X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Fallen Character will return"

http://gateworld.net/news/2007/04/fa...turn_in_.shtml

Dr. Carson Beckett will not survive the third season of Stargate Atlantis, which returns to U.S. television this Friday (story). But he will be back next year, executive producer Joseph Mallozzi revealed to SaveCarsonBeckett.com this week.

Beckett, played by actor Paul McGillion, was killed off in the very memorable episode "Sunday," which has already aired in Canada and the United Kingdom. The death of the Scottish doctor launched a passionate response from fans, who even protested in the rain outside of the show's set (story).

McGillion has signed to appear in a two-part story in the second half of Season Four. The writers are also working on a possible third episode for the doctor.

I hate to say it, but I hope he didn't ascend, because it's just becoming such a cheap writer's tactic these days.

It would be cool to see him come back, I just hope it isn't via ascension.

SPOILER WARINING

maybe via one of michel's gentic experments?

Comment

I think that the asurians infected Carson like Weir and once they detected weirs infection his went in to a dormant, undetectable mode. Carson, when he died in the explosion woke them up from the dormant Phase, by the jolt of energy of the explosion. This made them start using his decaying body and replicating. In the end of Season 4 he will literally rise from the grave, having been recreated by the Asurians within him. Now hes literally going to come back, as a baddy. But just like wier there is something left of him somewhere, deep within. Its kind of like hes been taken over by a Goauld.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        I think that the asurians infected Carson like Weir and once they detected weirs infection his went in to a dormant, undetectable mode. Carson, when he died in the explosion woke them up from the dormant Phase, by the jolt of energy of the explosion. This made them start using his decaying body and replicating. In the end of Season 4 he will literally rise from the grave, having been recreated by the Asurians within him. Now hes literally going to come back, as a baddy. But just like wier there is something left of him somewhere, deep within. Its kind of like hes been taken over by a Goauld.
        O xxxx.

I seriously do not want him to come back as the antagonist.

I really, REALLY liked him as Carson - he was geniunely interesting, entertaining and different from the rest. I'd rather have a flashback than see
        him come back as a baddy

That said, I'm looking extremely forward to Season 4
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Well wait a minute, Carter and Tealc have been baddies, and survived. Havign him bad to start with doesnt mean hes bad forever. Just because he starts with being asurian doesnt mean he will stay like that. All they need to do is find a way of making the replicators Dormant. or Dead without destroying the form they have made. Its possible that modifying the ARW's to a frequency which destroys the communcation of each nanite, but doesnt destroy the link between them. So like a virus which shuts of you internet without blowing up you computer could be used to make Carson's conscience and personality come back while him still remaining an Asurian. Now that would be an interesting twist. If this happened we would get Carson but also get a miraculous piece of technology, imagine the potential of being able to convert Asurian human forms in to Hosts for say..
          Spoiler:
          Oh dammit! i was about to say the Asgard. Oh ********, that could have been a really useful addition to the show. Last year!

I condone time travel if i am proved right!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Or they could just use

Spoiler:
            the dna resequencer in the tao of rodney

Comment

to what end, turn a wraith/other in to Carson? How would that bring him back, his peronsality wouldnt be there too.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Lame that he was killed off in the first place. More lame he is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                  Or they could just use

Spoiler:
                  I agree in part with this, although I believe it's more to do with the fact of what was explained in the episode regarding genetics.

Spoiler:
                  not all ancients (or humans) are capable of ascension; they not only require the right pattern of dna but also the right mental capacity to "release their burden" in order to crossover.

Now in Tao of Rodney we saw Carson at the end talking to McKay, but we were never told whether that was just his imagination, or them actually talking because Carson had ascended...
                  "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                  ==============================================================
                  Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                  Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Carson couldnt have Ascended, and there are many reasons. He was not naturally capable. He was not in any kind of altered state of being. He didnt have any preparation for Asension. He has no previous history of being interested or being a subject of interest by the Asended. His body was buried and sent through the Gate, and asension leaves nothing of the body behind.

Carson did not Ascend in any conventional way that has ever been shown on stargate. His death was not intervened in by any Ascended being, and if the writers say it was, then they would be going agaisnt 10 years of Cannon and every method and evidence of a person ascending.

He did not Ascend. What i put forward is a much more logical and acceptable theory of how carson could return. Im not saying its right, but its possible. Him being Ascended and returning to human form is not acceptable in the stargate universe. He did not Ascend.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                      Or they could just use

Spoiler:
                      Well, that was exactly my first guess.
                      I personally think that Rodney should have something to do with Carson coming back, since they had a certain chemestry together and Rodney could finally find redemption and go
                      Spoiler:
                      on that fishing trip he had promised in "Sunday".

And who knows, maybe the writers'll find a way to bring back Ford to Atlantis... (I wouldn't mind seeing him back, even if it were only a guest appearance)

Comment

Uhmm... I thought the coffin with Carson's body was taken to Earth to be buried in Scotland? Are they going to exhume him to have him resurrected? Ewwwwwwwwwwwww Nope. Not interested in watching.

Comment

you are misisng the point! How does resensquencing anything result in Carson coming back? It makes absolutly no logical sense. Even if you geneticy engineeers someone to look exactly like him, hes not going to be carson. THe Machine Advances DNA yes. But even the ancients cant revive the dead with thier superpowers.
                          I mean they could have, if they had acted quickly enoguh, have used the Telchak healing device, which is capable of reviving and restoring the body from even past death. Which is how the Kull warriors were created. But that still doesnt help. It could be timetravel, but i doubt anyone would allow that, it would throw things off in a way they could never predict.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

It's not time travel; Joe has confirmed that.

If the DNA resequencer can reinstate Rodney's body when it had been changed to near-ascended status, then why can't it do the same for Carson's...well, uh...corpse?

Comment

Because the Ascension process require mental processes to be ongoing throught the main, someone has to be alive for thier DNA to respond to instant modifications to it. The DNA reseuqencer does not animate DNA, it manipulates it.
                              I will bet all of my creditibilty on three things, it will not be ascension related, it will not be DNA related and it wont be time travel. Any other options are on the table.

At the moment i will stake my bet on the Asurians. I will also stake a bet on some kind of new medical technology that carson was working on, that is descended from the research on the telchak device and made a device that will duplicate its effects. This could be related to the wraith somehow, perhaps the ancients were exposed to this device which is how the wraith have the ability to give and take life, and cannot die. The telchak/sarcogafus form of radiation is produced by the origional wraith, and is small quantities by all humans naturally that are descended from the Ancient. This is the "life force" the wraith feed on.
                              Perhaps because we are someone evolutionary cousin of the ancients that both in our DNA and in the ancients there is a background radiation which is like a mild Telchak radiation, a life force. Wraith at the begining were given a higher dose than normal humans and this is what makes them have to feed, they are addicted to that form of radiation because it allows thier immortality, just like a goauld or the guy from "evolution". so perhaps using a wraith, to give back all of the life force he or she possesses, they can force a wraith to bring Carson back from the dead.
                              All of that theory is completly a theory, but not a horrible one, even if the process would be gooy and ewy in the most profound sense.

My money is still on the Asurian option i first provided.
                              Last edited by immhotep; 10 April 2007, 01:52 PM.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X