PDA

View Full Version : Hermoid's Fate ("Unending" spoilers)

FallenAngelII
April 9th, 2007, 11:08 AM
In "Uneding", the Asgard decided to commit collective suicide.

However, Hermoid's supposedly serving on the Daedalus and no mention of him leaving was made in season 3.

So what do yo uthink happened with Hermoid? Did he return to the Asgard home planet to die or is he still alive and well on the Daedalus? If so, what's he going to do now?

SaberBlade
April 9th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I guess it would really depend on how the disease infected the Asgard. If the new Asgard bodies from season 7 are to blame, then chances are he'd have gotten a new body soon enough.

He first appeared in the equivilent of SG1's 9th season, and that amount of time from new bodies to first appearing is quite big. It's likely that he was infected or else the Asgard wouldn't have taken such drastic measures if there were others around uninfected, so they could use their old bodies to live on.

marty2006
April 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Nah he'll be gone im afraid, very sad seeing them go man

akren
April 9th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I would have to agree with SaberBlade's assessment & say that Hermiod - along with any other Asgard serving on any of Earth's Daedalus-class battlecruisers (the Odyessy, the Daedalus, the Appolo, etc) - would of been notified of the intended plan for mass suicide once it became clear the Asgard as a whole could not longer continue on as a species due to the continued genetic degridation & the debiltating suffering they would of endured at hands of this latest genetic anomaly.

Further, Thor himself said he had personally supervised the implimentation & final installation of the Asgard latest hyperdrive/shield/weapon modifications & the Asgard knowledge base/data core that was installed on the Odyessy during S10's Unending (Season 10, episode 20); indicating the Asgard knew for a whiles that this kind of thing (the end of their race) was comming/might happen (they make reference to this in the episode) & had prepared for it accordingly.

Personally, I don't think the Asgard High Council would of been that silly in NOT telling those Asgard serving on Earth's ships or in other galaxies (Ida, Pegasus, etc), etc. Considering how many Asgard we are led to believe were on the Odyessy during the installation of the new Asgard upgrades, it strikes me as odd that the other Asgard elsewhere in the Stargate Universe wouldn't have known about the plan for mass suicide, or the developments leaving up to such a tradjic & momentous event.

Even if some of the Asgard had not had their consciousnesses downloaded into newly constructed bodies which contained the genetic flaw(s) responsible for the disease which prompted them to commit mass suicide rather than continue to exist & suffer in pain, I highly doubt they would simply stand by whilst the rest of their race committed mass suicide; from what we know of the Asgard, they would of gone back to Orilla A.S.A.P. the news broke of their intentions/plan & would of joined them in commiting mass suicide. Even if this were not possible (say for example, Hermoid serving aboard the Daedalus in Pegasus), I sure they would find a way to commit suicide in order to be with the rest of the Asgard & join them in death & be at peace rather than continue to exist knowing their days were numbered & knowing they were literally the last of their kind.

monkey_man132
April 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hes dead.I mean he has to be, do you have any idea how awkward it would be if he just dropped dead on the Daedalus some random day while checking some random sensors.

God knows I love little Hermiod and his hilarious comments in backwards English but hes dead.He was a great fella till the end.

RIP Hermiod

FallenAngelII
April 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM
It's just too bad we haven't seen him in, like, forever! I mean, if he's dead (Jim), at least let him have a short appearance on, like, "Vengeance" before going >_>'.

Uncle Tobias
April 10th, 2007, 03:58 AM
His lack of presence in the back half of season 3 could be explained by Unending, actually, he was probably recalled to help prepare those upgrades, he could have been one of those aboard Oddessey for all we know.

When did we last see him, anyway? Mckay and Mrs Miller?

It stands to reason his presence on the Daedalus might have been in part to see first hand how we'd cope and act with thier technology, with Unending's upgrades in mind.

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 04:02 AM
It's just too bad we haven't seen him in, like, forever! I mean, if he's dead (Jim), at least let him have a short appearance on, like, "Vengeance" before going >_>'.

No! What's really miff worthy is

We didn't see Thor for many seasons and when we did eventually.....He died!

SierraGolf-OneNiner
April 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I too think that Hermiod is dead.

I was so happy to see Thor again. I was so mad at the writers but as I came to understand after a few days. We would never have gotten the Asgards Technology and never become the fifth race if they would still be alive. So I guess it's a good news bad news situation.

:mckayanime18:

That describes the writers in my opinion when they wrote this episode.

ussrelativity
April 10th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I really hope he isn't dead. My writing projects involve the character, and it would be thrown way off if he was to be killed off. I do have a work around, in case.

FallenAngelII
April 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM
We could just claim "Unending" was an AU-episode. If the PTB want the Asgard back later, they can always claim "Unending" and subsequent movies dealing with the death of the Asgard and their legacy were all AUs.

