PDA

View Full Version : The Doc Is In (Major Spoilers)

PG15
April 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Geez, you have no idea how hard it was to come up with a title that was informative and not spoilery at the same time. But since we're in the thread now, let the spoiler run rampant....or should I say...let the Lion Run Rampant?

That's right folks, in case you haven't recieved the memo, The Save Beckett Campaign has scored a major victory! I'm hardly the proper spokesperson for this stuff, given my...track record for dealing with passionate fans (;)), so I'll let Jenner8675309, one of the organizers for the campaign, spell it out for you:

BREAKING NEWS!

This just in:

In an very exciting announcement, the Save Carson Beckett Campaign is thrilled to announce the resurfacing of Dr. Carson Beckett, played by Paul McGillion, for a few episodes in the later half of season 4. In an exclusive interview to the Save Carson Beckett Campaign, show runner Joe Mallozzi held true to his word. You can see it ALL at:

www.savecarsonbeckett.com

But this is by no means the end everyone, we are still fighting for a full comeback in season 5, but we would like to say thank you to Joe for this news. And a BIG congrats to everyone of you supports, we couldn't have done it without you!!!

Ah, but there is more than that fellow fans! Please do read the interview with Joe, as there are more things here than Carson's first return visit.

EDIT: Let me just outline some of the plot points Joe has revealed in the interview:

1. Carson's returning for a 2-parter in the second half of the season, with a potential 3rd in the works.

2. This Carson will NOT be from the past or future, NOR is he from an alternate universe. He will be flesh and blood, NOT an ascended being (thank goodness).

3. Carson could very well return in Season 5 (for part time, a few episodes, full time; we don't know yet), as "that door will be left open".

4. It was Joe who came up with the method by which Carson will return; this method, for Joe, "answered a very big question [he] had concerning a late-season arc", as such a hint for this method has been placed in the second half of Season 3. No, I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure the fans are already working on something. ;)

5. Joe has this to say for Season 4:

Fans can look forward to some major developments and revelations regarding the wraith, the replicators, and our characters. Year four is going to be a little darker than past seasons as a lot of elements we have put in play since the premiere being to gel and pay off.

Ok, I'm going to let my inner fanboy out a little bit; this is by no means what I've espoused in past, but...WOOO!!! SEASON 4 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! :D :D :D

Ahem...I mean, I'll wait and see. ;)

Jenner8675309
April 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I love that title....very nice!!!!

:D

PG15
April 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks! :D

I've edited the post to include the more plot-focused parts of Joe's interview. This is going to be veeeeery interesting.

Jenner8675309
April 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Indeed :)

And again, thanks for creating the thread!

cowpants
April 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Ok, I'm going to let my inner fanboy out a little bit; this is by no means what I've espoused in past, but...WOOO!!! SEASON 4 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! :D :D :D

Ahem...I mean, I'll wait and see. ;)

Don't I recall reading a post of yours saying how strongly you feel you should reserve judgement until later? You poser :D

Interesting news. A number of people will be very glad to hear it.

Jodi518
April 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
i just fell out of my sit...i so extremely happy that yhe doc is back in!!!!!!

parisindy
April 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Uber Uber happy for Paul and his fans

as for whether season 4 will be worth watching? I don't know..

there is still a lot of issues out there

But this is the first good thing i have heard about season 4 at all

now if we can just get Weir back proper...

there is a little hope...

Steve_the_Wraith
April 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Cool It's nice to see him back. I guess this is the big news Joe mentioned in his blog (09/04/07)

I have no idea how Beckett could be brought back, off the top of my head, maybe he's a copy (a clone of sorts) Atlantis saved his "data" in some way, the season 3 spoiler being that the individual Asurans are contained within in collective and can be copied many times

P.S. I hope he comes back again in more episodes but not necessarily as Atlantis Doctor - that role was too limiting, he couldnt really get into the action very often. I'd like him to be sorta like Ford was in the first half of season 2 (except you know turning up more ;))

Agent_Dark
April 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for Cylon!Beckett :)

PG15
April 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cool It's nice to see him back. I guess this is the big news Joe mentioned in his blog (09/04/07)

I have no idea how Beckett could be brought back, off the top of my head, maybe he's a copy (a clone of sorts) Atlantis saved his "data" in some way, the season 3 spoiler being that the individual Asurans are contained within in collective and can be copied many times

Ah ha! The speculation has begun! :D

He won't be an Asuran though, since Joe said he will be flesh and blood.

Ruined_puzzle
April 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Uber Uber happy for Paul and his fans

as for whether season 4 will be worth watching? I don't know..

there is still a lot of issues out there

But this is the first good thing i have heard about season 4 at all

now if we can just get Weir back proper...

there is a little hope...

100% agree with you here.

Ah I love Carson but it's not enough to keep me watching but I'm really happy for the Carson fans. YAY YOU.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
The big problem with him coming back as flesh and blood is that fact that they buried his corpse, so he'll need a new body

Possible Methods (and the season 3 episodes they came from)

Echoes
His mind was saved by the psyhic whales! His body was destroyed but somehow he gets a new one and the whales transfer his mind into it

The Tao of Rodney
Ascened Rodney saw the future and saved him, or
Super Rodney built a device that saved Beckett but he forgot what it was when he lost his powers
maybe beckett ascened then descened later (my least favourite)

The Game
Beckett was sent to another planet instantly trough the sattlelite network (iffy)

The Ark
His body tought vapourised by the blast was actually transported but saved in the buffer, a emergency method used by Atlantis to protect its inhabitants. He is later reintegrated by accident

Vengeance
Michael using his advanced bio-engineering skills builds his own Beckett to get back at Atlantis

First Strike
The Asurans being saved in the collective is a hint that Beckett was "saved" by the city an a copy made later

Michelle05
April 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Those are cool speculations, but I don't quite get what you're talking about in The Ark. Beckett was never trapped in the device, was he?

Anyway, we'll be studying the clues for some time to come, I think!

Steve_the_Wraith
April 9th, 2007, 10:09 PM
^ But he could have been - all we saw was a bright flash from the "flames"

I know I'm grasping at straws :) lol

Personally I hope its the psyhic whalefish :D

PG15
April 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Wow...maybe it's just my computer, but the Save Beckett website is reaaally slow right now.

I wonder why that is...;)

KindlyKeller
April 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
So much for Joe saying fans wouldn't influence any creative decisions. :)

I have to admit to kind of rolling my eyes a little at the "save carson" campaign, even though I sympathized with the motivation behind it, but it looks like they pretty much did what they set out to do, so kudos on that.

Pitry
April 9th, 2007, 10:55 PM
and I shall repea my Yay! :)

As for methods...
Tao of Rodney is definitely a way, and it seems better to me than Vengeance, but it might as well be my percieved allergy for Vengeance :)
How cryptic tho, not AU, not time-travel....!

pilgrim soul
April 10th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Here's my idea:Zombie Carson

Seriously I think it's most likely thatMichael has something to do with it, some kind of Carson clone/bug hybrid

Maltrancko
April 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I would think that Asurans learn that Carson had been killed, and therefore tried to replicate him to destroy Atlantis from within, but he manages to take on too many parts of Carson's personality and defects, giving a means to fight the Asurans and Carson back as we know him, although he will be made of Nanites can they go the Cylon and become Flesh and Blood??

It would make more sense to me to make him an Asuran, it brings a sense of weakness in their design, brings back Carson and he would have the strength of the Asurans, making him ideal for field work?

Thoughts>?

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 10th, 2007, 12:36 AM
^ thats entirely possible! Didnt they same somewhere that the asurans were part organic. They're not like the MW replicators who are fully inorganic, they actually have organic cells, or something (biology was never a strong suit, lol)

Anyways....congrats to the save carson campaign for achieving what they set out to do!

Starxgate
April 10th, 2007, 12:42 AM
It should be interesting to see how Carson comes back 100 % human & with 100 & human flesh & blood. My guess is that machine that made Rodney Super Rodney.

Kidwizz
April 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I quote from the Stargate Down under thread:

*ahem*
excise this but... OMG!!! YAY!!!!! *DOES THE OMTFG YAY!!!! DANCE* YAY!! THATS FRELLING AWESOME NEWS!!!!! THANKS EDDIE!!!
*ahem*

well.. dude thats sweet!! thanks for that eddie!...
Spoiler:
i liked carson soo much! he was my 2nd fave character... AND HEAS COMING BACK!!! IN THE FLESH AND BLOOD!!!! *touches flesh* hehehe its real!!

*ahem*
OMG HEAS COMING BACK!!! FRELL YEAH!!!! WOOO!!!!!
*ahem*

so how do you guys think so??? ancient machine???

aww now i feel sorry for jewel!!! shes gonna get the boot..

wow he could be comming back full time in S5. I HOPE HE DOES!!

so yeah... woot!!! lol.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 10th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Interesting. I want to know how they bring him back 'cause knowing the fanbase, you can guarentee someone wont like the method.

SaberBlade
April 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Well it's going to be Carson, no AU, time travel or fake versions of him being used. How they will bring him back is going to be one of the biggest mysteries of season 4.

Maybe something happened like An ancient security program, which detected the explosion going to towards him and beam him out or put him into a form of stasis.

i have to say that this is great news, now there is someone to look after the wee baby turtles. One can only hope this is the start to more appearances during season or a full return, however I would hope that they take Straite into consideration when they decide what to do. The PTB's as of late have seemed to show a lack of consideration with their casting changes.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I think I was happy with this news at first, but now I'm less happy. I guess it seems kind of silly to have everyone who ever dies just come back. It makes it harder to buy into a character being in peril.

Willow'sCat
April 10th, 2007, 01:32 AM
2. This Carson will NOT be from the past or future, NOR is he from an alternate universe. He will be flesh and blood, NOT an ascended being (thank goodness).

4. It was Joe who came up with the method by which Carson will return; this method, for Joe, "answered a very big question [he] had concerning a late-season arc", as such a hint for this method has been placed in the second half of Season 3. No, I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure the fans are already working on something. ;)So.... spoilers for SG-1 season 10 beaming tech? Return of The Asgard? Big reset button I thought they were trying to stay away from? :rolleyes:

Steve_the_Wraith
April 10th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Just want to say its great he's going to be back and I want Beckett AND Keller on the show, two docs are better than one :)

AnnaBee
April 10th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Well, my s4 outlook is up again...doesn't quite make up for the 'lack-of-Weir' news though. But still - CARSON! YAY! SQUEE!! :D :D :D :D :D

SGFerrit
April 10th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Just want to say its great he's going to be back and I want Beckett AND Keller on the show, two docs are better than one :)

^^ Indeed

I am really happy about this, that is one of peoples biggest negative points about s4 partially destroyed, hopefully more people will be receptive, and we will get to see Carson again!

The only thing I didn't like about the article is that they are still going to push about getting him full time in s5.I mean he has had 3 great seasons, and it looks like in the end of s4 he will once again become an important part of Atlantis, which can hopeully be carried to s5, but lets give Keller a chance! Surely Keller can continue as full time CMO, and Carson can continue on whatever exciting new storyline the TPTB create for him.

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Well it's going to be Carson, no AU, time travel or fake versions of him being used. How they will bring him back is going to be one of the biggest mysteries of season 4.

How do you know that?

TJuk
April 10th, 2007, 03:23 AM
^^ Indeed

I am really happy about this, that is one of peoples biggest negative points about s4 partially destroyed, hopefully more people will be receptive, and we will get to see Carson again!

The only thing I didn't like about the article is that they are still going to push about getting him full time in s5.I mean he has had 3 great seasons, and it looks like in the end of s4 he will once again become an important part of Atlantis, which can hopeully be carried to s5, but lets give Keller a chance! Surely Keller can continue as full time CMO, and Carson can continue on whatever exciting new storyline the TPTB create for him.

