PDA

View Full Version : The Save Dr. Keller Thread... (Spoilers)

Copernicus
April 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
With the current news about the return of Dr. Carson Beckett, it is only a matter of time before somebody (I'm looking at you, Mr. Gero), gets the idea to kill one of them off for dramatic effect.

The purpose of this thread is...well...uh...I don't know enough about Dr. Keller to really want her saved yet, but mark my words, there is a reasonable chance that I will at some point!

So for those of you that want to see this character get a fair shot in Atlantis, post away.

SaberBlade
April 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think it's way to early for this to be honest.

She could turn out the be an extremely bad character, someone who we would want to axe for Carson 'Wee Baby Turtles' Beckett to replace. Right now he's only getting a few S4 appearances, but nothing is set in stone about season 5 beyond what, "the door is open for season 5 appearances". Not exactly hard proof she'll be gotten rid off.

So your inituative is good, but way too early.

Copernicus
April 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I think it's way to early for this to be honest.

She could turn out the be an extremely bad character, someone who we would want to axe for Carson 'Wee Baby Turtles' Beckett to replace. Right now he's only getting a few S4 appearances, but nothing is set in stone about season 5 beyond what, "the door is open for season 5 appearances". Not exactly hard proof she'll be gotten rid off.

So your inituative is good, but way too early.
Ah, but sometimes needlessly early threads can be amusing in their own right.

I'm not going to lie: this thread is designed to be somewhat light-hearted. I hope that's allowed.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Copernicus...you're out of control. ~sigh~ :D

Ah, but sometimes needlessly early threads can be amusing in their own right.

I'm not going to lie: this thread is designed to be somewhat light-hearted. I hope that's allowed.

It totally is. :D

Copernicus
April 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Copernicus...you're out of control. ~sigh~ :D
It's post like crazy or study more Investments. The winner should be obvious.

Ripple in Space
April 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Her character's 1st appearance was bland. If it comes down to one or the other, I'll join the *Don't Save Dr. Keller* camp.

Carson's first appearance was great, if any of you've seen Rising.

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Yes! Absolutley! Sign me up for the Save Dr. Keller campaign! This lovely courageous doctor must be around for a long time to come! Anyone have web-space we can use?

prion
April 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
With the current news about the return of Dr. Carson Beckett, it is only a matter of time before somebody (I'm looking at you, Mr. Gero), gets the idea to kill one of them off for dramatic effect.

The purpose of this thread is...well...uh...I don't know enough about Dr. Keller to really want her saved yet, but mark my words, there is a reasonable chance that I will at some point!

So for those of you that want to see this character get a fair shot in Atlantis, post away.

Well, she's already got this axe hanging over head. She's the base's physician.

Let's see, Janet? DEAD. Beckett. DEAD (well, until you heard the news they're going to bring him back, but I'm reserving judgement in what form they're bringing him back).

Yeah, she's got a bullseye on her back ;)

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Well, she's already got this axe hanging over head. She's the base's physician.

Let's see, Janet? DEAD. Beckett. DEAD (well, until you heard the news they're going to bring him back, but I'm reserving judgement in what form they're bringing him back).

Yeah, she's got a bullseye on her back ;)

Oh, gosh! That's funny, but NOT funny. Oy.... maybe someone should warn the next person they consider for doctor. ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
April 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
2 doctors in 13 seasons eh?

She'll be lucky if she gets a paying job for more than 3 season, thats hardly anything (how long did her last show go on for again? 23 episodes)

SGA4ever
April 10th, 2007, 05:50 PM
the second half of season 3 hasn't even aired yet and most americans like me have no idea about keller and we haven't seen her yet.

so it's to early to freak out.

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
2 doctors in 13 seasons eh?

She'll be lucky if she gets a paying job for more than 3 season, thats hardly anything (how long did her last show go on for again? 23 episodes)

You know it's really hard to tell if it's too early for this. I liked her first appearance and hope she stays on for a while. Where is this news about Carson returning coming from?

Steve_the_Wraith
April 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM
You know it's really hard to tell if it's too early for this. I liked her first appearance and hope she stays on for a while. Where is this news about Carson returning coming from?
Joe Mallozzi gave an interview to the Save Beckett website - you can find more fo in "the Doc is in" thread

the fifth man
April 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Joe Mallozzi gave an interview to the Save Beckett website - you can find more fo in "the Doc is in" thread

Personally, I'm just happy Carson will be back at all. I don't think Keller will be going anyplace right away anyways.

rarocks24
April 10th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I don't know why, but I'm getting the sense of deja vu...

There's a name on the top of my head but the Powers that be have told me to forget about it, gosh, what was his name...argh this is frustrating...

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM

Thanks. I'm glad they are bringing him back.

Easter Lily
April 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I don't see why she has to go just because Beckett's coming back... and at this stage, we're not even sure how he's coming back either.

Quinn Mallory
April 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Dr. Keller will either be a beloved character who will be a target to be killed byh the writer for dramatic effects (and then a subject of fan campaign to save) or a horribly written character that the fans won't care for one way or another but then the writers won't care to kill off either.

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I don't see why she has to go just because Beckett's coming back... and at this stage, we're not even sure how he's coming back either.

Exactly and I have an idea on that front At the end of Sunday we saw beckett talking to Rodney through a vision similar to what Daniel did with jack in Meridian. What if he actually ascended and then descends?

Klenotka
April 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think...that you people have waaaay too much free time :p

Falcon Horus
April 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Exactly and I have an idea on that front At the end of Sunday we saw beckett talking to Rodney through a vision similar to what Daniel did with jack in Meridian. What if he actually ascended and then descends?

