PDA

View Full Version : "Self-doubt for one, (something) for another" - Joe Malozzi's Poem [Spoilers]

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I know there's been a lot of speculation about JM's poem, but one line's intrigued me more than the others and hasn't really been mentioned much...

"Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother."

Okay...the second lines about Jeannie Miller, but the parenthood for another...is one of our team going to be a mum or dad?

Speculation:

1. Weir is pregnant and is removed from her command
2. Sheppard's kirking comes back to bite him on the ass when an alien princess/priestess leaves a baby on the Atlantis steps
3. Ronon's kept a child a secret from the expedition (ala Teal'c)
4. Michael's somehow impregnated Teyla, and she's now carrying the saviour of the Wraith (ala Vala :P :D)
5. McKay or Zelenka's past catches up with them
or 6. Cadman, who has been mysteriously absent from the Daedalus and Atlantis arrives back in the city after maternity leave...

That's what I've got so far!

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Oh...another thought...

7. McKay gets Katie Brown pregnant

SaberBlade
April 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Well the last line is definitely Jeannie, and something tells me the first part is Shepperd but for parenthood I'd like to see McKay become a daddy, or in a weird twist, have Beckett have a kid.

Cadman liked Beckett although i'm not sure things went beyond that, and Katie/McKay had this things going on for a while.

I'd rather see it be one of them being a daddy (with Carson being a dad having that tragic twist to it). Maybe things didnt work out with Beckett because she was pregnant and she ended things with him.

Commander Ivanova
April 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Oh...another thought...

Ugh, no thanks.

How about Shep and Rodney stumble upon a mysterious Ancient device that accidentally combines their DNA and makes one of them pregnant? I can totally hear Hewlett going, Yes, let's all laugh at the pregnant man's expense.

Don't look at me like that. Are you saying I've been reading too much fanfic recently?

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Possibly :P

I'd love to see McKay become a dad, just cos we know how he is with kids

But it'd be good to see Ronon as a dad too, cos it'd be a whole new dimension to his character...Rodney already has a kid in his life :)

What I think would be interesting would be if one of the guys had a teenage son who joined the Army, or the Marines or the Air Force etc and arrives in Atlantis, and that maybe they're estranged.

Commander Ivanova
April 12th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Rodney already has a kid in his life :)

And by that you mean Sheppard? ;)

SGA4ever
April 12th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Sheppard is going to get carter pregnant you heard it here first :P

Blower'sGate
April 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I know there's been a lot of speculation about JM's poem, but one line's intrigued me more than the others and hasn't really been mentioned much...

Okay...the second lines about Jeannie Miller, but the parenthood for another...is one of our team going to be a mum or dad?

Speculation:

Lol, Weir's pregnant... but who's the father? I knew it was the asurans plan all along ! They're just like the Ori :D :P

SGA4ever
April 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Lol, Weir's pregnant... but who's the father? I knew it was the asurans plan all along ! They're just like the Ori :D :P

if the replocators got her pregent ...then season 4 is a rip off my bsg seasson 1

SGFerrit
April 12th, 2007, 07:57 AM
4. Michael's somehow impregnated Teyla, and she's now carrying the saviour

That, IMO, would make for VERY good stories on the show, and huge character development.

I doubt it would happen, but it would be so interesting. Good thinking sueKay:)

Suzotchka
April 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Ooo! Maybe Teyla's having Carsons baby! ;)

Wormhole
April 12th, 2007, 08:13 AM
6. Cadman, who has been mysteriously absent from the Daedalus and Atlantis arrives back in the city after maternity leave...

Afraid six is out. I think JM said not looking good when someone mentioned Cadman:( .

2. Sheppard's kirking comes back to bite him on the ass when an alien princess/priestess leaves a baby on the Atlantis steps :lol: .

1. Would be good maybe they find out when she's put under the scanner:D . Sheppard could be the father, well why not ;) .