Sorry mate, but we came this far and we're not stopping now. And one doesn't preclude having the other. Personally I'm neither attached nor fond of Keller (no offence to Jewel, she rocked in Firefly). If they hadn't killed him off she would never had existed, we're trying to right a big WRONG here. At the end of the day she's recurring (and basically the Jonas character), doesn't mean she cant be around if we get Carson back FULLTIME! And we believe SGA continued survival is hinged on his inclusion...FULL TIME inclusion!

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=carson_to_return_to_atlantis

SFX Magazine have already followed up the SCB site announcement!!!! Word is spreading fast! Dont forget to leave a comment when you read the article!!!!!

**still happy dancing**

TJuk
April 10th, 2007, 03:24 AM
How do you know that?

Read the article at www.savecarson.com Joe address all those points.

Why Carson? Why?
April 10th, 2007, 03:25 AM
First of all i was OVER THE MOON when i found out Carson was comeing back, I love the way that Joe has said that the door will be left open and the part that i think everones trying to get their head around is... HOW i mean from reading through the ideas so far no offence but there all iffy i mean if he was beamed by the blast why wasnt the scientist (sorry forgot her name) and the Super Rodney Machine... Joe said that they left it in there so it has to be able to seen even if its in the background of a shot or on a control panel or something, also with his body being 6 Fett under and in another galexy and charred I just dont know yet How there gonna do it.

And with the whole why do they just keep brining the dead guys back to life thing to you i tink you need to be shot 3 times :tealcanime44: This is Carson man come on,

But yeah all up EXCITED that carson is coming back

sueKay
April 10th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I know Joe said the clue was in the back half of s3, but think back to when Beckett was captured by Michael and was tied down..

We never really found out what happened, did we?

Maybe our Beckett was switched for a clone at the start of s3?

sueKay
April 10th, 2007, 03:29 AM
And a separate post for this...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

obsessed1
April 10th, 2007, 03:30 AM
they said that there is a hint in season three as to how he is brought back....I wonder what that is??

and rmeember when Rodney hesitated on saying 'the body'?? obviously they never recovered one.

certainly a mystery :D

IWantToBelieve
April 10th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I think it's fantastic that they listened to the fans. Carson was (and is!) a fantastic character and killing him off was a mistake. Thankfully it's sci-fi and there's always a way to fix a mistake.

I'm thrilled for Paul. (and hope to see him in season 5!)

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Now who said that Fans can't affect the show! :P:P:P:P:P

obsessed1
April 10th, 2007, 03:36 AM
it has to have something with Michael, it has too, thats the theory im going with anyway and really the only way that our carson can be alive is if the one that died wasnt ours?? uh.....does that make sense. And how has Michael got so far with his experiments anyway huh?? ;)

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Read the article at www.savecarson.com Joe address all those points.

Hmmm, I wonder what he hint in a second half of season 3 was :confused:

Stricken
April 10th, 2007, 03:46 AM
I know Joe said the clue was in the back half of s3, but think back to when Beckett was captured by Michael and was tied down..

That's my thinking, from what I remember, Michael says something along the lines of Carson being more valuable than he realised. Maybe what was troubling Joe was the fact that whatever Michael did to Carson wasn’t mentioned in Vengeance with Michael carrying out his experiments.

Starxgate
April 10th, 2007, 04:00 AM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/27/930685/ThumbsUp.jpg

Why Carson? Why?
April 10th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Very Nice Now that one makes sence, and if thats the case then our beloved Doctor never actualy died : P

shelsfc
April 10th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Woohooo!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!!!! Right now I don't care how they do it, I really don't, I'm too happy to care!!! :D :beckettanime04:

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 04:54 AM
I thought it was always said that Carson was gonna be back in S4 (in what capacity or for how long, I didn't know). That's why I never got all the hoopla, also the reason why I was surprised Beckett would die. I never read he was to be taken out the show. I can't even really tell you where I read he'd be in a few eps of S4, but I do know that it was during the time people were like Beckett dies in Sunday before it aired.

I figured the Carson fans campaigning were wasting their time since this was already in the works. It's just an added benefit that this would bring the SG peeps some publicity (good publicity). On a whole other note, if it ws true that Carson was gone for good, I think the Carson fans proved to be really good guys overall. I didn't see any aggression towards JM on his blog, maybe on or two and overall really good about things; unlike some other groups (that shall remain nameless). I'd give them a bit of Carson, just for being good about things and not harassing producers.

Question...how many eps is he in for? I remember JM saying 2, but he could be joking. I didn't hear anything about recurring (as in about 8/12 eps in S4).

GateLadyM
April 10th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Question...how many eps is he in for? I remember JM saying 2, but he could be joking. I didn't hear anything about recurring (as in about 8/12 eps in S4).

Two episodes for sure (a two-parter), plus Joe said they were writing a third episode to include Carson.

Pitry
April 10th, 2007, 05:37 AM
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=carson_to_return_to_atlantis

SFX Magazine have already followed up the SCB site announcement!!!! Word is spreading fast! Dont forget to leave a comment when you read the article!!!!!

**still happy dancing**

Wow, that was fast. They must have a Beckett fan following closely on the staff ;)

nonniemous
April 10th, 2007, 05:37 AM
That's my thinking, from what I remember, Michael says something along the lines of Carson being more valuable than he realised. Maybe what was troubling Joe was the fact that whatever Michael did to Carson wasn’t mentioned in Vengeance with Michael carrying out his experiments.

When the re-Wraith asked if Michael wanted to go after Carson, Michael said, "He's served his purpose." Silly me, I thought they were setting up a cool story arc about brainwashing or something and that was why Beckett was being written as cranky and being demeaned by Landry and Jack and so on later in the season.

I think the other possibilities include Rodney's hesitation about "the body" in "Sunday," and something in "Vengeance."

nonniemous
April 10th, 2007, 05:43 AM
I thought it was always said that Carson was gonna be back in S4 (in what capacity or for how long, I didn't know).

TPTB always said it was a possibility, but it was never guaranteed. Every time he was asked about it before "Sunday" aired, Paul McGillion said words to the effect of, "the producers listen to the fans. Write the producers."

So my guess is his return was a possibility all along, sure, but it was by no means guaranteed. If there had been no reaction by the fanbase, I doubt we'd be seeing him at all.

Does anyone remember what was the first confirmed number of episodes for which JS was signed? I know RL said 14, but the actual number depended on fan reaction. And it was last month, I think, that JM in his blog finally said "Seven."

As for Keller, I don't mind her as an understudy. But if they had a hard time writing for one doctor, same argument applies only more so to two. My guess is they weren't expecting their "largely male" fanbase to react negatively to her casting.

Atlanis
April 10th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Oh thank god, its about time Welcome back Carson!

tace
April 10th, 2007, 06:19 AM
That is so incredibly cool. Now I have something to look forward to in season 4 :D

Nylon
April 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I think Atlantis is going to make a mistake that SG-1 avoided. Sunday as an episode was great and i really enjoyed it, now im thinking bring back Carson will really hurt Sunday, I'll never be able to rewatch it with the same enjoyment and emotion knowing that carson isn't really gone. There was similar talk of bring Janet back (as a regular not just one ep) to SG-1 but tptb decided against it due to the fear that it would cheapen the Heroes episodes and I'm inclined to agree with their decision. But i dont know maybe its just my opinion.

sueKay
April 10th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Difference - Heroes was brilliant and a tribute to the men and women of the SGC

Sunday was a cheap rip off or homage to Grey's Anatomy, and Grey's Anatomy did it a lot better

nonniemous
April 10th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I think Atlantis is going to make a mistake that SG-1 avoided. Sunday as an episode was great and i really enjoyed it, now im thinking bring back Carson will really hurt Sunday, I'll never be able to rewatch it with the same enjoyment and emotion knowing that carson isn't really gone. There was similar talk of bring Janet back (as a regular not just one ep) to SG-1 but tptb decided against it due to the fear that it would cheapen the Heroes episodes and I'm inclined to agree with their decision. But i dont know maybe its just my opinion.

"Sunday" was a travesty of an episode, one of the worst ever put together by the Stargate PTB, and I'm more than happy to see them "fix" it with this move.

Skydiver
April 10th, 2007, 07:07 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!

Stop bagging each other right now.

If you have personal issues with each other, take it OUT of this thread and off this forum

I see more slanging matches i'm gonna start putting folks on mod, and i don't care who 'throws the first punch', anyone that punches back is just as guilty as those that started it.

shadow-of-atlantis
April 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
hi everyone!
I really like the Michael-Carson-Clone-Theories for a return of Carson.
Well, I haven't seen the episodes of Season 3 yet but...well...I read a lot of stuff. And I think it could be possible, too, that Carson was beamed out, by who knows what, (perhaps it has to do with those "Travellers" and he follows them to learn more about the Galaxy) or by Atlantis itself and put into stasis.

Don't know, that would guarantee that he'll be back full-time for the rest of the Season and in a possible fifth season. ;)

I hope the will write him back full-time for Season 5 and find a logic way to write him into the storyline of Season 4.

But HE IS ALIVE AND WILL BE BACK that's all what counts :D

monkey_man132
April 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!

Stop bagging each other right now.

If you have personal issues with each other, take it OUT of this thread and off this forum

I see more slanging matches i'm gonna start putting folks on mod, and i don't care who 'throws the first punch', anyone that punches back is just as guilty as those that started it.Sorry Skydiver this one dude cursed me out twice cause i said I felt it was wrong to bring Carson back.LOL whats his problem.

Starxgate
April 10th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Sorry Skydiver this one dude cursed me out twice cause i said I felt it was wrong to bring Carson back.LOL whats his problem.

First I cursed you out once & second your wrong again with why I said what I said. What is your problem ?

Skydiver
April 10th, 2007, 07:14 AM
it was most likley how you said it.

If folks are unhappy with what's happened, take it to the anti s4 thread and rant to your hearts content. If you're happy, take it to the pro s4 thread and rejoice unchallenged. (and i do NOT want to see ANY slanging off of fans in any of these threads)

If they want to discuss it calmly and rationally and without insulting each other, stay here and have fun.

But if folks just want to complain about other fans or fan groups, take that bit of rule breaking ickyness and go play elsewhere.

Until the last episode is written and cast, theoretically anyone can be in it. So it's a little too early to be dissing people and mocking them because who knows what can happen in the back half of the season.

Skydiver
April 10th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry Skydiver this one dude cursed me out twice cause i said I felt it was wrong to bring Carson back.LOL whats his problem.

First I cursed you out once & second your wrong again with why I said what I said. What is your problem ?

Guys, drop it please. The topic is 'the doc is in' and speculation surrounding that.

monkey_man132
April 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Back to discussing the "BIG NEWS":
I have to admit its amazing what fans can do.After I woke up and check GW today i thought anything could happen.I wouldn't be surprised if fans made a website to bring back the guy who was shot dead in "Children of the Gods".

Blower'sGate
April 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
It's a... HE'S BACK ! :D

Krisz
April 10th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Excellent news!!! So glad to hear about him coming back after all the effort put in by the people of the Save Carson campaign. :)

Yes, I know it's odd I'm in an Atlantis thread being more of the SG1 person but I had to say it was good to read this success story. I have been watching Atlantis and am now watching season 2 finally, I bought the DVD's. I really took to Carson as a character from 'Rising', especially his bit in the control chair, I related to him as I thought I would react just like that if that happened to me!!!!

He's continued to grow on me as a character and I guess it's his interaction with the other characters that has been the thing I've found I've enjoyed the most. It's the character interactions that got me hooked on SG1 to start with and Carson is one character that I've realised I've been watching Atlantis for.

Now I have more of him to look forward to! :D

cshawzye
April 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
It's interesting that JM said to look at the back half of season 3. I can think of several places in the front half of the season that could serve as background for bringing him back. But the back half? Hmm ....

Though I wouldn't be surprised at all if they used Michael in bringing Carson back ...

ata_beckett
April 10th, 2007, 07:37 AM
HMM!

Who remembers Joe's poem about Season 3/4?

Wasn't there a line that said something to the effect of:

The late fallen one makes a surprise reappearance?

Iiiiiinteresting.

