PDA

View Full Version : The Anti Asuran Thread

marty2006
April 8th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replicators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.

Just thought id get this out there seeing as i forgot to put it in the title,

1) This thread is for complaints only no pro asurans please.
2) No pro asurans to keep the trash talk away, thanks :)

prion
April 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replecators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.

The Asurans are replicators (sorry, they are, to those that scream NO! but if the writers and producers call 'em that, if anti-replicator guns dismantle them, they're replicators). They ARE boring villians, inasmuch as the Ori are as well. There's no passion with these villians, which makes them dull. No, please get back to the wraith.

I'm tired of SG1 villiains/plots being dumped on SGA.

marty2006
April 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM
The Asurans are replicators (sorry, they are, to those that scream NO! but if the writers and producers call 'em that, if anti-replicator guns dismantle them, they're replicators). They ARE boring villians, inasmuch as the Ori are as well. There's no passion with these villians, which makes them dull. No, please get back to the wraith.

I totally agree man

ACharmedAsgard
April 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I think TPTB used the Asurans as an explanation to how the Replicators in the MW came to be. If you are gunna make a race of being that are exactly like the Ancients but they are evil - you may have well had another version of the Ori except without the Religious element

marty2006
April 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
The origins of the replicators could have been explained in one episode dude instead of having an entire enemy made out of them in the pegasus i mean they have already been dealt with, the enemy didnt have to be as powerful as the ancients i mean it doesnt take alot of advancement to be more powerful than us pre-unending even still its not like we will utilise all the asgard tech for a really loong timeso it could have simply been a less advanced enemy yet much more powerful than us.

ACharmedAsgard
April 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
The origins of the replicators could have been explained in one episode dude instead of having an entire enemy made out of them in the pegasus i mean they have already been dealt with, the enemy didnt have to be as powerful as the ancients i mean it doesnt take alot of advancement to be more powerful than us pre-unending even still its not like we will utilise all the asgard tech for a really loong timeso it could have simply been a less advanced enemy yet much more powerful than us.
I agree.

The Asurans could of been actual Ancients that had left the Alteran civilisation rather then replicators. That would give it more of the shock factor IMO

A_WRAITH_CALLED_BOB
April 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
but you have to think now

season 10 of sg1 and season 3 of atlantis are basically runnin along the same time line

now with one ship with asgard tech onboard at the end of season 10 of sg1 they can basically do a whole lot of upgrades on all ships and with carters brain

and rodneys too
they can basically do what they like

now i want to see alot more of the wraith in season 4
i mean it took a few seasons for the goauld to be defeated they writers never 4got them
get rid of silly villains like the dull asurans.

just one idea though
i do hope the crew onboard they new ship get suckd into a wormhole to ori space
and they win the day but lose the ship
that ship is too powerful
they either keep the database but lose the ship in my opinion

Iambob
April 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Through out the whole entire time from when the replicators were intraduced to when we found out the ancients knew about them to when they were destroyed, people were wondering where they came from. and for years people asked questions, and now that people know and they are an enemy again in their "true form" people wont stop complaining! im sick of that. To me the wraith wouldnt have been good as an enemy for a long amount of time without a new enemy being intraduced. I mean, the writers gave us a few one episode enemies but nothing long term, and thats why its annoying that now that theres a new enemy that could prolong the length of time the wraith are around that people wont stop complaining. ITS ANNOYING PLEASE STOP.

ACharmedAsgard
April 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Through out the whole entire time from when the replicators were intraduced to when we found out the ancients knew about them to when they were destroyed, people were wondering where they came from. and for years people asked questions, and now that people know and they are an enemy again in their "true form" people wont stop complaining! im sick of that. To me the wraith wouldnt have been good as an enemy for a long amount of time without a new enemy being intraduced. I mean, the writers gave us a few one episode enemies but nothing long term, and thats why its annoying that now that theres a new enemy that could prolong the length of time the wraith are around that people wont stop complaining. ITS ANNOYING PLEASE STOP.
I see where your coming from but I think if you want to people to stop then you should post a 'Pro Asuran Thread' for people who are pro Asurans. This thread - although granted it is not stated - is for people who are Anti Asurans and so your post doesn't really belong here

Sorry I don't want to sound horrible but the MODs are very strict when it comes to being On Topic

ashman2
April 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
When I heard about the Asurans I too was really disappointed that they were Replicators. To have them as an offshoot of the Ancients would have been awesome. I hate replicators, I just don't like them.