No, thank you. Ascencion has become boring and for the record humans aren't developed enough to ascend on their own. We need help from higher planes to do so. I don't know about you, but ascended beings near Atlantis...I only know two, Chaya and Morgan Lefay. And they don't seem to be in a very good position to do any ascencion-helping any time soon.

On the subject of Keller... It's never too early to start a Save (name of the one needing saving) Campaign. :p

Copernicus
April 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
No, thank you. Ascencion has become boring and for the record humans aren't developed enough to ascend on their own. We need help from higher planes to do so. I don't know about you, but ascended beings near Atlantis...I only know two, Chaya and Morgan Lefay. And they don't seem to be in a very good position to do any ascencion-helping any time soon.
Agreed. Having ascension a possibility for people just because they are good people raises the question of why, in a world that is supposed to mimic this one, nobody in the regular world ascends when they die.

On the subject of Keller... It's never too early to start a Save (name of the one needing saving) Campaign. :p
That's the spirit!

SG-25CSAR
April 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
This is barely even a reaccering character, and before season for is even goes under shooting we have a "save Dr. Keller" thing.

This time you've gone too far.

Mitchell82
April 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Sorry I disagree on you on this front. I think ascension is the backbone of the SG universe and IMO if anyone could do it it's Beckett. The only other option I see is Some conection to Michael and his connection to Beckett.

Kanten
April 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Great, this is going to be Jonas all over again isn't it?

Copernicus
April 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Sorry I disagree on you on this front. I think ascension is the backbone of the SG universe and IMO if anyone could do it it's Beckett.
Why?

Also, this thread really separates those with a sense of humour from those without. (I'm not referring to you, Mitchell, but to some of the other comments.)

wellduh!
April 12th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Has JS been signed for season 5? Does she have a multiseason contract? If not then maybe she just ships back to earth. She's got to be pretty high priced talent, so I can't see them killing her if she's signed for S5. But I think there are a lot of ways to get rid of her that don't require killing her.

Really, it's all about not getting cancelled after S4. Doesn't five seasons give them enough for syndication? Or is that four?

ussrelativity
April 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Has JS been signed for season 5? Does she have a multiseason contract? If not then maybe she just ships back to earth. She's got to be pretty high priced talent, so I can't see them killing her if she's signed for S5. But I think there are a lot of ways to get rid of her that don't require killing her.

Really, it's all about not getting cancelled after S4. Doesn't five seasons give them enough for syndication? Or is that four?

It would depend on the number of episodes produced.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Why?

Also, this thread really separates those with a sense of humour from those without. (I'm not referring to you, Mitchell, but to some of the other comments.)

Why about what? If you mean beckett, I just think if anyone could do it it could be him especially after Tao of Rodney. I think it is very possible he could have done it.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM

It's going to depend if they like her and want her back. She's signed for 8 episodes in season 4 so it all depends on how well she is received. I don't think they are too worried about getting cancelled yet.

Wormhole
April 12th, 2007, 08:49 AM
This is barely even a reaccering character, and before season for is even goes under shooting we have a "save Dr. Keller" thing.

This time you've gone too far.

This is what happens when you muck around with the cast members :p . They should have stuck with what they had :( .

But as one has already said
It's never too early to start a Save ;) . even for a recurring character.

Copernicus
April 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Why about what? If you mean beckett, I just think if anyone could do it it could be him especially after Tao of Rodney. I think it is very possible he could have done it.
What makes Beckett such a good candidate for ascension?

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a nice guy and all, but I don't think that's the only criterion.

jenks
April 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Why?

SaberBlade
April 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
JS wouldn't be high priced talent. Firefly and Serenity have gotten her recognition, but nothing that would make her more expensive that most recurring actors.

She's always been a TV actress and I think Serenity was the first actual big screen movie she's done. It's either TV or TV movies.

wellduh!
April 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Why?

Umm, because she has pretty recently come off a well received and popular major motion picture, and she has a name and face that lots of folks recognize outside of Stargate fandom, unlike TH, PM, JF, DN, etc.

I bet she commands a lot higher price than most of the the other secondary characters, and that they are paying the price to lure in new viewers as much as they can.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 07:12 PM
What makes Beckett such a good candidate for ascension?

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a nice guy and all, but I don't think that's the only criterion.

Just guessing here. I'm going on simply the last scene in Sunday, and thinking that it could be a logical idea.

Ripple in Space
April 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Umm, because she has pretty recently come off a well received and popular major motion picture, and she has a name and face that lots of folks recognize outside of Stargate fandom, unlike TH, PM, JF, DN, etc.

I bet she commands a lot higher price than most of the the other secondary characters, and that they are paying the price to lure in new viewers as much as they can.

jenks doesn't believe that women can/should be well paid, or even talented, apparently.....

Shep
April 13th, 2007, 04:25 AM
oh, for frak's sake. the dren you people whine about never ceases to utterly amaze me. :rolleyes:

jenks doesn't believe that women can/should be well paid, or even talented, apparently.....

or, and let me just throw this craziness out there, jenks was asking a reasonable question of someone that was wildly speculating based on zero information.

jenks
April 13th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Ignore Ripple in Space, he/she seems to have issues with me.

jenks
April 13th, 2007, 05:16 AM

Well that is the obvious conclusion to make, isn't it?

[/Sarcasm]

sanssong
April 13th, 2007, 06:16 AM
oh, for frak's sake. the dren you people whine about never ceases to utterly amaze me. :rolleyes:

or, and let me just throw this craziness out there, jenks was asking a reasonable question of someone that was wildly speculating based on zero information.

And YOU, have absolutely no sense of humor. This thread is a tounge in cheek response to all the OTHER threads out there to save everyone from everthing. :cool: