This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrades

I dont know if there is a thread about new upgrades so im starting this one.

Now that sg1 season 10 has ended with asgard upgrades,I would expect they would upgrade the Apollo,atleast thats what I would do.
    Further we have seen the p90 in sg1 and sga,I was wondering if there would ever come a p90 equiped with some sort of laserblaster.
    What about the asgard cloacking device oneill encountered once.

What kind of upgrades would you like to see in season 4???

Originally posted by Solarblazer View Post
    p90 equiped with some sort of laserblaster.
    Oh dear....

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
      Oh dear....
      I know the blaster part is a little too fantasia,but I was wondering what people think about new ship upgrades for season 4 from sg1 unending.
      And ofcourse other thoughts about upgrades.

Comment

If those upgrades could cut through an Ori ship in a few seconds then I don't think it would have much trouble taking out a whole fleet of Wraith ships in no time. That would make us way too powerful. Heck the Oddyssey could probably take out the Asurans ships.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

there they go again with too powerfull!

too powerfull is superman with a yellow sun straped on his back.

first the asgard designed the weapons against the ori.

oddesy was almost destroyed even with all the upgrades.

oddesy will be destroyed against all the remaining hive ships and maybe new hive ships are already build.

against the asurans in a sense they fight against the ancients only better.

oddesy had the backup of a zpm the other ships dont.

there are so many factors people forget that they say easy we are to powerfull then.

how many times has atlantis been taken over or almost destroyed they dont even have the man power to fight one enemy.

one thing is for sure funding can go way down becouse of the asgard matter thingy.

and another thing if it comes near mackay or it brakes down drained or destroyed.

Comment

One problem with upgrading is that probably only a portion of the technology on the odyssey could be duplicated. They overhauled many internal systems. Things like the computer core cannot be replicated by them. The weapon systems could be but the rest I doubt it would be possible for a long time especially since they also need a power source for it as well. While their may be schematics for the technology that is meaningless if they don't have the infrastructure in place to manufacture it. They don't have the elements and while they could create it using the beaming system I think that it would be a waste of power and would be an inefficient use of it. Plus you can't replicate a power source because it would cost as much power as it creates to do so if not more. So I think that the weapon systems will be replicated but the time dilation technology and the core will not stay unique. This makes the ship a resource and a very tempting target for enemies so it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Comment

it's much easy'er to use the asgard technology and database it's design and use were specificly made for the humans to use build and duplicate and if they hit a roadblock they can use the AESTH.

AESTH:Asgard Emergency Science and Technology Hologram.

the computer code was build for easy use and for easy to manufacture there asgard technology to uphold there legacy.

Comment

Working...
              X