This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What channel do you want SGU to air on?

Since we all can read the writing on the wall that scifi seems to want nothing to do with the SG franchise any more, what channel do you think would be best for the PTB to take the third series (and potentially future seasons of SGA) to? If a mod could make this a poll that would be great.

FX
    Spike
    Showtime
    HBO
    Stick with Scifi
    Other

Personally, I would go to FX since they seem to like to have shows that are a bit more edgy and gritty and I think that is something the SG franchise has been missing.

Perfecto!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    Since we all can read the writing on the wall that scifi seems to want nothing to do with the SG franchise any more, what channel do you think would be best for the PTB to take the third series (and potentially future seasons of SGA) to? If a mod could make this a poll that would be great.

FX
    Spike
    Showtime
    HBO
    Stick with Scifi
    Other

Personally, I would go to FX since they seem to like to have shows that are a bit more edgy and gritty and I think that is something the SG franchise has been missing.

Preferably, one that the most Stargate viewers can watch. Sadly, that is beginning to look more and more like the Internet. I honestly think that the producers of Sanctuary have the right idea and Internet television is the wave of the future. Any one network only access is bound to frustrate a lot of people.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Well im in britain man and the cable company that aired skyone cancelled it luckily i had sky and still managed to see it however id like it to be shown on another channel so all can see it

Comment

Not HBO or Showtime because I don't want to pay to see SGU or SGA but I think just on Sci-Fi (still angry at them) or maybe FX or some other channle but not spike maybe Toon Disney
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I think that it should be on space, but i'm welcomeing the idea of other channels airing it,,, ( Whats SGU stand for? )
          sigpic LONG LIVE SG1!

Comment

Originally posted by Srg Siler View Post
            I think that it should be on space, but i'm welcomeing the idea of other channels airing it,,, ( Whats SGU stand for? )
            StarGate Universe
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              StarGate Universe
              Thanks
              sigpic LONG LIVE SG1!

Comment

Discovery Channel
                Science Channel
                Pentagon Channel(There actually is such a channel)
                FX
                Scifi
                Spike
                TLC
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I think discovery would be a good channel for it to air on.
                  sigpic LONG LIVE SG1!

Comment

Any channel that doesn't air wrestling.
                    "It's a blast door"

Comment

Well since I'm in Canada and don't get half those channels, I'd be happy to see it on SPACE (though Atlantis is a season behind there ) or something like CityTV/FOX/CH so I'd actually be able to watch it.

It was so nice in the good old days when I could watch the new SG-1 on normal cabletv .

Comment

as long as its not on scifi channel, put it on like skyone. coz scifi is screwing us! they are pissing us off too much!

Comment

Air it consecutively on SkyOne and Space, and I'll be happy. Europeans can watch it, and everyone else can too..just as long as the space between their airings isnt a month. maybe a week between them or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post

FX
                            Spike
                            Showtime
                            HBO
                            Stick with Scifi
                            Other

Not Showtime, because its obscurity would trim the fanbase (though SG-1 was handled pretty well with them).

Spike is a garbage network, that won't be around in 10 years.

HBO would can it in 3 eps since Stargate would never generate the type of ratings they aim for.

Out of those, FX hands down, but I'd personally go with USA. Monk and Psych have been treated very well, with great promotion, and such. Also, running against those 2 shows can't help SG's ratings, so if they were on the same team,. we might see a boost.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                              Preferably, one that the most Stargate viewers can watch. Sadly, that is beginning to look more and more like the Internet. I honestly think that the producers of Sanctuary have the right idea and Internet television is the wave of the future. Any one network only access is bound to frustrate a lot of people.
                              I totally agree with the whole being bound to only one network thing & am eager to see STARGATE aired on the internet in future (& not just on iTunes or rips/torrents! ); although if I had to see it on a network (either cable/pay TV or free-to-air TV), I would want a channel that gives SGU & the entire STARGATE franchise more exposure & one that will be loyal to the show & treat it the way it, the franchise & the fans whom watch it, with respect & dignity.

Whilst I subscribe to Sci-Fi Channel (Australia) - way better than the U.S. version if you ask me! - I don't think IMVHO that Sci-Fi (US) honestly deserves continue it's association with the franchise after the way they axed SG-1 & the way they have seemgingly treated fans, the show & all involved in the past. They seem to have made it clear that they are interested in ratings/$$$ only, & to me @ least, good qaulity programming & having interesting shows, etc is more important than making money or scrounging on a show simply becuase it has ran to long (look @ The Simpsons & The Bold & the Beautiful for crying out loud! ); even if I can understand the $$$ side of it & appreciate their reasonings for Sci-Fi doing what they did - even if I totally disagree & severely dislike it!

If Sci-Fi (U.S.) DOES end up having the contract for SGU or any future releases of the franchise, I would hope that TPTB consider all their options carefully & give full weight to all options, ideas & avenues & make damn sure that Sci-Fi doesn't screw them, & by extention, the actors/producers, etc (& us!) BEFORE they sign anything & make sure Sci-Fi can garantee them that they will not axe the show for untoward or seemingly 'silly' reasons.

STARGATE : The Movie, SG-1, SGA, the up-comming SGU, the direct-to-DVD movies & the entire franchise has shown it not only has staying power, but also has pull, appeal & racks in BIG $$$ & other oppertunties, etc; & I for one will support STARGATE as a whole as long as te franchise continues to be in existence & offer up the kind of magic, fun, etc we have come to except & love about our favourite franchise/show.

Comment

Working...
                              X