Diesel Vanilla
April 10th, 2007, 07:38 AM
The Doc is back in town. :D :D :D :D :D I can't even think how they are going to do it right now because my brain has turned to mush out of excitement. So I'll have to let y'all speculate until I can focus for more than three seconds.

:D :D :D

Oh boy!

nonniemous
April 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
One more caution to the optimism of this announcement: They weren't doing the character justice before they rudely offed him. I sincerely hope that's going to change as well, and that we don't wind up with a Ripple Effect return appearance, a la SG1.

/pessimism]

ussrelativity
April 10th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Yes!!! Let's keep up the efforts.

cshawzye
April 10th, 2007, 07:52 AM
HMM!

Iiiiiinteresting.

Yeah, there was something like that. I always thought that had to do with episodes like Vengeance or Irresponsible, though. Speaking of either Michael or Lucius. If this is happening in the back half of season 4 did JM's poem refer to that far back? Or was it only the back half of s3 and the first bit of s4? Definitely interesting though. :D

Yay! He's coming back ... Through all the speculation, for me, right now, it just comes back to that: He's coming back!

Starxgate
April 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/27/930685/Wacko.jpg

SierraGolf-OneNiner
April 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/27/930685/Wacko.jpg

lol. I love that episode! :jack_new_anime06:

Thanks to all those fans who made this possible.

It's great to have Carson back.

Season 4 has almost been saved all thats missing for now is the announcement of the return of Dr. Weir.

ussrelativity
April 10th, 2007, 08:15 AM
^ It would be specifically for her return to a full-time appearance. To bring back Beckett is a big accomplishment. I didn't expect to see that today when I headed to GateWorld earlier.

mcbarr
April 10th, 2007, 08:26 AM
HMM!

Iiiiiinteresting.

I think they will bring Carson back through some sort of Atlantis emergency mechanism which transports ATA gene carriers near explosions etc., and stores their energy pattern for later rematerialization, as someone else suggested previously.

Serebii
April 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Maybe the hint is directly in front of us...i.e. the final scene of Sunday...

ussrelativity
April 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Maybe the hint is directly in front of us...i.e. the final scene of Sunday...

From the looks of it, that could be the case.

mcbarr
April 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I agree. Sunday could be the ep JM is referring to.

Serebii
April 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Exactly, Rodney may have been greiving, but not to the point of hallucination...it fits

Killdeer
April 10th, 2007, 08:58 AM
First of all, yay!!!! :D :D :D :D :D First piece of good news in a long time. :D

Does anyone remember what was the first confirmed number of episodes for which JS was signed? I know RL said 14, but the actual number depended on fan reaction. And it was last month, I think, that JM in his blog finally said "Seven."

According to the news article posted at Gateworld, Jewel was signed for 8 episodes.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/02/season_four_to_premiere_this_fal.shtml

HMM!

Iiiiiinteresting.

Yes, there definately was! I was thinking it probably had something to do with Elizabeth. I didn't dare hope it would be Carson, but now it looks like maybe they planned to do this all along.

If this is happening in the back half of season 4 did JM's poem refer to that far back? Or was it only the back half of s3 and the first bit of s4? Definitely interesting though. :D

My impression was that it referred to the back half of season three and all of season 4. I don't have time right now to look for the quote (lunch break), but I posted it awhile back over in the thread talking about Joe's poem.

Yay! He's coming back ... Through all the speculation, for me, right now, it just comes back to that: He's coming back!

I agree! *cheers again* :D

Akai
April 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I figured Rodney was just dreaming or something. The whole scene was very dream-like...after all it just seems really weird to have a conversation on the Atlantis pier with a dead guy whose body was just sent back through the Stargate. It didn't make any sense, especially since Rodney acted like nothing was out of the ordinary. I figured it was either a dream sequence, or Beckett somehow ascended. If it's neither, then there's something else going on (and why didn't Rodney tell anyone else about his little conversation if it did actually happen and wasn't a dream)?

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I doubt the poem would have been refering to all of season 4, most of it wasn't even planned when it was written.

pisces27
April 10th, 2007, 09:17 AM
That's fantastic news!

Congrats to all the Beckett fans.

gravelgerdie
April 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM
YAY:D
I'm so happy Carson is coming back....

I really think it will have to do with Michael, the way Carson comes back..

ata_beckett
April 10th, 2007, 09:26 AM
It occurs to me...

Did Joe ever say that it wouldn't be a flashback?

*shifty eyes*

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Hopefully the way he is brought back won't be too cheesy.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
April 10th, 2007, 09:34 AM
It occurs to me...

*shifty eyes*

Oh damn. Now that you mention it. It seems possible. He only said that Carson would be flesh and blood and not AU. :mckay:

I hope you're wrong. That would be too cheap. But I got accostumed (sp) that the TPTB are not the most forecoming people.

Let's just hope we will have him back in "our time" and alive.

ata_beckett
April 10th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Oh damn. Now that you mention it. It seems possible. He only said that Carson would be flesh and blood and not AU. :mckay:

I hope you're wrong. That would be too cheap. But I got accostumed (sp) that the TPTB are not the most forecoming people.

I really, really hope I'm wrong too. Just because he said that Carson wouldn't be timetravel!Carson doesn't mean that they can't flashback and show us some stuff that happened offscreen in season 3. Fill in some gaps, if you will.:beckettanime09:

SMN
April 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I think michael finds out that he's going to die to retrovirus, so he's going to need Beckett's help, so Atlantis team has to retrieve carson's body from earth and michael brings him to life with some weird wraith abilities, they can do it right, since wraith could make sheppard younger in "Common Ground". And Joe promised some new wraith developments and revelations to season 4.

genius21
April 10th, 2007, 10:18 AM
i dont get it they can't hold a ship a piece of technology things work one time never again zpm's get drained as if someone is sucking on it but they can bring a guy back from the dead dont get me wrong beckett is a great character and sorry to see him die certainly in that way but it's getting stranger and stranger.

people say that earth will be to powerfull if we have that and that (that already is a giant miscalculatien) but to bring people back from the dead or can't stay dead is like something from highlander (okay beckett is from scotland )

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM
It occurs to me...

*shifty eyes*

Yeah, it could be a flashback. I didn't read anything about a 3rd ep, but I do know JM was talking about 2 eps. This does seem like a limited time only stint, although I have to say---once again. I knew it all along...

If he's not a flashback and he's human. Pray that it doesn't end up like what happened to Hercules with Eolis. I was utterly disgusted to the point I had to say, just let him stay dead. Oh, and I'd also be prepared if he kills the au Beckett (if he's au)...

If anyone has been keeping up to date with his blog. He mentioned something (in joking) about McKay dieing, and then McKay's au shows up and that McKay dies; maybe he's forewarning?! I'd be like double blow!! :rolleyes:

Okay, enough of the possible scares. This is great and since I'm a Carson fan, he's back on my 2 slot (after McKay) since he's sort of back!

ata_beckett
April 10th, 2007, 10:39 AM
...but to bring people back from the dead or can't stay dead is like something from highlander (okay beckett is from scotland )

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

wise one
April 10th, 2007, 10:41 AM
mozzi guy said that there was hint in season 3 and im thinking it might be something to what micheal did in the second episode in season 3 or if not that then something else

if he is coming back in fleash and that wouldnt he be abit burnt???? or they use the healing device or what the gouald use

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM
mozzi guy said that there was hint in season 3 and im thinking it might be something to what micheal did in the second episode in season 3 or if not that then something else

if he is coming back in fleash and that wouldnt he be abit burnt???? or they use the healing device or what the gouald use

MMM comes to mind...cats from the au Mckay world coming for a visit? I don't think Carson is a Doctor in that world, I figure he's a marine or he's leader of that Atlantis. Hmmm...now that is interesting, Carson as leader.

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
April 10th, 2007, 11:08 AM
maybe it was replicarson who died in season 3 and the real one is being held prisoner somewhere?

Ltcolshepjumper
April 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM

Well, if the hint is in a late season three episode, it can only be one of two things: 1, Michael's involved, or two, something to do with tao of Rodney. There might be a slight chance it has something to do with the Asurans, but that's stretching it. OR, stretching even more, it might just have something to do with Mckay speaking to Beckett at the end of Sunday.

Psi
April 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I was thinking about the "hint" that was supposed to be in late S3 and I think it is this...

In Vengeance, Teyla says "It's amazing how quickly he's been able to incorporate our science into his” referring to Michael and his work making the creatures using our techniques. This is very true, and maybe too true. He did seem to copy our work a bit too quickly. It’s almost like he had help from someone who knows about "our" science..... CARSON. I’m pretty sure this must be how Carson returns, he was cloned by Michael , or maybe the Carson we had wasn’t the original.

nonniemous
April 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I was thinking about the "hint" that was supposed to be in late S3 and I think it is this...

In Vengeance, Teyla says "It's amazing how quickly he's been able to incorporate our science into his” referring to Michael and his work making the creatures using our techniques. This is very true, and maybe too true. He did seem to copy our work a bit too quickly. It’s almost like he had help from someone who knows about "our" science..... CARSON. I’m pretty sure this must be how Carson returns, he was cloned by Michael , or maybe the Carson we had wasn’t the original.

This is what I'm thinking, too. It makes the most sense, from what I know of the second half of Season 3.

Though it is going to really make "Vengeance" look even more idiotic for managing to never, ever mention Carson's name.

Skydiver
April 10th, 2007, 01:00 PM
guys, do we know what episode this happens in? if so can we get the title so it can go in the thread title because spoilers are running rampant and without thread titles, it's kinda hard to warn for them

PG15
April 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Joe didn't mention any episode titles, just that it was late season 3.

I'd reckon this thread will have spoilers from all over the place.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM

How?! When and where did he have time?! Did we find a device for that before Michael?! Do the wraith have a device like this? And if they bloody did, why don't they do that with humans and have a human shmorgasbourg----there wouldn't be infighting.

Killdeer
April 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I doubt the poem would have been refering to all of season 4, most of it wasn't even planned when it was written.

Here's what Joe said about the poem:

"The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4."

PG15
April 10th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'll go with some of the others and say that the hint is in Tao of Rodney. If that machine can change a near-ascended Rodney to a plain-old Rodney using his original DNA sequences, then what's keeping it from creating a plain-old Carson from...say, his corpse or something?

Well, maybe it's not going to be that morbid, but still, there is a possibility here. I can't think of anything else.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'll go with some of the others and say that the hint is in Tao of Rodney. If that machine can change a near-ascended Rodney to a plain-old Rodney using his original DNA sequences, then what's keeping it from creating a plain-old Carson from...say, his corpse or something?

Well, maybe it's not going to be that morbid, but still, there is a possibility here. I can't think of anything else.

Wouldnt' there be a whole soul problem? So his soul and personality would sort of fly back into it's body. A clone is a clone, but then can the soul or inner essence of the person be duplicated as well? I guess we'll have to see.:o

PG15
April 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, but that's getting into the philosophical side of things.

I can say that the near-ascended rodney was a different person; his body was changed, along with his brain chemistry; but the machine was able to reverse all of that. But then, I don't believe in souls, but rather the chemical construct of the brain that makes it appear that way.

If they can restore Carson to before he died, then, in theory, everything would be reversed, well, except his memory of being killed, I suppose, since Rodney remembered (almost) everything from his experiences.

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Wouldnt' there be a whole soul problem? So his soul and personality would sort of fly back into it's body. A clone is a clone, but then can the soul or inner essence of the person be duplicated as well? I guess we'll have to see.:o

Is there such a thing?

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, but that's getting into the philosophical side of things.

I can say that the near-ascended rodney was a different person; his body was changed, along with his brain chemistry; but the machine was able to reverse all of that. But then, I don't believe in souls, but rather the chemical construct of the brain that makes it appear that way.

If they can restore Carson to before he died, then, in theory, everything would be reversed, well, except his memory of being killed, I suppose, since Rodney remembered (almost) everything from his experiences.

Can I just say, how twisted this all sounds to me?! So would he have any conception of his death or that he died? I don't know, I just don't see it as a dead one minute and happy go lucky the next. And if he is fine, I'd feel even weirder.