But overall I like no.3
3. Ronon's kept a child a secret from the expedition (ala Teal'c).

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Sheppard is going to get carter pregnant you heard it here first :P

AGH! NO, I say NO!

SGA4ever
April 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
gate activates women holding a little girls hand. walks throught and john is walking down the steps

hi, see (insert kid name) that's you're daddy.

cue opeing creadits.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:21 AM
As for pregnancy mabey, it's Teyla impregnated with a clone Carson?

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Michael: Jinto, I am your father!

Rootortoise
April 12th, 2007, 08:25 AM
maybe its not a human baby..maybe they come across a wraith baby whilst theyre off world and take it in (id say teyla or shep are the ones to do this since theyre more open minded about the wraith)..didnt JM say we were gonna find out more about the wraith in season 4. then of course something will happen and theyll have to return the wraith baby in the end!

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:26 AM
maybe its not a human baby..maybe they come across a wraith baby whilst theyre off world and take it in (id say teyla or shep are the ones to do this since theyre more open minded about the wraith)..didnt JM say we were gonna find out more about the wraith in season 4. then of course something will happen and theyll have to return the wraith baby in the end!

Actually he said we would find out more about wraith children so it is very possible. Just I hope we don't find out how they reproduce.

SGA4ever
April 12th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Actually he said we would find out more about wraith children so it is very possible. Just I hope we don't find out how they reproduce.

mckay fathers a wraith baby that be great.

vaberella
April 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM

Speculation:

2. Sheppard's kirking comes back to bite him on the ass when an alien princess/priestess leaves a baby on the Atlantis steps
4. Michael's somehow impregnated Teyla, and she's now carrying the saviour of the Wraith (ala Vala :P :D)
or 6. Cadman, who has been mysteriously absent from the Daedalus and Atlantis arrives back in the city after maternity leave...

None of the above...

John goes back to Earth, makes a stop at his ex-wife's house or hears through the grapevine, said ex-wife has a kid and it's his. :D

As for pregnancy mabey, it's Teyla impregnated with a clone Carson?

That just sounds sick on so many levels Mitch! :( Reminds me of Taltos...ick! Ewww...a Carson Taltos, I'll have nightmares for a week now! :(

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM
None of the above...

John goes back to Earth, makes a stop at his ex-wife's house or hears through the grapevine, said ex-wife has a kid and it's his. :D

Too soap opera like.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 12th, 2007, 09:06 AM

I had a theory along those lines - If the Wraith queen is the only female in the hive how do they reproduce? What if the Wraith queen implants wraith embryos into human females and the Wraith children grow inside the woman and are born "almost" human (possibly killing the human "mother" at birth)

Now what happens if Teyla gets implanted...

vaberella
April 12th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Too soap opera like.

And Carson being resurrected from the dead isn't? :confused: :S :D

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Actually people returning from the dead is very sci fi indeed :)

vaberella
April 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Actually people returning from the dead is very sci fi indeed :)

It's a mainstay in every single soap opera I've ever watched----and I happen to watch every single soap opera (except Passions).... [Big ups to Soapnet!! They brought me back Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing and Dallas...~sigh~]

Not much of the scifi stuff I've watched had bringing people back from the dead. When they did, I had normally stopped watching before anyone was killed. While in soaps, people die every week and come back as a ghost, take over someone's body, went to swizterland to survive the death blow, or come back as a twin.

--I stick with it being John's kid.

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Okay...I think it's John or Ronon's kid

However, I'd like it to be Rodney or Ronon's kid :)

The Suicidal Goldfish
April 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'd LOVE it to be Shep's, however, I'm pretty confident it'll be sprog of Ronan.

Bit concerned it could turn into a Worf & Alexander type scenario though if I'm right.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
And Carson being resurrected from the dead isn't? :confused: :S :D

Good point.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Okay...I think it's John or Ronon's kid

However, I'd like it to be Rodney or Ronon's kid :)

Ronons now that would be a interesting idea. I really can't wait to see who it is.

firefly827347
April 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Maybe Teyla has a child? Or maybe someone adopts one, takes in a refugee from the Wraith.

SaberBlade
April 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM
What if parenthood is being taken a bit too literal (for lack of a better word) by thinking it's someone giving birth to their child.

What if the team is offworld and they come across an orphan creature and it accepts a team member as a surrogate parent. Wraith maybe, but i'm thinking more along the lines of baby dinosaur or something like that.

firefly827347
April 12th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Heehee, the T-rex planet!

Platschu
April 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I would like Weir to be pregnant, so her character will have a good reason to go back to Earth. ;)

talyn2k1
April 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Possibly :P

I'd love to see McKay become a dad, just cos we know how he is with kids

But it'd be good to see Ronon as a dad too, cos it'd be a whole new dimension to his character...Rodney already has a kid in his life :)

What I think would be interesting would be if one of the guys had a teenage son who joined the Army, or the Marines or the Air Force etc and arrives in Atlantis, and that maybe they're estranged.

Both of these sound like great ideas. It would be good to see McKay freaking out with a kid but the second option is also interesting although I don`t think anyone is old enough to have a teenage kid are they?!

Also the suggestion of the team having to look after a Wraith baby is very interesting.

About the only bad idea suggested so far is the Carson clone and savior of Wraith...and McShep baby!!

ToasterOnFire
April 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Lots of interesting ideas, but the ones I don't really care for are:

-Weir being pregnant - would be completely OOC for her.
-Shep and the kirking kid or ex-wife's kid - eh.
-Rodney and Katie - just because I'm not a big fan of the ship.
-Teyla, Michael, and the wraith savior baby ala Vala - NOOOOOOOOOO! :P

sueKay
April 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Sheppard, McKay, Weir and Zelenka are old enough to have a teenage kid if they started a family at a young age :)

I have a friend who's 19 and her mum's 36 so it's possible :0

SallyLizzie
April 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Taken from JM's blog:

"Anonymous #8 writes: “Do you think we will get to find out how the wraith reproduce?”

Answer: You will."

Ah, nevermind. ;)

PG15
April 12th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Oh, I know! Michael becomes a daddy. :D

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Taken from JM's blog:

"Anonymous #8 writes: “Do you think we will get to find out how the wraith reproduce?”

Answer: You will."

Ah, nevermind. ;)

I hope they don't "show" us how they reproduce.

SazZat
April 13th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Ugh, no thanks.

How about Shep and Rodney stumble upon a mysterious Ancient device that accidentally combines their DNA and makes one of them pregnant? I can totally hear Hewlett going, Yes, let's all laugh at the pregnant man's expense.

Don't look at me like that. Are you saying I've been reading too much fanfic recently?

That would be funny. Very simular to the story in Enterprise where Trip Tucker got pregnant though ;) But that was very funny so I'm sure SGA could do it even better.

1) Can't see it being Elizabeth...unless Sparky ship is actually more developed than anyone thinks ;)
2) possible. possible. but I can't see it somehow. a bit to cliche
3) hmmmm. this is likely.
4) when I read the line of hte poem this is what I first thought because we all know Teyla has her massive story arc this season...And I'm hoping it does have some link to Michael. He's basically a mad scientist, so we know he likes experimenting. Plus, Teyla has that whole wrath sensing gene which could be valuable.
5) boring
6) could be cute. but boring.

I did ask a question yesterday actually in JMs blog about this line of the poem and if it had anything to do with Teyla and Michael. No answer though. No news is good news ;)

Orlin2000
April 13th, 2007, 02:00 AM
One thing im certain of, if it is ronan who has to become a parent, it wont be him pulling a tealc, oh by the way ive got a family, it will be like, if anything a child he didnt know about, and he will be forced to change his gruff ways to care for a baby, or if the kid is older, his hell have to contend with a little ronan, but i highly doubt that tptb will do anything drastic like making someone a parent, hell it took them 8 yrs to get sam and jack together and even then they were an alternate timeline version, i reckon someone will be forced to become a parent for a while, Totally hoping its shep though, i want to know his back story, theyre just my thoughts.

