Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Horizon? Sam can blow up a sun! Major Spoilers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Horizon? Sam can blow up a sun! Major Spoilers.

If the Asurans were looked at as such a threat (which they were), why didn't the Tau'ri just blow up the Asuran sun?

Someone on here counted 42 Aurora-class Warships. Aurora is the most powerful class of WarShip ever seen in Stargate. A single one would put up one heck of a fight against the collective force of the Milky Way. A handful would have a decisive victory against every Warship in the Milky Way. 42 would mow down all 3 Galaxies in months.

So with such a threat, why not annihilated their entire civilization? The PWARW would've accomplished the same thing, and Area 51 had been working on it.

Why didn't Wier have the Apollo go blow up their Sun, when Atlantis was under attack?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

TPTB clearly want to keep them as an enemy, i detest them however.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      If the Asurans were looked at as such a threat (which they were), why didn't the Tau'ri just blow up the Asuran sun?

Someone on here counted 42 Aurora-class Warships. Aurora is the most powerful class of WarShip ever seen in Stargate. A single one would put up one heck of a fight against the collective force of the Milky Way. A handful would have a decisive victory against every Warship in the Milky Way. 42 would mow down all 3 Galaxies in months.

So with such a threat, why not annihilated their entire civilization? The PWARW would've accomplished the same thing, and Area 51 had been working on it.

Why didn't Wier have the Apollo go blow up their Sun, when Atlantis was under attack?
      Like Marty said that would have pretty much stopped them from being an enemy. It would have pretty much destroyed them as a whole. Also it would have been too quick and easy. It was done before and was done well then but shouldnt be done again. Also I like the Asurans and wouldnt like them killed off so easily.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Their solar systen could have been inhabited by other humans. They did it in SG1 because the solar system was barron, there were no other inhabited worlds in the system.

secondly, like the others have said. Killing them off would mean no more Asurans and no First Strike.

Also, this looked sooo much cooler!
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

The method Carter used required something special - namely a blackhole with a stargate nearby

Maybe there wasn't one available for the Stargate team to use. If people are thinking of the gate from Pegasus project I think that wasn't close enough as the Gate used by Carter was suffering much more time dialation than the gate in Pegasus Project (Cater used the gate from the earlier blackhole episode of stargate)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
            Their solar systen could have been inhabited by other humans. They did it in SG1 because the solar system was barron, there were no other inhabited worlds in the system.

secondly, like the others have said. Killing them off would mean no more Asurans and no First Strike.

Also, this looked sooo much cooler!
            Agreed. Way cooler. Loved the way the Horizon looked.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

who says the PWARW will work they already used the gun version and the asurans are connected so they know about it and when they do it on the planet the shield can work against them or there is already a code in play.

Comment

blowing up was cool and in my opinion it should only be a one-off and if they did that then many would its sg-1 all over again, so the tptb needed something that was entirely different to certain ideas from sg-1 so maybe the horizon was a good idea to use.
                sigpic

Comment

Blowing up a sun is a once in a life time situation and is extremely dangerous effecting many - The expedition and Carter would only use it as a last minute thing and if they had the resources to do it
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

Because then you wouldn't have part two, wouldn't be moving the city off the planet. Plus you can't just keep blowing up suns willy-nilly

Yeah, it would have eradicated the entire Asuran threat. Too bad.

Comment

How about because they didn't particularly fancy genocidal action on a sentient race?

Seems a pretty fair reason to me!

Comment

Well if the PWARW was ready they would have used that, and when we finally defeat them im damn sure its guna be genocidal seeing as they are replicators and the onyl way to full get rid of them would be to kill them all at once.

Comment

PWARW could be used for local defense.

While I agree it likely, ultimately they will wipe out ALL the Asurans, I believe they would rather try to force them to avoid Tauri/Lantean worlds for the time being and see how that goes.

Comment

The Tau'ri didn't blow up the Asuran sun for the same reason the Lanteans didn't destroy the Asurans in the first place with that fancy anti-replicator weapon they created (as the Asgard did in New Order - Part 2). Plot hole. Plus, TPTB obviously wanted to show some "cool" nuclear blasts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Heh, those were pretty cool. Plus I did enjoy finally seeing Atlantis sink and fly. Plus, if we could take them out that easily they wouldn't have been much of an enemy.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Working...
                              X