Killdeer
April 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I don't like the Asurans either - IMO they're more boring than the Ori. If they keep them as a background enemy it might not be so bad, but as a main enemy....Sorry, just really not excited about that idea. I think the Wraith are much more interesting.

therealdb
April 8th, 2007, 12:07 PM
a little off topic maybe, but if the replicators in sg1 were only little bugs, and only evolved to be human form after they sped up the time dilation field the Asgard put there, then why or how did they become so de-volved from the asurans? and not only that, but there is an ep thats quite early in from the start, where they find a robot of a girl from and advanced planet, and it describes how she creates replicators. she is no a replicator, but she can make them as her "toys". its hard to explain, watch the episode to get more of an idea of what im talking about :)

Heaven
April 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'm in complete agreement.

the Asurans have to be the most ridiculous enemy ever, they have no purpose no spirit and no potential.
even the old block replicators were more interesting, I mean at least they had a purpose.
but the most boring thing about the Asurans is they have the same technology appearance and culture as the Lantians.

so after three seasons we still have a galaxy with only three types of technology (Lantian/Wraith/Tauri) and only three types of cultures (Lantian/Wraith/Medieval village).

I have to admit in the first season I was very intrigued about that mysterious nanovirus race, but not in a million years did I expect it to turn out so badly.

marty2006
April 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Totally, quick elimination of the asurans is required. :p

VSHARMA
April 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replicators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.

I don't want to see the Asurans totally gone, but would like to see much much less of them. Maybe once every session. (Or none for one session)

It's good that we now know the Origin of the Replicators in the MW but it would be nice to know who built the Android Reese once and for all.

More Wraith please. And one Asgard ship in the PG anytime soon would be Nice

Xanderic
April 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
OMG. FINALLY!

The Asurans are annoying. I have to agree with everything that has been already said in this thread. They're pointless and they're replicators. Seriously, couldn't tptb have thought of something better?

We already know how the replicators came to be in the MW... that android reese girl made them as "toys".... of course... they were bugs at first and humans later... like apes turning to humans... but the ancients made the asurans in their image so of course the asurans were never 'buggie' like.

While Progeny was a good episode more or less, the only reason i thought the asurans were for was to fix the stardrive and zpms.... else they wouldn't be able to fly off.

I wish we could steal as much tech from them and then wipe them out.

Ouroboros
April 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Sign me up for the hate brigade.

The Asurans are a rehash so pathetic and obvious that even the people writing the show gave up and started calling them replicators in the scripts. Furthermore they're a rehash of the replicators at their worst possible point, the whole stupid "human form" arc that never did anything consistantly other than suck ass. It doesn't end there though. They're also partial rip-offs of the ancients so we've basically got two rehashes running at once here combined with set recycling.

Most importantly though they're just B-O-R-I-N-G. I mean what's their motive, "we want to kill you because you are living in the ancient city that we suddenly decided to start hating today after it's been there for 10,000 years and we either never noticed or cared.". Is that it? That seems to be it as far as I can tell. "Oh we hate the ancients, but since the ancients are all dead, we're just going to have to smash their old abandoned **** to make ourselves feel better instead". I'm tempted to say that these guys were thought up in a weekend, but since they were apparently intended to be the main enemies of Atlantis all along, I guess we can at least be thankful that we mostly dodged a really big bullet here.

ToasterOnFire
April 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I'm going to echo those that view the Asurans with the same amount of distaste as the Ori. Both are emotionless and homogeneous, which ends up making them quite dull as villains. While I have had my misgivings with the wraith, at least they've shown more emotion and individuality to interest the viewer, especially with characters like Michael and the wraith from Common Ground.