SallyLizzie
April 13th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I hope they don't "show" us how they reproduce.
Aw, but even Wraith need some luvin' ;) :P

4) when I read the line of hte poem this is what I first thought because we all know Teyla has her massive story arc this season...And I'm hoping it does have some link to Michael. He's basically a mad scientist, so we know he likes experimenting. Plus, Teyla has that whole wrath sensing gene which could be valuable.
Wasn't there a line in the poem about "one of our own the enemy courts"? That could apply to Teyla and Michael.

SazZat
April 13th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Aw, but even Wraith need some luvin' ;) :P

Wasn't there a line in the poem about "one of our own the enemy courts"? That could apply to Teyla and Michael.

Yeah I did think of that line as well, but I wasn't so sure because it's the poem about the later half of SG1 season 10 as well so I thought maybe it could be refering to Daniel and the Ori.

I do think most of it is about SGA though, so yeah that is another possible line for Teyla and Michael...but also I do have this theory about Elizabeth and the Asurans, but that would be better discussed in another thread.

Could 'self-doubt for one' be refering to Rodney. I remember reading in JMs blog yesterday that Rodney was gonna get a sort of emotional episode or something. So self doubt could be Rodney.

vaberella
April 13th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Aw
Actually, a few of us believe that line from the poem is in reference to Ronon and how his former people from Sateda are wraith worshipers and try to get him to join them from Reunion.

SallyLizzie
April 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Ooh, that's a good theory, VB. :)

Saz, I thought the main part of JM's poem was all to do with the latter half of S3 and some of S4, and not anything to do with SG1.

Willow'sCat
April 13th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah I did think of that line as well, but I wasn't so sure because it's the poem about the later half of SG1 season 10 as well so I thought maybe it could be refering to Daniel and the Ori.No Joe clarified that it had nothing to do with SG-1 at all. It is only back half of season 3 and first half of season 4.

I still think if there is a child it will be Jeannie's. Joe has already hinted that Jeannie may come back. Also it wouldn't cause a huge problem with fandom if it was Jeannie's given she is happily married. No worries over fandom saying they just abandoned their kid or didn't care if "she had a kid" the type of thoughts I had about Jack during his One Hundred Days.

And really any child would have to leave Atlantis, it just makes bad TV to have kids around, or rarely works.... Kids are so annoying. :p

atlantis_babe34
April 14th, 2007, 01:57 AM

Deff Jeannie

i was thinking Sheppard ex wife but then i remembered thye hvae been on atlantis for 4 years so taht one wouldnt work:P.. unless she comes running back to john saying shes having a baby and needs johns help. jsut thinkign out loud here. Mybe its Jeannie.. still thinking out loud:P

vaberella
April 14th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Deff Jeannie

i was thinking Sheppard ex wife but then i remembered thye hvae been on atlantis for 4 years so taht one wouldnt work:P.. unless she comes running back to john saying shes having a baby and needs johns help. jsut thinkign out loud here. Mybe its Jeannie.. still thinking out loud:P

To the comment in bold...What if John goes back to Earth?
Jeannie is already a parent and in the state of parenthood, it wouldn't be parenthood for another. The sentence doesn't work too well with parenthood for another, when she's already a parent. It works easier for me when it's someone else.