Is there such a thing?

Not really...but I give into my theological up bringing from time to time. :D

I still believe in Santa, too. Better to see colors than shades, any day of the week.

PG15
April 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Can I just say, how twisted this all sounds to me?! So would he have any conception of his death or that he died? I don't know, I just don't see it as a dead one minute and happy go lucky the next. And if he is fine, I'd feel even weirder.

Oh, it's twisted alright. It's just a theory though; I have no clue what TPTB has up their sleeves.

Hopefully it's something better, and if not, hopefully Carson will be allowed to deal with this...problem.

SG13-NightOps
April 10th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Sunday was a cheap rip off or homage to Grey's Anatomy, and Grey's Anatomy did it a lot better

I actually thought it was a rewrite of the SG1 Singularity script.
Much like Sateda was a rehash of Cor-ai
and Irresistable was a remake of Hathor
etc etc.

Well - cant expect SGA to be completely uninfluenced by SG1?

someone posted an idea that Michael made a clone. Dont see it. If Wraith could easily clone humans in a few minutes with or without wraith tech, then what would be the point of trying to find a new rich feeding ground? They would just need to clone everyone.

With all the "beaming theories" - they took a body back to Earth and buried it. If he was beamed away, I am sure the lack of body would have given that away.

I am thinking for the hint, Tao of Rodney is a strong contender.

Other than that - I think this revival was planned all along.

sueKay
April 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm beginning to think Carson's death and comeback was staged so that Weir could be kicked out of the back door without as much of a fuss...

Copernicus
April 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Perhaps it's an addendum to the rather quick scientific explanation of "it creates tumours that explode" which will make such a concept more believable.

Zed.P.M.
April 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Maybe the casket buried on Earth was just a few charred remains and a casket full of Carson's personal belongings as opposed to an entire corpse?

Zed.P.M.
April 10th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Oh and by the way, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone at the Save Carson Beckett campaign. You guys have proven that a small group CAN make a difference! Thank you!

Now I really can't wait until Season 4!! :D

Xenocide
April 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Maybe they used his blood sample and were able to recreate him, using the DNA, the same way Rodney reversed the ascension machine.

jenks
April 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe they used his blood sample and were able to recreate him, using the DNA, the same way Rodney reversed the ascension machine.

He'd have no memory though.

Ripple in Space
April 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM
The tumor never really exploded. The cause of the explosions was Loki, the Asgard. He had been monitoring Atlantis for some time (in a cloaked Asgard Vessel), and saw Carson carrying the explosive tumor as the perfect opportunity to snag him.

Although Carson doesn't have the ATA Gene at the same levels as Colonel O'Neill, Thor never put the cypher preventing cloning in Beckett's DNA. Loki has taken it upon himself to bring back his fallen race, and during Atlantis S3.5-4.0 Carson has been helping him.

Being the Tau'ri's greatest doctor, and possessing the ATA gene, Carson has been very helpful. He hasn't contacted Atlantis because he's basically a prisoner.

Sly12
April 10th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry if you didn't know and the title has spoiled your enjoyment and excitement for Season 4... oh well you shouldn't of been here in the first place... To recap...

"Late in Season Three, we discussed the manner in which the character had been written out and the possible ways in which he could be brought back. I threw out an idea that not only brought Carson back, but answered a very big question I had concerning a late-season arc"

"In order to lay the groundwork for his possible return, we threaded a subtle hint into one of the late Season Three episodes"

Anyone got a guess as to what that big question or subtle thread might be?

My personal guess would have been that he comes back as a replicator as Oberoth did mention in the last episode of season 3 that he was downloaded from the main system... i thought if maybe Carsen had had his mine probed by the replicators then maybe his mind would of been added to that system.

The more i think about it the more stupid it is... anyways, would love to hear your theories, so come on and step up!

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'm beginning to think Carson's death and comeback was staged so that Weir could be kicked out of the back door without as much of a fuss...

I don't think, I would be as selfish to believe that it wast staged to get rid for Weir. I first want to point out, I'm not saying it was cold-hearted on TPTB's part. But I saw more so publicity since it would happen when a well liked character was randomly taken out..

I heard tons of speculation on the part of the fanatics out there. I figured he was cut down to recurring, since I had heard rumors early on that Beckett would be in S4 but to the capacity we saw. Don't ask me where, because it's a long long long time, and I visited too many forums to really pinpoint where. But I can say seeing him killed was a surprise. But as I said since I always figured he'd be in S4, to what capacity I don't know, all this hoopla to save him seemed pointless. I'm not saying that there's no way that this was effective for publicity's sake, but as for saving Beckett----figured that was already underway anyway.

I liked him as recurring, I prefer him as recurring. I don't believe that Beckett is here for the long haul. A lot of people are going crazy about it, which they have the right too. But two episodes could be in various shapes or forms. Not too mention we've seen it plenty of times where characters who were "gone" come back for two parters.

In summary, not a way to get rid of Weir to hide the truth. I could see it being as really getting rid of Carson to recurring and drawing the bonus points from the inadvertent publicity. :D It's genius really, dramatic and inspiring death which organized a pretty well liked group---who were told to get as far as ET (to get Carson time)p they made it as far as the Today Show. Great job really.

Lastly, that's all interpretation as is to VB, nothing special not based on full blown facts given to me. But I don't agree with the above poster and I don't want to really dampen the spirits of the Carson fans based on my specs.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Totally agree. I liked Carson, so it was a big deal for me when he got killed and it brought the peril back to the show. Now, it's just like, "Nah, nevermind, here he is." That's pretty lame to me.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry if you didn't know and the title has spoiled your enjoyment and excitement for Season 4... oh well you shouldn't of been here in the first place...

To translate:

"I'm sorry, but I'm not actually sorry at all. It's your fault for reading my thread title."

Willow'sCat
April 10th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Lastly, that's all interpretation as is to VB, nothing special not based on full blown facts given to me. But I don't agree with the above poster and I don't want to really dampen the spirits of the Carson fans based on my specs.I think you may be correct though, well with most of it. I just hope that this is not another FORD or even Jonas or Janet thing. A couple of eps to "try" and keep a certain part of fandom happy (which never works) but with no real intention of keeping said characters around. Even if Carson is made recurring again, it just means the talk will go back to why is he being so under used. :rolleyes:

This isn't really a win if all that happens is two eps in season 4 and a couple of "infirmary moments" in season 5 (if we get a season 5).

I think Carson turns into a big huge not Whale!Fish. Now that would be subtle. ;) :P

geewillie86
April 10th, 2007, 04:51 PM
My personal guess would have been that he comes back as a replicator as Oberoth did mention in the last episode of season 3 that he was downloaded from the main system... i thought if maybe Carsen had had his mine probed by the replicators then maybe his mind would of been added to that system.

That would be slightly interesting if it could escape being a rehash of repliCarter, but TPTB have already told us that that it will be our Carson in flesh and blood.

Since we know that the method of return comes from a question about the back half, I've tried to focus on what confuses me.
For instance, when the "phantom" Carson appeared to Rodney I thought it was all in his head, but what if it wasn't?

pisces27
April 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM

I think this revival was planned all along.

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing.

Frunk
April 10th, 2007, 05:34 PM
An oldie but a goodie that the end of his last ep alluded to:
He ascended :P

Or even worse:
He was beamed out at the last second by some yet unknown force.

Ripple in Space
April 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
An oldie but a goodie that the end of his last ep alluded to:
He ascended :P

Or even worse:
He was beamed out at the last second by some yet unknown force.

I sure hope he didn't ascend. I mean if that's the only way to bring him back, then fine, but it's getting really old.

Jackie
April 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Wasn't it mentioned when they killed the good doc off that death is never a certainty in sci-fi and they wanted to bring PM back in season 4 for 2 or 3 eps?

Wasn't it also mentioned that it would be possible to have PM came back as either the doc or ANOTHER character?

TPTB have pulled fast ones before. The doc was only supposed to disappear at the end of season 3 originally.

It seems to me that TPTB and JM like to throw bones at the fans. I try not to take what they leak out as absolute fact. I'm sure when Doc comes back it will be in flesh form but nothing beyond that. :rolleyes:

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think you may be correct though, well with most of it. I just hope that this is not another FORD or even Jonas or Janet thing. A couple of eps to "try" and keep a certain part of fandom happy (which never works) but with no real intention of keeping said characters around. Even if Carson is made recurring again, it just means the talk will go back to why is he being so under used. :rolleyes:

This isn't really a win if all that happens is two eps in season 4 and a couple of "infirmary moments" in season 5 (if we get a season 5).

I think Carson turns into a big huge not Whale!Fish. Now that would be subtle. ;) :P

I wanted to be a bit more, but it would appear that Im completely insincere. I may have zero tact, but a bit at times my common sense comes up to play and I don't want to ruin a supposed good day...if you get my meaning; so I curbed away.

But actually I do think it's going to be similar to Ford, but I didn't want to say that. Plus I have a few other extended ideas, but my lips are sealed. :D

As for the Whale fish, when I saw Echoes I thought he was going to disappear while fishing---figured he'd up like Jonah and get swallowed by the whale. Build a condo inside the Whale and make his way back out with a slew of other people who were inside the whale...or maybe that was a pinnochio story?! Whatever...that's where I thought it was going. :D

SGA4ever
April 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
so there bring beckett back :mckay:

he's a cylon it's the only answer.

Jenner8675309
April 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Interesting, I was thinking the same thing.

TPTB did put in a "back door" for a "just in case", but Paul was released from his contract and did move to LA to seek work (still there in fact). We are just lucky that he was available and willing to come back.

the fifth man
April 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
TPTB did put in a "back door" for a "just in case", but Paul was released from his contract and did move to LA to seek work (still there in fact). We are just lucky that he was available and willing to come back.

Definitely lucky that he was willing to come back. I can't wait to see him back, even briefly, this coming season.:) Carson was one of my favorite SGA characters.

mcbarr
April 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah, 99,9% of Stargate fans like the guy, which is why he was promoted to main cast member in the first place. What TPTB did to Dr. Beckett in Sunday was really awful! What a poor decision! Glad to see they're fixing it, though.

SGA4ever
April 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, 99,9% of Stargate fans like the guy, which is why he was promoted to main cast member in the first place. What TPTB did to Dr. Beckett in Sunday was really awful! What a poor decision! Glad to see they're fixing it, though.

we can say the same thing about janet's death but ya know fans got over it and movied on.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hmm. This is awkward. If I had been into Stargate when Daniel left for the first time, I would've been really pissed off. I can't see myself ever participating in a "Save" campaign, but it would've upset me and I would've been amped to hear he was coming back.

So, I understand the sentiment.

From my personal perspective, though, I liked Beckett just fine, but didn't get why had legions of followers or why he was as loved as he was. When he died in Sunday, it had the desired reaction -- I emotionally reacted to it when I was watching. It didn't leave me feeling like I was wronged, though. It just reinforced what a dangerous situation the team finds itself in, something that was much needed.

Now, however, the peril evaporates, 'cause even when someone dies, apparently it's no big deal! Here he comes again.

When it was Daniel, 1) it hadn't been done before, and 2) it was a really interesting way to go about it. Now, though, the now-he's-dead-now-he's-not thing has been used a lot and has no freshness left to it. It just seems really silly, and I wish they just left him dead.

BeautifulScotland
April 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I really think the "Save Carson Beckett" rally really helped this. Even if Carson is not back for good, I'm still happy we'll be seeing him again, but not for so long!

Now there is the issue though of how he is coming back. We know that this is going to be the real, real Carson, not an AU or time travel one, so the thought for me is how? How is he coming back from the dead? That is, if you beleive that he ever was really "dead."

Any theories? I'm thinking of mine right now.

einx359
April 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Im really glad to hear he is back.

To those who say that his return diminishes the value of Sunday. Really, it depends on how they do it. If its just one episode where Carson comes back, rejoins the main cast, and everything returns to normal, then yes, it would ruin Sunday. But look at Daniel. He died for a season, and then came back, and that worked well. It left open a few doors to resolve in other episodes, such as Orpheus, Chimera, and Threads.