I get the sense that TPTB are jumping from villain to villain without spending enough time developing them. There's a huge untapped potential in the unknowns of the wraith culture but now the new big bad are the Asurans. Aren't we getting a new villain next season as well?

Killdeer
April 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Sign me up for the hate brigade.

The Asurans are a rehash so pathetic and obvious that even the people writing the show gave up and started calling them replicators in the scripts. Furthermore they're a rehash of the replicators at their worst possible point, the whole stupid "human form" arc that never did anything consistantly other than suck ass. It doesn't end there though. They're also partial rip-offs of the ancients so we've basically got two rehashes running at once here combined with set recycling.

Most importantly though they're just B-O-R-I-N-G. I mean what's their motive, "we want to kill you because you are living in the ancient city that we suddenly decided to start hating today after it's been there for 10,000 years and we either never noticed or cared.". Is that it? That seems to be it as far as I can tell. "Oh we hate the ancients, but since the ancients are all dead, we're just going to have to smash their old abandoned **** to make ourselves feel better instead". I'm tempted to say that these guys were thought up in a weekend, but since they were apparently intended to be the main enemies of Atlantis all along, I guess we can at least be thankful that we mostly dodged a really big bullet here.

*Laughing* WORD. I hated the human-form replicators in SG-1 too. The bug form was interesting as a back-up enemy to the Goa'uld main enemy, but the whole sentient machines wanting to kill off the humans thing has been done and done and done.... Terminator comes to mind, as well as probably dozens of other movies. It's being done better right now on BSG. So yeah, more focus on the Asurans is a bad bad idea as far as I'm concerned.

ACharmedAsgard
April 9th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Totally, quick elimination of the asurans is required. :p
I have to disagree here - sorry Marty

For the sake of a good series I feel the Asurans definately have to go - just at a logical pace - not too fast to be be unbelievable.

They should be taken away bit by bit

Steven_the_Atlantean
April 9th, 2007, 04:39 AM
The Asurans did make a difference to Atlantis but then again we haven’t really seen how powerful they are, (the wraith, 10 hive ships firing on the city’s shield will deplete it within days, the Asurans beam will deplete the shield within hours [I would of thought they would of launched an all attack after assuming it contains 3 full ZPM (and block it from flying away), or finding a weakness against the shield that would deplete it with in minutes). They are a powerful enemy after all they have intelligence that are capable of building satellites, shield, ships, power sources...etc but I am sick and tired of the fact that they always loose, they should have been smart enough in Return 1 to dial the gate to their home world and sent the Ancient database over (with the ZPMS powering the gate they are able to establish a wormhole as long as they need, just a precaution). What the hell is wrong with them, they already have a version of Atlantis, all they are missing is its actual database, after all there’s is in a better condition then Atlantis itself (after the earthlings war with the wraith in “the siege 2,3 and in return part 2 with the Asurans ( drones firing, hitting the buildings)” damaged some buildings, not much drones, flooded sections, missing 2 ZPM’s) ,(so rusted, water may damaged some technology..Etc) and (all systems in Atlantis are not operational (THATS BEFORE WE DESTROYED THERE CITY, IM ASSUMING THEY BUILD ANOTHER ONE (AS WEIR STATED) BUT THEY HAVE SO MUCH ROOM IN OTHER SECTIONS OF THERE CITY TO PLACE THE ANCIENT DATABASE). Ah well for a powerful enemy they are pretty stupid but I love their strength but now how they should run things. (sending a virus to the Atlantis computers what the hell man, what do you think Rodney is going to say "sure here u go im taking down the firewall once im at it I might as well lower the shields") dum powerful replicators.

marty2006
April 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM

For the sake of a good series I feel the Asurans definately have to go - just at a logical pace - not too fast to be be unbelievable.

i guess your rite man maybe i was a little harsh :)

ToasterOnFire
April 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM

Meh, they can always pull a (Irresponsible) Kolya. TPTB have shown that they can write the easy out for no apparent good reason at all. :mckay:

Ouroboros
April 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Just have the Wraith discover their planet and blow it up with an extra ZPM they have lying around from the ancient war.