I mean, first the Asgard all die. Then we get all their technology (which means that we'll lose it all sometime soon lest the Asgard be too technologically primitive or their tech is too much beyond us for us to use it to battle the Wraith). Then there's the random shipping I'd been deathly afraid of ("Oh, let's give Daniel and Vala a 50 year relationship... and then reset!" - I knew something like that would happen! First I was afraid it would happen to Sam & Jack but then I kinda settled down when someone reminded me Jack wasn't in "Unending". And then it aired...).

So this totally screws the two shows up. I mean, we now have the Ancient database and the Asgard one. With the Asgard database (not just a database but all of their knowledge), everything is in English and they even have Hologram Asgard to guide them!

So the scales of balance have been tipped in our favor. The Wraith's days are numbered... probably the Asurans' too (just look at our nifty new energy weapons). Which means that the Odyssey will go Kablouie in the 1st or 2nd movie or something.

So "Unending" must be one colossal AU episode. That or they all Ascended with a little help from Shifu.

Caldwell's 2IC
April 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
In every dissaster movie, when earthlings manage to start World World III, or the zombies attack us, or we drop dead because we don't have this-or-that gene, or the oceans cover the planet, there's always a bunch of survivors that start anew. So I'd like to think Hermiod survived on the Daedalus and he'll find other survivors of the Asgard; they can live the remaining of their natural lives together on Earth. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/dcolcalot3.gif

SaberBlade
April 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM
We could just claim "Unending" was an AU-episode. If the PTB want the Asgard back later, they can always claim "Unending" and subsequent movies dealing with the death of the Asgard and their legacy were all AUs.

I mean, first the Asgard all die. Then we get all their technology (which means that we'll lose it all sometime soon lest the Asgard be too technologically primitive or their tech is too much beyond us for us to use it to battle the Wraith). Then there's the random shipping I'd been deathly afraid of ("Oh, let's give Daniel and Vala a 50 year relationship... and then reset!" - I knew something like that would happen! First I was afraid it would happen to Sam & Jack but then I kinda settled down when someone reminded me Jack wasn't in "Unending". And then it aired...).

So this totally screws the two shows up. I mean, we now have the Ancient database and the Asgard one. With the Asgard database (not just a database but all of their knowledge), everything is in English and they even have Hologram Asgard to guide them!

So the scales of balance have been tipped in our favor. The Wraith's days are numbered... probably the Asurans' too (just look at our nifty new energy weapons). Which means that the Odyssey will go Kablouie in the 1st or 2nd movie or something.

So "Unending" must be one colossal AU episode. That or they all Ascended with a little help from Shifu.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to pawn off 'Unending' as an AU, because they pretty much did the same with Moebius.

Now Jack just happens to be a crappy fisher and the episode started with an alternate timeline rather than the original timeline being changed into the current one.

If they've did it once before, they'd surely do it again.

Truskawka
April 10th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I'm afraid Hermiod is dead... these puppets are probably extremely expensive and Unending was really farewell to Asgard race in order to cut the costs in the future.

Col. Shadow Quinn
May 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hermiod's dead. plain and simple as that.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
May 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I have a weird feeling that the Daedalus also got the upgrades when they returned Hermoid. I kind of weird that only the Odyssey got the upgrades. Besides what happened to all those Asgard ships, were they all destroyed when the Asgard committed suicide.

monkey_man132
May 19th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I have a weird feeling that the Daedalus also got the upgrades when they returned Hermoid. I kind of weird that only the Odyssey got the upgrades. Besides what happened to all those Asgard ships, were they all destroyed when the Asgard committed suicide.Figures..TPTB let us get all of the Asgard's technology but not their nice fleet. I'll never understand. If they want us to be the Fifth Race and protect humanity and ensure peace in the galaxy, why not give us their ships? No! Its much better to have only 3 ships!

therealdb
May 19th, 2007, 11:57 PM
im almost 100% sure hes dead:

spoiler for "Be All My Sins Remember'd"

"On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station."

guna miss that guy :thoranime01:

StefanSGA
May 20th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I was just wondering what will happen with Hermiod (the Asgard on the Daedalus). In Sg1's finale we saw the Asgard die out as a race. What happened to Hermiod at that moment if he was just on board the Daedalus?
Could he be the lone Asgard survivor? It would be nice to still have that
arrogant but funny little bugger around, won't it? "Love those guys!"(O'Neill).

May 20th, 2007, 01:44 AM
quote from "BE ALL MY SINS REMEMBER'D, NEWS & SPOILERS"

The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth's battlecruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station.

so i think this means he died with the rest of them

StefanSGA
May 20th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Well, i seriously hope we'll get to see him one last time. I especially loved it when he was working with McKay on some EP (can't remember which one). McKay did all the work and Hermiod said: "your assistance on this project will be noted". :mckay:
It would be a dissappointment if we never get to see him again without an explanation. There are still people who didn't watch SG1 on this world so they'll need to be told a reason.