Now, suppose Atlantis went even further. Maybe Beckett will come back to the show. But what if something is different now? Maybe due to the manner in which Beckett was ressurected/saved, he is permanently changed? Perhaps he is alive due to Asuran nanites; he can interact with Asuran technology better, but needs to constantly be recharged or something. Maybe Michael brings him back, so he's alive, but stuck in something like that partial wraith state that Sheppard was in in Conversion.

Also, there should at least be half an episode about Carson reintegrating. How everyone thought he was dead. If he was actually dead, there should be something about him dealing with that.

If they make sure that his return is not just pushed aside, then it will turn out great.

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I'm not going to read through 7 pages but I just wanted to say that I'm glad they are finding a way to bring him back. I can't wait to find out how they do this and have faith it will be done well.

Why Carson? Why?
April 11th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Im so happy it's not funny, The reason why Carson had so many followers is because he was the guy everyone could relate to and so when he died there was a big...BIG uproar.

To Be quite honest i dont really care how they bring him back as long as they, and stop relating this o when Daniel "Died" this is nothing the same that was SG1 THIS is SGA THERE TWO DIFFERNT SHOWS.

And a for him just appearing breifly there is a definate 2 parter and maybe a third and JM said the door will be left WIDE open for season 5 for Dr Carson Beckett.

People as the mod said before this is fans rejoicing over carsons 2nd coming so if you dont like it go blam it in the anti Carson Beckett thread and leaqve us to our happiness,

crompton20
April 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM
the difference between beckett, daniel and janet were huge, beckett and daniel were both arguably the second most populer characters in the show behind o neil and mckay so killing them off wasn't a great move, on the other hand janet was a recurring but not a major character.

as for carlson coming back WOOOOOOOOOo hopefully TPTB will treat this differently to the ford situation

Why Carson? Why?
April 11th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Exactly Man This Is Completely Different Situation, And Im Just Glad To See A Little Bit Of Light At The End Of The Worm Hole :jack_new_anime07: :D

TJuk
April 11th, 2007, 03:09 AM
While obviously being one of the SCB campaign team I'm rejoicing he's back, I really hope they use it and write some damn good television, not any old crap simply to have the character back. One of the reasons I passionately campaigned for his return is I believe Paul as an actor is an asset to the show, and Carson as a character is absolutely essential to the dynamic both for what he brings individually, and for what he brings out in others.

Personally I thought 'Sunday' was DUMB, it had its good emotional and dramatic moments but...exploding tumours? Mornonic excuse to off a character they for some reason thought was expendable...WRONG! If they were going to kill off one of the best and most popular characters in a show, they could have least done it well with a big final swan song, his death meaning something but they didn't. But now maybe, they can use his return as something to really help lift the show to new dramatic heights for his rebirth, if not his death, to really mean something.

I also hope that whatever the circustances around his return, they have far reaching and lasting consquences for both the show and the character. I want it to still be OUR Carson, but that doesn't preclude him being changed in some way (within reason) by what happened to him.

And for all those who say it'll cheapen the show, why? If its written correctly it might (and hopefully will) seriously lift the show to new heights of drama. We know Paul McGillion as an actor is capable of it, and the character is complex and developed enough for his return to really mean something, for this to seriously be some kick ass tv. And FINALLY Carson fans might actually get an episode or two were our guy takes centre stage and has his moment to really shine...we've been waiting for that since season 1's 'Poisoning the Well'!

talyn2k1
April 11th, 2007, 03:39 AM
The 'deaths' of Daniel and Carson could not be any more different. If anything, Carson's departure relates better to Janet's death.

Daniel ascended, he didn`t technically die.
The action was taken because MS wasn`t happy with the show and wanted to leave. Fortunately, they managed to talk him into coming back a season later.

Janet died as a way to evoke an emotional response from the fans and the characters.
Fraiser was only a recurring character and, while she was an extremely popular one and an almost honorary regular, she was no more safe from death than any other recurring character.
As far as I know, TR didn`t want to leave.

Carson died as a way to evoke an emotional response from the fans and the characters.
Carson had just been promoted to regular so if TPTB wanted to kill a regular for the 'shock factor' he was the simplest choice (although its a matter of opinion over who would`ve been the best choice to kill)
Paul McGillion has made it quite clear that he didn`t want to leave.

The conditions of Daniel's departure were completely different from Carson's so I really don`t think its fair trying to draw a comparison between the two.

As for the people who are saying that the killing and resurrecting of regulars is getting a bit old, I fail to see how as this is only the second time it has been done where the character has not been resurrected in the same episode (which I wouldn`t really count).

Every scifi show kills their regulars and brings them back in the same episode (with the possible exception of BSG). Its a cheap (and now ineffective way) of getting an emotional response out of the viewers.
As far as prolonged death and return goes, Carson is only the second person for this to happen to (the first being Daniel, of course), so I really don`t think its happened enough to get old just yet.

WannaBeAWhumper
April 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Here's my take (pure speculation, of course, and probably stupid):

An outstanding question on the show which we've been told is going to be explained in the back half of S4 is "how do the wraith reproduce?". Carson is also supposed to come back in the back half of S4.

We also know that Michael is adept at manipulation DNA - maybe this has something to do with how they reproduce: bugs + human DNA.

Maybe Michael made a wraith from Carson's DNA. He could have gotten the DNA during Misbegotten, or, the "hint" JM says could come from ToR when Carson says "I keep a sample of all the team members' DNA for baseline analysis" (or something to that effect). Michael could get his hands on that sample somehow.

So...maybe Michael makes a "Carson-wraith"! What better revenge for Michael. Beckett made him into a human (twice), so he pays him back by making Beckett into a wraith.

Eventually the team would capture him and either use the retrovirus to make him human again, or the ToR machine to revert to his original DNA.
Presto! Carson is back in flesh and blood.

This scenario would have lots of angst and drama - seeing Carson as a wraith! Then when they revert him, having to live with the fact he's fed on humans. Plus, I suppose it would look like Carson, be Carson, but wouldn't have his memories and knowledge That would be tough for the team - but also make it convenient for TPTB to not keep him as a full-time character.

Okay, I'll duck now before the tomatoes start flying.

maxbo
April 11th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Carson's return is the best SGA news I've had in a while. And, it also means that I'll finally be able to watch Sunday without being annoyed that it was Carson's swan song. For me, that was the only thing wrong with that episode.

I know some viewers believed that the message of his death was that no one was safe, but saw his death as an case of out of sight, out of mind because no seemed to remember him - not even in Vengeance.

Now that Carson's back, I hope TPTB write his return well and follow up on the several loose ends that his *death* left hanging. Finding out that JM and crew had a backdoor for a possible return is good news because maybe, just maybe they will write his return in a way that won't totally suck.

Rac80
April 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM

Now that is an intriguing IDEA (kind of reminds me of DS9 and the Changling Dr. Bashir episodes.............) and it could be worked in very well. After all Michael was very ANGRY over what had been done to him.......

twinchaosblade
April 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM
We'll get our beloved Carson Beckett back!

*chants: Proud and defiant; we'll slay the giant... (Newsies)*

Well, I love speculating on Carson's return, especially since I haven't seen any eps of season three yet. Therefore my guesses are purely sparked by spoilers written here in the forums. THAT'S FUN!

I agree SueKay, I think it really has something to do with Michael and 'Vengeance', that the team might discover that for one reason or another they didn't rescue the right Beckett in 'Misbegotten', therefore Carson didn't really die in 'Sunday' but was still a prisoner of 'his creation' and Michael forced Beckett to help him with the little army of his.

Now when Michael returns they find out the true Carson had to endure captivity for almost two years and they are beside themselves, beating themselves up for not knowing, for not noticing. This would also explain why Michael all of a sudden was capable of genetic experiments. I mean the knowledge had to come from somewhere. Come on, the line 'Must have been a Wraith scientist' was awful and dumb beyond belief!

And this would give TPTB the opportunity to at last show some sort of repercussion for that storyline. Something that had been dearly lacking after 'Misbegotten'. That they neglected showing the repercussions of Sheppard's encounter with the Wraith in 'Common Ground' was sad but somehow in character, for John would certainly hide how he feels about such a traumatic experience. But Beckett is not a soldier and I think the experience affected him a lot, even if he tried to hide that. And perhaps Carson is less than thrilled to be ‘utterly forgotten’ by his friends. I don’t mean the way they handled (or not handled) Beckett’s untimely demise but the fact that his friends didn’t realize the Carson they rescued in ‘Misbegotten’ wasn’t him, and they left him with Michael for such an extended period of time.

That's about my 2 cents’ worth.

Willow'sCat
April 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM
And for all those who say it'll cheapen the show, why? If its written correctly it might (and hopefully will) seriously lift the show to new heights of drama. <> And FINALLY Carson fans might actually get an episode or two were our guy takes centre stage and has his moment to really shine...we've been waiting for that since season 1's 'Poisoning the Well'!TJ you know this show, when don't they cheapen things? :cool:

This to me is just another in a long line of stupid decisions. And so you get him back *big deal, as I see it tptb always had that in mind* I guarantee it will still be the Sheppard and McKay show.

Your hope for a real Carson ep will not be realised.

My only hope now is that Carson will pay for the unethical treatment of Michael. If this is about Michael then it may work but if this is about something entirely new *shrugs* I would rather he remained dead. :cool: :rolleyes:

TJuk
April 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM
TJ you know this show, when don't they cheapen things? :cool:

This to me is just another in a long line of stupid decisions. And so you get him back *big deal, as I see it tptb always had that in mind* I guarantee it will still be the Sheppard and McKay show.

Your hope for a real Carson ep will not be realised.

My only hope now is that Carson will pay for the unethical treatment of Michael. If this is about Michael then it may work but if this is about something entirely new *shrugs* I would rather he remained dead. :cool: :rolleyes:

One of the things that pissed me off the most is we had this incredibly emotional character but we see no personal repercussions for his actions with the retrovirus? Now THAT would have been infinitely better drama then death by exploding tumour, to see him suffer and seek redemption for what he had been a part of (it wasn't just Beckett). Paul is an excellent actor and could have pulled it off. Instead they chose to abdanon those storylines and leave them unfinished, it was a waste.

As for your comments on his treatment of the Wraith, the same can be said for all the other characters. And I found it to be an interest character flaw, I like my heroes flawed. Here we have this incredibly compassionate man of conscience, and yet he can not seem to understand what he's doing is unethical wrong. Its his way of addressing his conscience, he doesn't see making them human as 'killing' the wraith as sure as shooting one. Its an interesting moral delemma, it could have made the storyline very interesting (if the writing didn't suck so bad) especially with letting us see some him struggling which is conscience. He's smart enough to see both sides of the arguement. Now THAT is dramatic television.

He should never have died, ratings stunt, cast stuffle and 'soft reset', whatever they were wrong. They invested too much in the storyline, and carried it on post is death which was dumber still. Bringing him back at least gives us a chance to address some of that. I'm reserving my judgement on the quality of the episode. I dont review something professional until I see it, though I will voice my misgivings.

I'm not concerned about the cheapen his death issue cos a) it should never have happened b) it sucked and did nothing for the show and c) it was completely unfair on Paul and his fans.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, a chance to redeem themselves and I hope they give Carson that chance. As for his ep, well it certainly cant be about ratings if they make a big deal about bringing him back only for him to be an afterthought in the ep. He HAS to take center stage in those 2 episodes at least, theres no two ways about it, even they aren't that stupid. So either way we FINALLY get a couple of Beckett episodes. Thats more then we've had for the last 2 seasons combined!!!