Queen 1: Hey looks like we missed a spot

Queen 2: *Kabooom* No we didn't.

Queen 1: **** wait, they weren't edible were they?

That's another thing that pisses me off about them. The whole idea that only a single planet full of lame-ass robot people with ancient tech is somehow supposed to be worse than an entire galaxy of space vampries that beat the **** out of an entire galaxy full of ancients with ancient tech.

jenks
April 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
The galaxy was full of humans, not Ancients, I think the Ancients just tried to protect the human inhabited worlds much like the Asgard did in the MW.

Back on topic though, I've really disliked the Asurans from the begining, a rehash of an SG-1 enemy is the last thing Atlantis needs imo.

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Meh, they can always pull a (Irresponsible) Kolya. TPTB have shown that they can write the easy out for no apparent good reason at all. :mckay:
LOL This is why we want them to slowly be phased out rather then doing an irresponsible. To learn from mistakes

Heaven
April 10th, 2007, 07:15 AM
LOL This is why we want them to slowly be phased out rather then doing an irresponsible. To learn from mistakes

yeah I guess they should learn from past mistakes, but maybe they can start right after this one? ;)

I'm thinking the Asurans should have been destroyed back in 3x05, or at least radically altered by Rodney's upgrade.

marty2006
April 10th, 2007, 06:16 PM
yeah I guess they should learn from past mistakes, but maybe they can start right after this one? ;)

I'm thinking the Asurans should have been destroyed back in 3x05, or at least radically altered by Rodney's upgrade.

I agree man there should have only been a small amount of them and they should have been dealt with quickly as it would have given the info on the milky way replicators and we wouldnt be stuck with such a boring enemy

marty2006
April 11th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Anyone any ideas as to what our next move against the asurans will be?

ACharmedAsgard
April 11th, 2007, 11:13 PM
those Asgard Satillites I think - since Unending

prion
April 12th, 2007, 04:58 AM
I'm in complete agreement.

the Asurans have to be the most ridiculous enemy ever, they have no purpose no spirit and no potential.
even the old block replicators were more interesting, I mean at least they had a purpose.
but the most boring thing about the Asurans is they have the same technology appearance and culture as the Lantians.

so after three seasons we still have a galaxy with only three types of technology (Lantian/Wraith/Tauri) and only three types of cultures (Lantian/Wraith/Medieval village).

I have to admit in the first season I was very intrigued about that mysterious nanovirus race, but not in a million years did I expect it to turn out so badly.

One word. BORING. To have a villian who shows no spark of passion in eradicating the enemy (Atlanteans) is just boring. Crap, even giant ants attacking people is scarier! No, Asurans are like being attacked by a bunch of mannequins. They don't show anger, joy, zip. I mean, at least the wraith have a good reason for killing people - FOOD!

The Asurans are like, yes, we want to eradicate the people who created and abandoned us,a nd oh yeah, because we're technically immortal, we can drag our feet and take years to launch an attack, yawn. (yes, said with heavy sarcasm).

I'd love to know what the writers find so fascinating about them.

Heaven
April 12th, 2007, 05:47 AM
One word. BORING. To have a villian who shows no spark of passion in eradicating the enemy (Atlanteans) is just boring. Crap, even giant ants attacking people is scarier! No, Asurans are like being attacked by a bunch of mannequins. They don't show anger, joy, zip. I mean, at least the wraith have a good reason for killing people - FOOD!
LOL
you're right. being attacked by the Asurans is like being attacked by a bunch of lawyers
at least the bug replicators made those cute mechanical sounds and went frenzy when you messed with them, but the asurans won't even raise an eyebrow. ;)

Rootortoise
April 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM

yep exactly...the wraith should be the main enemy (espesh with eps like michael and CG bringing more dimensions to them!), or come up with something more original! the asurans/replicators...been there done that destroyed them all!! hoping for more wraith in season 4 which from the spoilers looks promising!!

