• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom (622)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SIX
    PHANTOM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 622

When he discovers Lionel's manipulation of Lana, Clark goes after his pseudo-father figure -- only to be stopped by the Martian Manhunter. Lana makes a fateful decision to leave Lex, and Lois gets more than she bargained for while investigating Lex's secret project. Clark faces the last wraith from the Phantom Zone, but learns it is unlike anything he has ever faced.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 02:59 PM.

The official threads don't seem to get opened for a while, so here's a thread to discuss tonight's finale! This one can be merged or closed when that happens.

The ending was awesome, but I was disappointed because
    Spoiler:
    we didn't find out definitively who died.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 17 May 2007, 06:33 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I agree, would have been better to figure out, who will be around next season. But after this episode, it is official there is no going back to the comic book

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
        I agree, would have been better to figure out, who will be around next season. But after this episode, it is official there is no going back to the comic book

How's that?
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

OK, now that Supernatural is over, I can focus on putting down some thoughts on this episode. First I want to say....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I am ticked off!

Spoiler:
          Reasons:

1) Lana didn't die. At least I'm pretty sure. I'm fairly sure that we will find out that she somehow faked her death through that truck that so conviently happened by.
          2) Lionel being on the good side. OK. I'm really just not happy with Lionel being a good guy after everything he's done. The retcon of Jor-El ticked me off, but this does even more so.
          3) Chloe's power..... All the spoilers pointed to healing tears, but I so hoped it wouldn't turn out to be true. She better not be dead!
          4) The non-resolution of the fake-baby storyline. I was holding onto faint hope that somehow this arc would be something other than a pathetic attempt by Lex to get Lana to marry him (and can we count the ways that doesn't make sense?). No such luck.

The ONLY good thing about this episode was Bizarro Clark. TW is awesome when he gets to go evil.
          *sigh* I don't know if I can do another season of this.
          - Life after Stargate -
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

It is honestly difficult to put in words.
              But "Phantom" was definitely a roller coaster ride, like the past Season Finale's. It hit hard, and even more deeper.
              Definitely felt a storm coming, the direction was great, and the story was just insane.

Curious what could happen in the next season. September.. darn.
              I'll wait till more posts come in, then I'll share.

Comment

I've just asked in the "Ask Mods" section for the official thread to be made available.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I am ticked off!

Reasons:

1) Lana didn't die. At least I'm pretty sure. I'm fairly sure that we will find out that she somehow faked her death through that truck that so conviently happened by.
                  I'm pretty sure she didn't die either. That truck was way too convenient. She's not dead.

I'm guessing it's going to be Chloe. It's a toss up between her and Lionel, but I'm betting it's going to be her because her character has basically run its course this season even though her friendship with Clark is one of my favorite aspects of the show.

4) The non-resolution of the fake-baby storyline. I was holding onto faint hope that somehow this arc would be something other than a pathetic attempt by Lex to get Lana to marry him (and can we count the ways that doesn't make sense?). No such luck.
                  I never really cared for that storyline either, but I found it amusing. Obviously I'm not a fan of Lana.

The ONLY good thing about this episode was Bizarro Clark. TW is awesome when he gets to go evil.
                  Yeah, I can't wait for next season. Though him using the term "bizzaro" to describe himself was odd. Not exactly the word I'd have use at the time.
                  Last edited by LoneStar1836; 18 May 2007, 09:20 AM.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure she didn't die either. That truck was way too convenient. She's not dead.
                    I'm guessing it's going to be Chloe. It's a toss up between her and Lionel, but I'm betting it's going to be her because her character has basically run its course this season even though her friendship with Clark is one of my favorite aspects of the show.
                    Maybe. I'm not sure it's going to be anyone, really. I was hoping it was Lana, but the way that scene played, I'm pretty sure she's alive, and has somehow framed Lex for her murder.

I never really cared for that storyline either, but I found it amusing. Obviously I'm not a fan of Lana.
                    Oh I'm so not a Lana fan. I didn't find it amusing at all - I wish I could have. Maybe it would help if I could somehow talk myself into seeing this show as a comedy.

Yeah, I can't wait for next season. This show better get renewed.
                    The show is renewed - it's official, so have no fears on that. I'm fairly sure I won't be watching though. I'm less irritated today than I was last night, but even before the final, I said probably the only way I would keep watching was if Lana was killed off. All the teen soap opera elements of this show that I hate revolve around her, and I really don't see the point of keeping on going with a show that irritates me so badly, even if the star is super-gorgeous.

Oddly, I feel better after making that decision! *grin*
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

well, technically, Lois did in fact "die"-they promised someone would die-they never mentioned resurrection though. And seriously-Lana couldn't actually die-I mean-didn't she go on to marry Pete Ross?

Okay-that was a little too tongue firmly implanted in cheek-but Lois was in fact "dead"-but then we learned Chloe's secret skill in that scene.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Oh I'm so not a Lana fan. I didn't find it amusing at all - I wish I could have. Maybe it would help if I could somehow talk myself into seeing this show as a comedy.
                        Well I didn't mean "amusing" as in "funny, ha ha", but amusing in that she got what she deserved.

The show is renewed - it's official, so have no fears on that. I'm fairly sure I won't be watching though. I'm less irritated today than I was last night, but even before the final, I said probably the only way I would keep watching was if Lana was killed off. All the teen soap opera elements of this show that I hate revolve around her, and I really don't see the point of keeping on going with a show that irritates me so badly, even if the star is super-gorgeous.

Oddly, I feel better after making that decision! *grin*
                        Thanks. When I clicked back to the forum I saw the thread about its renewal.

I've never been a consistent fan of Smallville. Season 6 is the first season that I have actually watched all the episodes when they first aired. I watched a little of S5 but had to catch up with repeats. Same goes for many of the other seasons, but I thought this season was pretty descent. Yeah ya have to suffer through the Lana bleh but that's been going on since day one.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                          well, technically, Lois did in fact "die"-they promised someone would die-they never mentioned resurrection though. And seriously-Lana couldn't actually die-I mean-didn't she go on to marry Pete Ross?

Okay-that was a little too tongue firmly implanted in cheek-but Lois was in fact "dead"-but then we learned Chloe's secret skill in that scene.
                          I considered that...that they could be screwing with us and claim that that was the promised "death". A cop-out imo, but hey if it spares Chloe then I can live with it.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            I've never been a consistent fan of Smallville. Season 6 is the first season that I have actually watched all the episodes when they first aired. I watched a little of S5 but had to catch up with repeats. Same goes for many of the other seasons, but I thought this season was pretty descent. Yeah ya have to suffer through the Lana bleh but that's been going on since day one.
                            Yes indeed it has. And the final straw has just snapped. Actually, I quit watching Smallville at the end of Season 3. A friend talked me into coming back for Season 6, and I enjoyed the first part of the season. But the second part has been all about the Clana all over again. As I posted somewhere else, it's like the Song That Never Ends. Endless circling, and absolutely no progress. Grrrr. Totally frustrated.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

So...

Ticked off.

Reasons

Spoiler:
                              1. Bizarro. Way to convienant to end a season but he was kicking ass so yeah...
                              2. Lana possibly didnt die. I was hoping she would.
                              3. No resolution to the whole 'fake baby' thing'.
                              4. Chloe dead

I wont say how I got to watch the season 6 finale before more people in britain
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X