This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doc Is In (Major Spoilers)

Geez, you have no idea how hard it was to come up with a title that was informative and not spoilery at the same time. But since we're in the thread now, let the spoiler run rampant....or should I say...let the Lion Run Rampant?

That's right folks, in case you haven't recieved the memo, The Save Beckett Campaign has scored a major victory! I'm hardly the proper spokesperson for this stuff, given my...track record for dealing with passionate fans (), so I'll let Jenner8675309, one of the organizers for the campaign, spell it out for you:

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS!

This just in:

In an very exciting announcement, the Save Carson Beckett Campaign is thrilled to announce the resurfacing of Dr. Carson Beckett, played by Paul McGillion, for a few episodes in the later half of season 4. In an exclusive interview to the Save Carson Beckett Campaign, show runner Joe Mallozzi held true to his word. You can see it ALL at:

www.savecarsonbeckett.com

But this is by no means the end everyone, we are still fighting for a full comeback in season 5, but we would like to say thank you to Joe for this news. And a BIG congrats to everyone of you supports, we couldn't have done it without you!!!
    Ah, but there is more than that fellow fans! Please do read the interview with Joe, as there are more things here than Carson's first return visit.

EDIT: Let me just outline some of the plot points Joe has revealed in the interview:

1. Carson's returning for a 2-parter in the second half of the season, with a potential 3rd in the works.

2. This Carson will NOT be from the past or future, NOR is he from an alternate universe. He will be flesh and blood, NOT an ascended being (thank goodness).

3. Carson could very well return in Season 5 (for part time, a few episodes, full time; we don't know yet), as "that door will be left open".

4. It was Joe who came up with the method by which Carson will return; this method, for Joe, "answered a very big question [he] had concerning a late-season arc", as such a hint for this method has been placed in the second half of Season 3. No, I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure the fans are already working on something.

5. Joe has this to say for Season 4:

Fans can look forward to some major developments and revelations regarding the wraith, the replicators, and our characters. Year four is going to be a little darker than past seasons as a lot of elements we have put in play since the premiere being to gel and pay off.
    Ok, I'm going to let my inner fanboy out a little bit; this is by no means what I've espoused in past, but...WOOO!!! SEASON 4 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

Ahem...I mean, I'll wait and see.
    Last edited by PG15; 09 April 2007, 09:17 PM.

I love that title....very nice!!!!

sigpic
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Thanks!

I've edited the post to include the more plot-focused parts of Joe's interview. This is going to be veeeeery interesting.

Comment

Indeed

And again, thanks for creating the thread!

sigpic
        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Ok, I'm going to let my inner fanboy out a little bit; this is by no means what I've espoused in past, but...WOOO!!! SEASON 4 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

Ahem...I mean, I'll wait and see.
          Don't I recall reading a post of yours saying how strongly you feel you should reserve judgement until later? You poser

Interesting news. A number of people will be very glad to hear it.

Comment

i just fell out of my sit...i so extremely happy that yhe doc is back in!!!!!!

Comment

Uber Uber happy for Paul and his fans

as for whether season 4 will be worth watching? I don't know..

there is still a lot of issues out there

But this is the first good thing i have heard about season 4 at all

now if we can just get Weir back proper...

there is a little hope...
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Cool It's nice to see him back. I guess this is the big news Joe mentioned in his blog (09/04/07)

I have no idea how Beckett could be brought back, off the top of my head, maybe he's a copy (a clone of sorts) Atlantis saved his "data" in some way, the season 3 spoiler being that
                Spoiler:
                the individual Asurans are contained within in collective and can be copied many times

P.S. I hope he comes back again in more episodes but not necessarily as Atlantis Doctor - that role was too limiting, he couldnt really get into the action very often. I'd like him to be sorta like Ford was in the first half of season 2 (except you know turning up more )
                sigpic

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping for Cylon!Beckett

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                    Cool It's nice to see him back. I guess this is the big news Joe mentioned in his blog (09/04/07)

I have no idea how Beckett could be brought back, off the top of my head, maybe he's a copy (a clone of sorts) Atlantis saved his "data" in some way, the season 3 spoiler being that
                    Spoiler:
                    the individual Asurans are contained within in collective and can be copied many times
                    Ah ha! The speculation has begun!

Spoiler:
                    He won't be an Asuran though, since Joe said he will be flesh and blood.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      Uber Uber happy for Paul and his fans

as for whether season 4 will be worth watching? I don't know..

there is still a lot of issues out there

But this is the first good thing i have heard about season 4 at all

now if we can just get Weir back proper...

there is a little hope...
                      100% agree with you here.

Ah I love Carson but it's not enough to keep me watching but I'm really happy for the Carson fans. YAY YOU.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

The big problem with him coming back as flesh and blood is that fact that they buried his corpse, so he'll need a new body

Possible Methods (and the season 3 episodes they came from)

Spoiler:
                        Echoes
                        His mind was saved by the psyhic whales! His body was destroyed but somehow he gets a new one and the whales transfer his mind into it

The Tao of Rodney
                        Ascened Rodney saw the future and saved him, or
                        Super Rodney built a device that saved Beckett but he forgot what it was when he lost his powers
                        maybe beckett ascened then descened later (my least favourite)

The Game
                        Beckett was sent to another planet instantly trough the sattlelite network (iffy)

The Ark
                        His body tought vapourised by the blast was actually transported but saved in the buffer, a emergency method used by Atlantis to protect its inhabitants. He is later reintegrated by accident

Vengeance
                        Michael using his advanced bio-engineering skills builds his own Beckett to get back at Atlantis

First Strike
                        The Asurans being saved in the collective is a hint that Beckett was "saved" by the city an a copy made later
                        sigpic

Comment

Those are cool speculations, but
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't quite get what you're talking about in The Ark. Beckett was never trapped in the device, was he?

Anyway, we'll be studying the clues for some time to come, I think!

Comment

^ But he could have been - all we saw was a bright flash from the "flames"

I know I'm grasping at straws lol

Personally I hope its the psyhic whalefish
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow...maybe it's just my computer, but the Save Beckett website is reaaally slow right now.

I wonder why that is...

Comment

Working...
                              X