also progeny the ep that introduced them, was pretty much the same script as the ep that introdcued the human reps in season 6 in sg1!!
i mean rehashing an old enemy is bad enough but using pretty much the same script....yikes...made me dislike them already!!
at least in First strike, they were responsible for what happened but they werent in it for long!!
hurry up and make the big Anti replicator whatsit i say, get rid of them all!!!

wiseowl777
April 12th, 2007, 12:29 PM
i hate replicators... they are like a writers cop-out... hated them when they all of a sudden became part of season 6's unnatural selection and cringed when rodey said "omg they're replicators" in progeny... why cant they just be dead!

ACharmedAsgard
April 13th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I wouldn't say the replicators 'Bug form' were a bad enemy - there existance seemed more logical, however the Asurans are just...........erm..........sad

Killdeer
April 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I liked the bug form replicators, although probably not if they'd been used as a main enemy. I hated the human form replicators though, and these are just more of that.

Although I have to say, I didn't mind RepliCarter. Mainly because she wiped out all the other human form replicators and was just kind of the queen of the bug replicators. That was cool.

Ouroboros
April 13th, 2007, 09:52 PM
The bug replicators were ok but, I agree, not as a main enemy. A main enemy requires a depth of character that you can't really get with an emotionless swarm of identical bugs who only eat things and multiply.

marty2006
April 15th, 2007, 05:22 AM
The bug replicators were ok but, I agree, not as a main enemy. A main enemy requires a depth of character that you can't really get with an emotionless swarm of identical bugs who only eat things and multiply.

Lol spot on.

Killdeer
April 22nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Arrghhh! After rewatching Return 2, can I say again how very very much I HATE the Asurans! They are such a stiff, boring, enemy! Please please minimize the Asuran stories in Season 4!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, just needed to vent that. I haven't had the courage to rewatch Progeny yet. I didn't like it much the last time... :S

jenks
April 22nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Every time the writers find another way to use regular humans as aliens I die a little inside.

Wraith_Boy
April 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
The big problem with races like Asurans & Ori is that they are only a two-dimensional enemy!

1 is bland threats, surrender your worship to us or die.
2 is bland robots. Which perhaps may have had more value if not already done in SG-1. Heck it was only S8 where they were taken out. So far, far too recent to be bringing them back anywhere!

The only good thing about them is the fact that they are probably the most powerful race that's been encountered so far. Therefore should be the hardest to defeat. The only appealing thing about them is finding out the extent of their technological capabilities. Although in order to find that out, you have to watch thesem actors give robot performances. If they really wanted to bring in a new enemy, they should have gone for the non-human look. Perhaps a race that is Alien, who were in Pegasus first. Lanteans settled unwittingly, they decided to attack. Ancients fought back & drove them out of the galaxy. They returned millions of years later, created the Wraith to wipe out the Ancients. As a side effect, they made them feed on humans to empty the galaxy once again. After which, they created the virus to target anything with human DNA. Which would allow them to kill off the Wraith & all the humans of the galaxy. Everything was going to plan until the humans came to Atlantis. So they came in person to finish it all once & for all themselves.

The Wraith originally were actually pretty scary & intimidating. Sadly though they're now more jokey space vampires than anything else!

We hear this is a race that defeated the Ancients. Yet humans with no real advanced tech have taken out a whole heap of Hive ships in a very short amount of time. Imagine what they could have done had they the ability to create energy weapons, drones & a good power source.

So more than anything else, they need to adjust the way they are writing the Wraith to give them back the uber dangerous enemy feel about them again.

The only real way I feel they can salvage the show (especially for the long term) is to create a war arc. Have the Atlantis team finish the Asgard Sat Weapon. They go & deploy it over the planet. It works & we see around half the population or whatever get disintegrated by the blast wave. Suddenly they launch Drones or whatever at the 304. It is forced to flee rather than risk being destroyed. They come back a few hours later for a final attack. Only this time, the Asurans done scans & all the rest of the initial attack. They have adapted their shields to block the blast wave. The 304 realises something is wrong & is about to jump into HS before a huge warship decloaks behind it & launches an energy beam that cuts right through the 304 like butter. They are linked to Atlantis via comms. Who get the dreaded news before the ship is whacked out.