Linzi
May 20th, 2007, 02:16 AM

The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth's battlecruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station.

Agreed. Poor little guy :(

ACharmedAsgard
May 20th, 2007, 02:50 AM
im almost 100% sure hes dead:

spoiler for "Be All My Sins Remember'd"

"On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station."

guna miss that guy :thoranime01:
I agree, the statement makes it clear that Hermoid is no on the deadalus so I doubt he survived

Vala_M
May 20th, 2007, 06:43 AM
But how did he die if he was in a completely different galaxy? The disease wouldn't have spread to him, unless he goes home to the Asgard for a visit when the Daedalus returns to Earth.

Vala,

monkey_man132
May 20th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Yes, hes dead. Any other conversation in this thread would be irrelevant.

Wraith_Boy
May 20th, 2007, 07:21 AM
But how did he die if he was in a completely different galaxy? The disease wouldn't have spread to him, unless he goes home to the Asgard for a visit when the Daedalus returns to Earth.

Vala,

Who said he was in a different galaxy at the time?

Come the end of S3, Apollo was only in Pegasus, Daedalus was nowhere to be seen. It was obviously back inb the MW. From there it's only a short hop to IDA. Also the SGC has a ZPM, so could have sent him through that way. They could also have sent him back to Earth in 30 mins via the Mid-Way station.

He could have been gone from Daedalus for the past few months for all we know. However if the console is being retro-fitted by Carter, then he's obviously not around any longer, otherwise I think he'd take great exception to them screwing with his console. Never mind without him being there to supervise their modifications.

Mitchell82
May 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I was just wondering what will happen with Hermiod (the Asgard on the Daedalus). In Sg1's finale we saw the Asgard die out as a race. What happened to Hermiod at that moment if he was just on board the Daedalus?
Could he be the lone Asgard survivor? It would be nice to still have that
arrogant but funny little bugger around, won't it? "Love those guys!"(O'Neill).

Use spoiler tags! You just gave away a huge one!

Mitchell82
May 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Agreed.

StefanSGA
May 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Use spoiler tags! You just gave away a huge one!

I'm sorry about that, wooops! I'm still kinda new on this board and honestly don't know how to do that.. :confused:

parisindy
May 20th, 2007, 01:28 PM

oh gads!
are there going to be any characters left?

garhkal
May 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Well, i seriously hope we'll get to see him one last time. I especially loved it when he was working with McKay on some EP (can't remember which one). McKay did all the work and Hermiod said: "your assistance on this project will be noted". :mckay:

That would be Pegasus project, when he was doing the calculations for the nukes/

prion
May 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
oh gads!
are there going to be any characters left?

Actually, the source material said that Carter was wokring at the former Asgard terminal, but no name was given.

But I suspect we've seen the last of the Asgard.

monkey_man132
May 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
There is already a thread concerning this. Its agreed, he is dead.

Col. Shadow Quinn
May 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
He's dead like the rest of the Asgard.

rlr149
May 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
he's dead :thoranime01:

Figures..TPTB let us get all of the Asgard's technology but not their nice fleet. I'll never understand. If they want us to be the Fifth Race and protect humanity and ensure peace in the galaxy, why not give us their ships? No! Its much better to have only 3 ships!

i thought that too, but at the same time giving us a large fleet is a little overpowered, as thor said "not all of us believe it is the right thing to do"
so we get the tech but we still have to 'produce' said items, easing us into it instead of saying "heres the most powerful fleet in the MW, one careful elderly owner;) " i do realise we have matter replicaters now but even so we still have to make stuff instead of getting *does best darth sidious immpression* "ULTIMATE POWER", in a day.

i would love to have seen them open a "can of asgard whupass" on the ori. a fleet of oniell/belliskner class against ori motherships (blow the last eps budget on the CG/ think 'lost city pt2' but bigger:jack_new_anime07: )

could also say they lied about the 'suicide', uploaded their consiousness into the ships as the bodies were no longer a viable option, and went for a 'universal joyride'

i just want them back:danielanime08:

parisindy
May 20th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Actually, the source material said that Carter was wokring at the former Asgard terminal, but no name was given.

But I suspect we've seen the last of the Asgard.

well this is the first i've heard of it and well ... it kinda sucks

*wanders away muttering*

IcyNeko
May 21st, 2007, 09:39 AM

Vala,

The disease is not a contagion like a common cold. It's a genetic defect, kind of like Cancer or Down Syndrome.

Mitchell82
May 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry about that, wooops! I'm still kinda new on this board and honestly don't know how to do that.. :confused:

No biggie I've already seen it. To do tags though there is a button in the top right corner of the area you post in. It's a white box with a !. Just post in between what pops up.