This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will he return? Spoilers for the later part of season 4

Silly or Serious. The best ways to bring back Beckett.

I imagine that TPTB have been waiting for this thread, since they probably haven't really thought of a viable way to bring back Beckett. And they're waiting for one of us to think something up that strikes their fancy. They'll then say they came up with it months ago .

-------

Okay, here are two I thought up:

Semi-serious, but unlikly:
    The tumor never really exploded. The cause of the explosions was Loki, the Asgard. He had been monitoring Atlantis for some time (in a cloaked Asgard Vessel), and saw Carson carrying the explosive tumor as the perfect opportunity to snag him.

Although Carson doesn't have the ATA Gene at the same levels as Colonel O'Neill, Thor never put the cypher preventing cloning in Beckett's DNA. Loki has taken it upon himself to bring back his fallen race, and during Atlantis S3.5-4.0 Carson has been helping him.

Being the Tau'ri's greatest doctor, and possessing the ATA gene, Carson has been very helpful. He hasn't contacted Atlantis because he's basically a prisoner.

Silly:
    A Carson Embryo winds up implanted in Dr. Keller. He grows rapidly, and eventually hatches out of her. Since he's bigger than her (and he hatches full-grown) one day, she basically "pops," and when the smoke clears, Carson's standing there.

He then greets them by waving, and saying : "Hi all."

-------

Silly AND Serious ideas are welcomed.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

First time post, so be gentle people!

The only way I can foresee the return of Dr. Beckett is somehow Michael CLONES him in some bizarre fashion and reasoning to help with his uber-wraith soldiers.

It fits with the established plot-lines, we know Michael is a bit of a whizz at bio-chemistry...and more importantly its a sufficiently huge revelation for it to be the mid-season 2 parter that Joe has kept referring to.

TSG

Comment

Dude alot of people dont know beckett has died yet, i have but i mean america dont get it for a good few weeks yet.

Comment

Dude i know its your first post but alot of people havent seen sunday yet so they dont know what happens, i have but america dont get it for a few weeks yet. sorry for the moaning on your first post man.

Comment

Its sound, but in all seriousness, I would like to find a user of these forums who DOESN'T know what happens! I mean, it's almost explicitly said on the Gateworld homepage!

I've not said what happens to him or what the plot-line hints given by Joe Mallozzi are.

I've been a long-time lurker round these parts and am fairly confident not to have given anything away to any unfortunate souls who haven't had their day spoiled by 'Sunday' yet.

TSG

Comment

I suppose he could of been cloned, but then he'd have no memory, which would be weird.

Comment

Fair point, and something I'd considered...my best effort being some wraith genetic memory device...all I've got on that one I'm afraid.

Comment

That's why it says "*SPOILERS*" in the title. And in the Forum Help Thread, it says that casting changes aren't spoilers since it's public news.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                  Dude alot of people dont know beckett has died yet, i have but i mean america dont get it for a good few weeks yet.
                  This is the season 4 forum - if people don't want to be spoiled for what happened in season 3 they shouldn't be here
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    S
                    Semi-serious, but unlikly:
                    The tumor never really exploded. The cause of the explosions was Loki, the Asgard. He had been monitoring Atlantis for some time (in a cloaked Asgard Vessel), and saw Carson carrying the explosive tumor as the perfect opportunity to snag him.

Although Carson doesn't have the ATA Gene at the same levels as Colonel O'Neill, Thor never put the cypher preventing cloning in Beckett's DNA. Loki has taken it upon himself to bring back his fallen race, and during Atlantis S3.5-4.0 Carson has been helping him.

Being the Tau'ri's greatest doctor, and possessing the ATA gene, Carson has been very helpful. He hasn't contacted Atlantis because he's basically a prisoner.
                    Incredibly unlikely as...
                    Spoiler:
                    The entire Asgard race comitted sucide in "Unending"

How about Rodney wakes up and hears the shower running - when he goes to check its Carson. Rodney then realises that Carson's death was all a dream brought on by spicy food before bed...
                    sigpic

Comment

TPTB use the reset button again and his death never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                        Incredibly unlikely as...
                        Spoiler:
                        The entire Asgard race comitted sucide in "Unending"
                        Spoiler:
                        We don't know about Loki specifically. He was a rogue, so it's possible that he didn't even participate in the degenerating gene swap. He also doesn't seem the type to hop on the suicide bandwagon.

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                        How about Rodney wakes up and hears the shower running - when he goes to check its Carson. Rodney then realises that Carson's death was all a dream brought on by spicy food before bed...
                        So are we to imagine them having an intimate relationship then? People usually don't shower at friend's homes. lol. Anyway, that would Retcon the latter half of S3, and since they did want to demote Wier, and leave Lantea.....
                        sigpic
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

He will return as a replicator!

Comment

Originally posted by Flibble View Post
                            if fans want to know how we plan on bringing the good doctor back from the dead, they should seek out the hidden clue when the back half of Season Three returns to SCI FI this Friday, April 13th
                            what about that? we should seek that clue.
                            Patito

Comment

Damn I thought this thread was gonna be about Jesus.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X