They realise they are in serious trouble now, the Asurans are on the war path, they send out a broadcast galaxy wide on an Ancient frequency that informs them that Earth is gonna be enslvaded & made to suffer horribly for what transpired earlier today. Then it shows an image of the ships sitting on the surface preparing for the trip to Earth.

The only options is to involve the Wraith. So they devise a plan to have a 304 attack a Wraith Hive. It goes to the Hive, opens the hangar bay door & fired a crapload Drones from a few parked PJ's sitting in the hangar. Send them a message taunting them with the fact that the Ancients are about to finally wipe them out once & for all. Send them details of the location of Asuras with pics of the huge city so they know what is there. Say that's where you are headed & they should follow if they dare or whatever. They send a ship or 2. The Asurans launch an attack, destroy the Wraith ships. Who signal the others that it's true before being destroyed. They all band together & go attack the Asurans. This sets out a war arc that they run with over the coming couple of seasons. After which when Sci-Fi eventually pull the plug on the show, they have everything set in motion for a barnstorming finale that they can end on a 2/3hr movie.

Much better that have the Wraith appear in few eps, the Asurans in another few eps. Sci-Fi pull the plug & it turns out nothing is really known about the enemies at all. So they are forced to try & wipe each one out in a single movie.

Look at the Ori for a perfect example of this, a season building them up, a season full of standalones. They don't show an Ori, Doci or whoever. Go with the events of 'The Shroud'. Then will suddenly end them in a single movie. Perhaps if they do a war arc, they can at least make the most out of a 2d robot enemy.

prion
April 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
The big problem with races like Asurans & Ori is that they are only a two-dimensional enemy!

1 is bland threats, surrender your worship to us or die.
2 is bland robots. Which perhaps may have had more value if not already done in SG-1. Heck it was only S8 where they were taken out. So far, far too recent to be bringing them back anywhere!.

Uh yup :) They're one-dimensional (I can't give them two dimensions, sorry) ;)

Where's the passion? The emotions?

PG15
April 22nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
I guess you don't like Vulcan either, eh? ;)

marty2006
April 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM

I dont Lol

Killdeer
April 22nd, 2007, 03:59 PM

That's not even comparable! :confused:

marty2006
April 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
The rumour one of the two enemys in the pegasus may be defeated is sadly leaning toward the side of the wraith, i hope to god this does NOT happen the wraith truly have to be kept as the main enemy.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
The rumour one of the two enemys in the pegasus may be defeated is sadly leaning toward the side of the wraith, i hope to god this does NOT happen the wraith truly have to be kept as the main enemy.

Oh no, not another piece of bad news today. :( *sighs despairingly* I'm crossing my fingers the enemy to be defeated is the Asurans. After the news today, if they defeat the Wraith, that just may be the final nail in this show for me. And I don't think I've said that before. But a show with the Asurans as the main enemy? I'm really not that interested in watching.

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I think the Asurans will be defeated, the PWARW should be able to wipe them out quicker than any method of defeating the Wraith I can think of could. Unless the Wraith do get wiped out and the clue might be in Joe's poem, I thought that:

Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. Might be talking about the Asgard, ie the Wraith are a dying species, for whatever reason.

The only bad thing about the Wraith is that people who have had a quick watch of Atlantis who I know find them to be really cheesy, to the point that it would put them off watching...

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
The only bad thing about the Wraith is that people who have had a quick watch of Atlantis who I know find them to be really cheesy, to the point that it would put them off watching...

I can understand that, really. But..

really cheesy vs really boring?
really cheesy vs really boring?

