This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pro Asuran Thread

Ok since there is a thread against these guys I made one for those of us who like them. I for one was skeptical at first but I really enjoy them as a enemy. Yes they are replicators but IMO only in the sense that they replicate and are made of nanites. They are completly different. The Asurans are basically Ancients bent on destruction of the Wraith and anyone whom stands in their way. I think they are a great enemy and can't wait to see more of them. I have only a few rules:
    1. This is a PRO thread only. No ANTI talk.
    2.No trashing of those who don't agree.
    3. Have Fun
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Thanks for creating this thread Mitchell82 - it gunna save a hole lot of Arguements.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I don't mind the Asurans personally, they are a nice contrast to the Wraith. Plus they have their own interesting background of being the 'angry children' of the Ancients just like what the Wraith do is simply to survive.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Asurans rock
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

I like the Asurans.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I like them

Yea you can say their replicators, and you cant. The only similarity is that their metal blocked put together...it ends there.

Replicators eat and eat and reproduce, 2 of Gods commandments funny enough

The asurans, as you said are angry children, some strive to be something more, some dont.

The two races are COMPLETLY different - its like saying the Jaffa are just ripped off humans (no comments please) simply because were both organic races.
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

i think the Asurans could become one of the best enemies in the stargate universe if they were just giving a tad more character and a couple of charismatic characters that reapper throughout the show, much like Michael and Ba'al. This would be easy to do as then they could be killed and still reappear as they are replicators!
              sigpic

Comment

^ That was my thinking too! I love the Asurans but feel they can sometimes lack that main figure that everyone recognises them by. I think Oberov(sp?) is starting to be that figure (I loved his part in
                Spoiler:
                first strike
                but could do with a little more development.

That said.....LONG LIVE THE ASURANS!!!!!
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                  ^ That was my thinking too! I love the Asurans but feel they can sometimes lack that main figure that everyone recognises them by. I think Oberov(sp?) is starting to be that figure (I loved his part in
                  Spoiler:
                  first strike
                  but could do with a little more development.

That said.....LONG LIVE THE ASURANS!!!!!
                  Agree. They need more development but so far I love them and can't wait to see more.

Comment

I like the Asurans. I agree about them needing to choose a figurehead and milk him, kind of like Replicarter...

Their resemblance to the Ancients is a very interesting component and it's cool the way they wish to be like their creators, but also sort of despise them.

The only problem I really had with the Asuran storyline so far was the way the REAL Ancients were glossed over in "The Return." I mean, that was an AMAZING discovery... real Ancients, who then came to take their city back over. It's really a shame that we didn't see more with them and that they were all just killed off-screen.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                      I like the Asurans. I agree about them needing to choose a figurehead and milk him, kind of like Replicarter...

Their resemblance to the Ancients is a very interesting component and it's cool the way they wish to be like their creators, but also sort of despise them.

The only problem I really had with the Asuran storyline so far was the way the REAL Ancients were glossed over in "The Return." I mean, that was an AMAZING discovery... real Ancients, who then came to take their city back over. It's really a shame that we didn't see more with them and that they were all just killed off-screen.
                      I agree. I was a little disapointed in how fast the Ancients were killed off though it was essential to the storyline and I quite liked how it went from there. Still I hope we find a living Ancient somewhere.

Comment

^ Agreed! I thought the Return's could have been a three parter!
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                          ^ Agreed! I thought the Return's could have been a three parter!
                          Indeed it could have. Mabey we'll find another ancient ship out there with more alive ancients. Just don't let mckay near it or he'll blow it up.

Comment

^ lol, just send it back to earth! I dont trust any of those Atlantis people with ancient tech. They have a nastly little habit of destroying anything ancient, apart from the city itself! lol
                            Spoiler:
                            well, actually, they did that once too didnt they!, lol
                            Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 10 April 2007, 02:29 AM.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

Asurans should only show themself once maybe twice every session. We shouldn't kill them off

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X