This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, the Movies are NOT censored!

Well since the movies aren't being produced for basic cable, network censors won't be in the equation.

How do you think TPTB will capitalize on this? Silly or Serious answers.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

I don't know if they will capatalise on it...how could they?
    Maybe have Teal'c swear (like Data did), or have a particularly gory (sp?) fight scene. They could have Cam or Teal'c break a Prior's neck, I suppose, or have Adria flay someone alive or something. But considering that we saw Vala burned alive, I don't think it's gonna make a massive difference, to be honest.
    And whatever they put in the movie is going to effect its age rating, considering Stargate is liked among teenagers, it wouldn't be smart to give us an 18 (for UK. Is R the highest rating in US?) movie that parents might be iffy about letting their kids watch.
    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

More frontal nudity like the pilot?

I dunno.

Comment

They wont, but they could do a flashback to COTG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
          More frontal nudity like the pilot?
          lol, a half hour women's locker room scene with Sam & Vala in the showers.

Seriously though, I don't think cable would censor Teal'c snapping a Prior's neck. Angel was on Broadcast (stricter than cable), and he snapped necks every week.

Teal'c cursing might be funny.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Nudity

But I would like to see a very gory battle or some F-Bombs flying here and there that would be great
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Stargate is not the type of show that explores sexual situations, so I don't think we'll see anything of that nature. At worst, I think there will be more cursing than usual and a little more violence than one might see in a TV episode. I'd expect a rating of PG or PG-13.

Comment

Yeah either nudity or GORE!!! - or GORE AND NUDITY!

Comment

They're not going to be horror movies.

Comment

I think a PG-13 rating is in order. Maybe a little more violence (aim for people's heads with those P-90s) and a few S-bombs. Nothing too out there, as the established shows don't have a lot of swearing and stuff. But something along the lines of what they did with the Trek movies, Serenity, X-Files...
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      Stargate is not the type of show that explores sexual situations, so I don't think we'll see anything of that nature. At worst, I think there will be more cursing than usual and a little more violence than one might see in a TV episode. I'd expect a rating of PG or PG-13.
                      I agree. TPTB don't agree with that type of thing. At most mabey a little more cursing but I doubt it. They will likely stayy with the tried and true formulae.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        They're not going to be horror movies.
                        Exactly. This nudity talk gets a little old.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As for gore, watch "Sateda" or "Talion." I for one was joking about the nudity. I wouldn't want it in Stargate.
                          sigpic
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                            Yeah either nudity or GORE!!! - or GORE AND NUDITY!
                            Yeah. Like 300. That was a decent combo althought the sex scenes didnt really belong in there.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              Well since the movies aren't being produced for basic cable, network censors won't be in the equation.

How do you think TPTB will capitalize on this? Silly or Serious answers.
                              cool we might finaslly get that carter/jack hot sex scene the shipper have always wanted!!

Comment

Working...
                              X