Hmmm.... I vote for cheesy. :) If they present a better third option, well then...*shrugs*. But of the two presented to us now? Cheesy gets my vote. :D

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I suppose, but boring takes time to realise, cheesy hits you straight away. I wasn't arguing that the Asurans were a better enemy anyway, it's just that I think if someone is switching through the channels, seing an Asuran is less liekly to put you off than seeing a Maryln Manson look alike with a funky voice :o

marty2006
April 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I suppose, but boring takes time to realise, cheesy hits you straight away. I wasn't arguing that the Asurans were a better enemy anyway, it's just that I think if someone is switching through the channels, seing an Asuran is less liekly to put you off than seeing a Maryln Manson look alike with a funky voice :o

True the thing is man there supposed to be making it for us the people who watch the show and not too bring in passers by.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM

I see your point. Doesn't mean I don't still want the Asurans gone, but I see where you're coming from. :D

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
True the thing is man there supposed to be making it for us the people who watch the show and not too bring in passers by.

Except they're not, they're making it for everyone, they'll be wanting to bring in as many 'passsers by' as they can.

marty2006
April 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
If they were making it for passers by there would be no multi episode arcs or continuing story lines or any sort of non human aliens so new viewers can join in whenever, there first priority should be to make the best show they can for the fans they have or they could end up losing fans. I mean the whole becket weir and carter thing is pushing some fans to the edge killing off the wraith would be a major blow to the series and quite frankly a joke.

Wraith_Boy
April 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Just read this also:

J Williams writes: “Anywho are we going to learn the wraiths weakness in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. And they’re not the only ones.

For 'The Seer':

Wraith find a way to put the Asurans to sleep, but McKay wakes them up again.

The fact that they are doing it in the 1st half of S4 I feel will probably end up backfiring on them. That's the Asuran weakness, while the Wraith one will probably emerge in the 2nd half of the season finally enabling them to be defeated.

Would rather they spent S4 & S5 putting them both at war with each other.

marty2006
April 26th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Yea id love to see them fight it out for a season or witht eh wraith winning in the end and at some point further on us defeating the wraith once again proving our strength and ability against a larger and stronger enemy.

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I took a look at the new information recently available, and I think it's a little cheap for that particular outcome.

Jackie
April 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Sign me up for the anti asuran thread. They are as lack luster as the Ori. I prefer the Wriath.

At least the original replicators were kind of creepy looking. Like bugs. But, these guys are just dull. I see little difference between the Asurance and the Ancients as it is.

If they were more like cylons or terminators--they could get a little more "umph" out of the characters.

Just a thought. If The Terminator were come to Atlantis and go up against the asurans. That would be really intresting. Go Arnold. Kill them buggers!:D

marty2006
April 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Lol id give you green if i had any left

ACharmedAsgard
April 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Apprently

The Wraith know how to turn them off

so we may be able too soon.

marty2006
April 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Apprently

The Wraith know how to turn them off

so we may be able too soon.

Yea but apparently mckay accidentally turns them back on

ACharmedAsgard
April 28th, 2007, 01:31 PM
no he needs them to destroy te wraith...then they'd useless and could wipe them out easier

Sauron18
April 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM
no he needs them to destroy te wraith...then they'd useless and could wipe them out easier
Well, unfortunately for Mckay & Co., the Asurans' plan to destroy the Wraith is not exactly Human-Friendly, and in fact depends on the death of all humans on Pegasus.

Ouroboros
April 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hopefully the Wraith will just destroy them all instead after McKay wakes them up. They don't need the Asuran city intact to get to Earth so they could just rig a left-over ancient ZPM or twelve to blow up the whole sytem and rid us of the rehashed replicator people for good.

marty2006
May 1st, 2007, 04:00 AM
I second that motion.

ACharmedAsgard
May 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
Well since Unending we could always use the satilite weapons to get rid of the Asurans so that there is 0only the Wraith and the new race to face

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 12:38 AM
I cant stress enough how much i hope that is the case.

ACharmedAsgard
May 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
We all hope - I'm beginning to miss the Wraith

marty2006
May 8th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well, unfortunately for Mckay & Co., the Asurans' plan to destroy the Wraith is not exactly Human-Friendly, and in fact depends on the death of all humans on Pegasus.

Interesting where did you find this out?