Willow'sCat
April 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
One of the things that pissed me off the most is we had this incredibly emotional character but we see no personal repercussions for his actions with the retrovirus? <> As for your comments on his treatment of the Wraith, the same can be said for all the other characters. The thing is it never made any sense. Carson was far too ethical to "just go along" with what *basically* Sheppard wanted. We know Sheppard has a big huge grey moral area, nothing new, we know McKay is more interested in the science then the ethics and we know Weir was so connected to Atlantis that even she can be forgiven for not resigning over this. Although I still reserve the right to smash all their heads together. :cool:

You are right, Paul could have pulled it off acting wise but tptb didn't give him a script to work off, so he remains in my mind the only one who had his whole ethical and moral beliefs turned around for a couple of episodes. Oh we got him back :cool: to cautious, ethical and "loving" Carson. It was all a little late for me. I felt sorry for Michael, which is interesting but it still leaves me wondering what the point of that arc was?

<>Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, a chance to redeem themselves and I hope they give Carson that chance. Sure but they killed him. I didn't buy that in Buffy, I can't be expected to buy it in SGA; a show that just hasn't got the writing chops IMHO.

And with Carson *back* are we just hitting a huge reset button to make a few rating points or some fans happy, or worst still, gain publicity? That is no way to make a TV show. :S

twinchaosblade
April 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Okay, sit tight for my multiquote-session after having read the whole thread after my first post.

I think they will bring Carson back through some sort of Atlantis emergency mechanism which transports ATA gene carriers near explosions etc., and stores their energy pattern for later rematerialization, as someone else suggested previously.

Nice idea with the ATA gene carriers. I surely didn't think of anything like this, but it definitely makes sense.

I really, really hope I'm wrong too. Just because he said that Carson wouldn't be timetravel!Carson doesn't mean that they can't flashback and show us some stuff that happened offscreen in season 3. Fill in some gaps, if you will.:beckettanime09:

JM said the door would be open for more appearances of Carson in season 5, and I simply don't believe he meant they could always bring in a flashback for good measure.

MMM comes to mind...cats from the au Mckay world coming for a visit? I don't think Carson is a Doctor in that world, I figure he's a marine or he's leader of that Atlantis. Hmmm...now that is interesting, Carson as leader.

The leader bit got me intriegued, vaberella. Since JM allegedly said Carter would only be in season four, maybe Carson comes back but doesn't assume the job of CMO again but perhaps takes over the leadership of the expedition if Lizzi can't return, which I think would be very sad. But the prospect of Beckett being the Atlantis leader would sound interesting to me.

I strongly believe the two things had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with each other! Why should they want to get the fans in a frenzy to later kick out someone else while they bring back the first, who was booted just for the stunt (and perhaps free PR). To my mind they disposed of Beckett because TPTB thought his character wasn't as integrated into the team that the dynamic would suffer so much if he was removed. Furthermore, they only used the character in 13 eps of season three, they understood they could get along quite just as well without him in an average ep.

He'd have no memory though.

What an intrieguing idea... I think it would be quite fascinating to see Beckett return but not be his usual self, maybe equally caring and such but not their Carson. And while he tries to reintegrate into Atlantis, they all come to realize that Beckett will never be the same. That in certain aspects the *newer version* acts differently and they have to get accustomed to a quite new person, even though he looks like the old one. I'm sure that would cause much confusion and be very hard on his closest friends as well as on Beckett himself because he perhaps wants to be what the others expect of him but he just can't. (I once saw a film where a guy had a serious brain injury and lost all his memory. When he was physically okay again, his whole family and he himself of course had immense difficulties dealing with the situation and trying to get used to their 'new' family member.)

From my personal perspective, though, I liked Beckett just fine, but didn't get why had legions of followers or why he was as loved as he was. When he died in Sunday, it had the desired reaction -- I emotionally reacted to it when I was watching. It didn't leave me feeling like I was wronged, though. It just reinforced what a dangerous situation the team finds itself in, something that was much needed.

Now, however, the peril evaporates, 'cause even when someone dies, apparently it's no big deal! Here he comes again.

Just my thoughts: He was Mahatma Beckett! He was really a sweet soul and a sensitive and caring male character for a change. Everybody else is so much like hiding their feelings and being strong and all. He was different. Maybe he was a genius in medicine and genetics and all but he never boasted or tried to be someone he wasn't. He was an everyday character, who admitted not having all the answers or being wrong at times. He never pretended to be super strong or get around his emotions and care. Carson was always there when anyone needed help, he simply showed them they mattered. Even as a doctor he gave the impression that his patients weren't just names or numbers to him but people, people he cared about.

To my mind the peril never existed at all. They decided to kill off Beckett because he was least integrated into the team. From the point of team dynamic within the off-world team, he was really expendible. But he added so much to the show and the general feeling of Atlanits. He represented the moral and integrity the expedition members wanted to bring to the Pegasus Galaxy. And since he wasn't in too many eps. the producers knew they could tell the stories without him. And perhaps they weren't quite sure what to do with the character in the long run because they seemed to integrate him less and less.

There was never a sense of danger in my eyes because it was always too obvious that Sheppard, McKay, Ronon and Teyla would come clear of everything at the end. They certainly wouldn't dare kill any of them. Sheppard and McKay are their showrunners, Teyla is their female poster alien and Ronon is already the substitute for Ford and they'd never admit that they couldn't handle the new character either. (Not that I think Ronon is not a good character. Actually I really love the whole team, including Weir and of course Beckett but that's no secret I guess.) Therefore, peril is an illusion anyway. They simply just kill characters they don't deem necessary.

I never knew there was a limited length for the posts... guess what happened if I can tell you that I know now...! ;)

twinchaosblade
April 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Here cometh the second part...

Im really glad to hear he is back.

To those who say that his return diminishes the value of Sunday. Really, it depends on how they do it. If its just one episode where Carson comes back, rejoins the main cast, and everything returns to normal, then yes, it would ruin Sunday.
Now, suppose Atlantis went even further. Maybe Beckett will come back to the show. But what if something is different now? Maybe due to the manner in which Beckett was ressurected/saved, he is permanently changed? Perhaps he is alive due to Asuran nanites; he can interact with Asuran technology better, but needs to constantly be recharged or something. Maybe Michael brings him back, so he's alive, but stuck in something like that partial wraith state that Sheppard was in in Conversion.

Also, there should at least be half an episode about Carson reintegrating. How everyone thought he was dead. If he was actually dead, there should be something about him dealing with that.

If they make sure that his return is not just pushed aside, then it will turn out great.

While obviously being one of the SCB campaign team I'm rejoicing he's back, I really hope they use it and write some damn good television, not any old crap simply to have the character back. One of the reasons I passionately campaigned for his return is I believe Paul as an actor is an asset to the show, and Carson as a character is absolutely essential to the dynamic both for what he brings individually, and for what he brings out in others.

Personally I thought 'Sunday' was DUMB, it had its good emotional and dramatic moments but...exploding tumours? Mornonic excuse to off a character they for some reason thought was expendable...WRONG! If they were going to kill off one of the best and most popular characters in a show, they could have least done it well with a big final swan song, his death meaning something but they didn't. But now maybe, they can use his return as something to really help lift the show to new dramatic heights for his rebirth, if not his death, to really mean something.

I also hope that whatever the circustances around his return, they have far reaching and lasting consquences for both the show and the character. I want it to still be OUR Carson, but that doesn't preclude him being changed in some way (within reason) by what happened to him.

And for all those who say it'll cheapen the show, why? If its written correctly it might (and hopefully will) seriously lift the show to new heights of drama. We know Paul McGillion as an actor is capable of it, and the character is complex and developed enough for his return to really mean something, for this to seriously be some kick ass tv. And FINALLY Carson fans might actually get an episode or two were our guy takes centre stage and has his moment to really shine...we've been waiting for that since season 1's 'Poisoning the Well'!

I agree 100%. As much as I want my favourite, gentle and caring Scot back, I think it is necessary for him to not be exactly the same as before. Just like everybody else, his character must devolop in one way or another. Being the perfect 'copy' of his former self would be lame. They can't bring him back and make him look and feel like 'you could also put this ep in the middle of season three before he was killed'. I explicitly say, I really want him to come back as one of the heroes with lots of care and passion as before, not as their new threat or nemesis, but he should be a little bit different nonetheless, grown from experience. For example he might be less naive than he used to be or kinda more realistic in the way of using brute force if necessary or less afraid of using the control chair or with some new abilities which can be of use for the Atlantis mission.

Here's my take (pure speculation, of course, and probably stupid):

An outstanding question on the show which we've been told is going to be explained in the back half of S4 is "how do the wraith reproduce?". Carson is also supposed to come back in the back half of S4.

We also know that Michael is adept at manipulation DNA - maybe this has something to do with how they reproduce: bugs + human DNA.

Maybe Michael made a wraith from Carson's DNA. He could have gotten the DNA during Misbegotten, or, the "hint" JM says could come from ToR when Carson says "I keep a sample of all the team members' DNA for baseline analysis" (or something to that effect). Michael could get his hands on that sample somehow.

So...maybe Michael makes a "Carson-wraith"! What better revenge for Michael. Beckett made him into a human (twice), so he pays him back by making Beckett into a wraith.

Eventually the team would capture him and either use the retrovirus to make him human again, or the ToR machine to revert to his original DNA.

This scenario would have lots of angst and drama - seeing Carson as a wraith! Then when they revert him, having to live with the fact he's fed on humans. Plus, I suppose it would look like Carson, be Carson, but wouldn't have his memories and knowledge That would be tough for the team - but also make it convenient for TPTB to not keep him as a full-time character.

Okay, I'll duck now before the tomatoes start flying.

Why should we throw things at you, WannaBeAWhumper? This is a valid theory and not the worst one, if I may add. I don't think it'll come to pass or it's my favourite of scenarios but it's one hell of an interesting idea!
Although I admit I "stronglyest" hope we'll get him back as either a regular or at least heavily reccurring character like in season one.

And I don't think bringing Carson back necessarily means Jewel Staite is out for sure. They could still keep her, and why not. I'm opposed to her character being the CMO but that does not mean I wouldn't accept her if she was maybe 2nd in charge to Beckett or if our fav Scot occupied a new position within the expedition (perhaps taking over the leadership from Carter after season four or he really joines the strike team) that she couldn't remain the doctor of the show. Believe me, I have nothing against the actress or the character apart from the fact that they offed a perfectly good character/actor to get her in. And being asked to choose between the two, I'd pick Beckett in a heartbeat. After all he is my fav character on the show!

TJuk
April 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
The thing is it never made any sense. Carson was far too ethical to "just go along" with what *basically* Sheppard wanted. We know Sheppard has a big huge grey moral area, nothing new, we know McKay is more interested in the science then the ethics and we know Weir was so connected to Atlantis that even she can be forgiven for not resigning over this. Although I still reserve the right to smash all their heads together. :cool:

Yes but Beckett is a 'Doctor' AND a geneticist, a scientist, two difficult aspects to juggle. They're at war but formost he's a doctor who sees killing, the taking of a 'life' as wrong. He wants to prevent deaths, on BOTH sides. He doesn't see turning the Wriath into humans as 'killing the wraith' because its a death of 'self' not a death of the body. A loophole but a perspective I can understand. He was the ONLY one in 'Misbegotten' who wanted to save the de-wraithed humans. The ONLY one to treat them as human beings. Sheppard is therefore, techically a mass murderer because as humans with no memory of their former lives, the Wraith were innoccents. McKay pressed the trigger, so he is as culpable.

Its a great storyline and very interesting conundrum left hanging. I wish the SGA writers would go for the intelligent explorations of issue likes this, rather then wham bamp thank you ma'am, ooww pretty exploision...nice rack....

And as a diplomat And the leader, who is ultimately responsible for anyone under her's actions, Weir CAN NOT be forgiven for her actions. Both in authorising torture and the use of biological warfare. At the end of the day Beckett was holding true to his core beliefs in not taking a life. In fact his actions were to help PREVENT the loss of any life on both sides. Yeah, he was ethically wrong but he was blinded by his need to save lives. Weir was also searching for a solution that did the least damage to her soul/conscience. War is a terrible thing, its never pretty and as they say, good intentions pave the way to hell.

