such information about the characters.

Comment

If Atlantis and SG-1 are supposed to be running more or less on the same timeline, SG-1 would have been off searching for the Sangraal about the time this all happened. That's assuming The Quest pt 1 and The Return Pt 1 happened in roughly the same time period.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

And this is Atlantis, not SG1.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                      ok so im from usa and eagerly awaiting tommorow's premire of the backends of the 2 series... have read no spoilers and dont want it to be spoiled... but in sga's "the return part1" (season 3 midseason finale) it ends with the atlantis team heading through the gate, disobeying orders and trying to save atlantis and o'neill (very remineisant of "within the serpants grasp" (the sg1 season 1 finale).... why isnt sg-1 on board with this plan or doign something of their own? i highly doubt all members of sg1 would ever leave it to... yeah hes probably dead so why sacrifice ourselves... and death really isnt a reason not to do soemthing for teal'c... so why dont we see them perhaps tagging along and joining forces with the atlantis team to help save 1 of their own? it would make for a great episode and make sense!- maybe it does happen but nothing in those (next time on...) has shown anything to effect. seems like a job for sg1 more so than... sga-1?- i dunno... its almost like they kinda leave him out to dry on this 1..
                      I've asked this before. If we take Quest & Return to be running parallel, the we have our answer.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Simply b/c it wouldnt make sense with Sg-1 looking for the Sangral at the exact same time.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                          They already have three major SG-1 characters guest starring: O'Neill, Landry, and Woosley. That's plenty! The in-story explanation could be that SG-1 was offworld and unaware of what was happening to Atlantis.

Comment

SG1 was offworld and hadnt heard the knews yet, and when they got back they were all.... OMG the WEE TURTLES!!! MUST SAVE THE WEE TURTLEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              SG1 was offworld and hadnt heard the knews yet, and when they got back they were all.... OMG the WEE TURTLES!!! MUST SAVE THE WEE TURTLEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!
                              Agree. Had SG-1 known about O'Neil in danger, they would no doubt risk their lives and defy orders to go save him.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                              X