PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Asuran Thread

Mitchell82
April 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Ok since there is a thread against these guys I made one for those of us who like them. I for one was skeptical at first but I really enjoy them as a enemy. Yes they are replicators but IMO only in the sense that they replicate and are made of nanites. They are completly different. The Asurans are basically Ancients bent on destruction of the Wraith and anyone whom stands in their way. I think they are a great enemy and can't wait to see more of them. I have only a few rules:
1. This is a PRO thread only. No ANTI talk.
2.No trashing of those who don't agree.
3. Have Fun;) :D

ACharmedAsgard
April 9th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Thanks for creating this thread Mitchell82 - it gunna save a hole lot of Arguements. :)

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM
I don't mind the Asurans personally, they are a nice contrast to the Wraith. Plus they have their own interesting background of being the 'angry children' of the Ancients just like what the Wraith do is simply to survive.

Promethius30
April 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
The Asurans rock

VSHARMA
April 9th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I like the Asurans.

Blitz
April 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I like them

Yea you can say their replicators, and you cant. The only similarity is that their metal blocked put together...it ends there.

Replicators eat and eat and reproduce, 2 of Gods commandments funny enough :P

The asurans, as you said are angry children, some strive to be something more, some dont.

The two races are COMPLETLY different - its like saying the Jaffa are just ripped off humans (no comments please) simply because were both organic races.

Caesar
April 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
i think the Asurans could become one of the best enemies in the stargate universe if they were just giving a tad more character and a couple of charismatic characters that reapper throughout the show, much like Michael and Ba'al. This would be easy to do as then they could be killed and still reappear as they are replicators!

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
^ That was my thinking too! I love the Asurans but feel they can sometimes lack that main figure that everyone recognises them by. I think Oberov(sp?) is starting to be that figure (I loved his part in first strikebut could do with a little more development.

That said.....LONG LIVE THE ASURANS!!!!!

Mitchell82
April 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
^ That was my thinking too! I love the Asurans but feel they can sometimes lack that main figure that everyone recognises them by. I think Oberov(sp?) is starting to be that figure (I loved his part in first strikebut could do with a little more development.

That said.....LONG LIVE THE ASURANS!!!!!

Agree. They need more development but so far I love them and can't wait to see more.

KindlyKeller
April 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I like the Asurans. I agree about them needing to choose a figurehead and milk him, kind of like Replicarter...

Their resemblance to the Ancients is a very interesting component and it's cool the way they wish to be like their creators, but also sort of despise them.

The only problem I really had with the Asuran storyline so far was the way the REAL Ancients were glossed over in "The Return." I mean, that was an AMAZING discovery... real Ancients, who then came to take their city back over. It's really a shame that we didn't see more with them and that they were all just killed off-screen.

Mitchell82
April 9th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I like the Asurans. I agree about them needing to choose a figurehead and milk him, kind of like Replicarter...

Their resemblance to the Ancients is a very interesting component and it's cool the way they wish to be like their creators, but also sort of despise them.

The only problem I really had with the Asuran storyline so far was the way the REAL Ancients were glossed over in "The Return." I mean, that was an AMAZING discovery... real Ancients, who then came to take their city back over. It's really a shame that we didn't see more with them and that they were all just killed off-screen.

I agree. I was a little disapointed in how fast the Ancients were killed off though it was essential to the storyline and I quite liked how it went from there. Still I hope we find a living Ancient somewhere.

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
^ Agreed! I thought the Return's could have been a three parter!

Mitchell82
April 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
^ Agreed! I thought the Return's could have been a three parter!

Indeed it could have. Mabey we'll find another ancient ship out there with more alive ancients. Just don't let mckay near it or he'll blow it up.

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 9th, 2007, 07:54 PM
^ lol, just send it back to earth! I dont trust any of those Atlantis people with ancient tech. They have a nastly little habit of destroying anything ancient, apart from the city itself! lol well, actually, they did that once too didnt they!, lol

VSHARMA
April 9th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Asurans should only show themself once maybe twice every session. We shouldn't kill them off

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 05:43 PM
^ lol, just send it back to earth! I dont trust any of those Atlantis people with ancient tech. They have a nastly little habit of destroying anything ancient, apart from the city itself! lol well, actually, they did that once too didnt they!, lol

Yeah exactly. Though Carter won't let Mckay screw up (too much).;)

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
After just watching First Strike again, I really want to see more development on the Asurans. SO far they seem to be a great enemy and hav lots of potential.

Lady Bastet
April 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Developing Oberoth as a character is a must…

I also want Niam back, specifically I want him to be leaning towards his old (pre-reset) ways or failing that another Asuran who shares his vision of ascension.

The Asurans have great potential

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 30th, 2007, 03:07 AM
^ Indeed! It was so good seeing him again in First Strike . And I really wasn't expecting it!

He's the one thing tptb need to keep developing, a figurehead, and then the Asurans are set! An amazing enemy.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 30th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I can't remember what the reply was but I did post a question on JM's blog on whether we will see Niam and those Asurans who want Ascension.

Its an interesting thing with the subspace replicator link as it essentially allows them to recycle characters again and again if they want. So all those Asurans who we have seen and have been killed could come back easily.

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 12:25 AM
^ Indeed! It was so good seeing him again in First Strike . And I really wasn't expecting it!

He's the one thing tptb need to keep developing, a figurehead, and then the Asurans are set! An amazing enemy.

Agreed, it threw me for a loop when I saw him in that ep and I agree he needs to be one of the main bad guys to be developed.

Sauron18
May 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
I really hope we see a lot more of the Asurans in season 4, and more specifically about their nature......

How are they born?

How are they reborn?

How do they make stuff from scratch? (Something like Reese perhaps)

How many biological-things can they do? (eat, sleep, sex, etc...)

There's a lot of interesting questions.....and I'm glad we'll be seeing their Warships soon. :cameron:

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
I really hope we see a lot more of the Asurans in season 4, and more specifically about their nature......

How are they born?

How are they reborn?

How do they make stuff from scratch? (Something like Reese perhaps)

How many biological-things can they do? (eat, sleep, sex, etc...)

There's a lot of interesting questions.....and I'm glad we'll be seeing their Warships soon. :cameron:

Same here but lets hope if we steal one of their ships we don't destroy it in five minutes.