You are right, Paul could have pulled it off acting wise but tptb didn't give him a script to work off, so he remains in my mind the only one who had his whole ethical and moral beliefs turned around for a couple of episodes. Oh we got him back :cool: to cautious, ethical and "loving" Carson. It was all a little late for me. I felt sorry for Michael, which is interesting but it still leaves me wondering what the point of that arc was?

You cant blame the character for that, many fan fic writers have done wonders addressing those issues to help balance the character. And I think as an actor, Paul portrayed a lot of the internal struggles even when it wasn't written. And it wasn't an either/or thing, Beckett was still Beckett even when doing ethically wrong things, because it was a character flaw and part of who he is.

Sure but they killed him. I didn't buy that in Buffy, I can't be expected to buy it in SGA; a show that just hasn't got the writing chops IMHO.

Things can change. Binder has certainly got the writing chops so I live in hope. As for Beckett's actual resurrection. Well we wont know if it sucks until it airs. Just because other shows cant pull it off doesn't mean SGA cant. But then I can see if you're determined not to like it you wont. Its like the writing, its only limited by their imagination. Believe me I wont be shy about damning it, or praising it...but I cant do that until I see the episode.

And with Carson *back* are we just hitting a huge reset button to make a few rating points or some fans happy, or worst still, gain publicity? That is no way to make a TV show. :S

A lot of whats happening in season 4 is a 'soft reset' according to Joe Flanigan and others. I dont believe Carson's death was simply to bring him back regardless of the campaign for ratings (as JM addresses in his latest blog...THANK YOU!). There are too many risks involved, Paul for one was released from his contract so there was NO garantee he would be available. And why does it have to be a 'reset'? Yeah if they pull a Dallas, but who says they will? They may write a great dramatic, innovative and throughly entertaining episode to bring him back which will have far retching repercussions for the character and story arc of the show. We'll just have to wait and see...

twinchaosblade
April 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
One of the things that pissed me off the most is we had this incredibly emotional character but we see no personal repercussions for his actions with the retrovirus? Now THAT would have been infinitely better drama then death by exploding tumour, to see him suffer and seek redemption for what he had been a part of (it wasn't just Beckett). Paul is an excellent actor and could have pulled it off. Instead they chose to abdanon those storylines and leave them unfinished, it was a waste.

As for your comments on his treatment of the Wraith, the same can be said for all the other characters. And I found it to be an interest character flaw, I like my heroes flawed. Here we have this incredibly compassionate man of conscience, and yet he can not seem to understand what he's doing is unethical wrong. Its his way of addressing his conscience, he doesn't see making them human as 'killing' the wraith as sure as shooting one. Its an interesting moral delemma, it could have made the storyline very interesting (if the writing didn't suck so bad) especially with letting us see some him struggling which is conscience. He's smart enough to see both sides of the arguement. Now THAT is dramatic television.

The thing is it never made any sense. Carson was far too ethical to "just go along" with what *basically* Sheppard wanted. We know Sheppard has a big huge grey moral area, nothing new, we know McKay is more interested in the science then the ethics and we know Weir was so connected to Atlantis that even she can be forgiven for not resigning over this. Although I still reserve the right to smash all their heads together. :cool:

Agreed. It could have been a wonderful drama bit to have him come to rethink his actions and later try to come to terms with them. And I can really see both sides of the issue myself. I do believe it is wrong to try and take away something from someone that essentially makes him what he is. On the other hand I can understand that Carson, being against genocide, what killing whole bunches of Wraith would actually mean, thought it was a better idea to convert them. He knew a 'peaceful' coexistence wasn't possible as long as the humans remained food source number one for the Wraith. Then he figured, if he manipulated their DNA a bit they would be able to eat something else and therefore they all could live their respective merry lives.

It was a good, very heartfelt idea from Beckett's point of view. Fact is though that it simply doesn't work like this because humans and Wraith are not equal. The Wraith see the humans as inferior and definitely no persueworthy state of being. They feel belittled by being turned into humans and a huge part that makes their personality is taken from them by force. They rightfully don't accept that. But that was something Carson didn't not see in his vain attempt at offering peace to the galaxy. True to his character, he tried to save everyone but failed to realize that it isn't possible in their special situation. He meant no harm but he involuntarily caused a lot. And as much as I think he failed to understand that he did wrong in the beginning, he later noticed all too well that he had actively caused more harm than he ever expected himself to let happen. And I too believe this matter weighed heavily on his conscience even if it didn't make it on screen. Plus, I think that Beckett didn't put all the blame on Michael for what the Wraith did to him and the soldiers. IMHO he probably thought he deserved it to a certain degree.

As for his ep, well it certainly cant be about ratings if they make a big deal about bringing him back only for him to be an afterthought in the ep. He HAS to take center stage in those 2 episodes at least, theres no two ways about it, even they aren't that stupid. So either way we FINALLY get a couple of Beckett episodes. Thats more then we've had for the last 2 seasons combined!!!

These eps certainly must revolve around Carson! And I desperately hope to finally see something like that. We've waited long enough.
And they shouldn't dare let Paul/Carson go ever again.

Mitchell82
April 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I agree with those who say it's releated to Michael. They have some pretty hefty history so I don't doubt they will explore this avenue. I am glad they are bringing him back so I can't wait. I have faith that TPTB will do this well.

the fifth man
April 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I agree with those who say it's releated to Michael. They have some pretty hefty history so I don't doubt they will explore this avenue. I am glad they are bringing him back so I can't wait. I have faith that TPTB will do this well.

I too have faith that TPTB will do Carson's return well. Only time will tell if I'm right though. For now though, I choose to be optimistic about this.

TJuk
April 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM

I'm hoping his return answers some questions related to Michael. For starters the fact Michael seemed to go out of his way not to mention Beckett by name in 'Vengence' would make much more sense and go a little way to making up for how pissed we were over the apparently sweeping under the carpet of the character. It's also got fantastic potential for some seriously juicy angst, whump and damn good drama.

TBH I dont mind how they bring him back (well besides AU or Time Travel) as long as its OUR Carson, in the flesh and relatively intact. After all there are no original storylines, its how they spin/play it that will determine if its good or bad. I have absolutely no doubt in Paul McGillion's acting skills for handling whatever he's given with the usual kick ass portrayal...I'm sure it'll be an emotional ride!

PG15
April 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
More good news:

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is 2 episodes the max possible available for Paul/Carson […]?

- How late is 'late in season 4'? - You said we get THE Carson back, but will what happened to the character effect/change him in any way? - Will we FINALLY get to see any personal repurcussions for the character's ethical flaws in reguards to the retrovirus? - And seeing as SCB like challenges, what would it take to secure Carson back fulltime in S5?”

Answers: It’s looking like three episodes now. Not sure when they will air - one a little after the mid-season two-parter, the next two not that much later. There may be repercussions of his time away and the circumstances of his return. As for season 5 - we’re not even thinking ahead that far.

twinchaosblade
April 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I'm hoping his return answers some questions related to Michael. For starters the fact Michael seemed to go out of his way not to mention Beckett by name in 'Vengence' would make much more sense and go a little way to making up for how pissed we were over the apparently sweeping under the carpet of the character. It's also got fantastic potential for some seriously juicy angst, whump and damn good drama.

TBH I dont mind how they bring him back (well besides AU or Time Travel) as long as its OUR Carson, in the flesh and relatively intact. After all there are no original storylines, its how they spin/play it that will determine if its good or bad. I have absolutely no doubt in Paul McGillion's acting skills for handling whatever he's given with the usual kick ass portrayal...I'm sure it'll be an emotional ride!

I really like that part of your post, TJuk. And I'm also pretty sure Paul McGillion could give us one hell of a performance if he was allowed to do it!

More good news:

Thanks for posting this bit, PG15. *Very* interesting.
I really hope we can convince them to never let Carson go ever again. *hopes beyond hope*

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I really like that part of your post, TJuk. And I'm also pretty sure Paul McGillion could give us one hell of a performance if he was allowed to do it!

Thanks for posting this bit, PG15. *Very* interesting.
I really hope we can convince them to never let Carson go ever again. *hopes beyond hope*

It'd be very nice if he's back full time in season 5. *crosses fingers*

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM

I'm sure it will i can't wait. Lets just hope he's back in season 5 full time.

garhkal
April 13th, 2007, 10:21 AM
^ thats entirely possible! Didnt they same somewhere that the asurans were part organic. They're not like the MW replicators who are fully inorganic, they actually have organic cells, or something (biology was never a strong suit, lol)

Anyways....congrats to the save carson campaign for achieving what they set out to do!

No, cause if they weer part flesh, then the ones we hit with the disruptor (in the return pt 2) wouuld have left piles of flesh around..

Maybe something happened like An ancient security program, which detected the explosion going to towards him and beam him out or put him into a form of stasis.

But if that program existed, why did it not do the same for any of the other mirad explosions we have had, like in the siege pt3, or first strike??

I disagree there was a difference... Both were deaths of docs...

CARSON. I’m pretty sure this must be how Carson returns, he was cloned by Michael , or maybe the Carson we had wasn’t the original.

It's one thing to clone the body, but another to do a full memory tranferal/copy over...That is the only thing i see wrong with it being michael who did it..

That would have imo created a body, not the mind..

He died for a season, and then came back, and that worked well. It left open a few doors to resolve in other episodes, such as Orpheus, Chimera, and Threads.

The difference there, is that daniel's physical body died and his soul ascended with Oma's help... so technically he was not truely dead..

As mentioned above, the big problem there, is you are only copying the body, not the mind or memories etc..

IcyNeko
April 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
The tumor never really exploded. The cause of the explosions was Loki, the Asgard. He had been monitoring Atlantis for some time (in a cloaked Asgard Vessel), and saw Carson carrying the explosive tumor as the perfect opportunity to snag him.

Although Carson doesn't have the ATA Gene at the same levels as Colonel O'Neill, Thor never put the cypher preventing cloning in Beckett's DNA. Loki has taken it upon himself to bring back his fallen race, and during Atlantis S3.5-4.0 Carson has been helping him.

Being the Tau'ri's greatest doctor, and possessing the ATA gene, Carson has been very helpful. He hasn't contacted Atlantis because he's basically a prisoner.

That would be ever so cheap.

Quinn Mallory
April 13th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Carson accidentally stumbled into the Ancient device that let you ascend and he just happened to have ascended right before the tumor went off. Now this would be a bit cheap but somewhat plausable (particularly if they just claimed that Carson also picked up some knowledge about how to ascend when McKay passed on those info right at the end of the episode).

Jenner8675309
April 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Ok, not totally on-topic but most who frequent this thread will probably be interested:

The Save Carson Beckett Campaign is very pleased to announce a new message from Paul McGillion!!!

Head over to www.savecarsonbeckett.com to read!!!

Mitchell82
April 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Carson accidentally stumbled into the Ancient device that let you ascend and he just happened to have ascended right before the tumor went off. Now this would be a bit cheap but somewhat plausable (particularly if they just claimed that Carson also picked up some knowledge about how to ascend when McKay passed on those info right at the end of the episode).

I think ascension is likely but not plausible. More likely something to do with the DNA machine or Michael.

Why Carson? Why?
April 13th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I think ascension is likely but not plausible. More likely something to do with the DNA machine or Michael.

Yeah s much as ascension is possible its more than likely (IMO) Michael fohow quickly he has been able to adapt our technology with the wraiths amost as if he had some help? So may of only a clone or summthin when we saw him die.
IMHO

Caldwell's 2IC
April 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/snidely-whiplash.jpg

Please tell me there is someone in here who remembers the name of Bobby Ewing ???? For those who don't : http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/Bobby_ewing_dallas.jpg

Kids, met Bobby Ewing from "Dallas". Long before the Internet he died in the show, he had a moving funeral, his widow moved on, we fans cursed the producers and Patrick Duffy ( the guy who played Bobby ) and then A YEAR LATER Bobby came back !!! One fine day his widow just woke up and she found her beloved ( and very dead ) husband taking a shower !!! No explanation, no nothing. Did she dream all the stuff that happened since Bobby's "death" ??? Go figure...

