X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But we don't want him back. Spoilers for Sunday and later season 4

"Anti-Beckett returning thread

In an very exciting announcement, the Save Carson Beckett Campaign is thrilled to announce the resurfacing of Dr. Carson Beckett, played by Paul McGillion, for a few episodes in the later half of season 4.
    please use this thread to ***** and complain about the return of beckett.
    Last edited by SGA4ever; 15 April 2007, 07:11 AM.

Originally posted by SGA4ever View Post
    spoliers for season 3 sunday

This thread is for those who don't want Beckett back he was

Sunday spoiler killed in season 3 Sunday and IMO stay dead to actually sell the effect of his death.

bring him back makes his death in season 3 meaningless.
    With respect though...doesn't it matter how he's brought back? What if it's in the form of a memory or something?

I love Beckett so I wouldn't mind seeing him again...as long as his return to the screen isn't cheesy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      With respect though...doesn't it matter how he's brought back? What if it's in the form of a memory or something?

I love Beckett so I wouldn't mind seeing him again...as long as his return to the screen isn't cheesy.
      well my understanding is that it will be the real beckett whic to me makes the events of sunday pointless.

i understand janet's return in season 9 cause it was done correctly.

Comment

Absolutely. This is totally lame.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I suspect time travel or an alternate reality will come into play. Even if it's Dr. Beckett from the Bizarro World, it's still Dr. Beckett in the flesh. In "McKay and Mrs. Miller," Bizzaro McKay was no less McKay then our McKay.

There should be a poll on how Beckett will return listing all possibilities as choices: time travel, alternate reality, flashback, clone, Asuran Beckett, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            I suspect time travel or an alternate reality will come into play. Even if it's Dr. Beckett from the Bizarro World, it's still Dr. Beckett in the flesh. In "McKay and Mrs. Miller," Bizzaro McKay was no less McKay then our McKay.

There should be a poll on how Beckett will return listing all possibilities as choices: time travel, alternate reality, flashback, clone, Asuran Beckett, and so on.

JM said there would be no time travel or AU stuff involved.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

That's dissapointing. However, I've yet to be dissapointed by this series, so I'm looking forward to how they bring back Beckett. This makes me wonder if Ascension has something to do with it.

Comment

It all depends on how they handle the return, if he's just alive again and everything is back to normal well that would suck (we know atleast he won't be back permanently in season 4)

However if coming back seriously screws him up, changes him and his relationships with those around him it could ake for some good T.V.

I'm hoping tptb go for the second option
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                  It all depends on how they handle the return, if he's just alive again and everything is back to normal well that would suck (we know atleast he won't be back permanently in season 4)

However if coming back seriously screws him up, changes him and his relationships with those around him it could ake for some good T.V.

I'm hoping tptb go for the second option
                  I doubt they will do the first option. I have faith they will do it well.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I mourned for him like the rest, but I really think the writers(and fans) need to move on!

Comment

As long as the writers make the way he comes back make sense I'll be happy. There usually good when dealing with that type of stuff so I don't have any worries.
                      Actor
                      [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Hey, I'm part of the SCB campaign team and I DO NOT want to simply see him pop back and it be like nothing happened. I want it to MEAN something which is the issue I had with his death...meaningless, pointless and of no overall benefit to the show. I want it to BRING something to the show. I want to see it having some effect on ALL the characters, storylines and for Carson himself, though it (hopefully) be OUR Carson to be changed by whatever happened to him, otherwise whats the point? For starters it gives Paul as an actor something to sink his teeth into and the writers ways to generate some good emotional drama (not just for Carson but for all the other characters too).

It doesn't have to lessen or cheapen the show, that all depends on how its handled, how well its written and acted, and how well they put the episode together. Done right it could be some seriously kick ass piece of tv. Done wrong it'll blow and kind of defeat the purposes behind the whole 'Save Carson' campaign. For me at least, we want him back because we believe he is important to the show, not just for the sake of bringing back the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          That's dissapointing. However, I've yet to be dissapointed by this series, so I'm looking forward to how they bring back Beckett. This makes me wonder if Ascension has something to do with it.
                          Think its been said that not what happens either. Could be wrong though.

I enjoyed Becketts character but I hope that this does not mean Dr Keller gets booted out. I hope both remain on the show. Personally, I think they should have had it that Beckett transferred back to Earth for a while rather then kill him or disappear on an offworld mission.

Also, its been said that Becketts return has a link to some plot element in this season. Guess we will have to wait and see.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

So is this the "Anti-Beckett returning thread?" why didn't you name it that?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                              So is this the "Anti-Beckett returning thread?" why didn't you name it that?
                              all fixed but the title
                              Last edited by SGA4ever; 11 April 2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X