Willow'sCat
April 14th, 2007, 03:38 PM
The sentence doesn't work too well with parenthood for another, when she's already a parent. It works easier for me when it's someone else.
I was thinking both lines are related to Miller's Crossing; just because you already have a kid doesn't mean you have it all worked out... self doubt could be Rodney and Parenthood could be problems with Maddy for Jeannie... a family crisis! I know it is scifi but I am sure they can come up with some alien threat to keep everyone happy (or grumbling) :p

I don't think it has to mean a baby or a new state of Parenthood in other words. ;)

atlantis_babe34
April 14th, 2007, 09:05 PM
^^^ Thats what i was getting at... Its still parenthood if you have another kid

Willow'sCat
April 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
^^^ Thats what i was getting at... Its still parenthood if you have another kidExactly! ;)

It could be related to Jeannie but not as in her being pregnant or it could even related to another character but not as in "being pregnant". Or it may related to being a parent already. And it is a poem, they are not always known for being accurate (you use the terminology that fits the poem not necessarily the facts).

I just hope it is Jeannie as it will make things easier IMHO.

Maltrancko
April 15th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Oh...another thought...

Is McKay even anatomically correct? with all the things that have happened - IE a gay kiss

is he even capable lol lmao!

Starxgate
April 15th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Sheppard is the ladies man of the team so this will probably be about Sheppard

atlantis_babe34
April 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Is McKay even anatomically correct? with all the things that have happened - IE a gay kiss

is he even capable lol lmao!

lol...on JM's blog someone asked

are we going to see more of katie and more of katie and rodney, and JM answered Yes and yes

i dont know if the bold has significance bu that was interesting when i read that... hmmm *ponders this*

vaberella
April 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I was thinking both lines are related to Miller's Crossing; just because you already have a kid doesn't mean you have it all worked out... self doubt could be Rodney and Parenthood could be problems with Maddy for Jeannie... a family crisis! I know it is scifi but I am sure they can come up with some alien threat to keep everyone happy (or grumbling) :p

I don't think it has to mean a baby or a new state of Parenthood in other words. ;)
So what? McKay is stuck babysitting or something? Maybe the kid is a child genius and she will bring about the end of the wraith?

Or are we going to deal with Maddie needing a transplant and only Uncle Mc has the ability to cure her----hence his vulnerability and we also get the parenthood because he ends up bonding with her?!

I could have sworn I saw that on All My Children or was it Days---No, no, I think it was One Life to Live! Actually, they've all had something similar... :S :D

sueKay
April 16th, 2007, 03:10 AM
The parenthood line doesn't refer to Jeannie. JM said each verse points to at least two episodes

SazZat
April 16th, 2007, 03:26 AM
-I think Jeannie is too obvious, personally.
-I also think that making Shep being the parent is a bit too cliche...but not out of the question. It's all probable.
-Rodney/Katie is probable, but it would be more funny to see Rodney accidentally find himself pregnant thanks to some alien device thing...not sure if that would fit into a much darker themed season though.
-Teyla is still a definite probability. Maybe leading to that theory about Wraith needing a human to incubate the baby in the pregnancy stage. We all know Michael likes his experiments.

I'm still not convinced entirely about what it all means though. In truth I would more likely say that 'parenthood' is being used in a way different to how we're thinking...like maybe one of the team develops a bond to a child and sort of like adopts them. Kind of like how Sam connected with Cassie and she was brought back to earth.
That's what I'm thinking it will be anyway. And if that is the case I would say that this could link most likely to Ronan, Shep, or McKay. More likely one of the guys than one of the girls ;)

Kanten
April 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Rodney adopts the last living Asgard......haha.

Wombatbaby
April 19th, 2007, 10:43 PM

That brings so many frightening thoughts to my twisted mind! :valaanime03:

Willow'sCat
April 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM
The parenthood line doesn't refer to Jeannie. JM said each verse points to at least two episodes
Well we don't even know if Kate will be in any eps... well not that I know of, so why not two? Anyway I don't like the idea of it being one of the main cast, so I am sticking to it being Jeannie. :P

Also SGA is never subtle, and since when don't they steal ideas from soaps? Gray's Anatomy anyone? And the whole back from the dead is pure soap opera staple :cool: :rolleyes:

It could be Wraith? :S *excuse me while I puke* :D