TPTB have already pulled a "Spock" in bringing Dr. Beckett back. Are they pulling a "Bobby Ewing" as well ? Anyway :

WELCOME BACK DOCTOR CARSON

nowvoyager908
April 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/snidely-whiplash.jpg

Please tell me there is someone in here who remembers the name of Bobby Ewing ???? For those who don't : http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/Bobby_ewing_dallas.jpg

Kids, met Bobby Ewing from "Dallas". Long before the Internet he died in the show, he had a moving funeral, his widow moved on, we fans cursed the producers and Patrick Duffy ( the guy who played Bobby ) and then A YEAR LATER Bobby came back !!! One fine they his widow just woke up and she found her beloved ( and very dead ) husband taking a shower !!! No explanation, no nothing. Did she dream all the stuff that happened since Bobby's "death" ??? Go figure...

TPTB have already pulled a "Spock" in bringing Dr. Beckett back. Are they pulling a "Bobby Ewing" as well ? Anyway :

WELCOME BACK DOCTOR CARSON

I certainly do remember Bobby Ewing. That was one way to dream away an entire season. That must of been some pretty heavy stuff that poor Pam was smoking. Even Newhart got into the act . . . but that was due to bad sushi. LOL. Spock was regenerated on the Genesis planet and even Mulder was dead (and buried), but made an amazing comeback thanks to the paranormal. The possibilities are endless. Disbelief . . . prepare to be suspended.

Mitchell82
April 14th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah s much as ascension is possible its more than likely (IMO) Michael fohow quickly he has been able to adapt our technology with the wraiths amost as if he had some help? So may of only a clone or summthin when we saw him die.
IMHO

Agreed. I'd love it if it was related to Michael considering how heavy their "relationship" is.

Mitchell82
April 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I just thought of something. Could the first ep we see him in is Doppleganger? It could explain how he appears. For those who don't know a doppleganger is a evil twin so it could be an evil carson clone created by Michael. THoughts?

PhatChance
April 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I just thought of something. Could the first ep we see him in is Doppleganger? It could explain how he appears. For those who don't know a doppleganger is a evil twin so it could be an evil carson clone created by Michael. THoughts?

Seriously doubt it. His episodes are the back-half.
Doppelganger is airing way before that. I believe this was the first episode to finish shooting or the first in production to accommodate Cooper's involvement in SG-1 movies.

SaberBlade
April 15th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I would be seriously disappointed if SGA did a dream sequence. I know Dallas did it, and even Married with Children did it (as Katey Segal miscarried so her pregancy being worked into the show had to be undone) but it's not something I could see SGA doing.

To completely retcon the end of S3 and the first half of S4 would be a monumental waste of time if none of it happened just to return one character

Dromag67
April 15th, 2007, 11:48 PM
If they do a dream sequence for 3 whole episodes it would be utterly rediculous.

I hope hes back for good.

Caldwell's 2IC
April 16th, 2007, 10:02 AM
If they do a dream sequence for 3 whole episodes it would be utterly rediculous.

NEVER underestimate TPTB ! :D

garhkal
April 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Actually that should be
"Never underestimate tptb level of stupiidity..

PG15
April 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
That's "stupidity" there.

Ah, poetic justice, how I love thee.

Blower'sGate
April 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
NEVER underestimate TPTB ! :D

LOL! No they wouldn't dare, could they ? :D

chestnu1
April 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Here's my two cents since it seems that everyone else has put in there own. It is my belief that Beckett assended. I saw that little bit at the end of sunday and the first thing I thought was he must of assended. Here is how I back up this theory 1. Remember in merdian when alma told daniel the only choice you have is to be good or evil, becket was a clearly a good man. 2. An explosion the size of the one that killed him probably wouldn't have left a body behind remember the first explosion did do a fair bit of damage to the city. And they might of filled the coffin up with personal items they have of him. 3. maby the ancients that built that device long ago felt sorry for Beckett and helped him to assend. 4. By flesh and blood i believe that it was implied that Beckett would apear as a being and not as a machine or a hologram, the definition of flesh and blood in the stargate universe is really vague. 5. Its not like there is a rule book on who can assend. I just hope this isn't done in some lame way.

techjunkie
April 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Here's my two cents since it seems that everyone else has put in there own. It is my belief that Beckett assended. I saw that little bit at the end of sunday and the first thing I thought was he must of assended. Here is how I back up this theory 1. Remember in merdian when alma told daniel the only choice you have is to be good or evil, becket was a clearly a good man. 2. An explosion the size of the one that killed him probably wouldn't have left a body behind remember the first explosion did do a fair bit of damage to the city. And they might of filled the coffin up with personal items they have of him. 3. maby the ancients that built that device long ago felt sorry for Beckett and helped him to assend. 4. By flesh and blood i believe that it was implied that Beckett would apear as a being and not as a machine or a hologram, the definition of flesh and blood in the stargate universe is really vague. 5. Its not like there is a rule book on who can assend. I just hope this isn't done in some lame way.

Carson did not ascend.

Carson is not from an alternate Universe.

Carson returns in the only good way possible: He's a replicator.

Dance, like you mean it.

Tech Junkie

jenks
April 18th, 2007, 04:43 AM
^^ Has it been stated that Carson didn't ascend? I know they said that Weir won't, I wasn't sure about Carson...

Jersey13
April 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Q: Will it be Carson Beckett in the flesh, or in non-corporeal form?

A: When he returns for the two-parter, it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh. Late in season three, we discussed the manner in which the character had been written out and the possible ways in which he could be brought back. I threw out an idea that not only brought Carson back, but answered a very big question I had concerning a late-season arc. In order to lay the groundwork for his possible return, we threaded a subtle hint into one of the late season three episodes. So, if fans want to know how we plan on bringing the good doctor back from the dead, they should seek out the hidden clue when the back half of season three returns to SciFi this Friday, April 13th.

Q: Will it be “our” Carson Beckett or an alternate version?

A: Well, I don’t want to give too much away but I can say it won’t be an AU version of Carson - or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either.

Q: At the end of his Season 4 appearances, will he be alive? In other words, will the door be left open for more appearances?

A: Yes, that door will be left open.

This is directly taken from the SCB web site, from the entry with Joe M's interview. No, he is not time-traveling, no, he is not an AU version of Carson, and yes, it will be Carson "in-the-flesh". If you take that literally, it does not exclude the possibility that he did ascend and will be coming back in human form, but being that Joe hinted that his reappearance has something to do with one of the much later season 3 episodes, I personally doubt it. It is possible he could've been referring to "Tao of Rodney" and ascension, which is episode 15 and qualifies as "late season 3", but I think it's more likely he was referring to Michael's insideous plans in "Vengeance".

shelsfc
April 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Joe has said in the past that Carson did not ascend.
Although he has not said that it will be 'our' Carson. Just that it won't be a time travelling or AU Carson. I suppose that leaves it open for clone-Carson or repliCarson. :beckettanime14:

Commander Ivanova
April 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm going with repli-Carson. Remind me, did the Asurans mind-probe him? If so, they have his personality template on file. Over to Asgard cloning technology and bingo!

shelsfc
April 18th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I hope it won't be RepliCarson...look what happened with RepliCarter...she wasn't very nice!! :D

Barnzy
April 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM
i just want the original carson to return, no replicarson
:beckettanime09:

Jersey13
April 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I think the Repli-Carson idea is fairly intriguing, though. One of the things I really didn't like about "The Real World", not that it's Torri's fault, is that they didn't explain how Dr. Weir overcame the nanites. Wouldn't it have been a more complex and exciting story, not to mention more telling of her character this way, if she'd actually succumbed to them? What if Carson were somehow resurrected and subjugated by them, and then failed to overcome their influence? Not that I think it's going to be that way, but it would be really interesting to see how the character himself, not to mention the entire team, would deal with something like that.

Mitchell82
April 18th, 2007, 01:56 PM
i just want the original carson to return, no replicarson
:beckettanime09:

Agreed though I would love to see a darker carson.

Metonic
April 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM
hes a clone....
Gaurenteed.

This can't be that good for the show.. Kill a character off and make him stay dead unless there has already been a previous way stated that could brign him back... All other ways prevously stated can not happen. They didn't put him in a sarc, he didn't ascend, they said no to time travel and alt universes. the only thing left is cloning, and Humans arent good at that yet. If we are as good as the asgard then Beckett will be childless(alright lol yea i kno it takes more than one cloning session)... AND IT BETTER NOT BE HIS TWIN BROTHER!

I swear to god. I hated seeing beckett go, i hated even more to find out from Save Beckett campaigns(thanks for ruinin the suprise a day before i watched it) but.. He's gone. they cant really write him back in and maintain "Good Show" Status, unless they previously planned to have him return which they didn't so they didn't have any references in the series to anything that could save him that hasnt been ruled out. My guess is either he's there walking around and thye dont mention him dead, he's a clone, or He didn't really die, he was transported in another diminsion, and they find a ghost walking the halls. Other than that... theres no real way. And i doubt it will be a good way.

Jersey13
April 19th, 2007, 05:47 AM
I swear to god. I hated seeing beckett go, i hated even more to find out from Save Beckett campaigns(thanks for ruinin the suprise a day before i watched it) but.. He's gone. they cant really write him back in and maintain "Good Show" Status, [snip] Other than that... theres no real way. And i doubt it will be a good way.

There have always been spoiler warnings for this sort of stuff in the titles of all the threads, so it's not really fair to blame anyone else for spoiling it for you.

Yes, he's gone for now, you're welcome to have as many doubts as you like, and no one can fault you for having an opinion. But just because YOU can't think of a way to believably bring him back doesn't mean that it's not possible. Joe M went out of his way to let us know that he's coming back before the second half of season 3 even aired in the states, and he obviously did it in an attempt to restore our faith in them after disappointing us with this. If you really don't feel he should be brought back, there is a thread called "but we don't want him back" where negative criticism on this subject is welcomed and you'll find people in agreement with you.

Besides, what, praytell, defines a "good show" status anyway? There are lots of different opinions in that regard, and what makes SGA good for you doesn't necessarily make it good for me or anybody else here. Please try to keep that in mind before you go making such grand statements. Generalizations like that have started arguments before, and if anything can be said about GW, it's that people around here love to argue. :)

huntress
April 19th, 2007, 05:53 AM
I am suprised that you started a wonderful thread like that PG15 because your track record really isn't that great with passionate fans. Thank you :)

We are all very happy about and those three episodes are not the end of the story. Quite the contrary. We will now do everything we can do bring Carson back full time!

I really wonder how they will bring him back. I hope JM comes up with a good story.

For all those who who complain about being spoiled. There is a reason why threads like these have a spoiler warning. It is your own fault if you visit threads like these anyway.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM
hes a clone....
Gaurenteed.

This can't be that good for the show.. Kill a character off and make him stay dead unless there has already been a previous way stated that could brign him back... All other ways prevously stated can not happen. They didn't put him in a sarc, he didn't ascend, they said no to time travel and alt universes. the only thing left is cloning, and Humans arent good at that yet. If we are as good as the asgard then Beckett will be childless(alright lol yea i kno it takes more than one cloning session)... AND IT BETTER NOT BE HIS TWIN BROTHER!

I swear to god. I hated seeing beckett go, i hated even more to find out from Save Beckett campaigns(thanks for ruinin the suprise a day before i watched it) but.. He's gone. they cant really write him back in and maintain "Good Show" Status, unless they previously planned to have him return which they didn't so they didn't have any references in the series to anything that could save him that hasnt been ruled out. My guess is either he's there walking around and thye dont mention him dead, he's a clone, or He didn't really die, he was transported in another diminsion, and they find a ghost walking the halls. Other than that... theres no real way. And i doubt it will be a good way.
Quite the contrary IMO. Many including you and I hated seeing him go and pleaded to tptb to bring him back and they are. I don't think the quality of the show went downhill afterwords though I did muss him in the last eps. I am thrilled that he is coming back and truly belive they will do it well, but if they don't I will send JM a quite nasty letter.