• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTGODN© Major Announcemnt: StargateSG1.com©

Hi All,

Here is some news !

QUOTE: TrueFD @ StarGateSG1.Com©
    MGM will be moving both sites to new urls, stargatecommunity.com (most likely), this weekend. MGM is creating new official sites for promotions, etc. and DAVE Networks is taking over SG-1 and Atlantis. Don't worry, your profile pages and accounts will remain.)

What this means to you? Updated profile tools, site fixes, and the Stargate Atlantis site will have its community added (which your usernames and passwords will also work on.) This is all being done because of illegal stuff on this site and to provide you with very cool stuff without corporate permissions and legal red tape. So keep these sites safe, keep them clean, and we will forever have the coolest video communities ever. Kirk out.
    END QUOTE:

For more information please go to:

http://keepthegateopen.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=571

Illegal stuff?

So...what, another YouTube-like vid massacre?

Comment

No, it is no video massacre. MGM is only asking all members on the Stargatesg1.com site to remove the videos that have the scifi watermark in them. Other ones don't have to be deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
        No, it is no video massacre. MGM is only asking all members on the Stargatesg1.com site to remove the videos that have the scifi watermark in them. Other ones don't have to be deleted.
        Is having the scifi channel logo in music videos the same thing the scifi watermark in music videos, I'm not sure but want to make sure?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          Is having the scifi channel logo in music videos the same thing the scifi watermark in music videos, I'm not sure but want to make sure?
          YES. Same thing.

Comment

Okay. Dumb question here.

Why does it matter if it has Scifi's logo or not?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I guess then they know that you got it illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                But you can say exactly the same about vids with Sky One logo in them. They will never know where I took the episode from and whether I'm UK/Ireland based or not.

I guess it has something to do with SciFi/NBC/Universal not wanting to have "their" stuff anywhere they don't have control.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  YES. Same thing.

Thanks for the answer. Now I know not to waste my time getting account over there when they come back on-line because I'd only be able to put my first 3 music videos up there.

This almost like a blow to the amercian fans who make music videos where video capping clips from episodes taped off of Sci-fi is the only way they can get clips.

I just hope this only applys to sites where you can only view the music video and that they don't go after photo art.

quick side note: Did something like this happen to Buffy way back when. I thought I read something like way back when?
                  Last edited by planet_tv; 14 April 2007, 03:56 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Yet the songs used will be illegal.
                    The "ripping" of the DVDs is illegal in most countries; I assume the US is the same?

So why are they doing this again?

Comment

MGM allows it to take the episodes from the DVD and make clips with them. But you are only allowed to put the videos on the MGM site and nowhere else like YouTube etc.

@PlanetTV

I am sorry, but they are also against pictures with the SciFi watermark in them. But that should be no problem. Just cut the watermark out or put something above it.

Comment

MGM allows it to take the episodes from the DVD and make clips with them. But you are only allowed to put the videos on the MGM site and nowhere else like YouTube etc.

@PlanetTV

I am sorry, but they are also against pictures with the SciFi watermark in them. But that should be no problem. Just cut the watermark out or put something above it.
                        Is it only SciFi logo thing? What about Stargate screencaps with another channel's logo in them? From the outside of USA?

Comment

At the moment it is only the scifi logo, so other logos in pictures are still allowed. But that might happen later. For more information on this topic visit: http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/Pro...93&page=308756

Comment

Is this official? It looks like it's from KeepTheGateOpen.net, not MGM.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Really? Even if *IF* MGM allows it which I doubt as copyright laws prohibit it in most countries (ripping of DVDs) unless you are using no music (and then I ask why bother) or your own composition, you are still breaching someones copyright(s). So again what is the diff?

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              Is this official? It looks like it's from KeepTheGateOpen.net, not MGM.
                              I have no idea, there are so many sites claiming to be "official" these days. I couldn't even find a link on the Official MGM site to a forum so I would assume this is a "fan" run site not wanting to get in trouble with MGM *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X